Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]

Go down 
+30
Cláudio Augusto
Cyril Derkir
Philippe Martinelli
Mick Chapman
Stefan Maurischat
Matthias Weber
Petr Hlavac
James Knowles
Roma Ljubchik
Gérard Ryon
finally gone :)
Frank Verplanken
Mike Becnel
Yves Plaçais
Martin Rossi
Roy Schroten
Vincent Beretta
Samuli Leinonen
Austin Johnson
Karel Marciniszyn
Lee Simpson
Jacob Fredriksson
Pascal Le pihive
Steve Parker
Greg Hunt
Mario Gassner
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Raul Jereb
Martin Audran
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 23:49

A little problem with the export right now, but the standings are updated on the website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 23:57

Rocky came from dead last to win???

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Rocky Calabrese wrote:
:conduit:

This track is difficult!
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 23:58

Cláudio Augusto wrote:
First race here, great setup by Alberto (Thank you!), car was good and i was willing for a top 10 finish,
Thank you, Alberto !

Cláudio Augusto wrote:
but someone hit me in one of the restarts and the suspension broke down, leaving me walking Laughing .
It's Lee, i was just behind you !

Cláudio Augusto wrote:
the suspension broke down, leaving me walking Laughing .
Me too !
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 0:01

Can we get some drug testing done on Rocky and Austin lol!

There performances have been fantastic during the CART championship :top:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 0:12

This isnt racing. Its a battle royle who ever wrecks the most cars wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 1:40

What a crazy race! Started in the back because I was very late to the server. Worked my way through the field and up to 2nd, but ran over some debris and cut my left front tire. I wish the rFactor would throw yellows for debris all over the track. I brushed the wall after the cut and damaged the right front tire, but luckily only lost 1 lap while in the pits. I tried to work my way through the field again to unlap myself. I got my lap back after most of the leaders pitted and after another yellow. I worked my way through the field for a 3rd time, but with less and less cars after each yellow.

That was me on the inside of you, Jacob. I was trying to slow down, but we still touched wheel. Sorry you had worse damage. My right front got even more damage and the steering wheel was to the right more as well. But it was still drivable. Austin ran into trouble and Kevin and I battled. Sorry for pushing you into turn 1, Kevin. Very good save! It was yellow free until nearly the end. I stayed out as long as I could and only had to put about 2/3 of a tank in at my last stop. I was Kevin's car smoking and it finally blew up with less than 10 to go. I was a lap ahead of everyone, so I stayed out and didn't pit in order to stay in front on the restart. I just had to hold on and did to take the checkered flag.

3 for 3! Looking forward to Long Beach.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 9:33

The evening didn't start well. The game crashed during qualifying and I was moved back to 26th instead of 10-12th where I was supposed to start from. The failed start nearly caused me a heart attack... But after the restart I had a blast. That was some great racing! Unlike in Homestead, my car was really fast and nice to drive. Thank you for the setup, Alberto! I was moving up the field and after some 30 laps I found myself on 3rd position which is something I really didn't expect. Unfortunately, after another restart I exited T4 and became another victim of the inside wall. I'm a little disappointed, but at least this was a huge step up after Homestead, where I felt completely hopeless. Things should get only better from now on :-)
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 12:01

Steady race for me,kept out of trouble and no damage to the car,although i was in 4th at one stage when a yellow was thrown Richard coxon and everybody slowed except 4 people who flew past us UNDER YELLOW,so i then ended up 8th,this was lap 88 and rfactor did not correct the positions so this rule(From the time this Yellow Flag is thrown, overtaking is forbidden)was ignored,then to top that on green flag restart i got a stop n go for passing car infront before the line because they slowed down just before line,but apart from that i had trouble free run.
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 18:38

Pour la qualif, je restais sur le souvenir de la première course sur ovale de Homesteed où j'avais fait un tour de moins (mon compteur affichait alors 3/4 sur la liste à la fin des qualifications...). Je pensais donc faire une boucle de plus cette fois-çi... Je fus DQ (et déçu aussi Laughing )... Peu importe j'aurais pris le départ dans les deux dernières lignes, même avec une qualif effectuée normalement...

Mon seul but en course était de durer n'ayant pas assez de vitesse pour rivaliser avec qui que ce soit.

Après bien des difficultés pour effectuer un stop and go, puis un drive throug (en raison des drapeaux jaune qui s'enchaînaient), je me retrouve vers le 120ème tour, en 11ème position sans dégâts sur ma voiture. Autant dire inespéré pour moi...

C'est à ce moment-là que Austin, qui est en tête de la course, arrive derrière-moi... Drapeau bleu, je laisse l'intérieur de la piste, mais Austin reste près du mur extérieur... Alors je m'écarte vers l'intérieur pour le laisser passer, mais je ne le vois pas me dépasser, le virage arrive, je ne le vois toujours pas... Au milieu du virage on s'accroche malheureusement. Les deux voitures sont cassées, mais c'est plus embêtant pour lui que pour moi... On ne s'est pas compris, j'en suis désolé pour lui (sorry Austin!).

Y-a-t-il une régle différente sur ovale pour laisser passer, il me semble que laisser l'intérieur est préférable, car en laissant libre l'extérieur il faut que le lappé ralentisse beaucoup pour laisser la trajectoire au lappeur... et comme cela va très vite on risque de se retrouver au même niveau dans le virage, ce qui risque de mal se terminer, comme cela a été le cas pour moi et Austin... et si l'on ralenti brutalement, on devient dangereux pour d'autres voitures de derrière s'il y en a...Question
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 19:12

un petit bilan des neutralisations.

L1 : Crash de Raul

L11 : Crash de Mario (T4)

L20 : Crash de Mike (T4)

L33 : Crash de Roberto (T4)

L46 : Crash de Ben.

L59 : Crash de Petr (T4)

L70 : Crash de James

L76 : Crash de Greg

L83 : Crash de Stephan (T4)

L86 : Crash de Claudio, Lee et Yves au restart

L93 : Une roue folle sur la piste

L102 : Crash de Karel (T4)

L107 : Crash d'Alberto (back straight)

L195 : Panne moteur pour Kevin

Bon voilà, pour finir dans les points, il suffisait d'avoir une voiture qui sortait bien du T4.  Wink

A noter aussi qu'à la mi-course, il  manquait la moitié du plateau :urgence:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 21:31

Vincent Beretta wrote:

L1 : Crash de Raul

Putting salt to my open wound??? Heh?? :hum:
It was not a crash, it was car ECU Win blue screen on my dashboard :langue:
Unfortunately, those cars are not equiped with Ctrl+Alt+Del

Anyway, reading all this situations, maybe an internal regulation should be brought to daylight, and that is that right upon the yellow flag is being shown, we must slow down to PIT speed limit with PIT limiter, and maybe all of those rear end hits would be avoided...

There are some drivers that are overtaking right after yellows are shown, and, even sometimes situation is such that that cant be avoided (for example if in a middle of a position battle), some of those are using other drivers slowing down to gain few positions..

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 10:49

Vincent Beretta wrote:

Punaise c'est pas glorieux les gars.
Et puis quand je lis les résumés on dirait que les tours sous yellow sont limites aussi dangereux que les tours sous green, ça fait peur ... Ca demande juste un minimum de concentration et de bon sens les yellow.

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Tue 17 Feb 2015 - 11:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 10:58

Y'en a qui vont prendre une tong dans la tronche si vous continuez à énerver Gui comme ça :D !

Plus sérieusement je suis d'accord avec lui, surtout au niveau des incidents sous yellow... L'inexpérience et/ou les particularités de certains ovales peuvent sûrement en partie expliquer (sans pour autant les excuser) certains de ces incidents, mais bon comme de par hasard en lisant les résumés de course de Homestead, Vancouver et Motegi on retrouve souvent impliqués dans ces incidents des pilotes dont on sait qu'ils n'ont pas toujours un comportement irréprochable en piste, ovales ou pas... Evil or Very Mad Si ça continue, il faudra que ça cesse.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 11:21

C'est pas un problème d'ovale, puisque c'était le bazar à Vancouver, et vu la tronche du prochain circuit, ca sera pas mieux.
Le problème, c'est que certains pilotent comme en Touring Cars, mais sur ovale avec des monoplaces, forcément ca pose problème.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 11:32

Indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 11:37

Quote :
Alberto what situation it was? I had some problem with third car, similar situation, cut donw into apex of turn 4 and shaved from ouside or something like that...cant remember if it was that situation...

At lap 98 I was royally blocked at turn 3, so at lap 99 I stood on the outside to pass there. The blocking was so bad that he crossed in front of me and hit you (You were on my left), then he bounced to the right at turn exit and almost collected me (I was about to pass on the outside) forcing me to take evasive maneuver and glance the wall, bending my right rear suspension. That caused my spin at the backstraight after the race was restarted, as the car became uncontrollable. Two cars effectively taken out in a single turn Rolling Eyes

Anyway race is over and no sense getting again over it except for the lesson to be learned. If this serves to do it better next time, I consider the incident at least useful for something and not as bad.

See you at Long Beach bounce
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 14:32

pas terrible cette soiree a part mon départ ou j ai gagné une dizaine de places d un coup pas trop compris d ailleurs ,  et sur chaque restart ou en en moyenne 5 places de gagnées ,  je me suis meme retrouvé en tete deux fois... , ma course fut mauvaise , dans les 1 er tours je me suis fait tapé a 2 reprises a l arriere ( aileron et suspension arriere gauche jaune ) de la quasiment a chaque tour a la sortie des courbes je perdais le train arriere Neutral Neutral  affraid  
sous un drapeau jaune alors que je devais rester derriere un pilote ( me souviens plus qui ) Yves arrive un peu vite derriere ( il avait un tour d avance je pense ) et pour ne pas me percuter je suppose me dépasse par la droite , la moi pour pas qu il prenne une pénalité et moi aussi pour mauvais placement je lui repasse devant et c est a ce moment que je recois le message que je suis de nouveau mal placé et que je dois me remettre en fait derriere Yves scratch scratch Question le jeu ne fige pas les positions sous drapeaux jaunes ? , donc tres surpris quand meme car j etais devant lui$avant la neutralisation , je leve le pied pour le laisser passer et du a une incompréhension surement il vient s empaler sur moi et on se crash tous les deux , pneu arriere crevé et suspension plié je pit 120 s pour réparer mais en ressortant en fait la reparation de la suspension n a pas eu lieu et impossible d effleurer l accél sans partir en spin d ou mon drapeau jaune et abandon

bravo aux finisseurs
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 17:25

ok, Greg :drink:

Peut-être est-ce parce que je suis passé sur la ligne avant tu ne sortes de la pitlane que rfactor a considéré que je devais passer devant ?
Par contre, je n'ai pas du tout compris ta manoeuvre pour me refaire passer devant. :hum: :aie: et surpris par le fait que tu n'aies pas longé le mur jusqu'au ligne droite opposée pour revenir en piste.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 17:40

Still trying to get my skirt to stay down after Greg blew by at the race start lol! all I saw was a red flash from rear view mirror then to front.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 19:47

Yves Plaçais wrote:
ok, Greg :drink:

Peut-être est-ce parce que je suis passé sur la ligne avant tu ne sortes de la pitlane que rfactor a considéré que je devais passer devant ?
Par contre, je n'ai pas du tout compris ta manoeuvre pour me refaire passer devant.   :hum: :aie: et surpris par le fait que tu n'aies pas longé le mur jusqu'au ligne droite opposée pour revenir en piste.

Je n avais aucun souvenir de sortir des stands a ce moment la Yves . Je viens donc de visualiser le replay et je confirme bien que je ne sortais pas des stands ce tour la , de plus au vu du replay je ne comprends pas pourquoi tu me doubles sous safety car et drapeau jaune ? scratch tu arrives a vitesse constante et tu me passes ..... apres au vu du replay je commets une énorme erreur en voulant te laisser repasser je soulage l accél a l abord du V3 et voulant te laisser la voie libre sur tout l inter je mets un coup de volant vers la droite pour te laisser passer mais c est exactement a ce moment la que toi tu accéleres pour me passer par la droite donc enorme boulette de ma part et désolé pour celle ci Neutral mais je ne comprends toujours pas pourquoi a l origine de l action tu as voulu me dépasser alors que nous etions sous safety car .

a moins que le mod et le reglement autorise un lappage sous drapeau jaune et safety car ????
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 19:53

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Vincent Beretta wrote:

Punaise c'est pas glorieux les gars.
Et puis quand je lis les résumés on dirait que les tours sous yellow sont limites aussi dangereux que les tours sous green, ça fait peur ... Ca demande juste un minimum de concentration et de bon sens les yellow.

I think one issue with the yelllows is damned rFactor warning you "You are driving too slow"...

Is there a way in multiplayer file to turn off this warning, as well as any penalties associated with driving too slowly during the yellow?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 19:59

Quote :
damned rFactor warning you "You are driving too slow"...

That will only happen if you still havent crossed the start/finish line and reduce speed. Once the Sc is on track, everybody IN FRONT if it but BEFORE the start line must still race to the line -up from then you would get the message "You are too far away from the car you should be following"

What makes things confusing is that when a yellow is thrown you get from the spotter the message "Back it down" when you really shouldnt do that at all if you have not yet crossed the start/finish line. But as I could notice, some people actually do it and others dont, so confusing ensues and you get passed by speeding people who eventually are not being taken into account by the game when freezing the order (As Steve pointed out) because maybe the game is expecting you to race to the line or gets confused about it.

So as a rule, drive at normal racing speeds till you cross the line and then you can back it down (but not become a sitting duck) watching in the HUD where the SC and the pack are.

Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015 - 20:01

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
damned rFactor warning you "You are driving too slow"...

What makes things confusing is that when a yellow is thrown you get from the spotter the message "Back it down" when you really shouldnt do that at all if you have not yet crossed the start/finish line. But as I could notice, some people actually do it and others dont, so confusing ensues and you get passed by speeding people who eventually are not being taken into account by the game when freezing the order (As Steve pointed out) because maybe the game is expecting you to race to the line or gets confused about it.

So as a rule, drive at normal racing speeds till you cross the line and then you can back it down (but not become a sitting duck) watching in the HUD where the SC and the pack are.

"Race to to the flag" thanks for this reminder Alberto.... :clap:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2015 - 9:51

Greg Goissen wrote:
mais je ne comprends toujours pas pourquoi a l origine de l action tu as voulu me dépasser alors que nous etions sous safety car .

Bah, c'est bizarre, je m'appliquais juste à suivre celui que rfactor m'indiquait à ce moment (Claudio, me semble t-il) sans que le jeu tienne compte de toi, comme si tu étais invisible pour lui.
Je vais regarder le replay comme toi parce que là, je ne comprend plus rien du tout ! :D
Back to top Go down
Roma Ljubchik
Club Driver
Roma Ljubchik

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2015 - 20:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]   Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Indy Japan 300 [Feb 15th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next