Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]

Go down 
+42
Philippe Martinelli
Dave Miller
Roma Ljubchik
Brian Janik
Cyril Derkir
finally gone :)
Greg Hunt
Mateusz Wasiñski
Johan Gericke
Chris Tarboton
Mick Chapman
Pascal Le pihive
Jan Titz
Patrick Marucco
Gérard Ryon
Martin Audran
Raul Jereb
Steve Parker
Sergio Mengual
Jean-Marie Placais
Patrice Gibelin
Joshua Anderson
François Remmen
Carl Larrad
Claudio Navonne
Yannick Lampure
Mike Becnel
Joel Sixou
Dylan Canton
Jason White
Jacob Fredriksson
Antoine de Mautor
Vincent Beretta
Yves Plaçais
Richard Coxon
Alberto Ibañez
Timo Vermeersch
Jef Vannijlen
Glenn Corliss
Austin Johnson
Ricard Suanya
Frank Verplanken
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015 - 22:09

Timo Vermeersch wrote:

You can find it here https://intersectiondiaries.wordpress.com/category/goodies/1971-trans-am/

Timo i love it ,great job let's have more :champ:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 15:09

Carl Larrad wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

You can find it here https://intersectiondiaries.wordpress.com/category/goodies/1971-trans-am/

My goal is to try and make one for every race.

If you like them, would be great to get a like over at wordpress. drunken

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 15:14

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Carl Larrad wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

My goal is to try and make one for every race.

If you like them, would be great to get a like over at wordpress. drunken

Cheers,

Timo

I would actually love to see something like this for all events, could be even written by some admin after watching the replay and posted here in the forum... just an idea What a Face
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 15:53

We should then probably invent 48 hour days for the admins Cool .

Also, I think you get a more personal "been there" touch when it's done by someone who actually did the race.

That being said, if a driver in any of the other leagues wants to have a go, the reports can be put on the Intersection Diaries blog, so as to have one central place. If wanted, I can also do some text editing.

You have to calculate some 2.5 hours per page, re-reading and adapting etc included.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 15:55

Sorry Timo I had somehow missed your post and the relevant link. Good stuff indeed, well done :top: !

Our site does have this function of publishing news, and in the early years we tried to publish news as frequently as possible but it is a lot of work and the daily running of the league is already a huge work load in itself. Few people realise that the HSO concept of only staging real races and championships of the past requires much more work than a regular league saying "oh let's run the TCL cars on this set of tracks and with this scale of points". A lot of research, testing and preparation goes into each race - and we have an average of 110/120 races per year Twisted Evil .

In 2013 we had gathered a team of reporters formed of half a dozen or so HSO members, complete with a dedicated private sub-forum and all, but by April all had given up and we ended up having having 4-month old news on the front page of the site, so we buried the project altogether :smil20: .

I would not be against giving it another try, but it would take a lot of convincing before we would revive this aspect of the league. We would need a dedicated core of talented writers for starters, and those are hard to find, so really I don't see that happening in the near future :smil20: . Other than race reviews there are other forms of prose we could publish, such as interviews of members, reviews of new mods or tracks and such, but even those require some commitment and we rather have nothing at all than have the homepage of the site displaying the same text for months.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:00

Bummer... i would volunteer, but i already have so much to do Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:03

Maybe instead of a permanent section there could be an additional space/link on the races tab to a "Race report" or "Gallery" that allows storing any article/report/photo-shoot/video done for that particular race/championship by someone. The link would appear only when there is such a feature added for that race/championship/whatever and people could upload it with or without admin prior approving, depending on what you guys decide (Reviewing each thing could be a PITA) much like it is done withe setups.

Forgive my ignorance in everything related to web management, as I don't know if it causes too much trouble to add such thing to the web and forget it in such case. But since I have seen such features in other forums, I leave the suggestion here.

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:15

Yes Alberto that is a very good idea indeed, and would save us forever from the desperately sad vision of a news rotting up week after week on the homepage of the site Laughing . However due to the complexity of the site's code such modifications would require the intervention of a professional webmaster of Siebertian level, and as Gui absolutely does not have the time to do it I don't see that happening in the near future either. And if ever Gui would by miracle find the several hours required to do such work we would anyway urge him to devote said hours to more pressing matters re the site :D .
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:23

Well in a last resort thing, we might just have another forum topic for each event where people can write their own reviews or post their own pictures, be about their race, or the overall race. It would be funny to see something written as a sort of team press release Smile
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:30

Frank, how hard would it be to, on the section of the main page with the schedule of the season, have just one link? On Wordpress, I will organize all the reports as posts in one same category. And I can link to that category. Clicking that link then automatically sends you to a list of all the race reports posted, not just one. Maybe that could be an idea: just adding one link to Wordpress along the lines of "Race reports here" on the front page above the series schedule?

That being said, I think the thing is this: I do this because it's something I love doing. I enjoy writing these little pieces as much as the actual driving itself. And I also enjoy gradually learning how to set up my Wordpress-page etc.

And if then, you guys enjoy it, that only adds to the fun as it feels like I can actually give something back. (I have no skill whatever to make tracks, mods, or even a render, so it's about all I can give back.)

I also plan to make a short movie of every race to accompany the reports and that's were the work really starts. But again, I'm having heaps of fun doing it so ... as long as it lasts... let's enjoy it.

I would however avoid scenario's where it becomes something of an obligation or a strain. That's were the fun stops and when the fun stops, the result will never be the same. Just my 5 cents. study

Timo

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:31

@Alberto: we already have that kind of thing, but we don't use it very often pale

See here for example, the screenshots button : http://www.historicsimracing.org/index.php/fr/resultatscourse/730
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:53

Ah yes right, so very not often that I had completely forgotten about it Laughing :top:

As you can see in Martin's link there is room for some text under the screenshots, so I guess that's the best we can offer : kind of a comic strip thing with nice pics and a short text under each pic.

The best we can offer re a link Timo would be for instance in the schedule topic of each championship, adding a column which would display a link to the relevant Wordpress page for each race. But that wouldn't give you much exposure I'm afraid...

The site does hosts videos so if you make some we'll be happy to put them there of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:47

Frank Verplanken wrote:
The best we can offer re a link Timo would be for instance in the schedule topic of each championship, adding a column which would display a link to the relevant Wordpress page for each race. But that wouldn't give you much exposure I'm afraid...

Exposure is not an issue. As long as you guys find you're way, that's more than ok.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015 - 0:11

:top: OK we're a bit busy we other things these days but I'll try and do that soon, Timo Wink
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015 - 0:27

Frank Verplanken wrote:
:top: OK we're a bit busy we other things these days but I'll try and do that soon, Timo Wink

Don't worry Frank. Il n'y a vraiment pas le feu.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Jef Vannijlen
Club Driver
Jef Vannijlen

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015 - 20:20

Just enjoy it while u do it in your free time.
Dont feel obligated, its all for the fun.
There's always more motivation at the beginning then near the end.
And making a video each time is great but lots of work.
It would surely be appreciated, i know that for sure.

I might be making a video at the end of the season, but that means i should get started on it already, to much work to do all at once. Also need gigs of HD room. Because i am planning on doing 60 fps. Noooo!!!
Back to top Go down
https://s1344.photobucket.com/user/Jeeve79/slideshow/SimRacing
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:18

Je cours pas derrière.... quoique: geek
mon pilot sign ou du moins mes stats n ont pas bougés depuis limerock scratch
un podium et une victoire , :banane:   suis pas contre, surtout que ca devrait ne pas arriver si souvent  lol!
:top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:22

Ah oui merci de le signaler on va checker ça Wink Rappelle le moi en MP si j'oublie ^^
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2015 - 17:25

C'est juste que tu existes avec 2 noms dans notre base de données, Pascal Lepihive et Pascal Le Pihive, probablement parce que tous tes player rFactor n'ont pas le même nom.

Avec le site on peut fusionner les 2 pilotes et n'en garder qu'un, par contre il faut que tu utilises à chaque fois le même nom quand tu roules sinon un nouveau pilote sera créé sur le site et tes stats seront divisées entre ces 2 pilotes.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 23:03

I made very good progress on the LRP-movie today. With some luck, it should be up tomorrow.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015 - 23:21

Look forward to that :drink:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Movie out   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2015 - 21:39

Took me a bit longer than expected, but here it is: the short LRP-movie.

Hope you like it.

If you do, would be cool to get some likes on Youtube.

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2015 - 23:42

:top: Very nice
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 8:56

Nice :top: ! and i saw now that that my crash would have probably happened what ever i did (watching replays wasn't that clear from the camera angels i chose)
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2015 - 11:16

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Took me a bit longer than expected, but here it is: the short LRP-movie.

Hope you like it.

If you do, would be cool to get some likes on Youtube.

excellent Job Timo :clap: :clap: " hohohohohoh goissen is off is offf " hohohoh goissen is over is over " :D :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]   Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Lime Rock 200 [Feb 8]
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next