Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

gJED by Image Space Incorporated

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

gJED by Image Space Incorporated Empty
PostSubject: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015 - 18:50

This looks interesting from ISI, it should help with getting models into rF2. It is said to be available in around two weeks.
http://wiki.rfactor.net/index.php?title=GJED

Now available for download.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26205-gJED-feedback

Last edited by David Sabre on Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 20:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 11:54

I didn't understand if it replaces gmotor or it's a new "equivalent" to 3dsimed for rF2, but it looks good. :aie:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 12:30

From what I understand, it's a sort of viewer (there already is one for rF2), but one where you can edit the materials and stuff and see the result in realtime. Contrary to 3DSimEd, it shows the same thing you'll see ingame.
If you have a 3D model, mapped and everything, you won't need 3D Studio Max anymore to get that ingame.

Some people think it's the one thing needed for modding in rF2, but unless it's really powerful, I'm not expecting miracles in terms of content produced.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 13:30

I looks like it is similar to 3dsimed but only allows you to change the material settings for rF2. Hopefully ISI will support gJED and provide example settings for different types of materials and update the latest shaders when required.
With 3dsimed you are have to find what material settings are required by yourself and this can prove difficult because you have no idea what the material setting will look like until you install your mod in rF2.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 14:24

The best will be to get that as a plugin for 3ds Max, in order to get the famous WYSIWYG. :frank:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 15:04

I think that what they are trying to do is to get away from saying that you have to have 3dsMax2010 to be able to create content. gJED will allow you to create your models in any software package (that supports FBX or GMT format) and then load them into gJED to set the material properties. I hope that it imports both rF1 and rF2 GMTs.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep 2015 - 12:08

Download link in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gJED by Image Space Incorporated   gJED by Image Space Incorporated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gJED by Image Space Incorporated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Historic Simracing Organisation :: General Discussion :: Mods-
Jump to: