Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)

Go down 
+20
finally gone :)
Jukka Närhi
Petr Hlavac
Steve Parker
Mathieu Leclerc
Matthias Weber
Florkin Marc
Greg Hunt
Vincent Beretta
Cláudio Augusto
Gérard Ryon
Raul Jereb
Alberto Ibañez
Lee Simpson
Jacob Fredriksson
Dana Schurer
Martin Audran
Pascal Le pihive
Mike Becnel
Jason White
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2015 - 20:55

Quote :
 Donc y a t il une relge officielle ou au minimun un gentlemen agreement normalement dans cette situation la ? merci

No, not such a rule. That is the reason why in real life there is teamwork. One of the team mates will go to the front and then after the pitstop he will be behind for the next stint. They work together, as can be seen in modern Nascar races.
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2015 - 23:35

i will come back on my race a bit later. Even if i crashed (lap 138) by my mistake i enjoy the race but some drivers didn't have the good attiutde and the good action/decison on the oval.

as Alberto, Gregoire there is no agreement in nascar or indy/cart on ovals racing.
it is all about team radio / strategy and prior to race agreement.

Help :  Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 3108518133 we (i) need teamspeak

in 2 moments of the race, i was hoping for a driver's help but as we were not on TeamSpeak this race was absolutly not the same then what it could have been with TS.

first moment: with Greg Goissen we had a last pit earlier than other drivers in the TOP5 TOP8 i would said.
we are quite fast because our fuel tank is getting lighter. still in TOP5

i run out of fuel and i have to pit to refuel. i supposed Greg need too but he kept running on track.
my tank is empty (less than 1 lap of fuel) i go to pit (no trouble to slow down with other drivres no crash) but at this moment there is a driver in the grass a pit entry
yellow flag ggrrrrr
i lose 1 lap on the leaders where i was quite happy to drive with.
if i had teamspeak i would have ask to an other driver or Greg to pit with me
2 cars are faster than one !!!

second moment: a bit later after this, i still run in front of the pack, i was still one lap down (or going to be lapped after leader pitstops))an running with Mike BECNEL in the same situation, just in front of Rocky, Greg, JP, Jacob.
If i had teamspeak, i could ask Mike to work together with the slipsteam and take relay to go faster and not being lapped for a 2nd lap down.
this was a moment when i was driving and pushing fast not be be lapped again and waiting for a new yellow flag. it is the moment i did my mistake a exit of Tunr2; and blow the engine in spin (not contact with wall).

For next oval and more on Super Speedway (Fontana), we all need to drive all together 1 day before (saturday night) or on sunday afternoon (before race 19h-20h) because close racing at 350-370 km/h need perfect behavior or reactions.

in oval racing you don't have to drive for yourself, you need to drive with the thinking that you need other drivers to go fast and finish your race.
it is called "Give and take" spirit.

i know what i 'm talking about, previously i did in my league (FFSCA.org) 2007 and 2008 i ran an RF1 indy mod tha famous indy500 miles.
i finished the race on 1st year and crashed in last 50 laps 2nd year.
500 Miles race are endurance race at high speed.

on the 20 drivers at the start: how many drivers have done (and finished) a 500 Miles race ?
please let us know.

i sure we were not a lot of drivers:
- to race on oval
- and to race 500 miles nearly 3 hours of race.

it needs more training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 9:20

@Greg : if there was a gentleman's agreement, you could be sure that some people wouldn't respect it anyway :hihi:

@Mathieu : it's not that training is needed, it's people don't want to understand. You can tell 1000 times that you don't need to race like crazy in the beginning of any race (we said that all year), what happened in pretty much each race ? tons of yellows early, and by half distance, once those who don't understand dropped out, we were less than 10 cars to race (I was going to say cleanly :D ) with very few yellow flags until the end.

As long as people are driving in CART like in NASCAR or Touring Cars, you'll have that kind of race. 1 year of CART, people still don't get it...
Let's try to explain one more time : they could look at the results and understand : if you finish even 2 laps behind, you could be in the top 6 for every race except Long Beach and Homestead = 45 points guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:44

No there is no gentleman's rule but you can always see the leader pull out and let people go. If someone pulls a dick move they just roll them again until they get the hint.

Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:06

Mathieu Leclerc wrote:
For next oval and more on Super Speedway (Fontana), we all need to drive all together 1 day before (saturday night) or on sunday afternoon (before race 19h-20h) because close racing at 350-370 km/h need perfect behavior or reactions.

I was talking about this some time ago..
I rarely meet somebody online while training, and if so, it is 2-3 drivers top, and no matter how much laps I do, driving wheel to wheel is a different story, and it comes that the race itself is the only experience we can get. It will take a lot of races to get more experience, and a lot of bitter words and topics..

I think it could be easely organised, with just a simple agreement that few days before the race (thursday or friday fe) we have more smaler races of 30mins, er even less, with some start practices and wheel to wheel combats, where non of damage could be imflicted, and a lot of us (including myself) could get more feeling about racing against others on the track, no metter oval, street, circuit, you know, just te get that mojo for being good enough not to crash somebody in the real race.
It could be set to have 20-20:30-21-21:30... etc starts, so everybody is free to join when hee feels most sutable.. there is no need for admins to be present too, just to have option to skip practice and qualy, and start a race...

I would be more comfortable on the race day and in the race with such experience, even, there is no guarantee it would make me a lot better, but again, it would be a step forward.
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:13

Again, if people didn't drive like lunatics in that race, you would have had 150 or 200 laps to be comfortable, and 50 or 100 laps to drive for a result. Something that has been told during the warm up (there's no secret there), but people chose to ignore. 15 DNF, 5 at the finish line.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:13

I'm going to chip in and say that the main problem is that many people lack two things:

The ability to recognize that you LOST THE POSITION, or that someone is faster, and to let him go.

The ability to LIFT OF THE THROTTLE if you sense you are too close to the other car, or that the other car might move your way, EVEN IF IT MAKES YOU LOSE SOME TIME...

Another one is that some people just have no sense of pace whatsover. I reckon we don't need more online training, the ones having trouble should go and do a ton of offline races, until they avoid hitting the AI, only then they can think about racing online. :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:28

Richard Wilks wrote:
I'm going to chip in and say that the main problem is that many people lack two things:
The ability to LIFT OF THE THROTTLE if you sense you are too close to the other car, or that the other car might move your way, EVEN IF IT MAKES YOU LOSE SOME TIME...

Another one is that some people just have no sense of pace whatsover. I reckon we don't need more online training, the ones having trouble should go and do a ton of offline races, until they avoid hitting the AI, only then they can think about racing online. :cowboy2:

Mr. Wilks, you are absolutely right, but again, if I didnt met mr. Le Pehive day or two before the race, and made a dosen of laps side by side, I wouldnt be aware of that facts you are talking about until race start, and I really feel very bed when I hit somebody, expecialy some of the aliens... and meeting Le Pehive was a mere coincidance.

Offline training with AI is a good start, but we all know it is not real enough becose of more reasons... for example, you wont find me or mr. Mello there, right?? geek (no offence mr. Melo please)

Loosing a position is another topic, and no practice nor training can improove that :hum:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:35

Next race is at Nazareth and it promises to be a wreck party unless people keep their cool.

As per your request, I will try to organize some collective training sessions once the server with that track is online, but as JP and Richard said, the driver's attitude is 99% of the outcome.

And TBH I believe that those who tend to attend such training sessions are usually also those who don't really need that change in attitude or additional training anyway ...

But we'll see :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 16:34

This idea worked great for the Indy 500 and a LOT of people showed.
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 16:37

Colletive draft too, Nazareth , very complicated and small oval. Small mistakes causes big recks, I run others leagues funny race but mutiple accdents.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 17:28

OK stay tuned and I will post a thread somewhen this week announcing practice sessions. Next sunday there is no race at HSO, we will see if it is possible to use the date to practice for Nazareth.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015 - 18:49

En ce qui me concerne, je me suis pris le supo de l'espace au 11eme tour (sur 250!). J'étais pourtant parti dernier pour éviter les crashs.
Marcus, j'ai du mal à comprendre. On était loin derrière, on a eu 2 bonnes secondes pour réagir et toi, tu rentres dans le paquet à 370 drunken . Faut que tu changes de dealer, Marcus Wink. Je plaisante, bien entendu, je t'adore.

:frank:

Frank, reviens !!!
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015 - 23:30

Merci / Many thanks to Vincent for his nice screens !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)    Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 11 - U.S. 500 (Sept 6th)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4