Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]

Go down 
+28
Philippe Martinelli
Didier Conjeaud
Alessio Campigotto
Greg Hunt
Mick Chapman
Petr Hlavac
James Knowles
Jacob Fredriksson
Guillaume Siebert
Matthias Weber
Jan Titz
Steve Parker
Pascal Le pihive
Frank Verplanken
Karel Marciniszyn
Roma Ljubchik
Mario Gassner
Gérard Ryon
Roberto Mello
Cláudio Augusto
Raul Jereb
Vincent Beretta
Claudio Navonne
finally gone :)
Lee Simpson
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 19:17

Présent. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 19:20

Quote :
I am headed to the zoo with the kids and will not be back to my computer until just prior to the race.

Bring the kids to our race, given what we saw at Vancouver this is going to be as good a zoo as any other Sleep
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 19:35

The server is up :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Cyril Derkir
Experienced Driver
Cyril Derkir

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2012-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:17

je me suis fait violemment shooté par l'arriere lors du drapeau jaune
le chauffard arrivait vraissemblablement beaucoup beaucoup trop vite
pas moyen de redemarrer le moteur
pale
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:21

Cyril Derkir wrote:
pale
C'est moi le fautif, j'ai pas vu que ça freinait si tôt, et le temps de réagir, c'était trop tard.:doh:
Je loupe 2 freinages par inattention, sut toi et Philippe Henrique.
Sorry guys, for these huge mistakes. I'm so confused. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:31

Too much caution laps... Im loosing my edge while drivin slow..
I need a driving school again scratch
Im disapointed.. I was really looking for some points tonight.. :hum:
There is always the next race, right?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:36

Can anyone explain to me why the engine dies when i only had a puncture? I have auto clutch on so that isn't an issue, Clipped the barrier, Only gave me a puncture, FL suspension was fine, FR had damage from people backing up in the hairpin on the restart, Hence the retirement reason being suspension. So all i got from my brush with the wall was a puncture, Yet the engine dies, My HD says the engine is 100% ok, No smoke from the engine or anything, But yet it died, Any reason?

Roll on another Oval or a Road Course, As im have s*** luck at these street courses, And its a shame because i love them.
Back to top Go down
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:49

i am so disappointed. was quite fast on this track in race mode and was able to follow yves and martin. but got a hit from the back and spun into the wall. then i tried to get back to the pits and hat to wait a really long time. was 1 lap behind the pack and laptimes were still ok. but then, i hit i think jan and car was really not easy to drive any more and after a full course yellow, lost it into the wall.

horrible start of the season for me :doh: . but will get on and try to finish once more.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:56

Quote :
My HD says the engine is 100% ok, No smoke from the engine or anything, But yet it died, Any reason?

If the car can't go forward the engine stalls even if you have auto clutch I believe. It accounts for slow speed or stopping, but not for the car being blocked by something IIRC.

Sad race again, even if I had a plan :cowboy:

Did not bother qualifying and raced on boost 1, hard tires and full tank waiting for the inevitable rampage, and it certainly paid off. After some yellows I had gone from last to 14, better than if I had qualified as normal :rigol:  And I was spared the terror of braking without knowing if I would be rammed from behind or simply blow away from the track by some turn 1 hero :hihi:

Unfortunately after some of the yellows and despite braking carefully it seems that either my tires were too cold or I did not press enough to compensate for my ill working brake pedal load cell scratch, and I clipped the wall. Entered pits for repairs but suspension was bent and car undriveable, so I quit before trying stupidly to hold on and end up causing another yellow. You remaining guys had already enough of those Rolling Eyes

Let's hope things can only get better :hum:

PD: I dont know why after Martin ordered the restart I found myself on the pits and had to start from there. Was confused if I had lost a lap but seems the game did not think so and I could join the rear of the pack and got no blue flags scratch The game got also confused many times with the car I should be following sometimes it jumped to another and I had to accelerate and overtake to get behind it, then it would tell me to brake because I was before the car I should be following  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 22:02

Richard Coxon wrote:
s*** luck at these street courses, And its a shame because i love them.

You said it all!
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 22:37

Blew the engine...ran max boost too long...but just happy to race today..

Just wanted to finish..but 90 minuts of uninterrupted racing while my dughter was away was a gift Very Happy

Hope to be there at the next round...
Back to top Go down
Cláudio Augusto
Club Driver

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 22:48

Car was surprisingly good with the baseline set, but when i went to pass someone, i just slightly hit the wall and the suspension definetely goes by (it was already a bit broked)

I want to apologize Gregoire, i don't know if it was my fault in the accident, but, on doubt, there it is.
Back to top Go down
Roma Ljubchik
Club Driver
Roma Ljubchik

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:01

I knew that it was my corner, but i didn't expect to hit it with my nose(((( Stupid mistake race over(

i like this cars)))
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:03

je ne m y fais vraiment pas a cette safety car , on vient tous pour passer un chouette moment et sur 1 h de course au moins 6 safety car ... je ne comprends pas ... 1 ou 2 ok mais au dela moi perso je commence a m ennuyer ce qui entraine que je me déconcentre etc etc .
concernant la course , en tete tout le temps jusqu a une erreur de deconcentration au freinage du 1 er virage ou je perds 6 places le temps de me remettre dans le bon sens , désole JP si je t ai un peu géné lors de mon retour en piste , il ne m a pas semblé mais si ce fut le cas désolé .
puis apres sur un dépassement , Claudio change de ligne en pleine zone de freinage et surpris je me décale violemment sur la droite et rentre trop vite dans le virage , et crash , j ai répare mais apres 120 s de pits , la voiture partait dans tous les sens a chaque accel , donc pour eviter un nouveau yellow je suis rentre gentiment abandonné a mon stand .

bon je m en fou , j ai quand meme eu mes 2 grands moments de courses ce soir avec Martin Smile  lors de 2 restarts ,
1er : il me double au restart , je me cale dans son aspiration , il se met a l inter , moi exter ,  on freine tres tard tout les 2 et j arrive a le décroiser dans le droite gauche .
2 eme : au restart d apres , il se cale dans mon aspi , je ne le vois plus dans mes retros on est a pleine vitesse de la on freine ultra tard cote a cote roues contre roues jusqu au milieu du virage , petit appui sur moi , mais ca c etait du tres grand , bravo  , je suis la pour ce genre de moments donc merci Martin :top:

vais je arriver a voir une fois le drapeau a damiers dans ce champ ? la est ma grande question ...

Last edited by Greg Goissen on Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:04

Déçu. Cette fois, on n'a pas attendu le 2eme virage du 1er tour, on m'a refait tout l'arriere avant même la ligne de départ. Incroyable.
Merci à tous ceux qui ont travaillé à l'organisation de cette course. Vivement la prochaine :conduit:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:06

[quote="Alberto Ibañez"]
Quote :
The game got also confused many times with the car I should be following sometimes it jumped to another and I had to accelerate and overtake to get behind it, then it would tell me to brake because I was before the car I should be following  Neutral

Beginning this race I told myself to ignore rFactor on this guidance and warnings, and just drive behind the guy in front of you at the time...
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:09

I will write a book "How to fucked up race! ..without making major error on track...".I was slow but ok on track and going up the grid the whole race...then I go to pit stop with "great" plan to finish the race on softs...during this for my brain really top class strategic move I somehow turn of the pit speed limiter...and than...I run through the pits cca two thousand times...then I realiez I have to go there when yellow is not on :-D problem was that even if i nearly enter the box..yellow fall again...so finaly it looks like regular bus line driven by open wheeler but without stopping on bus statin but only driving through. Finaly last green I have to go through...so all chances fucked up. I could be happy for 9th place...but how..if I can fight for lets say 5th Sad

so now you know one absolut stupid bus driver...
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:16

You looked really good on the track today, Karel.

I was cheering for you... :clap:
Back to top Go down
Cyril Derkir
Experienced Driver
Cyril Derkir

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2012-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:21

Ben Paulet wrote:
Cyril Derkir wrote:
pale
C'est moi le fautif, j'ai pas vu que ça freinait si tôt, et le temps de réagir, c'était trop tard.:doh:
Je loupe 2 freinages par inattention, sut toi et Philippe Henrique.
Sorry guys, for these huge mistakes. I'm so confused. Embarassed

Ah c'est donc toi le fautif Ben Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 1623587389
pas grave va on fera mieux la prochaine fois :frank:
merci à tous pour la soirée
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:28

James Knowles wrote:
You looked really good on the track today, Karel.

I was cheering for  you...  :clap:

Smile  This is my all time favourite track...one of the few where I am able to drive a few laps without accident even with a rocket like this...so, I have to find a different way how to fucked the race up, when I didnt wrecked the car by some stupid mistake :-D

Last edited by Karel Marciniszyn on Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:31

Results and replay up on the website. Standings updated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:39

A really great race I thought, at least for me.

Bad qualifying though, but Q never is my strong side. At once during the race I noticed that I was faster than most ahead of me. Was battling some cars at around lap 25 when I hit a piece of debris that gave me a puncture. In the right-hander after the back straight I managed to spin, and suddenly stood in the middle of the road with the traffic staring me in the face! But somehow, everyone managed to miss me, and I didn't hit the wall either! So after a pit stop, everything was fine, and could use my fresh tyres to great effect.

Then we had that wonderful long green flag phase, where I could climb up to 2nd place. Some great racing happened there, and peoples strategies were really interesting. I managed to time it so I only had to pit once where others had to pit twice, and so could concentrate on my own driving. But that last flurry of cautions made me vulnerable, as I had almost 40 laps on my tyres at the end. JP got me on the last restart, but I could save 3rd. A great result for Team Rahal!

:second:
:third:
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 23:57

@Richard : I saw a wheel fly. If it was yours, it's normal the engine died. The engine always dies when a rear wheel goes away.

@Matthias : thanks for the damage on the first corner of a 105 lap race Very Happy

@Lee : I know you had a damaged car, but your driving was... I don't know. And on one caution, you decided to go awfully slow - or maybe it was Gerard that didn't want to overtake scratch and we found ourselves 8 seconds behind the pack at the restart !

@Greg : disons que c'était la prudence qui m'a fait perdre du temps.

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
But that last flurry of cautions made me vulnerable, as I had almost 40 laps on my tyres at the end. JP got me on the last restart, but I could save 3rd. A great result for Team Rahal!

:second:
             :third:

Exactly the reverse of Vancouver ! I was in front, old tires, and the yellows helped you :jp: Great result for the team indeed :champ:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 0:22

Nope mate, Wasn't my wheel you saw. As I said before, Only damage that showed on my HUD was the puncture. No wheels missing that I saw.
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 0:29

Just saw the replay, and the only explanation I see is that you lost the engine because you took such a massive hit on the back. Curiously, Pascal escaped this one with minimal visible damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]   Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach  [March 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix of Long Beach [March 1st]
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next