Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]

Go down 
+12
Alberto Ibañez
Jose Berenguer
Didier Conjeaud
Ben Paulet
Peter Lengyel
Philippe Martinelli
Raul Jereb
Ole Marius Myrvold
Matthias Weber
Roy Magnes
Jonatan Acerclinth
Richard Coxon
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 22:49

Richard Wilks wrote:
Damn Richard, got close between us at the end  on points Very Happy
It did, you drove very well at the end of the season, i'm sure you will carry it on into next year  Wink
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 22:59

JP Campmajo wrote:
And the damage was done before with the car determined to do a Senna on me :hihi:

José didnt touch you, and you both braked way too late for that first corner ... :doh:
U want some cheese for the "whine" ?

Was surprised by suddenly beeing in the lead and wanted to save my tires.
Sadly i gambled too much with the softs, so after about 15 laps i couldn't improve my times any more.

Nice move Peter in the last lap, just wasn't able to cover my line at that moment, so i lost the victory :bangry:

Nice Championship! I didn't expect to be at :third: at the end, although even more would have been possible.

See You next year again! THX HSO Admins for all your work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 23:03

No I'm fine thanks, but I was too busy watching him trying to use the bumper on me as he always does Very Happy If I make the corner, he crashes hard into me. Simple to understand, even you should be able to, as limited as you are.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 23:26

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ole Marius Myrvold
Club Driver

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2015 - 23:32

Hah, I posted in the wrong thread, let's try again in the correct thread this time!

That really should've been a top 5. Had it all covered until the last sector on the last lap. That was a major blow!

All in all it was great fun, haven't touched the cars in 15-16 months, and not the game for 3-4 months. No practice, just joined the server and drove.
Jonatan Åcerclinth said that VH - VH would be the best for Holden, maybe H - VH. So i went for M - H.
Worked well the first 25 laps, and overall, it was faster over a race distance Smile

Maybe I'll show up later as well! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 0:09

Well... I'm possitively surprised at how this event went, although a bit sad for others as well...

Practice went as expected, spent a few minutes playing around with the car and found a setup that I felt would be allright.

Qualifying didn't go quite to plan as I span in T3 when I put the power on and by the time I reached my 3rd hotlap my Medium Front Tires were cooked so wasn't able to improve by more than a few hundreds.

Race got underway and I had a resonable start slipping by Jacob and for a moment also Peter but took it very very cautiously into Turn1 as I've been off there before on opening laps and know the pain it involves.
Was hit up the back because I was too cautious and that probably caused the stack-up behind as Yves was sent across the road just in front of me and others had trouble as well Sad

Came out the first 2 turns and was 3rd.

Spent most of the race guarding my gap to Jacob who I thought would have more pace than I did but it looks like I had him covered and outpaced at the last and first turns as I was able to pull a few tenths overall in that section of the track.

As we reached lap 22 or there about I was able to close in on Matthias and Peter who were fighting in front of me. With 7 or so laps to go I had my first chance at getting by but nothing came of it.

Stayed behind and looked for openings, thought I had one as Peter was held up at the last turn but that Toyota (?) really can brake late and put the power on early in the turns. I was up alongside the outside but he just about was able to power ahead, gave him a flash of lights then as, if I had been just a bit further up, I'd been in the grass or he'd been in the wall to the right.

Had one more chance at the 1st turn to get by Peter, sorry for the hit, placed my car just slightly wrong and it produced a dangerous moment.

Lost out then as I dropped the distance I needed to be closer to pick up the spills when Peter went for the move on Matthias, was really nice watching you 2 duke it out for the win for most of the race and to be able to partake in the dogfight for a few laps.

Sadly my front tires were shot by lap30 so I was understeering like a hard-charging Hippo' in every turn otherwhise I think I could have had at least Matthias if not also Peter :antoine:

I'm happy to know that my setups are allright, makes me think that I should share a few in the future to give everyone a chance at running with a car that isn't default or close to default. So always check the Webside Setup part or the event thead if I have more time, for a setup for your car of choice Smile

But well done everyone and thank you to everyone I've had a battle with this season, the battles has made the season a real stonker, truly enjoyable from start to finish. :D :drink:

Also thank you to the organization for organising the championship, really nicely done and good work-arounds for the few hick-ups that always shows up when you do an extended championship like this one Smile

And congratulations to everyone, because in Sim-Racing everyone are a winner, even though the championship standings may want to say something else. :clap: :drink:

Again thank you and see you all in the next season where I'll again try to pester you all with much power, little grip :aie: Very Happy cheers :clap:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 0:15

Its a Mitsubishi Jonatan Razz

But i share your sentiments, it was fun overall, and you were a great and fair opponent always :drink:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 9:19

finally gone wrote:
No I'm fine thanks, but I was too busy watching him trying to use the bumper on me as he always does Very Happy If I make the corner, he crashes hard into me. Simple to understand, even you should be able to, as limited as you are.

Ah, and because i'm that limited and you are that clever: You should have known what came out and easily avoid that situation...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:41

Other than the first lap, which included way too much shitty driving, my race was completely eventless! Faster than the guys behind me, slower than the guys in front of me. Still glad with 4th though.

Thanks for this season, even though I only did half of it. I really like the Australian circuits, hope to do more of them in the future! I hope someday an Aussie Group C mod arrives (there are a few cars available for GTL), so we can go further back in time on these tracks.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Peter Lengyel
Club Driver

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 11:52

It was a great race to end a championship like this. Both were amazing! I would have also said this If I hadn't had that move on the last lap. Smile

I practiced for this race 2 weeks ago, when I had a little time, because this track was quite unknown for me. I only remembered the bridge and the tricky first corner. So then I made 20-30 laps offline, and that's all, created the sets. The weeks after were a bit busy for me.

Qualifying did not went well, a 1.11.0 could have been possible knowing the fact I did 11.2 during the race.

Race started well, great reaction time, I managed to drag Richard, 2 BMW did something at the front, so I found myself in 2nd place. One minor mistake took me back to 3rd but after that Jonathan let me pass and chase Matthias. I followed him, and at the middle of the race, the pace loss for him was very significant. He started slowing me down, owing to this Jonathan started closing on me. I knew I must try overtaking him, He defended very fair, tiny mistakes (from me as well), so It seemed impossible, and Jonathan had also enough motivation to overtake me.

At the last lap, I was like, okay, 2nd place is great, bring the car home, but my acceleration out of the turn after the bridge seemed better and I was on his rear bumper at the braking point for Fosters Dip, I touched the brake a little bit later and put my nose in the space he had just forgotten to defend. It was not as clean overtake as I would have liked to be, than I thought sometimes even more is acceptable in touring car racing. It was good to see happy people doing donuts after race, It was great.  :banane:

Thank you for the great season, It was really a great championship! 4th place in championship, It could have been better, but I had a few unfortunate race in the middle of the season. Next time, I maybe try myself out in higher class, but it was great driving this little beast as well. Congratulation Jose for the title! :champ:

I think I get my setups for this champ and share them as well. Someone may find them useful. Smile

Cheers :top:
Back to top Go down
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 16:10

Merci à l'organisation pour ce trés joli championnat :top:

Et à bientot pour de nouvelles aventures :hello:
Back to top Go down
Jose Berenguer
Club Driver
Jose Berenguer

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 20:35

Well, now I am not to say , really has been a very tough and very competitive championship where I enjoyed an impressive manner.

I especially thank dedicate this championship to my family , to comprehend and understand as well , which for me means this world of racing and competition , since the time that you dedicate time to this is that I'm not with them , thank you.

I also want to thank and congratulate the organization for the excellent championship full of fun that you have offered us , all fantastic .

And of course, congratulate the podium and all the participants for having cast the Wednesday nights were so funny ,

Thanks to all !!!!! :hello: :clap: :champ: :first:

Bueno , pues ahora mismo no se que decir , la verdad que ha sido un campeonato muy duro y muy competido en el que he disfrutado de una manera impresionante.

Quiero dedicar y sobre todo agradecer este campeonato a mi familia , por comprender y entender tan bien , lo que para mi significa todo este mundo de las carreras y la competición , ya que el tiempo que le dedico a esto , es tiempo que no estoy con ellos , mil gracias.

También quiero agradecer y felicitar a la organizacion, por el excelente campeonato lleno de diversion que nos habeis ofrecido, todo fantastico.

Y como no , felicitar al podium y a todos los participantes por haber echo que las noches de los miercoles fuesen tan divertidas,

Gracias a todos !!!!! :hello: :clap: :champ: :first:

Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 21:40

Congrats for your winning. cheers
Nice to hear that you enjoyed it. Hello to your family support. :D
Back to top Go down
Roy Magnes
Club Driver
Roy Magnes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015 - 23:49

Even though it was the wrong circuit with the wrong car for me, I still enjoyed it. I haven't driven these cars at all since the DTM-season last year, so it took some time to get in the groove. And a double digit ammount of spins :p Hopefully I did not create too much chaos around me during the race!
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2019 - 15:37

The results table Smile
Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 KQhK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]   Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Castrol Grand Final - Oran Park [Dec 9th]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2