Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules

Go down 
+7
Petr Hlavac
David Jundt
Greg Hunt
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
Pascal Le pihive
Jason White
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Empty
PostSubject: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2015 - 0:40

1978 World Drivers' Championship

1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Logo

F1 1978 Mod

For this championship we will use F1 1978 V2.0 mod for rFactor with these patches

Car Selection

A variety of cars are available for the 1978 schedule as full-season drives. Please refer to the mod's readme pdf before making a car selection for the season.

Car selection will take place within a three-group scheme to be announced by the moderators. Please refer to the Entry List section for details on this process.

During the season, switching from one full-time drive to another is permissible -- but only under the following process:

1) Any full-time drive that goes vacant will be offered on the forum to full season drivers that want to change their car, on a first come-first serve basis. Admins still reserve the right to refuse a car to a driver who is deemed to fast for it.

2) Should the drive still remain vacant 24 hours later, it will be offered to the waiting list drivers in order of who has the most one off starts.

3) The drive made free by the full season driver who changes his ride will go to procedure 1)

For certain exceptional cases we can allow sharing a car between two drivers, i.e. they are free to arrange between themselves who drives at each event. 

At some races, open cars will be available as one-off drives for those who are not committed to the entire schedule, but would still like to take part occasionally.  These open cars will be announced in individual race threads.  Like the full-season contenders, these cars will be eligible for championship points (see "Points System"). If a full time driver declares himself/herself absent for a race, their car will be available for said race as a open drive. One-off drivers cannot switch from one car to another once they have made a selection. Drivers who already have a secure full-time drive are not allowed to jump into another full-time drive that happens to be absent at a race. 

A full-season driver missing two races in a row without any explanation on the forum will have their car freed and made available for someone else. If a full-season driver is absent for three races in a row or five races in total, they will lose their drive, even if they declare their absence each time. For those on the waiting list who wanted to commit to full season and did not get a ride, we will count how many times they effectively appear to do a one off, which will score for preference towards getting a full time drive that becomes available (after said drive clears procedure 1 listed above).  The driver(s) with the most one off starts have 24 hours to claim a car from the time it is made available to them; if they say no or do not respond, the next driver(s) on the list have 24 hours to claim it, and so on.  If everyone on the waiting list declines the car by saying no or letting time expire, it will be open to anyone.  The waiting list is only for drivers who have no full-time drive, not for full-time drivers looking to switch cars.  Full time drives do not count as one off drives.  Full-time drivers are only allowed one car switch during the year. A car swap between two full-time drivers can be requested, but must be cleared with the admins (this would count as the one full-time car switch allowed during the year for both parties involved). When waiting list drivers join the full-time list, they must do two full-time starts before they attempt a car switch.

Championship Rules

The championship will be run over 16 rounds.

Points System

Points are awarded to the top 6 finishers in each round. The best seven results from the first eight races and the best seven results from the remaining eight races are retained.

Place 
1st 
2nd 
3rd 
4th 
5th 
6th 
Points 964321

There will be one drivers' championship and one constructors' championship.  Constructors' points are awarded to the top six placegetters in each round with only the best placed car from each constructor eligible to score points. As with the drivers' points, the best seven results from the first eight races and the best seven results from the remaining eight races are retained.

Qualifying

Qualifying will consist of an hour session followed by a warmup, then the race itself.

Event Schedule 

All meetings will be held on Sunday nights (all times given as CET)

20h00 - Qualifying
21h00 - Warm-up and Drivers’ briefing
21h10 - Race start (formation/standing)

Server Password : hso78
A training server will be running 24/7 (same password).

Race Start Procedure

--> Reconnaissance Laps <--

Behaviour on track

- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.

- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.

- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.

- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.

Application and Interpretation of the Regulations

The admins/moderators are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.

Last edited by Jason White on Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 13:51; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 21:33

different power of engine for a same car ? scratch
cars more or less powered for the different races,  Laughing  thats it?
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 21:38

Tu veux dire qu'il y a plusieurs moteurs disponible par voiture Pascal?

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 21:53

oui
je viens de faire mon petit bilan comparatif
et a priori suivant les chassis
on dispose de differentes puissances suivant la variante du moteur
associé dirait on au différents circuits
si c est le cas ca a son importance pour le choix des bolides

par exemple:la BS FABRICATIONS n°30

la M23....347Kw
la M26....362Kw

et aussi la WALTER WOLF RACING en version 6 du moteur

alors que d'autres comme la SURTEES reste identique

A vérifier et a confirmer bien sur

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 21:53

Dans ce cas c'est comme pour le mod 79, avec des évolutions en cours de saison (ou pas, selon les équipes). Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 22:03

The mod has changed a bit since the Silverstone open, wait to try it again study
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 22:05

confirmé Martin

exemple avec la WOLF RACING N°20 Jody SCHEKTER

version WR1,WR3,WR4 ....347KW
version WR5 et WR6 ......362KW

version WR1: BRA MON SAF
version WR3: USAW
version WR4: ARG
version WR5: AUT BEL FRA GER ITA SPA SWE UK
version WR6: CAN HOL USAE

a noter au passage 6 Kgs de plus et 14 Nm
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 22:07

So  scratch Alberto
wait and see
:frank:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 23:18

1000 HP for me for the whole seasson please , thanks :langue:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2015 - 23:19

If you want that you will have to join the USAC for an Offenhauser :regl:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2015 - 23:23

Is there a server running already or will that come closer to the season start?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2015 - 23:27

David Jundt wrote:
Is there a server running already or will that come closer to the season start?

We will launch a server for the Argentine Grand Prix when we post the first race thread.

The Argentina race thread will be posted January 3rd; actual race is a week later on January 10th.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 2:06

Sorry if it was discussed already, but how is it with shifting upgrades? Using H-upgrade while paddling is forbidden/immoral? I consider driving the stick (i've done my best lap so far with a stick), but it's obviously way more demanding than paddles. Is there some official rule?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 9:36

No official rule, you can use what you want. Faster drivers that love realism usually take H-gear pattern shifters as self imposed handicap, for the challenge. It's up to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 9:54

Driving this old cars with paddles is kinda un-natural to me... I am using the shifter through all mods (CART, GroupC, TCL, HGTC....).
I tryed to use paddles in CART but I figured out that I really got some kind of reality atmosphere when using the shifter (even its not H), and entering the turns with only left arm on the wheel is something that made me very exiced, no matter on handycep!!
I never drove a racing car, and most likely I never will, so I just want to get as close as possible to it from my livingroom chair :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 10:00

CART champcars of the 98 season used sequential shifters, so you did it perfectly realism-wise Smile

For increased realism and quicker use, you can program your shifter as in the real racing cars, (Including F1s of the 70s and 80s) with a dog-leg pattern:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-leg_gearbox

I had some years ago an M3 E30 with such a gearbox and it was a delight to drive and shift Very Happy and I never ever missed a shift or did one wrong, it is something that your brain seems to asume naturally very quickly :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 11:25

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

For increased realism and quicker use, you can program your shifter as in the real racing cars, (Including F1s of the 70s and 80s) with a dog-leg pattern:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-leg_gearbox

This could work on H-shifter, but I dont have it, I have sequential (DFGT)..
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 15:07

I thought I saw it in the rules before, but it's probably been erased:

Grid size won't be limited, right(26 cars in reality)? Except for Monaco(20) maybe?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2016 - 15:11

David Jundt wrote:
I thought I saw it in the rules before, but it's probably been erased:

Grid size won't be limited, right(26 cars in reality)? Except for Monaco(20) maybe?

No grid limits.
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 18:30

Please, what the system from starting new event? I think about starting server and download the track?
I´m a new... :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCscT6wQROnstutlBDDh6GYw
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 18:35

Emil Gersak wrote:
Please, what the system from starting new event? I think about starting server and download the track?

The Round 3 race thread will be posted the evening of Feb 7th (one week before the race itself). The server will go up at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 18:42

Jason White wrote:
Emil Gersak wrote:

The Round 3 race thread will be posted the evening of Feb 7th (one week before the race itself). The server will go up at the same time.
Thanks. 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules 3108518133

But I´m very nervous. I wanna :conduit: :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 20:24

Emil Gersak wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Emil Gersak wrote:

But I´m very nervous. I wanna  :conduit:  :hello:
What you can do is download a version of the track (for example the GPC79 version) which should be fairly close to the version that we'll be running in the championship.

At least that is what I have done for the next 2 rounds, especially the American round, I have no idea of where that track goes so I need a bit of a head start lol!
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2016 - 21:20

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Emil Gersak wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Emil Gersak wrote:

But I´m very nervous. I wanna  :conduit:  :hello:
What you can do is download a version of the track (for example the GPC79 version) which should be fairly close to the version that we'll be running in the championship.

At least that is what I have done for the next 2 rounds, especially the American round, I have no idea of where that track goes so I need a bit of a head start lol!

Of course. I have this track. To the end two years ago here I reached my first win on our legue. I even beat Mr. P. Hlavac :flag: ( of course after his mistake) :yaa:
But, compare with this squadron is better than riding with ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Emil Gersak
Rookie
Emil Gersak

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2016 - 18:35

I have an idea.
Because we try to simulate the race, as well as qualification should have a touch of realism.
It is a fact that many drivers in qualifying trying to time the options themselves or car. Accidents occur frequently and exit to the pits using the Escape key. This gives then space problems and incorrect frequent trips to FL.
Perhaps it would not hurt to rule that the pilot could not give while driving on the track the Escape key. Thus, it would ride out a complete lap and gave to escape the pit lane.
In case of major damage pilot must go to pit so as not to endanger others on the road.
I allowed one I would use the escape key when the car would not be able to reach the pits.
This rule uses in factories and helped endurance races more attractive.
Of course, use the Escape key to respect based on honor, because checking administrators would be inadequate during qualifying one hour long.

And one more note.
The rules of the HSO is to remain silent to chat during qualifying. It is very fails to comply with, what with the number of connecting, disconnecting drivers on the server for high Traffik very difficult concentricity and the result qualifications. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules   1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1978 World Drivers' Championship - Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next