Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your racing "office"

Go down 
+22
Lennart Groessl
Austin Johnson
Ashar Firdaus
Jacob Fredriksson
Yves Plaçais
Jan Kowalski
Karel Marciniszyn
Greg Hunt
Jon Hawkins
Steve Parker
Martin Audran
Ludovic Tiengou
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
David Jundt
Timo Vermeersch
Pascal Mikula
Raul Jereb
Ben Paulet
Michal Janak
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Your racing "office" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2018 - 16:22

Love your ambition and dedication, Raul! See you soon on track. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2018 - 9:14

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
build a coffin and put it next to the rig as a warning against further complaints :rigol:

Or I could go with a combo??

Your racing "office" - Page 5 324366

The only problem is that Im the one who will end up in one..
Im draining out all of the tolerance points very fast lately...  Your racing "office" - Page 5 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2018 - 11:25

Raul Jereb wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
build a coffin and put it next to the rig as a warning against further complaints :rigol:

Or I could go with a combo??

Your racing "office" - Page 5 324366

The only problem is that Im the one who will end up in one..
Im draining out all of the tolerance points very fast lately...  Your racing "office" - Page 5 1623587389
Formula Coffin car Laughing
and power it with a 1-litre V8 lol!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2018 - 14:04

Wow, great job, Raul. This is definitely the most original, yet great and solid looking rig i've seen in a long time. Will you paint it or keep the wooden look?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2018 - 22:21

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Wow, great job, Raul. This is definitely the most original, yet great and solid looking rig i've seen in a long time. Will you paint it or keep the wooden look?

Dear Petr (and others) thank you for supporting words, it means a lot to me.. Im still having a lot of questions to myself how to solve some things, but the main problem, as ussual, is free time and budget.. though, this project up to this point costed some 20-30$. Of corse, no chair, wheel and PC/monitors, tools included Smile

I am thinking a lot about this and how to make it as universal as possible and, maybe even more importatnt, space friendly.. and finaly, how to make it affordable and achievable to someone with not so much enthusiasm, and yet with not option to enter a store and buy a top-notch racing rig..

I will get back with some solutions during next 2-3 weeks, I just have to rethink it for some another thousand times and wait for my MCcard to enter next financial period Embarassed so I can go SHOPING!!!!!! :banane: :banane: :banane:

And about the color, well, its really not on the topic here atm, I prefer this natural colour, it is least visible in a way among other furniture, but since this is first prototype, Ill try to make the next one more "racing-car-like", you know, some lines that associate to racing car, not a coffin :D.. its a brand new project, though.

Thanks again, Ill inform you about the progress... Smile and I hope Ill be racing in it soon :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 18:11

Nice Monitor Petr Shocked.  How does the 144hz feel? It looks so much smoother compared to 60.

Raul nice rig buddy. Did you make that yourself? My line of work is carpentry...that's impressive work! Did you ever complete it? We need pictures lol.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2019 - 20:46

Austin Johnson wrote:

Raul nice rig buddy. Did you make that yourself? My line of work is carpentry...that's impressive work! Did you ever complete it? We need pictures lol.

As a matter of fact, just these days I was very active about it and started to complete the project.
Yes, I did all by myself. A part of me is very much in woods, even not as much as I would like. I made some furniture, few electric guitars, and things like that.. nothing professional, all for myself..

So, my office is near its end. I had few days off my job, and finaly ordered a triple monitor stand. Acctualy, that stand was the reason all was paused. The rig itself had few facelifts, after that first prototype, I noticed some major mistakes and issues which needed some general reconstruction. And finaly, monitor mounting was the biggest quest from the beginning, and just recently I found one for decent amount of money.

My idea is to make the whole seatpost, PCunit, monitors, all at one place, foldable and mobile.

I plan to finish all until the first race in two weeks, I hope Ill made it. But it is still a "prototype" version, once finished, I plan to re-measure and optimise everything and then buy some more quality material and made it again. This is made out of construction 1" thick wood, which got deformed during few months period, and now everything is a little bit excentric.. but it will be usable for testing and debugging :D

Tomorow I have to mount few more pieces, Ill make few photos and share it!!

Thanks for the support! It is nice to hear such encouraging words!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 13:32

Far from finished..

Waiting for monitors stand to start finalising, I just dont know how its going to behave on whole construction.

Still needs some rough and fine tuning, but finaly, this is a version which seems usable.

Your racing "office" - Page 5 IMG-20190102-111140

Your racing "office" - Page 5 IMG-20190102-111158

Your racing "office" - Page 5 JR-SP-1-1

Your racing "office" - Page 5 JR-SP-1-2

Your racing "office" - Page 5 JR-SP-1-3
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jan 2019 - 20:44

nice :top:

my new selfmade HW  for use with SIMHUB
Your racing "office" - Page 5 Simhub10
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2019 - 23:42

little of upgrade to display from last post

not 100% finished (must finish cover with plexiglass and led light) ,  plates with numbers wil be changeable for different MAX RPM (6,8,10)

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jan 2019 - 19:46

WIP:
try 1st changeable layout (printed little bigger pig ), the needle is from color paper glued to iron washer and on plastic center on gauge axe is glued magnet, so it easy and safe remove needle for easy plate change , so different skins

Your racing "office" - Page 5 Gauge10
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jan 2019 - 21:17

Nice work Michal.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jan 2019 - 23:15

Get a Transam V8 plate for that thing and come race with us on February the 3rd Michal - it's on good old rFactor  :D :top: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2019 - 23:40

and for one of my most favorite cars  Ferrari 330 p4,  plate drawed in InkScape , change of plates now under 5 minutes

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb 2019 - 15:56

beloved (since my GPL era)

Your racing "office" - Page 5 F312_f10

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:01

new add to SIMHUB box  (without work approx 5 USD for LEDs)

12 RGB LEDS (fully configurable)

12 for RPM and 2 of them i configured for track flags, one is Yellow and one blue

Your racing "office" - Page 5 Ledbar10

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:34

I'm VERY close of ordering Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals when my next paycheck is due. Any objections?
Back to top Go down
Lennart Groessl
Rookie
Lennart Groessl

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2019-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:40

Michal Janak wrote:

Do you have any instuctions of how to build it ?
Would like to have something similar as I do love watching analoge gauges do their thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2019 - 6:14

Lennart Groessl wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:

Do you have any instuctions of how to build it ?
Would like to have something similar as I do love watching analoge gauges do their thing Very Happy

all is powered by great app SIMHUB

SIMHUB

o pages with details to project is schema how to connect real gauges from car https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki

important is find well working gauge, i try the way use one of from old cars, 2 wasn working, this from 1990 fiat tipo at first didn work too but after i shortcut rezistor on input wire just started work
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2019 - 10:29

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I'm VERY close of ordering Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals when my next paycheck is due. Any objections?

I have those,they are solid as a rock :top: no problems with mine after 2 years
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2019 - 19:49

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Great pedals, but IIRC you would have to pay separately for a load cell upgrade/improved feel. If that's the case, my recommendation for some Fanatec CSLs stands, as they are the best bang for the buck around, plus also smaller footprint and great looks.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Apr 2019 - 8:25

Fanatec's build quality still worries me. I've had G25 pedals for the last 12 years, so I won't be too picky when it comes to feel, and customising pedals can be an interesting challenge for me. Price and delivery is also a factor for me, since I really want new pedals ahead of our Indy 500.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Apr 2019 - 10:03

I have had my CSP since 2011 and mechanically speaking they have been flawless. Only issues were with the load cell, (Too weak on the firsts runs of CSPs as mines) but I long solved that. The CSL elites are all metal construction and pretty solid according to the reviews, as the T500. In the end the ideal thing would be for you to try both before buying, because what we all want is that comfortable, solid feel under our feet. But I guess that is impossible nowadays as most things sale over internet and there are no longer stores where you can physically see and try all things  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gerardo Magnano
Rookie
Gerardo Magnano

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2019 - 23:37

Your racing "office" - Page 5 QRusxcn

Logitech DFGT

A la e$pera de poder agregar 2 monitores .

Waiting to be able ($$) to add 2 monitors .
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Apr 2019 - 10:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I have had my CSP since 2011 and mechanically speaking they have been flawless. Only issues were with the load cell, (Too weak on the firsts runs of CSPs as mines) but I long solved that. The CSL elites are all metal construction and pretty solid according to the reviews, as the T500. In the end the ideal thing would be for you to try both before buying, because what we all want is that comfortable, solid feel under our feet. But I guess that is impossible nowadays as most things sale over internet and there are no longer stores where you can physically see and try all things  :|

Yes, exactly it. Thrustmaster TH8's gearshifters are pretty solid, and I suppose their pedals are too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your racing "office"
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next