Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Empty
PostSubject: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2016 - 15:11

Hey,
I just got a new Acer V223W monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050 and of course I wanted to set rF up for it - first I set it on full-screen mode, 1680x1050 and Widescreen UI, but when rF loads up, it seems as if my monitor doesn't receive any input. It says "Input not supported" on the monitor when rF loads up, so I have to load it up in Windowed Mode.
Is there a way I can put in Fullscreen mode without the monitor being confused?
BTW: The same applies for some other games, like World of Tanks and World of Warships Sad
EDIT #2: That applies for every game, as soon as I click Fullscreen and go anywhere near it's native resolution of 1680*1050, it says "Input not Supported". Also, I'm using a HDMI output from the laptop and a VGA input to the monitor, if that helps in any way
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 17:03

Have you tried to see I the issues remain if you lower the resolution?

Not really my area so i can't help you too much. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 20:23

I'm currently using rFactor on 1440*900 in windowed mode and that works, but it's a bit getting on my nerves because the higher resolution should be better, the same goes for other games, I can run them full screen (or full screen windowed in case of War Thunder) but only with lower resolution than the native of my monitor
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:45

Does your graphics card support that resolution Pascal ? i can run rFactor in 1680x1050
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2016 - 14:04

Steve Parker wrote:
Does your graphics card support that resolution Pascal ? i can run rFactor in 1680x1050
I don't know, where can I look that up?
My laptop has a native resolution of 1366*768 and the graphics card is a nVidia GeForce GT740M. Do I have to look somewhere in the nVidia Control Panel or in GeForce Experience?
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2016 - 14:22

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-740m/specifications

Here is even says on VGA the max resolution is 2048x1536 and the Acer monitor has a VGA input and I'm using a HDMI to VGA adapter because my laptop only has a HDMI output, so I suppose the resolution is supported quite well
Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Unbena11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?   Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got a new monitor.. does it not like my rFactor?
Page 1 of 1