Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)

Go down 
+27
Tyler Greene
Trevor Greene
Oyvind Andersen
Jan Kowalski
Ludovic Tiengou
Jonatan Acerclinth
Raul Jereb
Jukka Närhi
Lee Simpson
Peter Blom
Petr Hlavac
James Knowles
Alberto Ibañez
Scott Urick
Pascal Mikula
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
David Sabre
Michal Janak
Juha Bos
Bob Holada
Michael Drechsler
Richard Coxon
Jacob Fredriksson
Bob Wilson
Dana Schurer
Jason White
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:56

That's a bad idea. My Trenton setup was sh... not good Wink
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jun 2016 - 20:25

Bob Wilson wrote:
Bob Wilson wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I am certain Jason White might be able to help you out with the setup/driving side of things Bob, he helped me quite a bit with improving at Oval driving (I'm still not fast but at least consistent). 

I would also ask the advice of people running similar equipment Wink

I have a setup for the #34 Eagle for Milwaukee.  I can email it to you.

I got Bob's email address...I sent three setups to him.  Should be good baseline for him. Very Happy

Thanks for the setups Bob. I was even able to load an access them with out crying for help.

From here I think I just need more seat time.
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jun 2016 - 23:37

BoB Holada wrote:
Bob Wilson wrote:
Bob Wilson wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I am certain Jason White might be able to help you out with the setup/driving side of things Bob, he helped me quite a bit with improving at Oval driving (I'm still not fast but at least consistent). 

I would also ask the advice of people running similar equipment Wink

I have a setup for the #34 Eagle for Milwaukee.  I can email it to you.

I got Bob's email address...I sent three setups to him.  Should be good baseline for him. Very Happy

Thanks for the setups Bob.  I was even able to load an access them with out crying for help.

From here I think I just need more seat time.

Glad to hear that...Practice and get comfortable with your car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2016 - 18:14

Please Jason

#24 Steve Krisiloff | Kingfish 73-Offy FI

:D
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2016 - 18:15

James Knowles wrote:
Please Jason

#24 Steve Krisiloff |  Kingfish 73-Offy FI

:D

Ok
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2016 - 23:20

We are issuing this broadcast patch for Sunday's race; it corrects issues with the dark race groove we have been seeing during practice; this patch will make the broadcast image look better.  It is not a mandatory patch for the drivers, but we are making it available to everyone Wink  It will cause no mismatches online.

--> DOWNLOAD BROADCAST PATCH <--
Back to top Go down
Trevor Greene
Rookie

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 4:08

Im in
Back to top Go down
Tyler Greene
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 4:08

In! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 12:35

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
But I believe at least Ludo should be happy here, as this track will suit his Chevy Eagle quite well Smile

Well I'm not in fact. Got a serious issue with a very touchy car in corner exit. My Trenton set has the same issue and I never found the solution. Bis repetita here scratch. I'm in high 27 and I'm pretty sure I could be in low 27. But I don't understand where the problems are (well a part is between the seat and the wheel). Whatever thing i touch on the set I don't see any improvment.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 12:41

Reduce stagger, increase rear camber and add some rear rebound.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 13:51

Thanks Alberto:chinois: .
But I was wrong about the issue with the car. Don't remember who said that on oval it's easy to confound over and understeering. That's what I've done. I was trying to correct oversteering on exit. But in fact it was a bit of understeering all along the corner. To correct it I was pulling at the wheel which then induced a huge oversteering on exit. :doh: So everything I was doing to correct was in fact the very same thing NOT to do :grrr: .

Done some change then. I was able to drive in 27.457 to a best 27.782 before. Not a great improvment in time but the car became much more easy to handle. Now I've to learn the track and to improve a bit the set.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 14:21

Quote :
Don't remember who said that on oval it's easy to confound over and understeering

I think that was me Wink When you charge into a corner too fast, the front tires slide and you tend to turn even more to the left to compensate. But then, when you have lost enough speed, the tires grip again, and find themselves pointing a lot into the corner - so you get instant oversteer.

The trick to a quick lap here is to setup the car with good traction and some understeer. You have to be very precise with the speed when entering the corner, what you want is that all around the central part of the turn the car is somehow "leaning on the front" pushing it mildly but not losing trajectory. It's as if you are on a rubber cushion at the front, if you go too slow you are not hovering on it, if you go to quick you slide one lane to the right. Then at turn exit you straighten the wheel quickly and add gas, exiting on a less curved path. Use references on the wall not just to brake but also to apply full throttle. It is very important that you have them and balance the full throttle around the marked point depending on what your car admits.
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 14:22

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Reduce stagger, increase rear camber and add some rear rebound.

Left & Right Rear, or just Right Rear?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 14:23

All around, but bearing in mind that you should already have more on the left side.
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 15:24

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
All around, but bearing in mind that you should already have more on the left side.

Thank you Alberto...my car is much more stable exiting the turns now...I won't break any speed records, but if I can get this Mongoose to finish...that would be a win for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 19:47

I can't drive for shit here, the car's all over the place no matter what I do Sad
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 20:27

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
I can't drive for shit here, the car's all over the place no matter what I do Sad

I'd get with some of the other Eagle 72 Offy drivers and see if they'll share a set.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 21:12

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

Ive put a setup on hso/setups... I forgot to state its Eagle72/Offy...
Im not the setup doctor, but Its most stable I managed to go, even though, I did not practiced a lot due to free time disaster lately...
At least itll be a example of what to avoid study study study study

please feedback me with improvements....
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2016 - 22:23

Hey, thanks for all the help with the setup guys, will give 'em a go tomorrow :hello:
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 4:24

Will Time Trials be on Youtube channel, or just the race?? Race at 2:00 p.m. CDT?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 4:28

Bob Wilson wrote:
Will Time Trials be on Youtube channel, or just the race??  Race at 2:00 p.m. CDT?

Broadcast will likely start at race time
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 13:31

hmmm today can't get under 27,15 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 13:42

Michal Janak wrote:
hmmm today can't get under 27,15 Rolling Eyes
I seem to get the same thing, the faster I try and go the slower my laptimes. scratch
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 14:37

This is just a wild guess, but could it be the track temp related to time of day on the server?
Back to top Go down
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2016 - 16:26

Alberto emailed me a SVM file and I can't get it to show up in my track folder??? Am I doing something wrong? I can open it with note pad...I copied most of the data on the SVM file onto a default setup, but something is not right...any suggestions/ Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)   Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Milwaukee (Jun 12th)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next