Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules

Go down 
+17
Maris Gertans
Richard Wilks
Roger Leu
Steven Klein
John Fuqua
Chris Stephens
Jonatan Acerclinth
Bob Wilson
Matthew Hull
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Jan Kowalski
Raul Jereb
Axel Putra
Richard Coxon
David Jundt
Jason White
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Mar 2017 - 21:32

This Mod is a wonderful piece of work.  It blows my mind to think of the time and tedious work that is involved in developing a work of this quality.  David, and everyone at HSO who had a hand in this Mod and the tracks are to be congratulated.  The USAC 73 and this one are first class workmanship.  You all have my thanks and greatest respect for your talents and unselfishness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 16:39

Due to the high interest in this series, we will be tightening the penalties for absenteeism:

A full-season driver missing one race without any explanation on the forum will have their car freed and made available for someone else. If a full-season driver is absent for two races in a row or four races in total, they will lose their drive, even if they declare their absence each time. 
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Steven Klein
Rookie
Steven Klein

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2016-12-07

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 19:17

Well this is my death penalty Crying or Very sad

Because I am a shift worker and cannot take part at all races.
1st Yes
2nd No
3rd No----loose the car....
4th Yes
5th No
6th Yes
7th No----loose the car again...
8th Yes
9th Yes
10th No
11-14th Yes......

And asking for a driver, taking my races I cannot compete, well...I think noone will say "here I am", because if I cannot compete, they have a full time car.

So,...it was a nice dream...too bad...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vonisenburg.de
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 19:35

Steven, just pair with somebody with options like yours, and split your races to 50/50..
You wont loose the car, and somebody else wont stay without the car in first place. Maybe somebody wants to drive less than half races.. dont be affraid to ask.

A lot of us rush in championships with best intetntions, and most of us are working-familly people, and after few races there will be more options for cars. So taking the car in two is pretty good option, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Mar 2017 - 20:21

There will be extra cars at most races, so you will likely be able to take part when your work allows, dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Roger Leu
Rookie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:47

Question:

Why you make then these rules if you have enough cars? dont understand it right know sry.. someone says this, another one says that.

what is fact? YES he dont loose the car? or he loose the car after the first race?

or Yes he can drive if he is lucky enough to get a *extra* car?
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:59

We dont have enough cars. There are a lot more car requests than full time rides.

As for what people say, what matters is what is written in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Mar 2017 - 12:14

Roger Leu wrote:
Question:

Why you make then these rules if you have enough cars? dont understand it right know sry.. someone says this, another one says that.

what is fact? YES he dont loose the car? or he loose the car after the first race?

or   Yes he can drive if he is lucky enough to get a *extra* car?

There are two types of cars,

1) The ones that took part in the whole season (The list that appears at post 1)

2) The ones that only appeared at some races (Those will be announced in the relevant race thread)

Because we are a league aiming to -in general terms- recreate historic championships as they were, we allow people to choose a car and stick to it the whole season, but offer as extra cars those who took part in the specific race. So even if you do not get a "full season" car, you could theoretically do, say 90% of the races juping from one to another of the "extra" ones that will be offered at those races. Main difference is, with a season ride you are guaranteed a place in the grid, whereas with a one-off you have to be pending from the entry list opening and picking one in time.

You could ask why didn't we add some of those cars as all year entries, and the answer is:

1) We actually did it to bring up the field to 25, as real regulars of all races there were only IIRC 21 cars
2) We would still have the problem because we have 37 requests adn we just want a maximum of around 25 cars on road courses and small ovals, and 33 at big ovals (500 milers) in benefit of the safety and best experience (Lag, etc).
3) Even if 37 people want a ride, not all will really be commited to the full schedule, so it ¡s better to ensure free rides at several races for those who come and go.

Of course you can argue with our reasons, but I did not put them here for arguing. I puthem merely as informative, as they are NOT open for debate.  :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Maris Gertans
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Mar 2017 - 19:26

Bob Wilson wrote:
This Mod is a wonderful piece of work.  It blows my mind to think of the time and tedious work that is involved in developing a work of this quality.  David, and everyone at HSO who had a hand in this Mod and the tracks are to be congratulated.  The USAC 73 and this one are first class workmanship.  You all have my thanks and greatest respect for your talents and unselfishness. Very Happy
I agree 100%, amazing. Period of "vacuum" of 80-ies Indycar, when there were no CART mods, has ended.
Ever since I read in the topic about 1984 CART mod, that David Sabre wrote something like "there can be another CART mod around the corner", I followed these forums.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 1:02

V1.0 of the CART 1988 mod is now available; this is the version we will use for the 14-race series. Before downloading, please purge any previous versions of the mod to avoid online mismatches. 

--> HSO CART 1988 Mod V1.0 for rFactor <--
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 14:59

Jason White wrote:
V1.0 of the CART 1988 mod is now available; this is the version we will use for the 14-race series. Before downloading, please purge any previous versions of the mod to avoid online mismatches. 

Cheers Jason for all the hard work :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Mar 2017 - 23:33

Steve Parker wrote:

Cheers Jason for all the hard work :clap:

The real hard work was done by David, Alberto, Mr. Wilks and others in the Factory Wink
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 2:35

The server instructed us to download the "new" Mod. Something about fixing a fuel bug. Is it up yet?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 2:36

Bob Wilson wrote:
The server instructed us to download the "new" Mod.  Something about fixing a fuel bug.  Is it up yet?

Post issued with instructions.
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 17:41

Will there be a pit speed limit for Phoenix? Question
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 18:00

No and neither will there be in the season's other races. Pit speed limit in Championship Car racing was introduced at the 1992 Indy 500 if memory serves Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 18:14

just testing on my tracks ( mexico91)

man these car are a blast and react so real on the bums aswell

ofcourse i can't compare to 91 mod but i do
they have massive downforce , almost flatout at Peralta
were they that more sticky to the ground?
to alberto that is the last corner lol!

:clap:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 18:17

Unlike the 1991 F1 cars these have ground effects so their aero grip was substantially greater yes Wink
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 20:28

François Remmen wrote:
just testing on my tracks ( mexico91)

man these car are a blast and react so real on the bums aswell

ofcourse i can't compare to 91 mod but i do
they have massive downforce , almost flatout at Peralta
were they that more sticky to the ground?
to alberto that is the last corner lol!

:clap:

I can't speak for the F1 cars, but I know that our CART88 ones have the correct downforce, both in the underbody and the wings. We got the data from Nigel Bennet's book, where he gives the figures of the Penske PC17.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2017 - 21:33

Bob Wilson wrote:
Will there be a pit speed limit for Phoenix?  Question

No
Back to top Go down
Maris Gertans
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:13

Sorry for interruption, but somehow looking in the spinner I have a feeling, that sidepods of Lola T8800 are a bit too short, in real life side photos their front ends up underneath mirrors (almost like March). Or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Mar 2017 - 8:56

The current version of the Phoenix track has a 56 mph pit speed limit, will there be an update?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Mar 2017 - 12:37

Rob Swindells wrote:
The current version of the Phoenix track has a 56 mph pit speed limit, will there be an update?

The mod is configured so that pit speed limit will not be enforced.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Mar 2017 - 16:43

Maris Gertans wrote:
Sorry for interruption, but somehow looking in the spinner I have a feeling, that sidepods of Lola T8800 are a bit too short, in real life side photos their front ends up underneath mirrors (almost like March). Or is it just me?

Looks the same to me when I look at the #6 Newman-Haas Lola scratch

If this is the '88 Newman-Haas car, I can only see a slight difference at the end of the sidepod, where the incline seems to be less:

https://s8.photobucket.com/user/Shunter24/media/39973890_V5Z3L-L-1.jpg.html

Or is that car above from '89 already?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Mar 2017 - 17:33

David Jundt wrote:
Maris Gertans wrote:

Looks the same to me when I look at the #6 Newman-Haas Lola scratch

If this is the '88 Newman-Haas car, I can only see a slight difference at the end of the sidepod, where the incline seems to be less:

https://s8.photobucket.com/user/Shunter24/media/39973890_V5Z3L-L-1.jpg.html

Or is that car above from '89 already?

The cars had many subtle variations from track to track and the teams continuously experimented aero tweaks. The 3D is representative of the average car of each model, as it is impossible to do all minor details of all teams in all races.  Plus, 3D models even if accurate (Laser scanned) many times "appear" differently on a PC screen than in real life, the FOV and shading f.e. having an effect on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules   1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1988 CART PPG Indy Car World Series - Rules
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next