Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen

Go down 
+28
Guillaume Siebert
Jose Berenguer
Martin Lacina
David Jundt
Simon Wattman
François Remmen
Mick Chapman
Philippe Martinelli
David Jaques
David Sabre
Philippe Bousquet
Yannick Lampure
Raymond Riddall
Jacob Fredriksson
Pascal Le pihive
Ludovic Tiengou
Vincent Beretta
Greg Hunt
Glenn Corliss
Gérard Ryon
Yves Plaçais
Raul Jereb
Pascal Mikula
Mike Becnel
Petr Hlavac
Jan Kowalski
Dana Schurer
Ben Paulet
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:15

I personally use XD, to know the life % engine, and the fuel consumption.
Xd helped me to know how fast the engine died when you hitted the red zone, and what was the maximum to push.
An other tips, it's clearly important to lift the foot when you gear up.
And when you down gear, give a little throttle kick.
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:24

XD ? What is that?

XD? Qué es eso?
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2016 - 21:40

You have a mp. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 1:47

Martin Lacina wrote:
Pascal: I didnt notice at all that i overtake somebody:-D I was surprised that on the longest straight my car was too slow aproxx. about 20km/h less that the anybody else. This handicaps i tried to eliminate partially in the corners but it was not so much to reach any good times close to 1:40.. My max was something around 1:43 in the race.
1:43? I WISH I could achieve lap times like that! My best in the race was 1:45:18 or something! Wink And I think you had a top speed of like 280 kph? I wish to reach that! My top was 278 with heavy braking before the loop turn and once I got into Petr's slipstream and got to 286 kph :D I was not surprised that I had such difficulty to catch up on you after I spun out and you overtook me :D
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 17:03

Jose Berenguer wrote:

PD : Do you use something to know engine wear in the race ?

As Ben says, XD is the way to go. It's highly customizable (position of tables, size, transparency, fuel consuption mode, number of displayed oponents, etc). For example it saved my race in Argentina F1 78, my engine wouldn't last till the end. Thanks to XD i knew i had to slow down significantly.

http://www.virtualr.net/xd-212-released

http://fotos.subefotos.com/4fd2122ecd5d877f7dea8f73a6ef9820o.jpg

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Fri 19 Feb 2016 - 17:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 17:04

Too bad it's not possible to ban it. It's not realistic at all.

I raced rFactor for 8 years, never used it and must have blew off less than 10 engines during a race. And when I did, I consider it was my fault or bad luck.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 18:37

Yup, I too prefer to race "naked". Much greater level of immersion then, even it has meant I've had a couple of extra DNF's (Fontana still hurts  Crying or Very sad).
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 18:55

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Yup, I too prefer to race "naked". Much greater level of immersion then

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 19:12

Engine wear is the main critizeable thing, as the rfactor HUD already gives you the tire temps info (irrealistic on old racing cars). Accurate fuel consumption is OK IMHO as the crew would calculate it from what your tank accepts at each pitstop and in races they had it monitored quite well.

For the USAC mod this will anyway not be a big issue, as engines are quite fragile and overreving hard will mean blowing them no matter if you still had a good % of engine life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 21:22

désolé pour mon absence, empêchement de dernière minute. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2016 - 21:37

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Pascal: I didnt notice at all that i overtake somebody:-D I was surprised that on the longest straight my car was too slow aproxx. about 20km/h less that the anybody else. This handicaps i tried to eliminate partially in the corners but it was not so much to reach any good times close to 1:40.. My max was something around 1:43 in the race.
1:43? I WISH I could achieve lap times like that! My best in the race was 1:45:18 or something! Wink And I think you had a top speed of like 280 kph? I wish to reach that! My top was 278 with heavy braking before the loop turn and once I got into Petr's slipstream and got to 286 kph :D I was not surprised that I had such difficulty to catch up on you after I spun out and you overtook me :D

1:43.xxx was my best but after that i couldnt went under 1:45. I had some problem with my gas pedal which didn go to 100% but near by 93%. At now i tune it a little bit and reach the time 1:40.8 and top speed almost 280 on longest straight. I hope in next race i will do a better result.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2016 - 10:04

Ben Paulet wrote:
I just saw the posts from Jacob and Pascal :

@Ludo : Tu peux venir à la prochaine course, t'inquiète. C'est vrai que tu m'as un peu bouchonné alors que j'essayais de rester au cul de Philou que tu suivais aussi, mais y'avait rien de répréhensible. En plus, j'avais pas vraiment la motivation pour la course, donc t'inquiète pas, c'est moi qui est fait ESC. Ce n'est pas à cause de toi, si je finis dans le sable. :frank:

Bon ca ma rassure un peu. Quand je t'ai vu disparaitre j'ai cru que je t'avais encore touché et viré de la piste
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2016 - 21:04

I have one question to the engine REVS, which Revs meter is corect? the one on dashboard which has red point much sooner than the one showed by RFACTOR with gear idicator and is in red area later than the one on car dasboard
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2016 - 21:07

When it turns red, that is the Rev limit, but you can go past this point over Rev the engine, but if you do you risk damaging your engine.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2016 - 21:12

and 2nd question, this mod hasn't Hshifter option on car selection and when i drive then after i lift throtle, shift the lever and push the throtle , there is Revs peek present like the clutch is still pressed (I am not using clutch pedal or button, I only lift throtle) , the time when the clutch is pressed is relatively too big and I am afraid of destroy engine soon
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2016 - 21:22

Hmm, not sure as I don't race the mod at the moment, perhaps wait a split second longer to apply the throttle.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2016 - 9:43

Quote :
and 2nd question, this mod hasn't Hshifter option on car selection and when i drive then after i lift throtle, shift the lever and push the throtle , there is Revs peek present like the clutch is still pressed (I am not using clutch pedal or button, I only lift throtle) , the time when the clutch is pressed is relatively too big and I am afraid of destroy engine soon

It's a problem of engine inertia being too high. You have to lift well before you press the clutch/move the lever to neutral because the engine keeps rotating fast for a fraction of a second before it starts losing rpms (And it does that very slowly). The mod was clearly tuned for someone who uses clutch and H shifter because in that case you will hardly notice that problem.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2016 - 13:00

@Jacob-Pascal
In a first time, I saw the overtaking from Jacob on Pascal. I didn't notice a major fault, Pascal plunged in the interior of the turn, with low speed, and keep interior. The entering of that turn deports easily to the outside, so I think Pascal was not in confidence in that turn and took slowly, with early braking.
There's not a reprehensible move. Only a little mistake from beginner who has not a huge control of these power cars. Just need more experience, Pascal when you see that you have not time/position to win and that you are under blue flag, you have to facilitate the overtaking. Maybe the good solution was to keep your exterior line before the turn and let Jacob plunged in the turn to overtake you. But as I said above it's not an easy turn too. On the previous overtaking, I saw you let pass the fatest driver without problem.

@Pascal-Glenn
In a second time, I'm more doubtfully about a move. At 48mn53-54sec from the server replay, Pascal, you have to make caution, and keep your line. There had a wheel kick on the left, when you were 2 wide front, which sent Glenn to visit the grass, without damage luckily. And just after, Glenn surprised by you early braking, bumped you.

So no admonition that time. You just need to keep in mind, ease the overtaking, keep his line, and learn to be more patient with beginners. I hope that all will be improved for the next races. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2016 - 16:55

Ben Paulet wrote:
@Jacob-Pascal
In a first time, I saw the overtaking from Jacob on Pascal. I didn't notice a major fault, Pascal plunged in the interior of the turn, with low speed, and keep interior. The entering of that turn deports easily to the outside, so I think Pascal was not in confidence in that turn and took slowly, with early braking.
There's not a reprehensible move. Only a little mistake from beginner who has not a huge control of these power cars. Just need more experience, Pascal when you see that you have not time/position to win and that you are under blue flag, you have to facilitate the overtaking. Maybe the good solution was to keep your exterior line before the turn and let Jacob plunged in the turn to overtake you. But as I said above it's not an easy turn too. On the previous overtaking, I saw you let pass the fatest driver without problem.

@Pascal-Glenn
In a second time, I'm more doubtfully about a move. At 48mn53-54sec from the server replay, Pascal, you have to make caution, and keep your line. There had a wheel kick on the left, when you were 2 wide front, which sent Glenn to visit the grass, without damage luckily. And just after, Glenn surprised by you early braking, bumped you.

So no admonition that time. You just need to keep in mind, ease the overtaking, keep his line, and learn to be more patient with beginners. I hope that all will be improved for the next races. :frank:
*looks for some kind of like button*
*serious time* Yes, I reviewed the Me-Glenn incident too and I was a bit agressive with my little car that in the end let to that collision; also the incident with Jacob was like you said, also my car got a bit light on the rear so it sent me a bit into the grass; but yeah, I think I should be able to learn that quickly for Road America
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen    Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Watkins Glen Grand Prix - Watkins Glen
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3