Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)

Go down 
+27
Jonatan Acerclinth
David Jaques
Jose Berenguer
Dave Simmons
Mick Chapman
Martin Audran
Philippe Martinelli
Raymond Riddall
François Remmen
Pascal Le pihive
Gérard Ryon
Ben Paulet
Petr Hlavac
Glenn Corliss
Cláudio Augusto
Florkin Marc
Jan Kowalski
Alberto Ibañez
Jason Fitch
Dylan Canton
Yves Plaçais
James Knowles
Raul Jereb
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
Jason White
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 22:33

Well...

Could have gone better and could have gone a lot worse...

Had a cautious start as I've only driven around 15 laps at most with the 956 (I don't enjoy driving cars that are far quicker than any other car) and found my way up the field.

With the last minute setup I threw on it (making use of my knowledge of the CK5 which I tried to help Dave with) I got the car to handle allright, the grip on power out of the turns were unreal...

Was looking at a top5 finish when Mike and Marc came together at the 2nd chicane, it looked like Mike would end up on the right side of the road so slowed and tried to sneak by to the left to find Mikes' car lag back onto the track and right in front of me leaving me nowhere to go and sadly I hit him.
Sorry Mike, I hope that your car wasn't damaged by that contact Sad

Drove back to the pits making an assesment of how the car was behaving and fixed the body only to get the front hood and clip put back onto the car.

The Joest crew did a good job and I put my head down.

I've not driven any GroupC car that hard before but the car took it with relative ease, had a couple of moments but nothing that was close to ending the race.

After a lot of work, I got up to 7th place, I'd consider that a good salvage and payback to the pitcrew for their hard work with the car Smile

Thank you to those I had battles with and sorry to anyone I held up unlapping myself or passing or lapping Embarassed

I hope to see you all later, apart from the crash the event was pretty enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 22:44

Dylan Canton wrote:

so yeah, we're f*cked in the rotary powered cars

Ah ok, that's the reason all the bad rotary cars were 10 Km/H faster than me lol!

At least it was not a complete lonely race for me, but in the end a was no match for anyone.
Only Jason did struggle a lot more.

Thanks for the TV Coverage, my friends enjoyed the race!!! :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:07

François Remmen wrote:
im totaly fed up with this
dont mean hso but i NEVER had connection issues till this windows 10 and i realy dont know how to solve it
setting from router and connection info from guys who have np are very much needed

last year martin and co run the show i believe ask him for the connection server settings aswell
could help

I don't have any problems, so here's my settings:

Connection type: Custom
Upload rate: 10 000kbps
Download rate: 10 000kbps
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:10

Results are up.
Points to follow...
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:15

Well what can I say, I was the Slowest of the Slow cars.

As Dylan pointed out, these Rotaries have no business at this track, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the same for the next race at Avus as well. There is just no top speed to them, and my Top speed was a good 10 mph SLOWER than the rest of the Rotaries.

Here's hoping that a later track is better suited to this car.

On the flip side, I DID finish and I DID score some points, so Both Missions Accomplished for this race.

Kudos to everyone who lapped me, all went well for the most part. I will say that some of you need to wait about a heart beat or 3 longer before merger back in front of a lapped car, Jose?(I think, it was a Martini Lancia) cut across my nose in the Ost Kurve, and you may have actually touched me, I'm not sure. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Congrats Yves and Richard on your Wins.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:24

@ Dave Simmons: saw that when your car disappeared, could hear the sound of an engine revving while driving by

@ Simon Wattman: very sorry for our contact, i just didnt get it turned enough inside. my sincerest apologies.

@ David Jundt: really really really fun racing with you! thank you for the good time!

@ Dylan Canton: thanks for the help getting me up to speed, i still have some work to catch up, but you really helped out.

in the end turned out really fun in the mix with david and matthias, thanks for letting me run, really sorry for the incident with simon. hopefully it helped to fill up the grid, would be my pleasure to do the same next race.

dave
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:28

Pas de problèmes Mike, je suis déçu, mais incident de course !
:doh:
J'ai été étonné de la qualité des réparations, ce fût long mais éfficace ,90 sec plus un moteur qui ne repart pas....au moins 30 sec de plus !
je repart 25 ième donc plus beaucoup d'ambition pour la course, mais je reviens sur des concurrents,
je pense que je suis 15 ième lorsque je prend tout seul le mur en béton de la chicane, moteur arrêté et plus moyen de repartir et out !

Mais je me suis bien amusé, bon chrono de qualif et bon set-up (merci Phil)

A la prochaine

Marcus
:cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:33

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

Sorry Mike, I hope that your car wasn't damaged by that contact Sad

No apology owed to me! I was parked there because I hit Marc so it was my fault. I thought you had made it through but now I understand why all 4 sides were yellow lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 23:37

Points are up Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 0:38

Well, what can i say... I hate disconnections in warmup lap. All those hours of practice with that italian crapwagon are in vain again. On the other hand, thanks for excellent TV coverage and an exciting race to watch :top:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 10:44

Une victoire ici  :first: , sur la Lancia, plutôt une bonne surprise !

Qualif conforme à mes attentes, proche de mon meilleur temps.

Au départ, José, sans doute en sous-régime, ralentit un peu la file de droite. La famille Plaçais, sur la file en gauche, en profite lâchement pour prendre la tête  :first:  :second:  !
Je tente l'aspi sur Jean-marie avant la 1ère chicane, mais je n'insiste pas au freinage.
José reprend son bien après la deuxième chicane. Je le laisse aller s'arsouiller avec Jean-Marie, de toute façon, je suis incapable de les suivre.

S'arsouiller... mais surtout s'éclater  :aie:  dans la 2ème chicane lors du 3ème tour.... je me faufile au milieu des épaves, capots, et autres ailerons pour prendre la tête.

Après, ce fut de la pure gestion de course, en maîtrisant la conso (il a fallu baisser la pression du turbo pendant une bonne dizaine de tours), gérer avec prudence les dépassements (merci à tous ! :top: ), et surtout la fantastique remontée d'un Gérard déchaîné Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 3108518133 (un tour de plus l'aurait vu vainqueur, je pense.) Bravo Gérard, quel début de saison !

Bref, j'ai réussi à tirer mon épingle du jeu en privilégiant, comme toujours, la régularité et une relative prudence pour éviter les fautes.

Ce sera autre chose à l'Avus où les 956 vont vraisemblablement reprendre leur bien !
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:07

Martin Audran wrote:

@Philou: Un petit truc, quand tu prend un tour a quelqu'un, et que tu n'es pas en bagarre directe, il vaut mieux attendre une ligne droite pour dépasser quand tu n'es pas tout proche au moment du freinage. Surtout sur un freinage comme celui de la première chicance. La j'ai freiné comme d'habitude puisque je te voyais assez loin, sauf que tu es passé quand même et du coup j'ai perdu 2-3 secondes dans l'affaire alors que toi tu n'as rien gagné :smil20: Ce qui est dommage c'est que j'étais en bagarre directe pour la 1ere place en Junior avec Richard. Enfin bon c'est pas très grave, mais pour la prochaine fois essaye de t'en souvenir stp Wink

Martin: C'est mal tombé, si je ne te dépassais pas, je perdais du temps, si je te dépassais, tu perdais du temps... C'est difficile d'apprécier çà sur le moment au 19 ème tour où j'arrive sur des voitures plus lentes plusieurs fois par tour parfois. Je pense avoir pris la meilleure option en te laissant assez de place il me semble et sans te faire prendre trop de risque. Je ne voulais pas perdre trop de temps sur Gérard, j'étais moi-aussi en bagarre après tout...
Pour finir, il me semble que là où tu perds le plus de temps sur Richard, c'est à la sortie de la deuxième chicane, après mon dépassement, où tu sors dans le sable et en effet cela te pénalises beaucoup, mais je n'y suis pour rien...
Il faut toujours chercher à s'améliorer, je ferai encore plus attention les prochaine-fois Wink
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:16

@ David Jaques no problem, that's what teammates are for   Wink  

not sure if staff is gonna like me for this...

Wankel Cup

standings:

1.    Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Switzerland David Jundt #16 Mazda 717C - 10 Points
2.    Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Netherlands Dylan Canton #67 Lola-Mazda T616 - 8 Points
-3.   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Usa Jason Fitch #62 Harrier-Mazda RX83C - 2 points
-3.   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Brasil Ivan Daniel #68 Lola-Mazda T616 - 2 Points

seeing as there are 4 cars, points go as followed: 6-4-2-1
not sure if i should add the one-of drivers (David Jaques in this case), or just leave it to the full-time drivers

@Matthias Weber, your car seems to have a BMW L4, and not a rotary engine. That is why i didn't include you
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:17

"Wankel Cup" love it........

I say we name the champion "Chief Wanker" lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:22

If you want to keep a check Dylan, you can, but it wont receive any ratification from HSO Wink

Matthias did well in the little Stehmo, I can see him doing well at the airport tracks. :top:
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:23

James Knowles wrote:
"Wankel Cup"  love it........

Not really sure if the term 'Wankel engine' actually existed in English  scratch , in Dutch it's what we always use

Richard Coxon wrote:
If you want to keep a check Dylan, you can, but it wont receive any ratification from HSO Wink

and i know, just so we have something to race for
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:29

Dylan Canton wrote:
James Knowles wrote:
"Wankel Cup"  love it........

Not really sure if the term 'Wankel engine' actually existed in English  scratch , in Dutch it's what we always use

Those "in the know" know what you are referring to when you say Wankel :top:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:33

Dylan Canton wrote:

@Matthias Weber, your car seems to have a BMW L4, and not a rotary engine. That is why i didn't include you

Yeah i know, i would have been glad to use a rotary engine in Hockenheim cheers

Cannot understand, why my naturally aspirated engine with the best sound in the field could generate that less horsepower scratch :aie:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:37

Matthias Weber wrote:
Cannot understand, why my naturally aspirated engine with the best sound in the field could generate that less horsepower scratch :aie:

I really thought you had a rotary, with the noise and the (lack of) speed
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:39

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
4th! Pretty good with this car. Highest top speed of all I think, but still felt so sluggish compared with the 956. The Zakspeed is just too soft and have too little downforce. But, it is kinda safe. Glad to be the best non-956, non-Lancia in the field.

Did not really enjoy battling with Claudio, but I respect his sincerety about his drive. Was disappointed that he crashed out, but not really surprised.

Gratz to the podium guys!

Jacob I hate it I had that ctd on lap 3-I think you and I were fairly even here and could have had a fun race....

Next time perhaps..... :drink:
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 19:01

Yves wrote:
la fantastique remontée d'un Gérard déchaîné (un tour de plus l'aurait vu vainqueur, je pense.) Bravo Gérard, quel début de saison !
Mais bravo a toi,Yves et Richard. :first:
Mauvais départ,sous-régime comme Jose,Philippe qui passe comme une balle a l'extérieur,Raul,qui veut me dépasser avant la chicane "Bremskurve" mais se rabat trop vite,touche ma voiture et part dans le décor.Sorry Raoul, but I am not involved in your accident.Puis la remontée sur Philippe,pour passer 2éme,et :yaa: sur Yves.
Après j'ai regardé la redifusion.Thanks for the TV Coverage.Merçi Jason,Richard. :top: Fantastic,Jason, you life race.When will the subtitles? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 20:15

Wankel cup, awesome. There was a race team called Wankel Team Racing at GPRO (online racing management game).

Great video again. Boy did I screw up when I hit Marc. I did not realize how far we were down the track and backed off too late. I also locked up due to crossing the dirt. Horrible driving by me. Took two others out. Uggh, makes me sick.

I recall passing the Two leader crash aftermath. Wow that was some high drama there in the replay.

Really enjoyed the footage of Richard and Martin nose to tail. Superb.

Video just missed my favorite moment when I caught David and two other class C cars in several bad spots and had to work through. They were passing each other while I was trying to get through but not slow them down as I could see it was all for position. I was trying like crazy to catch Dave Simmons in the other CK5. I almost caught you Dave!
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 20:25

Just viewed the broadcast guys...bravo...

Same thing as the fall 2015 event-run low graphics and you can't distinguish headlamps on or off easily at this venue...at least I caught it before lap five...

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 20:36

Philippe Martinelli wrote:

Pour finir, il me semble que là où tu perds le plus de temps sur Richard, c'est à la sortie de la deuxième chicane, après mon dépassement, où tu sors dans le sable et en effet cela te pénalises beaucoup, mais je n'y suis pour rien...

Ça effectivement c'est complètement de ma faute on est d'accord Smile

C'est juste que Richard et moi on était l'un derrière l'autre au contact et que sur ce genre de circuit si on perd l'aspi c'est très compliqué de revenir, surtout à voiture égale. Enfin bon de toute façon je suis revenu sur Richard, j'ai tenté de le doubler et je me suis loupé, donc ça n'a pas changé grand chose :D

:drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2016 - 21:54

James Knowles wrote:
Just viewed the broadcast guys...bravo...

Same thing as the fall 2015 event-run low graphics and you can't distinguish headlamps on or off easily at this venue...at least I caught it before lap five...

Dang, I thought you were making it a tradition. That was hilarious! Nicely driven race James. Congrats on the great finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)   Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Hockenheim (Feb 21st)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next