Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)

Go down 
+22
Florkin Marc
Jan Titz
Philippe Martinelli
Pascal Le pihive
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Dylan Canton
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Pascal Mikula
Matthias Weber
James Knowles
Cláudio Augusto
Dave Simmons
Michael Drechsler
Mike Becnel
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Richard Coxon
Jason Fitch
Jason White
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 22:03

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I have no idea how it happened, sorry for the inconvenience!

It's ok.   :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 22:29

Points are up.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 22:39

Off topic: What an awesome Indycar race at Barber's! It will be on youtube tomorrow, worth every second Wink
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 22:48

Richard, very sorry for the tap-and thanks for the great set.

I was trying to pass Jan on the inside, and simply couldn't get the speed down.

Next time I'll break earlier....very sorry
Back to top Go down
Cláudio Augusto
Club Driver

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2016 - 23:10

i don't know if i choose a bad place to make an overtake, but in the end, Florkin touches me and i caught up into the tire barriers. Sorry if i fumbled someone on the start, but i tried to be many cautious as possible.

Anyway, congrats everybody, see you on the next race :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 1:46

Wow....This track and the 936 were totally unsuited for each other. I had a decent start, I did trade paint, I think with someone in the Nordkurve on one of the opening laps. Spun in the Hairpin a couple of times. Somewhere around Lap 10, Gerard was passing me on the main straight, however he moved over on me WAYY before he had even come close to clearing me, I got jumped on the brakes, to keep from hitting him, however by that point we were at the Hairpin braking zone and I was locked up and and trying desperately to unlock the tires when I hit him from the back and turned him. He lost 2nd place to Jose for a bit because of it, I'm sorry Gerard, but you gotta pay attention when you're passing slower cars.

I finally bit it on lap 18 or something, I caught the first curb for the chicane to hard it pitched me sideways and I went all General Lee over one of the ADAC bails, I did land upright, which is better then most I'd seen hitting them. But as soon as I landed the car lurched left and I hit the wall hard enough to blow up the engine.

Honestly, I was kinda glad when it happened, this race was just insane. Big Kudos to Ray for finishing in the other 936.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 4:23

i think i saw your flight there Jason. Nobody was near me so i slammed on the brakes and did my best rubber necker impersonation looking at the carnage.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 5:39

And once again, Richard and Jason, a f*#@in great coverage!!! I thought the race was exciting, but your coverage is multyplied by 100!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 5:43

Great broadcast Richard and Jason. Busiest i have seen the commentators this season!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 5:46

Mike Becnel wrote:
Great broadcast Richard and Jason. Busiest i have seen the commentators this season!

Thank you Mike and Raul.

I catalogued all my "oh no" moments in the first comment on the vid bounce affraid
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 8:46

Mike Becnel wrote:

Yeah amazing coverage, impossible to look after all the action on track, but you showed us a lot. :top:

Perhaps Richard can pump up its microphone volume a bit next time, to match Jason :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 9:12

Nobody can match ""Oh, noooo!!!!" Jason". Not even the Spinal Tap at "11"!!!

Last edited by Raul Jereb on Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 9:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 9:15

I apologize for not showing up... been a bad week and missed both this and CIS... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 9:22

Raul Jereb wrote:

:rigol: :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:17

Raul Jereb wrote:

i think we need to Trademark that saying as a sound bite. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:38

Incorporate it into an intro for the livestreams..
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:40

Mike Becnel wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:

"Oh, nooooooo!!!"®️
Oh, nooooo!™️
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:45

Since we are po ass beyatches we will go with TM since R costs a LOT of money that needs to pay for the servers. I recently wrote a fat check to register my trademark "Battle Roads Miniatures". I cried a tad when that check went out Sad
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:48

There will need to be an "oh no" highlight reel at the end of the season with yakety sax as background music
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 14:37

appropriate song would be "Sheer Heart Attack"
cause thats what you  almost get when you start to scream the "oh no" , goodness and all that stuff :D

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 14:44

Mike Becnel wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:

It's slowly becoming a signature phrase, something like Murray Walker's "This is iiiiiin-credible!" :D
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 15:59

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Wow great... Not even a bad race, I like the car in combination with the track but lap 7 got me AGAIN! What's it about getting lapped in the Nordkurve? Like, can't you guys wait for the start-finish straight? Thanks whoever tried to lap me, my engine died when you hit my back!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Je ne comprends pas très bien là... Selon toi c'est moi qui fais une erreur ou une faute car je n'attend pas la ligne droite pour te dépasser... Je réve...

Le drapeau bleu ne signifie donc rien pour toi? Tu te rabats sur moi au moment où je vais te dépasser, il faut arrêter de plaisanter là.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 16:10

Philippe Martinelli wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:
Wow great... Not even a bad race, I like the car in combination with the track but lap 7 got me AGAIN! What's it about getting lapped in the Nordkurve? Like, can't you guys wait for the start-finish straight? Thanks whoever tried to lap me, my engine died when you hit my back!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Je ne comprends pas très bien là... Selon toi c'est moi qui fais une erreur ou une faute car je n'attend pas la ligne droite pour te dépasser... Je réve...  

Le drapeau bleu ne signifie donc rien pour toi? Tu te rabats sur moi au moment où je vais te dépasser, il faut arrêter de plaisanter là.

Your translation is correct Philippe. In the post race discussions by the admins not participating in the race they basically credited the issue to the horrible physics of the DeCadenet which Pascal was driving. I had that car for about 12 hours early in the series if you recall. I could not finish even 1 practice lap without some sort of mistake or incident. It is a horridly unstable car but it is fast so it is addictive to some.

I would say it was 75% Decadenet and 25% driver (edited). Pascal, you were not innocent here. I was very relieved to see you retire as you were HORRIBLE in qualifying.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Mon 25 Apr 2016 - 16:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 16:19

"Horrible en qualif" c'est de l'humour ou j'ai fais quelque chose de mal...?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 16:26

Philippe Martinelli wrote:
"Horrible en qualif" c'est de l'humour ou j'ai fais quelque chose de mal...?

Not you!! HIM (Pascal)!!!!! The guy who took you out!! I was relieved when Pascal retired. I was unhappy to see you retired as we were having a great battle. Your launch out of turn 1 on the outside was flawless. I could not match you on the inside. I planned to pass you in the final turn before the main straightaway. When we caught Pascal you will notice I backed off. Had I not both of us would have been taken out in the accident he caused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)   Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Avus (Apr 24th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next