1989 BRDC C2 Championship
This series will be run with the Virtual_LM GTPC
mod for rFactor.
You will also need the latest physics update
, HSO Prototype C Patch 1.1
and HSO Prototype C Patch 1.3Car Selection
The field is divided in two classes featuring 19 different models of cars for a total of 32 available entries.Class A
(20 cars) : ADA 01 (1 car), Alba AR2 (3 cars), Alba AR3 (3 cars), Cougar C12 (1 car), De Cadenet Lola (1 car), Grid S1 (1 car), Peugeot P83B (1 Car), Rondeau M379C (3 cars), Rondeau M382 (1 Car), Sauber SHS C6 (1 car), URD C81 (2 car), URD C81/2 (1 car), URD C82 (1 car)Class B
(12 cars) : Alba AR4 (1 car), Harrier RX83C (1 car), Lola T616 (2 cars), Mazda 727C (3 cars), Mazda 737C (4 cars), Sthemo SM01 (1 car)
Car selection is free. However, admins can refuse a car to a given driver if he is judged too fast for it or if his simracing level is unknown.
Each driver must keep the same car for the duration of the championship. Changing of car will be tolerated under exceptional circumstances only.
A driver missing two races in a row without any explanation on the forum, will have his car freed and made available for someone else to book.Championship Rules
The championship will be run over 7 meetings. Each meeting will feature a single race of 45 to 60 minutes depending on events.
The qualifying or Grand Prix engines upgrades will not be allowed
, whether in practice, qualifying or race session. Drivers breaking this rule will be disqualified from the event.Points System
The first six of each class
will receive the following points : 9-6-4-3-2-1. All the starting cars will be classified and are eligible for points.
There will be one drivers’ championship combining the points from the two classes. All results will count at the end of the season (no dropped scores).Event Schedule
All meetings will be held on Wednesday nights
(all times given as CET)
20:00 – Qualifying
20:50 – Warm-up and drivers’ briefing
21:00 – Race start
Race server password : hso89
Starts will be given flying, after one formation lap.Race Start Procedure
Once the green lights show, this will be the signal for the beginning of our formation lap, which drivers will cover at low speed (around 150 kph / 90 mph). Do not overtake, stay packed, no more than 2 or 3 car lengths between each car. Excessive zigzaging to warm up your tires is not allowed.
After the last turn, cars will keep rolling at reduced speed in the starting grid formation, so remember your side of the grid.
When the leading car will be in sight of the start/finish line, an admin will give the real start of the race by typing "GREEN FLAG" in the chat.
Overtake before crossing the start/finish line is allowed.
Before the green flag, drivers should remain in a grid formation, as shown below :Training Server
A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently. Password : hso89Behaviour on track
A few behaviour rules :
- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.
- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.
- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.
- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.
- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.Application and Interpretation of the Regulations
The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.