Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)

Go down 
+31
Dana Schurer
Michael Drechsler
David Jaques
Petr Hlavac
Konstantin Zubov
Philippe Martinelli
Florkin Marc
Raymond Riddall
Matthias Weber
Miroslav Havlík
Greg Hunt
Roberto Mello
Mick Chapman
Cláudio Augusto
Yves Plaçais
Vincent Beretta
Michal Janak
Martin Lacina
Emmanuel Haas
Gérard Ryon
Alberto Ibañez
Simon Wattman
Raul Jereb
Jan Kowalski
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
Didier Conjeaud
Jonatan Acerclinth
Mike Becnel
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason White
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:07

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 15:41

Jason White wrote:
It's your home race Michael! Go for it :D

Martini #31 then, please Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 17:09

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Jason White wrote:
It's your home race Michael! Go for it :D

Martini #31 then, please Smile

Ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 18:55

not present for this race
and for all the rest of the season pale
The Mac Laren is free :top:

Good race to all of us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 20:28

Did mistakes in the race where I had never made mistakes in practice. The pressure of racing. Short race.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 20:50

The pace was there, but i made a stupid mistake in the infield :drink:. After a long pitstop (110s) i put some good laptimes out of the car, but it the end my damaged rear wing and a bump finished my race. Very disappointing race. Even more because of the long break until Austria GP.

Great coverage :top:

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 21:49

Excellent racing Dana & Jan. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 21:50

Everyone, if you havent seen the race, head to Youtube. The fight between Dana and Jan was the BEST we have seen in the season, respect :chinois: A true classic Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 21:53

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Everyone, if you havent seen the race, head to Youtube. The fight between Dana and Jan was the BEST we have seen in the season, respect :chinois: A true classic Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 3108518133

Great race all around!! Good coverage :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 21:57

Results and points are up   :flag:

ANTHEM

WINNING DRIVER AND CONSTRUCTOR

Last edited by Jason White on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 1:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 21:59

They did have a longer time to go for a good battle than me and Matthias at Paul Ricard :hihi:

But shall be good fun to watch during breakfast tomorrow morning. cheers

Report to come tomorrow evening, too tired now :aie:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 22:52

Well, that race was okay. Not great, but also not all bad all the way, too.

I intended to join the server earlier to do some laps to get a feeling for the car, but the pizza I ordered came a bit later than anticipated. Apparently no one gave the guy paddock access... lol! Joking aside, I joined in the middle of qualifying and had to go out there cold, and at first, the car felt horribly slippery. But the second attempt was already okay, and with some setup adjustments, I was almost able to shave off nearly a second of my personal best. It would probably have been more than a second, if I didn't spun out on my last attempt, but okay.

Then I made a major mistake and applied the changes that made my car handle better in qualifying to my race setup I developed during the week. I did not have a lot of time for testing this week, so I thought it feels better and gives me more control, that should do it. Well, it worked. At least until lap 5, when I lost control in the Motodrom for the first time. Before that, I had a pretty nice start, had some fun fights and the car felt really good. But from that point on, the car was difficult to handle in the Motodrom. The fact my fastest lap was set in lap 13 says it all. I suppose i had too much pressure in the front tires. So I tried to finish and not to stand in the way of the cars lapping me, which mostly worked, I hope.

I had a bit of a scary moment later in the race, as I spun out in the first chicane at some point, and ended up with the floor on the curb. It took me a while to get the car off the curb again and go back to racing. I was able to get a lucky 11th place in the final lap.

Well, let's file this weekend and go on to the next. Congrats to podium and all finishers. I sure had some fun for a while this time around! Smile
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 23:17

It's been a long week, I think my mechanics will want payment for the overtime I made them do. Before the race the car's odometer showed a figure well North of 2000 km, which is about 300 laps. I'll probably have nightmares of this place for a weeks. :D

On Monday I was lapping in 1.55, and it felt fast. Then I started working on the setup, gained a few seconds. Then I got help from a few people to go faster, much faster. Peter Hlavac showed me I was a still 1,5 seconds off the pace of that car's true potential, but a 1.49.3 was enough for me though.

So, qualifying... And I didn't manage better than 1.50.2, nearly a second slower than what I should have done and what would have placed me 14th instead of 17th. A slightly disappointing performance for me, but Keke Rosberg qualified that car in 19th in 1978 so at least it was historically more or less accurate.

The started scared me. The only way I got the Wolf off the line was rev the nuts off it and bog down in 2nd gear, so that would be the plan. I don't know how I managed, but by the first chicane I was in 8th or 9th place. Needless to stay I was every pleased with that.

Of course that meant I was surrounded by people who could lap a lot faster than me, and I quickly lost a few places. I didn't put up a fight, knowing I couldn't keep them behind me for 45 laps. I got away very lucky when Simon Wattman overtook me and I completely misjudged my braking for the second chicane. It was either the Brabham's back end or the grass. I obviously went for the grass so I'd ruin one car and not two. A quick move to the right, launched it on a kerb, spun around in the air and while waiting for the sound of a smash into the barriers... nothing! It just landed and planted itself into the grass undamaged. A 180° spin back and I could continue to give chase to the Brabhams again, now in 11th.

Then Simon appeared to make an off track excursion and I went up to 9th, chasing his teammate Jason, with Jonatan's BF McLaren close behind. Jonatan overtook the both of us, upon which Jason mowed the lawn at the first chicane and eliminated himself from the battle.

I then made a big mistake of taking it too easily, let the gap with Jonatan grow to 6 seconds and I never recovered. How hard I tried, revving way beyond what should be done to make the DFV last for 45 laps, getting everything out of that car (well, in my own way, because Jan Titz in the other Wolf lapped 3 seconds quicker than me. :D ), he just upped the pace and went as fast as me. Meanwhile once of the cars in front had retired so we were now in 7th and 8th. I didn't want to take more risks for a non-points finishing position so I slowed down and cruised to the finish, with half a minute gap both to the car in front and the one behind, and making sure I got out of the way of those lapping me.

8th place is a satisfactory result for me. I never liked this track, I'm happier at Zeltweg and that's next. I hope mr Yip will give me the seat again for that race, but I'm open to other offers. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 23:49

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
They did have a longer time to go for a good battle than me and Matthias at Paul Ricard :hihi:

:jp:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 1:12

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1142
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 1:18

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 9:23

I cheated in two ways yesterday.

First, I was given an anniversary gift by my girlfriend - two 10 mins sessions in a go-kart. I learnt the track in a few laps, finished my stint with an "on-par" laptime and the second stint was as consistent as it gets, all 16 laps within 0,6s difference = confidence boosted :conduit:

I went straight to quali at Hockenheim. I qualified as expected (bottom of top 10) and joined the starting grid. The second "cheat" is the status bar of engine lifetime, or rather percentage. There were only 25% left at the start. Without this information, i would never make it to the finish and i knew it will be a miracle if i see the chequered flag, anyway.

I started quite well and improved from P9 to P4 by the end of the first lap. Poor starts by Lotus guys helped a lot (seriously, what's up with getting the Lotuses going?). If my engine had more life in it, i could have fought Jan. Unfortunately, i had to shift very early, so i settled down and just focused on bringing my car home. It wasn't easy, though. Jan spun, i moved to P3 and got under pressure from Dana. Trying to hold off her Lotus and not being able to push at the same time wasn't a nice experience. The more i lost on the straights, the more i had to push in chicanes and at the Stadium. Fortunately for me, she kept making small mistakes here and there so she never got close enough to attack. Instead, she got into fight with Jan, which was what i was hoping for, honestly (watching the excellent coverage now, their fight is about to start soon :top: ). Also, i could finally push hard for the last 10 laps, as i saved the engine enough until that point. I just managed the gap and brought the car home on 3rd, which was more than i could wish for.

Great job Richard & Greg!

Looking forward to Oesterreichring, one of my favorites. On the other hand, my Williams should be totally overshadowed by Ground effect cars there. We'll see.

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:06

Indeed Alberto, it was a very nice breathless fight. Grats to offer that show, Jan and Dana. :clap:
Grats to the podium and all participants. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 10:12

Quote :
I was given an anniversary gift by my girlfriend - two 10 mins sessions in a go-kart.

Quick, marry her, don't let such a girl escape. She's a long term investment lol!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 11:30

Unless she was hoping for a romantic evening, and hoped you'd have had enough racing for a day after the kart session. lol!
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 11:32

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Looking forward to Oesterreichring, one of my favorites. On the other hand, my Williams should be totally overshadowed by Ground effect cars there. We'll see.

I just read this. Is there actually a list (or a readme) of which cars have ground effects and which don't? Or another way to spot the difference without driving them?
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 12:35

Juha Bos wrote:
I just read this. Is there actually a list (or a readme) of which cars have ground effects and which don't? Or another way to spot the difference without driving them?

There's some document, for sure. But it's easy to distinguish these two types of cars.

Non-ground effect: Sidepods are getting wider towards the rear of the car, it looks slim and aerodynamic,  like an arrow if you look at it from above. Sadly, no ground effect means less stability, need to add more wings to reach similar level of grip as GE cars = slower on straights and you won't get such kind of grip anyway Wink

Ground effect cars: You can clearly see that sidepods are large and boxy, same width from front wheels to the rear and there's a skirt touching the ground (it works like inverted airplane wing, pushes the car down, instead of up into air). It's a huge advantage in fast corners, as the car is sucked to the ground, cornering speeds are much higher (I was losing up to 0,5s to Dana's Lotus in the Ostkurve alone), stability and drivability is significantly better and you need less wings which makes you even faster on straights. I believe that Oesterreichring and Zandvoort will be perfect examples of Ground Effect total dominance.

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 14:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 13:55

Only benefit for the non ground effect cars is they are a lot kinder to their tires, the ground effect cars put massive pressure on the tires and they overheat very easily.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 16:52

Et encore un départ raté :grrr: Frustré de ne pas avoir pu participé a la course.Bon j'ai 2 mois pour régler ce problème de départ.
Bravo Richard. :first:
Back to top Go down
Konstantin Zubov
Rookie
Konstantin Zubov

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 17:59

Juha Bos wrote:

I set up a front spoiler 5, 8 back. Qualifying time shown exclusively at the expense of settings. The best results are obtained when I set the differential for my driving style.

Race liked from the beginning.) On the first lap it was quite scary and I do not fit into the rotation.
I use soft tires and on lap 41 the car had become unmanageable, had to make a pit stop and lost a few positions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)   Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 11 - Hockenheim (Jun 19th)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next