Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rFactor 2 discount

Go down 
+11
Steve Parker
David Jaques
Sky Willis
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
David Jundt
Michael Drechsler
Ben Paulet
Ludovic Tiengou
Raul Jereb
Petr Hlavac
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2016 - 20:48

rF2 is on Steam for 14.99. I couldn't resist, downloading now :conduit:

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Fri 23 Dec 2016 - 18:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2016 - 21:06

The huge thing is - they dropped the subscription nonsense two days ago, it's a fully supported game forever :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 13:34

Hey Petr, and others..

besides what its specified for pc configuration, I would like to know how is this game working on "weaker" computers in real world..
. I have an i3 with 4gb ram and a Geforce...

Are there any rf2 groups like this one? I noticed some of HSO drivers playing it, but I never acctualy payed attention doo much, since rf1 and driving around is more than enough. Yet, I would like to try something new..

are the mods and the tracks for rf2 free as for rf1 and playing online too?
And finyl, is there any GroupC mod for it?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 14:32

Raul Jereb wrote:
Hey Petr, and others..

besides what its specified for pc configuration, I would like to know how is this game working on "weaker" computers in real world..

. I have an i3 with 4gb ram and a Geforce...

Are there any rf2 groups like this one? I noticed some of HSO drivers playing it, but I never acctualy payed attention doo much, since rf1 and driving around is more than enough. Yet, I would like to try something new..

are the mods and the tracks for rf2 free as for rf1 and playing online too?
And finyl, is there any GroupC mod for it?? Smile

Got quite the same as you Raul...just had a 6gb RAM.
I've try rFactor 2 for 50 hours. unfortunately it doesn't run unless putting all the graphism options as low as possible. And then the results are just ugly and I sometimes got framerate issue. I've got a better quality overall with rFactor1.
Also had huge issues with my FFB. Everything had to be changed in it. I never managed to find how to have a good results. All the cars I had were just develishly undriveable.
So I ditched rFactor 2 and never used it again.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 15:52

Hi Raul,

i have a similar setup and surprisingly, rF2 is running at high settings at reasonable 30-40fps. The message from Ludovic is probably related to early versions (the same for FFB). I spent some 7 hours driving everything, from vintage cars to modern F1, from the old Spa to Tilkerings. There are three absolutely amazing vintage tracks - Spa, Monaco and Monza. With 1968 F1, it's incredibly immersive and quite scary experience. Just for this alone, i think rF2 is worth the money. On the other hand, to be honest, the rest didn't bring WOW-factor. The whole thing is too much like rF1. Though mods and tracks are free, there are not many (thankfully, there are three Prototype C cars available Wink ). As discussed during broadcast from Montreal, rF1 still offers the best value for historic racing. .

BUT. There are many new things coming. A new group took over the development. They made several changes already (like scrapping that stupid online subscription fee), they will redesign UI, upgrade graphics to DX11 which should be great, they finally started to speak with moders, so that conversion from rF1 should be much easier = amount of content will grow rapidly, once it's done. And it can't be denied that the physics model is just awesome. With addition of drying line, rubber at the track, flat spotting tyres and other features, this must be the best sim experience available.

Is it worth buying? Well, 90 euro for lifetime subscription? No way. 15 euro for the whole package with big things coming soon? Hell Yes!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 16:48

With dx9 there was already a long list of shaders, but there with dx11, I don't want imagine how long it will be for the modders. Not tomorrow that I go to convert the xjr-15 for rf2. study
But fore sure, IMHO, rf2 is the platform for our future. We just need appropriate contents for our historic races.
There's a long time that I didn't touch rf2, but in my memories monaco, spa, and nordschleife were great immersive tracks. I liked the nsx mod too. And I found the ffb better than rf1.
Indeed, we are waiting for a convert tool rf1-rf2 from the new studio, and sure the contents will grown faster.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 18:15

Ben, if you own rF2, use the option to convert to Steam. They say it will run on Steam only and the conversion is for free at least till the end of January. The advantages are obvious, you get all the game updates automatically, and there are many coming.

https://www.studio-397.com/2016/
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 18:33

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Ben, if you own rF2, use the option to convert to Steam. They say it will run on Steam only and the conversion is for free at least till the end of January. The advantages are obvious, you get all the game updates automatically, and there are many coming.

https://www.studio-397.com/2016/

Does this game tend to stay free on updates and content?

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 18:44

Raul Jereb wrote:
Does this game tend to stay free on updates and content?

I think i read something about paid licensed content in future (like Assetto Corsa does). Btw, if you want to try something new and fresh, AC might be the best choice. But as rF2 is so cheap now and has future potential, i bought it too Wink
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 18:53

Is it in the near future still going to be possible to own and play computer games without being burdened with dependent on Steam?
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 19:28

Apparently not. Even rF1 is on there...

Biggest downside is the difficulties/hassle to create several installs. Otherwise, I can't complain that much... you can change between builds and rather easily get mods via the workshop.

Some mods out there are payware though, but more often that not working well(URD, ASR Formula).

AC only seems to care about content content content OMG PORSCHE LICENSE.

Also, it's 2016 and they won't be able to change the game for day/night transitions, thus "real" endurance races are impossible.

I dunno how Kunos couldn't do it when rFactor did it 10 YEARS AGO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 19:34

One of the many flaws of AC Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 19:43

I get it that AC is all nice and dandy eye candy, but it doesn't seem as complete as rF2(rF1 even) that enables you to run stock cars, sprint cars, rally cars, prototypes, touring cars, etc.

It's strengths are sprint races and hotlapping, but to me, endurance racing is better done on it's rival rF2. Day/Night, weather, marbles and grip on the track, that just makes rF2 awesome during long races.

Yet, funnily enough, URD and other modders aswell as the Porsche DLC introduced endurance(WEC/Blancpain) cars to the sim.

The tyre model also isn't as advanced as rF2 and seems to have some flaws still.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 19:55

I see AC as just a glorified hot lapping game. You're right, it is a very incomplete game.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 19:57

As the discussion develops (thanks for that Wink ), i have one issue with rF2. Unless a car has 25+ steering lock, steering feels a bit dead and i would prefer more direct feeling. I found the option to set degrees of the wheel for each car, but it doesn't seem to work. It's the worst with go-karts by far. I'm using G25 with 920 degrees. Any tips, please?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 20:14

I think that my racing days will end with rF1, as I am not willing to be arsed with Steam or similar shit that monitors what I do or don't do, what I have or have not, etc.

I know most of the people that race here are younger than me and have a different attitude. But I was born and raised in an era of freedom (Sometimes admittingly excessive freedom), I witnessed the Berlin wall be teared down and lived the process of Spain becoming a democracy, so I guess that deep down in me there is a strong hatred to control and "big brothers" spying me. Thanks but no.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 20:44

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I think that my racing days will end with rF1, as I am not willing to be arsed with Steam or similar shit that monitors what I do or don't do, what I have or have not, etc.

I know most of the people that race here are younger than me and have a different attitude. But I was born and raised in an era of freedom (Sometimes admittingly excessive freedom), I witnessed the Berlin wall be teared down and lived the process of Spain becoming a democracy, so I guess that deep down in me there is a strong hatred to control and "big brothers" spying me. Thanks but no.

Exactly this!

While I understand the desire and need for copyright control (hey, I had my fair shäre in piracy in younger years, too Wink ), Steam is asking way more than I'm willing to allow anybody. And you're absolutely at their mercy. A friend of mine still doesn't know what rule of the T&C he breached, but he got his account deleted for no comprehensable reason. Whole lotta money dumped for software he can't use anymore...
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 20:54

On one hand, the Big Brother bothers me too, but on the other hand, you can't really escape anymore. Google knows everything.

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Fri 23 Dec 2016 - 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 20:57

Anti-consumerism is the word Wink
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 22:06

Good luck with that.

And if we're at it, you should be off the net then aswell.

:langue:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 23:34

Sure, difficult to live without leaving a trail, except maybe I move into a remote hut in the woods and live as eremit. And not even then I'm sure. And its most certainly impractical (and sometimes excluding) that I always have to rely on someone else remembering and informing me if people make something up, because I refuse to use WhatsApp. Odd thing is, most of my friends even get the point of my refusal, but all they usually come up is: 'but its so convenient!'. Hm, okay.

What I can do though is to keep my eyes open and have considerations which services I use and with what companies. I had contracts with mobile phone providers quicker terminated than signed, as soon as I found out about their business practices. Pin a mobile phone insurance on me and give the insurance company full details of my account and the right to debit the same without my expressed consent? Yeah, right, FU.

Rule of the thumb: is it cheap, or even free, be wary.. Somehow you pay nonetheless Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 23:56

Bit deep, it's Christmas soon :champ:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2016 - 23:57

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Sure, difficult to live without leaving a trail, except maybe I move into a remote hut in the woods and live as eremit. And not even then I'm sure. And its most certainly impractical (and sometimes excluding) that I always have to rely on someone else remembering and informing me if people make something up, because I refuse to use WhatsApp. Odd thing is, most of my friends even get the point of my refusal, but all they usually come up is: 'but its so convenient!'. Hm, okay.

What I can do though is to keep my eyes open and have considerations which services I use and with what companies. I had contracts with mobile phone providers quicker terminated than signed, as soon as I found out about their business practices. Pin a mobile phone insurance on me and give the insurance company full details of my account and the right to debit the same without my expressed consent? Yeah, right, FU.

Rule of the thumb: is it cheap, or even free, be wary.. Somehow you pay nonetheless Smile

I have a pre-pay cell phone with no internet  Smile

And unlike most of the young people nowadays I can live and enjoy my life without internet. During most of the summer I have no internet and funny thing is, I don't miss it at all. I read a lot, I walk, and enjoy life in the nature. There was some time agoa  study about what would happen if all of a sudden internet fell down. The result was: The older people (65+) wouldn't even notice at all, the internediate aged (40-65) would laugh about it and carry on, but the younger ones (<30) would develop heavy anxiety at the very least, and it is very likely that there were even suicides among them Shocked
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 0:00

Even more deep. Started out as a thread about rF2, now we are onto suicide in the under 30's if the Internet disappeared Razz
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 0:02

Well, your 29

Scared? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rFactor 2 discount Empty
PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 discount   rFactor 2 discount Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rFactor 2 discount
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next