Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeFri 6 May 2016 - 17:51

Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter 728_x_10

Hello fellow car nuts and simracing game fans,

Do you find yourself sitting in traffic wishing there was some way you could get people to move out of your way? Ever been cut off and dreamed of blowing the scum that cut you off into little bits? Do you like the idea of cars with BIG guns? Well you are going to like Battle Roads Miniatures.

Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter 300_x_10

Battle Roads Miniatures is a car vs car combat board game set in a post apocalyptic world in which society is rebuilding from the ashes of a massive plague and nuclear war. The nuclear war was a result of opposing governments blaming each other for causing the plague. In a nutshell, Battle Roads Miniatures is a miniatures based game where cars with big guns try to blow each other off the roads.

Please have a look at the Kickstarter I just launched about an hour ago. I can use your support and the game will ship worldwide.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1773251065/battle-roads-miniatures-by-mike-becnel-games

Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter 300_x_11
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeFri 6 May 2016 - 20:22

Remind me of the old but excellent Car Wars
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeFri 6 May 2016 - 20:36

Watch out for Version 6 of Car Wars soon. I got to playtest it last year in November. The basic game was solid but needed more work. I met Scott Harrington who is making version 6 back in the late 80s when he played in a Car Wars game I ran at Warcon in College Station, TX. The publisher of Car Wars, Steve Jackson Games is located not too far from me in Austin, TX.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2016 - 11:27

For those on the fence (and there are a lot of those it seems):

Excellent positive review by one of the Industry's more respected reviewers named Lance Myxter, aka the Undead Viking.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2016 - 13:18

This is great news Mike!!
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2016 - 16:34

Congratulations Mike, top job it seems Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2016 - 0:37

still moving slow. I believe I guessed wrong that pre painted minis would be the best choice. Cost can be drastically reduced with unpainted minis. My chosen top vendor may be a tad too expensive and more suited to a higher volume game. We shall see. I will relaunch it at least once if needed but not until I have production samples of minis first.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2016 - 8:17

I know almost nothing about the board game world, but I believe the games that have a cheap starter set and allow you upgrading later to infinitum in quantity and quality tend to be quite succesful (The Star wars spaceships one you already have, Warcraft, etc).

Also, no offence intended, but have you considered making a version for Android? I suspect this is the kind of game that can easily become addictive on a small screen Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2016 - 9:44

Two good points!

1: I am working on a much lower cost version of the game with and without miniatures. One or the other is going to get published with or without kickstarter. Without paint and with lower cost components the price will be less than half. The non mini version with unpunched counters/etc is super inexpensive.

2: I looked into an iOS and Android ap. EXPENSIVE. $25,000 per version and I know the programmer. Total crapshoot! BUT, it is an option if BRM kicks off well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter   Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Roads Miniatures on Kickstarter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Paddock-
Jump to: