Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)

Go down 
+28
Simon Wattman
David Jaques
François Remmen
Petr Hlavac
Mick Chapman
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
Richard Wilks
Miroslav Havlík
Didier Conjeaud
Vincent Beretta
Greg Hunt
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Martin Lacina
Jan Kowalski
Mike Becnel
Matt Geddes
Jacob Fredriksson
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
Emmanuel Haas
Raul Jereb
Pascal Mikula
Michal Janak
Jonatan Acerclinth
Dana Schurer
Jason White
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 22:49

Very sorry Miroslav for going wide into you......I totally overestimated the downforce with no front wing.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 22:56

Results up, points to follow.

ANTHEMS 

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 23:28

Points are up
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 2:44

well that was a quick dose of character building! It was fun to chase Emannuel and the rest of the back of the field until I went high to let a speedy car by and the ATS decided it was character lesson time.
Back to top Go down
Miroslav Havlík
Club Driver

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2016-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 5:32

Mick Chapman wrote:
Very sorry Miroslav for going wide into you......I totally overestimated the downforce  with no front wing.
Nothing happened
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 8:35

When i was leaving Nurnberg with 500km to go, the ETA to Brno was long after the planned start at Brands. Amazingly, the Autobahn was pretty much empty, so i could push way over 200kmh most of the time. It cost me some money, as my old BMW slurps a lot of fuel at 200+, but YES! I was at home at 8:55pm Cool

When i joined, there were some 7 minutes of qualifying left and i made it to P9. This was a key moment, as some cars fell asleep at the start, i moved to P6 immediately and passed Dana for 5th half a lap later at Surtees. This gave me a decent starting position into the race.

Actually, the first 60% of the race was a lonely ride for me, as i tried to manage tyres and not to lose too much ground at the same time. Then finally i got in touch with Vincent. His car was obviously faster in quick corners. Which is a little problem, as Brands IS one looong fast corner  Very Happy  But after a few laps under pressure, he made some small mistakes and i passed him at Hawthorn's.

And then there was Jan. As i don't have a teammate, Jan has been the benchmark for me. He's the only non-ground-effect car able to fight for podium. And for me, beating Jan feels just like winning the race. I managed to close the gap, but both cars were worn down. I pushed as hard as i could and my time came in the very last lap. It was very close at Paddock Hill, i could see that Jan is in huge trouble with his tyres. He decided to protect the inside into Druids. It was all or nothing, so i took the outside line in an attempt to drive around him and take the inside into Graham Hill's. But things turned out differently. As i saw him drifting wide out off Druids, i did an "over and under", found some grip under acceleration and finished the pass around the outside of the banked Graham Hill's corner.

This was one of the most satisfactory battles in recent history. Also, podium is a nice change after the unfortunate non-points finish at Paul Ricard. I love these races so much!

Grats to all finishers. See you next time

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 6 Jun 2016 - 13:27; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 9:12

Petr Hlavac wrote:
He's the only non-ground-effect car able to fight for podium.

:hello:

It was a tough race for me. Even with a car that was set for understeer i had problems with a lose rear. Less than at Paul Ricard, but it was there. I had a good start and was capable to follow Vincent and Gerard in the beginning. The race went well and i was third until the fight with Petr at the end. My tyres were down at the rear, the last two laps were too much for them, so it was really close on the final lap. I had to defend the inside line when we went down the hill to turn 2. In cockpit i thought it was too cautious but in replay i saw that it was necessary. So we got around the turn and i had to defend the inside line again. Perhaps i should have take it more to the right, but i didnt thought Petr has so much grip on the outside. So well done :clap: Next time the Tyrrell will be wider :langue:

Congrats to podium and all finishers :champ: I´m happy with 4 consecutive point finishes after changing to Tyrrell. Hopefully there will be the one opportunity to climp on the top spot this season. :conduit:

Great broadcast by the commentors Laughing

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Mon 6 Jun 2016 - 10:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 10:05

great broadcast :clap: / commentator on top :top: well done guys

course sympa avec Gerard Wink

well done all finishers

:first: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 10:23

Watching the excellent TV coverage. Awesome job, you're raising the bar with each race :top: And thanks for all the praise for the "Czech invasion" :clap:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 10:43

It's not hard with all the action you guys (and gal) provide at the track  :top: 

It was a great race to watch :clap: and we almost believed Greg was going to concede to Gerard, but no :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 17:24

Pour une course qui fini mal pour moi, je m'y suis très bien amusé... Pendant 45 tours seulement, c'est dommage  Rolling Eyes

Départ très bien raté... Ce qui m'a donné le plaisir de remonter de la 12ème à la 6ème place avant de faire une faute fatale à la sortie de l'épingle alors qu'il ne restait plus qu'un tiers de course à parcourir...  Sad  

Très belles bagarres, surtout avec Mick mon coéquipier et Dana qui est vraiment une coriace, merci à tous les deux  :top:  

Bravo à Greg et au podium  :top:  à tous les participants et grand merci en plus pour le reportage vidéo  :top:  :top:
Back to top Go down
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 17:34

Au Paul Ricard je me suis fais sortir au 1er virage du 1er tour.

Ici, j'ai presque bouclé deux tours avant de me faire envoyer dans le rail et de devoir abandonner...belle progression !

Le positif c'est que je ne me ferais pas sortir une troisième fois à Hockenheim.......puisque je serais absent pour cette course.

RDV en Septembre donc avec un rêve: ne pas me faire cartonner à chaque fois.

Bravo au podium, à tous les finisseurs, à la superbe organisation et à nos commentateurs :top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 17:59

That was a very difficult event :smil20:

I didn't have much time to practice (We've got about 40 kubiks of Wood to cut and splinter to stock for the winter) so most of the week I've been outside fixing with that, and picked up a sunburn at the same time making the event a bit harder still :doh:

Managed, in final practice, to get the rear end somewhat settled, it had been very unstable with me ending up sideways immediately but a couple of slight changes (that I didn't think about until I had nothing else to try) helped it, it was still very nervous, which could be seen when I had David behind me and the broadcast was following the fight, but it was at least predictable compared to previously. pale

Simply put, after I wrote a little bit with Matt, the McLaren was not the chassis to have for this event... :aie:

Qualifying went underway and I spent some time double checking that the change had worked for the race and then went onto softs and about a quarter of a tank and went out to try to set a resonable time. This I was able to do, was all over the place with the softs overheating like crazy but a 25 time was my reward for sticking with it :champ:

Race time and my start was.... well.... not satisfactory but I managed to climb from my 11th place start to 8th or 9th by Turn1 with others struggling even more. That start grid is very awkward with the leaning and everything so I was not surprised that some struggled to get away.

Took it very gently in the early laps and was surprised to be keeping up with the fastest cars but as they found pace I was allready at my max pace high 28's and 29's so I dropped a few tenths every lap. Then came Phillipe and as I knew he was a lot faster than me I decided to let him by as it would have hurt me more to try to defend with the car as it was and the fact that I was still in the top 10 with that :smil20:

Managed to keep up somewhat with Phillipe after he went by and then David Jaques made a misstake (I pressume) as he slipped back to between me and the Arrows Duo. A while later, I think he made another misstake and so I was able to sneak past and then Mick was off as well out of Graham Hill Bend Surprised

Settled into the ride as I knew I would be unable to catch the fella's ahead (with 6 of them being Ground Effect cars and one being Jan who clearly drove the wheels off that Tyrrell) and concentrated on being consistent, saving a tiny bit of fuel and tires.
Had a short half-fight with David when he found his pace again but he was never able to get close enough, partly due to what Jason and Richard said with the downforce and I was working hard on getting the power down well out of the slow turns so he would need to be brave to get by in the braking zones...

After David went off I didn't have much action, thought for a few laps that I could possibly catch Dana when I gained a couple of seconds over about 5 laps but then a botched lapping by me (missjudged the loss of downforce when trying to lap Michal and I almost ended up in the same wall as Matt, thankfully the car went 200 degrees around and I could roll alongside the barrier affraid ) and otherwhise the only struggle of the last half of the race was the lack of a chance to relax, the car was at least ending up the way I wanted it to become with the setup I made, more understeery on entry and neutral-ish out of the turns, the car was a bit too loose but managable.

Slightly dissapointed to not have scored a point but really pleased with a 2nd 7th place in as many races, I'm looking posstively on the future in the series, especially when I, if I understood the 78 season properly, get my hands back on the M23 Very Happy

Cheers and thanks for the event!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun 2016 - 21:50

Je suis entrain de me prendre l'engueulade du siecle par Greg... Putain, ca chauffe. :D
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:12

Et encore un départ raté,malgré ma super pôle.16ème tours,je passe Vincent,chaud le dépassement.Puis une remontée inespérée sur Greg. :yaa: 7 tours de la fin,je heurte la voiture de Michal,manœuvre bizarre de sa part. :smil20: Dégats a l'avant droit,mais je parviens a réaliser dans le dernier tour,le meilleur tour de la course.Merçi Didier,pour ton réglage. :top:
Bravo Greg. :first:
Retransmission en direct. :chinois:
Alberto wrote:
It was a great race to Watch and we almost believed Greg was going to concede to Gerard, but no
My handicap, I have not thirty. :papy: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Brands10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)   Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Brands Hatch (Jun 5th)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4