Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]

Go down 
+32
Svenja Titz
Jan Titz
David Jaques
Jonatan Acerclinth
Philippe Martinelli
David Jundt
Granata Gonzalo
Raul Jereb
Raymond Riddall
Martin Lacina
Petr Hlavac
Michal Janak
Alberto Ibañez
Miroslav Havlík
Dave Simmons
Yves Plaçais
Steve Parker
Greg Hunt
Jon Hawkins
Jan Kowalski
Peter Blom
Simon Wattman
Oyvind Andersen
Mick Chapman
Jacob Fredriksson
Pascal Mikula
Karel Marciniszyn
Honza Mild
Ricard Suanya
Juha Bos
Ludovic Tiengou
Richard Coxon
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2013-03-28

Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 12:08

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Oyvind Andersen wrote:
I have a very disruptive varying sound in the game,
what can I do ?

You are likely missing some track sounds, there was a pack somewhere to get them. If the weird sound is heard in pits and near grandstands and then goes away a other parts of the track that is likely teh cause (Your missing the crowd cheers sound and rfactor engine starts an annyoing sequence of strange deep sound instead, which is likely what you hear).

Someone please can link to those extra sounds? I have no idea right now where to find them.

The problem is that the rF lite install came with the wrong file, they wrongly named a wheel gun sound as "fans_normal_1", so the game thinks it's fans and plays it all the time, making it extremely annoying.
There are 2 solutions:
You can delete the file named "fans_normal_1.wav" from your gamedata/sounds/ambient folder, or replace the file with this one:
Link

Hope that solves it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 13:34

For some time I had think I'll be a new Manuel Valls. I was stuck with a 49.3. Fortunately I'm now a 49.25 lol!
Not sure our foreign fellows could understand that one :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017 - 14:06

Well you are the quickest privateer so far, and that has to be your main aim so well done  :top:
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 0:43

getting an rfm mismatch on the server,got the mod and patch installed scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 0:45

Steve Parker wrote:

You need this mate

rFm Patch
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:03

Looks like I cannot make any real progression in time setup-wise, the default setup (except for the gears and anti-rollbar) is just as quick around the tracks so far. I think most time is won by precise driving and doing quite a lot of training laps. Anyone else has that feeling too?
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:26

Richard Coxon wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:

You need this mate

rFm Patch

Cheers m8,but i had already found it in the donny thread :top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 3:06

present
Back to top Go down
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 19:27

Quick question for all you set up gurus... my car seems to want to Hop almost around the slower corners, especially Druids... i have softened the the suspension but it is not really mitigating the hopping. Any advice on how to fix or is it the nature of this version of Brands Hatch that Druids seem rather bumpy?

Consistency is my other issue, fastest sectors combined and i can do a 48.9.. just dont have the talent to string it together XD :p
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 20:49

Dave Simmons wrote:
Quick question for all you set up gurus... my car seems to want to Hop almost around the slower corners, especially Druids... i have softened the the suspension but it is not really mitigating the hopping. Any advice on how to fix or is it the nature of this version of Brands Hatch that Druids seem rather bumpy?

Consistency is my other issue, fastest sectors combined and i can do a 48.9.. just dont have the talent to string it together XD :p

It is very bumpy indeed despite trying softer suspension. The only way to take druids fast and not hit the bumps is to steer in early and let your right front and back wheel roll over the inside curbs all the way to the exit. You can win a lot of time that way and still keep it inside the track..and less bumps on the inside :top:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 23:12

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 0:49

Peter Blom wrote:

It is very bumpy indeed despite trying softer suspension. The only way to take druids fast and not hit the bumps is to steer in early and let your right front and back wheel roll over the inside curbs all the way to the exit. You can win a lot of time that way and still keep it inside the track..and less bumps on the inside :top:

Hmmmm interesting... :hum: Will give that a try :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 12:38

[quote="Ricard Suanya"]
Peter Blom wrote:

Hmmmm interesting... :hum: Will give that a try :antoine:

I'm counting on it! I'll check your progression in the time tables..no more excuses now :jp:
Back to top Go down
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 13:54

Peter Blom wrote:

I'm counting on it! I'll check your progression in the time tables..no more excuses now :jp:

Tried it just now and improved a couple tenths. :D Still behind you though and i can't see myself getting a 47 Mad It's so easy to make mistakes in this track.
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 14:00

Well best laid plans of mice and men.....

Seems my new computer won't be ready until the end of the week so I cannot participate in this race, I know I now lose the seat for other races as well now Sad but at least it means I can focus on WEC instead.

Anybody want a Datsun lol
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 14:56

If possible i will try your car Jon as one off
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 15:31

Martin Lacina wrote:
If possible i will try your car Jon as one off

You can for this round.

After round 2 the Nissan will be on offer to the waiting list.
Back to top Go down
Oyvind Andersen
Club Driver
Oyvind Andersen

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 21:31

Ricard Suanya wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Oyvind Andersen wrote:
I have a very disruptive varying sound in the game,
what can I do ?

You are likely missing some track sounds, there was a pack somewhere to get them. If the weird sound is heard in pits and near grandstands and then goes away a other parts of the track that is likely teh cause (Your missing the crowd cheers sound and rfactor engine starts an annyoing sequence of strange deep sound instead, which is likely what you hear).

Someone please can link to those extra sounds? I have no idea right now where to find them.

The problem is that the rF lite install came with the wrong file, they wrongly named a wheel gun sound as "fans_normal_1", so the game thinks it's fans and plays it all the time, making it extremely annoying.
There are 2 solutions:
You can delete the file named "fans_normal_1.wav" from your gamedata/sounds/ambient folder, or replace the file with this one:
Link

Hope that solves it! Very Happy
It's okay now, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2017 - 22:34

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2017 - 16:48

race #1 Pascal Mikula
race #2 Raul Jereb

thanks
Back to top Go down
Granata Gonzalo
Rookie
Granata Gonzalo

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2017 - 19:10

I can run with some car? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2017 - 19:32

Granata Gonzalo wrote:
I can run with some car?  Embarassed

Sorry but no, there is no free cars for this race at the moment.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 1:34

If we're having a stream with Jonatan, I am interested in joining him on it again. Last time was fun :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 8:30

David Jundt wrote:
If we're having a stream with Jonatan, I am interested in joining him on it again. Last time was fun :top:

You guys use teamspeak for post-race interviews? Please pm me info how to join it.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:33

Richard Coxon wrote:
Granata Gonzalo wrote:
I can run with some car?  Embarassed

Sorry but no, there is no free cars for this race at the moment.

Steve vient de m'informer qu'il rentrerait tard du boulot et qu'il ne sera pas dispo pour les courses de ce soir..... et moi non plus... pensant qu'il le serait !

Granata : si tu veux les clés de la BMW #20, elles sont à toi pour ce soir (que ce soir, hein ? Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Brands Hatch Indy [Feb 1st]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next