Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)

Go down 
+36
David Sabre
Martin Lacina
Pascal Le pihive
Roman Koranda
Yves Plaçais
Jean-Marie Placais
Alberto Ibañez
David Jaques
Florkin Marc
François Remmen
Jan Titz
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Mick Chapman
Vincent Beretta
Gérard Ryon
Raymond Riddall
Jason Fitch
Petr Hlavac
Mike Becnel
Michal Janak
Didier Conjeaud
Steve Parker
David Jundt
Miroslav Havlík
Richard Coxon
Raul Jereb
Dana Schurer
Martin Audran
Peter Blom
Jacob Fredriksson
Jonatan Acerclinth
Emmanuel Haas
Jan Kowalski
Emil Gersak
Jason White
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-01-20

Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 18:29

I hope that in qualifying so of course in a race you do not use lowest cooling since ride for smoking car is not pleasant. Is a dangerous. It's not fair to others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCscT6wQROnstutlBDDh6GYw
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 18:42

Peter Blom wrote:
#39 Danny Ongais is free again. I encountered problems with my pedals. There is still some dust interferring with the pedal sensors which costs me 10 km/h topspeed.... :grrr:

I might invest in new gear soon and come back.

bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 19:28

Jason White wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:
#39 Danny Ongais is free again. I encountered problems with my pedals. There is still some dust interferring with the pedal sensors which costs me 10 km/h topspeed.... :grrr:

bump
I'll take it. :conduit:

No practice, no testing :yaa:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 19:53

David Sabre wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Peter Blom wrote:

bump
I'll take it. :conduit:

No practice, no testing :yaa:

:top:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 19:59

The broadcast start around 8:50.
Youtube HSO Channel
Back to top Go down
Jean-Marie Placais
Club Driver
Jean-Marie Placais

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 20:02

Hi everyone

I couldn't race tonight, my car is free for this race.

Have fun!!

Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 20:29

Jean-Marie Placais wrote:

I would like that car for this race if possible Smile :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 20:32

Simon Wattman wrote:
Jean-Marie Placais wrote:

I would like that car for this race if possible Smile :conduit:

:top:
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 21:50

by the repeating of the starts i finaly took wrong setup pale and the crap was badly driveable, hard to steer to corners
Back to top Go down
Roman Koranda
Club Driver
Roman Koranda

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 22:47

Great fun, I had a fight with Jan Kowalski Smile ,
But I made a mistake and had a collision with the barriers. That was the end of the race.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:04

something i dont understand scratch
Why my rear tyres HARD COMPOUND were destroyed  only after 40 laps affraid 8% at this time
The same situation to Kyalami scratch
I was 9th in the middle of the race :top:  ......too far after a pit to change tyres lol!

There is Only two sort of tires ? that's it?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:32

Nice of you to lap me then swing right in front of me and jam on the brakes Greg. I had nowhere to go. You made a mistake and got lucky I did not puncture your tire. That was your fault. I had already lifted and you had a clean line into the next turn. I always let the leaders go and never fight or block them, Then you drop your comment and log off. Nice. Bravo sir on the win. Your chat in race was uncharacteristic.

Francois I broke the rear end away trying like mad to stay in front of you. Sorry I slid into you. Was stopping to give up the position when i saw you had hit the wall. Sorry for the damage. Sucks, that was an excellent fight. I had you dead to rights in the slow areas and your Ferrari owned me in the fast sections. You should not have chatted afterwards. You beat me anyway as I, as expected, popped a wall and lost a wing.

I got cut right the heck off when i was on my new tires. Did not notice who it was. I think you did not see me. No biggy, lost front wing but race was over anyway.

God am I glad that is over.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:34

Guys, let's not try and convict people in the forum. If you have a complaint about someone's driving, PM me. Results are up in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:44

:third:
A great result with the final race of the shitbox! Very glad of the first part of the season, two podiums were much better results than what I had imagined. This one was extra hard. The rear tyres were down on red after half the race, and the last 10 was downright scary. But I kept out of trouble, and could nurse the car home. Congratulations to all survivors!

The next few races will be very interesting. The ATS team will have a new car in Monaco, which I think will makes us more competitive. Then the Lotus 79 will arrive in Belgium. Can Gerard make the most of that? Can Greg keep up his form in the Shadow? Can Petr and Richard keep their cars competitive? Intriguing season this...
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:46

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
The next few races will be very interesting. The ATS team will have a new car in Monaco, which I think will makes us more competitive.

No it wont. It is just as much of a dog as the current in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:47

Richard Coxon wrote:
Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
The next few races will be very interesting. The ATS team will have a new car in Monaco, which I think will makes us more competitive.

No it wont. It is just as much of a dog as the current in my opinion.

When I did some testing at Dijon before the season began, the new car was about a second faster. I'm optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:49

Roman Koranda wrote:
Great fun, I had a fight with Jan Kowalski Smile ,
But I made a mistake and had a collision with the barriers. That was the end of the race.

:clap: it was a very though fight. You made a really good job on defending your position. When your collision happened i thought at the first moment that i gave you not enough room because i was sliding too to get the right hand corner.

@David Sabre Sry for my move on Lap 14 :doh:

Congrats to all finishing people and of course to podium man :third:  Mr. Jacob for the ATS team. Btw thanks for the great setup. If i hadn´t spun three times at the beginning to get last place, there would have been more possible :champ:

Q: I had some problems with lags ingame so it ended 22th on the grid for me.
Race: My start was good but i hadnt a good day and were on last place after the first laps. Then i had some great fights with Jason and Roman. In this tough race my pace was not bad so i managed to get some places and finished 9th in the end.

Monaco calling :yaa: (1-2 ATS ;D)

Last edited by Jan Kowalski on Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 0:00; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:49

Driving a Shadow DN9 this time. Qualified 20th and made a good start, the car felt ok and I was sure that I was faster than the cars around me but got stuck behind a M26 for a few laps (I think that I was running too much wing) and took a lunge into the hairpin that resulted in me spinning and then having to wait for the traffic to go past. From then on lots of catching cars and me spinning, I caught Jason a few times but could not get past. Race finally ended when I crashed coming onto the pit straight losing a wheel. I watched the rest of the race live on youtube, another good commentary. :top: :clap:

I don't know how Greg drove at the speed he did scratch . Congrats to the podium and everyone who finished. :champ:

Last edited by David Sabre on Mon 29 Feb 2016 - 0:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:51

@David Sabre Sry for my move on Lap 14 :doh: [/quote]
No problem Jan, I had that many mistakes by myself that I don't remember it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Emmanuel Haas
Club Driver

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Feb 2016 - 0:04

Thank you for my first race with you. I am very impressed by the number of drivers on the track. To be honest, I was afraid for the start with all these cars because I'm not used to seeing so much.

I was at the end of the grid and I was very cautious. I hope that all my blue flags were okay for you. I did the maximum to let you overtake me the easier as possible ...

I am very happy to finish the race, my position is not important. I was dead at the end of the race but I finished ! I was not competitive but it is not a problem ... I will learn ... It is very different Mods of the 90s and after ...

I hope I could drive for Monaco because it is very hard to have a drive here, even a one off-drive. It’s the price of fame …

I have just a question, why the race start procedure was not followed for this race ?

Thank you again for this evening ...
Back to top Go down
Jan Titz
Experienced Driver
Jan Titz

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Feb 2016 - 0:30

So Mr. Remmen if that was really the intention
it is seriously the stupidest racing maneuver 2016 ! Evil or Very Mad
And you crashed nearly the winner out of the race too.
I never saw something like that here at HSO. Unbelievable.. affraid

But a big THANK YOU to Raul Jereb for the setup. Very Happy
Was much better than mine.. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
http://www.Racing-Association.de
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Feb 2016 - 1:10

Points are up
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Feb 2016 - 1:53

ANTHEMS :D

WINNING DRIVER

WINNING CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Feb 2016 - 2:41

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Feb 2016 - 3:03

Great broadcast again Alberto and Richard! You guys almost had it right on my car. I already had some light damage from an earlier contact with the wall. I never got the acceleration setup right as I got the car less than 24 hours before the race. The losses of traction were more me than the damage. The little bit of damage just made it hard to predict. Overall it was stable. Even damaged it was way more stable for me than the Ferrari.

Just got a phone call and message from my old team, paraphrase, "We can afford the wings, but now we need 2 cases of super glue to put the car back together and a sponge to clean Jan out of it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)   Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Long Beach (Feb 28th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next