Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)

Go down 
+15
Simon Wattman
Mike Becnel
Philippe Martinelli
Matthias Weber
Gérard Ryon
Greg Hunt
Pascal Le pihive
Yves Plaçais
Petr Hlavac
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
Mathieu Leclerc
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
Jason White
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 20:02

Official Practice has begun Arrow 91.121.135.76:34200
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 21:29

Fuck the stupid game, gave a me stop and go for no reason and then did not let me serve it. Went three times through the pits with the icon still there and no way to do it, decided to quit before it DQ me.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 21:44

Are you sure it wasn't a drive through, if you stop in the pit box it will not let you serve the penalty, i had the same issue during one of the HSO America races where i thought it was a stop go, but it turned out to be a drive through.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 21:46

:doh: Maybe yes
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 22:31

My kids were so persistent in pissing me off through all the race, that finaly I pissed off.
The frame rate was a disaster for me, every now and then, it was like a frame per a second...
Im sorry if any damage was inflicted from my behalf.

And now, the punishment. For the kids. :jp:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:04

Raul Jereb wrote:
The frame rate was a disaster for me, every now and then, it was like a frame per a second...

Yeah, the FPS were awful, the lowest of all the tracks raced this year. Who would have thought it would happen on this track ?

My race went well until I picked up damage and big understeer for the second half of the race because of a slow car at a restart :smil20: 9th will do it at Fontana.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:07

I'm very glad with my return to the podium! Especially here, where I didn't have much pace. A fun race overall. Good battles throughout.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:12

Results are up, points to follow
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:13

Raul Jereb wrote:

it was the same for me

on other tracks no trouble around 100-150 fps
here at detroit 24 fps at the starting grid with all cars around me.
average rate 35-65 fps all the race but a lot of micro freeze.
but this doesn't put me in the wall

i put myself when Matthias Webber was coming back on me after his last pitstop during last safetycar
but i should let pass him because he was faster (and also later he damaged his car).

on the 2nd or 3rd lap after this restart too much power on exit on turn 7 and a tire burn slide sent me in the wall in a corner i never was in trouble
=> front wing and a tire broken

i will finish last of the Dtroit survivors 8th place
but i was more careful i may finished around 6th or maybe 5th place becasue i managed to drive as fast as Philippe Martinelli.
Philippe was more carful nice 5th place  :top: you deserve it.

Last edited by Mathieu Leclerc on Mon 30 Nov 2015 - 19:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:37

JP Campmajo wrote:

My race went well until I picked up damage and big understeer for the second half of the race because of a slow car at a restart

I think it was me JP, I was so focused to the cars in front of me, and i saw you were faster but didnt have much choice at that speed to make more space for you... im sorry.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:40

Points are up.

One race to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2015 - 23:55

@Raul : no worries mate, I was surprised, I didn't expect that much slowing down in that corner, I wasn't trying to overtake there Neutral
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 0:20

Had no Problems with fps; around 200 fps all the time

Sadly i hit my left rear at the beginning at the race, so my pace was gone and my car was very unstable to drive.

I changed tires at the last Caution, to attack the podium afterwards, but sadly i damaged my car even more so i could only drive below 200Km/h and finish 6th

I had some very nice fights in the race, i hope no one had any problems with me Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 1:02

I actually never struggled with FPS. At least it didn't bother me, everything looked smooth.

I have to thank Raul Jereb though, I could have either ran my own setup or his, but decided to go with his setup in the end, which probably was the right choice.

I managed to slip into 2nd at the start, and followed JP like a shadow for most of the race. My race for the win looked like it was over when a caution came out right before my stop, and dropped me behind a few cars. But I managed to get back into 2nd just shortly after the green flag came out. The gap between JP and me was gone when another caution came out.

While he pitted, I decided to stay out and save fuel on boost 1 to get into position where I could turn the boost up to 5 and go to the end.

Although JP later moved into 2nd, he had lost 6s before another caution came out. But I managed to stay ahead long enough to increase to 3 and then to 5. With fuel for 3 more laps, I crossed the line to win at Detroit :first:

Didn't think I'd be good enough to race for the win on this comeback for one race(maybe I return once more for Fontana, but I prefer road&street courses), but I managed to stay consistent enough to earn it.

It was a good battle with everyone, especially JP, as it lasted the whole race. A shame about Yves, he was in the running too Sad

6th win&12th FL, awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 3:43

Good to see you again David! Grats on the :first:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 11:58

Love that avatar of yours David Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 12:38

Bravo Philou pour ce top 5. :drink:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 12:49

Calabrese a disparu ?
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 15:44

Nah, il aime beaucoup trop gagner à n'importe quel prix pour lacher une chance pour un titre comme ca Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 17:27

No problem with fps for me........... :top:

Start from the rear because of DQ in stands ( no respect of green light) :doh:
Big fight with RAUL during few laps  :clap: …. Who make a big faults jus behind me and so… :doh:
Car was broken in this contact…..1 sec left a lap.. and difficult to step on the track. affraid
And to finish….BLACK FLAG because of  “too slow”  during the yellow lap … :grrr:

I was quicker than a would but starting from the stands……so impossible for me to join the pack  scratch …….and for the end I destroy the SWIFT in the wall….no more in the race at this time  :hello:
Disappointed for this one , one more time :smil20:  …. I was quick this time….
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 21:54

@Mike: Thank you! It was very enjoyable, I am actually sad I didn't sign up for the full season, these cars demand more than just driving, you also have to think tactically, like deciding when to save fuel or turn up the boost and go as fast as possible.

Not sure about Fontana, I am not that much into ovals, especially when everyone is close together.

Richard Wilks wrote:
Love that avatar of yours David Smile  

Just changed to it :hihi: Unites my interest for the car&manga!

Found it by chance, it's also on here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't think I have to mention what car I love, although I am not quite sure why Razz

Ever since I've seen it in a Tamiya book, I've been fascinated by it's colour and livery. Only later I found out that this little Mazda actually won Le Mans!

Which made me even more... "obsessed" with it. I've got a few diecast(1:43) models, one of them in a colour-fitting box by Minichamps, aswell as a 1:18 model by Autoart, where you can open the doors, turn the wheels and take off the front and rear bodywork(I never touch it though, I prefer looking at it)!

I've also got two pictures on the wall, one is a technical see-through drawning, the other one is a racing shot of '91(although the Mazda never drove like that ahead of the Sauber and Jaguar).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Both of them bought at Le Mans during the races. My father's been there first in 1969, I started going with him in 2006 I believe.

So yeah, hughe endurance fan. It's also cheaper(we're both ACO members and have tickets to the "Durand" grandstand) than a F1 race, which lasts less than 2 hours. You get more for your money at Le Mans :D
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 22:52

David Jundt wrote:

I have to thank Raul Jereb though, I could have either ran my own setup or his, but decided to go with his setup in the end, which probably was the right choice.

Well, at least I cant say I was slow and crashed becose of lousy setup.
It looks the car needs a better driver geek
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 23:00

David Jundt wrote:

Ever since I've seen it in a Tamiya book, I've been fascinated by it's colour and livery. Only later I found out that this little Mazda actually won Le Mans!

oh, allmost same thing with me.
i bought 1/24 Hasegawa kit on some discount (the Porches were at regular price), and assable it, and only later found out it was Herberts winning car, and more later it is an rotary engine... Later I got the Repsol Porche too, but unfortunately, never had a chance to put my hands on Tamiya kit. But I got and Opel Calibra Cliff from DTM (97?) with J.J.Lehto as a driver, an Mitchubishi Pajero Paris-Dacar winner, and an briliant Mercedes CLK GT, with transparent body, which is still in the box, untouched (waiting for pension free time)..
But to get back on 767, that Charge schematics is just wonderfull, one of a kind!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 23:13

Quote :
You get more for your money at Le Mans

From the chronometric point of view that is undisputed lol!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 23:30

Raul Jereb wrote:

oh, allmost same thing with me.
i bought 1/24 Hasegawa kit on some discount (the Porches were at regular price), and assable it, and only later found out it was Herberts winning car, and more later it is an rotary engine... Later I got the Repsol Porche too, but unfortunately, never had a chance to put my hands on Tamiya kit. But I got and Opel Calibra Cliff from DTM (97?) with J.J.Lehto as a driver, an Mitchubishi Pajero Paris-Dacar winner, and an briliant Mercedes CLK GT, with transparent body, which is still in the box, untouched (waiting for pension free time)..
But to get back on 767, that Charge schematics is just wonderfull, one of a kind!

Repsol = Brun Motorsport

Nearly got 3rd place in 1990, but the engine blew minutes from the end...

767 or 787? Although both cars aswell as the MXR-01 had the Renown livery Smile

@Alberto; No, I am dead serious. You pay loads of money to get a seat on a packed grandstand for 2 hours of racing.

Even if the tickets were nearly the same price, you get 24 hours of racing, not just 2 :D

My father doesn't have fond memories of his two visits to the Italian GP... and with the current Formula 1, we'd rather watch Prototypes and GT cars live.

Although the decision of the apparently retarded people at ACO to change the healthy LMP2 class to a series with 1 engine and 4 chassis suppliers infuriates me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)   Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 17 - Detroit Grand Prix XVII (Nov 29th)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next