Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]

Go down 
+26
Petr Hlavac
Cyril Derkir
Pascal Le pihive
Steve Parker
James Knowles
Lee Simpson
Ben Paulet
Arturo Pereira
Mick Chapman
Greg Hunt
Gérard Ryon
Claudio Navonne
Samuli Leinonen
Mike Becnel
Vincent Beretta
Raul Jereb
Guillaume Siebert
finally gone :)
Yves Plaçais
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Karel Marciniszyn
Mario Gassner
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:24

After a nice sleep...
I was so stupit and taken away with fighting last 30mins... somehow I calculated I should have enough fuel, but it turned my mathematics missed big size. Im sorry for last yellow (JP), but at the moment I was so confused when car started to stop, and missed my braking point, missed all the corner-entering procedure and hit the wall... and it was like 10mins before the end :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

too bad, I think I could keep my 4th place... I really enjoyed this track and racing.. and those yellow flags, boy, those are so exhausting, it takes more concertration not to hit somebody then while driving full speed..

One more thing, zillion thanks to Yves, your setup made this driving as fun as possible.. I really dont know how to setup the car, never did, it just aint my area of interest, so, your setup helped a lot.. thank you again..

looking forward for next one, I hope with better final result.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:31

Samuli Leinonen wrote:
This was taking too long. Decided to DNF.

Officials were too easy on dem yellow flags. Suspect  

scratch

Did you read the race conditions?

90 laps or 2 hours... yellow or not you would have been on the track the same amount of time.

For those complaining about the yellows:

- We had 9 yellows when in reality they had 7.

- 6 of them were caused by single drivers crahsing themselves in the wall. None of them were caused directly by crashes during a restart.

- The Safety car sensibility is alright, when a driver did a spin by himself and restarded quickly, no yellows were thrown.

- Each yellow was caused by one of the following: heavy crash in a wall, multiple cars collisions, car parts on track (wheel, front wing). Every yellow we had was justified.

About the restart, there was way too much aggressiveness. Some drivers have to understand that you cannot push hard with cold tires. And especially they have to understand that there is no need to do it especially early in the race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:32

Félicitations aux finisseurs et au vainqueur évidemment.:top:

Course sympa, mais à l’arrache en ce qui me concerne.Embarassed
Toute la course avec une voiture pliée dès le deuxième tour (roues droites et nez) affraid :à vérifier
il me semble qu’AL UNSER ou du moins une MARLBORO m’a balancé une voiture dessus.Evil or Very Mad
Pression à 3 pour pas dépasser 4 litres au tour, 90 litres embarqués……prévu trois passages à 22 tours. Mauvaise stratégie : je passe au stand au tour 26 au lieu du 22 et repasse à 132 litres
vu le nombre de drapeaux jaunes et le temps écoulé (pour finir par devoir refueler à quelques tours de la fin……pffff). Voila comment perdre un tour d’entrée qui plus est en choisissant de ne pas réparer pour ne pas trop perdre.
Et deux tours après ….drapeau jaune… bilan tous les dingues en tête qui viennent de refueler dans mon aileron qu’il faut évidemment laisser repasser… :doh:

Pour moi ……les drapeaux jaunes font parties du règlement donc…….il faut gérer.

Gros gros boulot de stratégie sur ce championnat …..mais c’est le jeu.scratch

Question pour qui saurait : on peut se retrouver plus rapide en course que la voiture
que l’on vient de laisser passer sous drapeau bleu, est-il permis de la repasser sans être pénalisé?….suivant la stratégie de l’instant un tour peut être perdu …surtout sur anneaux…..ça peut couter très très cher.

Merci aux admins ……vraiment top !!!!   un régal ce mod.:banane:

en anglais dans le texte, mais à l'aide de  REVERSO,

Congratulations to the finishers and to the winner.

Nice running, but hastily as for me.
All the race with a car folded from the second laps (right wheels and nose):
It seems to me that AL UNSER or at least a MARLBORO rocked me a car above.
Pressure in 3 for step to overtake 4 liters in the tour, embarked 90 liters … planned three passages in 22 laps. Bad strategy: I pass in the pit in the lap 26 instead of 22 and hand on to 132 liters seen the number of yellow flags and the time past (finally refueling few laps before the end … pffff). Here is how to lose a lap easily besides by choosing not to repair for not lose too much.
And two laps after yellow flag and i saw in my rear all the aliens who just refueling and wanted to pass…

For me … the yellow flags are a part of the rules … .it needs to manage.

Big big job of strategy on this championship .. but it is the game.

Question for whom would know: we can find themselves faster in race than the car which we have just allowed to pass under blue flag, is it allowed to overtake it without being penalized? .
In the strategy of moment a lap can be especially lost on ovals ..
that can be very expensive.

Thanks to admins … really top!!!!
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:41

I personally had a good time on track, and with a good result Smile

I loved this track but I had a bad setup, so at the beginning of yesterday's free practice I decided to throw it away. I took Gui's setup from Portland, which was pretty good at Vancouver too.

I managed to be third on the grid. After the first part of the race, which was not the most interesting, I had a good fight with Raul and Jacob for the podium. When the fuel was not a problem anymore I was able to raise the boost to 3 to catch Jacob. I did it around two laps before he had to pit, after that I knew the second place was close.

I led the race for some laps but I never believed in my chances since Rocky was faster anyway.

Congrats Rocky and the few finishers Smile
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:44

Pascal Le pihive wrote:

Question pour qui saurait : on peut se retrouver plus rapide en course que la voiture
que l’on vient de laisser passer sous drapeau bleu, est-il permis de la repasser sans être pénalisé?….suivant la stratégie de l’instant un tour peut être perdu …surtout sur anneaux…..ça peut couter très très cher.

Oui tu peux, à condition d'être vraiment plus rapide Wink  Si tu es dans les mêmes chronos il faut rester derrière sauf si l'autre fait une erreur bien sûr Smile Ce que je veux dire c'est qu'il ne faut pas batailler pendant 3 tours pour le dépasser.

Tu ne sera de toute façon pas pénalisé par le jeu Arrow

Last edited by Martin Audran on Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:45

@ Raul : you don't have to apologize for causing a yellow for running out of fuel. Yellow flags are part of this kind of racing, sometimes they help, sometimes they kill a race :smil20:

@ Samuli, about what Martin said, by our calculations, this race under green flag would have lasted about 1H50. All the road course races should last at least 1H45. If you can do 1H45, you can do 2H.

@ Pascal : le drapeau bleu est là pour faire joli, il te dit juste que tu vas être lappé, mais pas que tu dois laisser passer. Pas de pénalité donc.
En vrai, c'était vaguement accepté que la dernière voiture dans le tour se batte pour pas laisser passer le leader, mais pour le reste, il me semble que c'est un peu moins bien accepté de se battre avec des pilotes qui ont un ou plusieurs tours en plus.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 15:24

Have in mind that this version of the track is oversized. Pole for us was 1:12, in reality they did 1:07 in the race
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 15:50

Quote :
All the race with a car folded from the second laps (right wheels and nose):
It seems to me that AL UNSER or at least a MARLBORO rocked me a car above.

You hit me from behind during the warm up lap, when we all were going at reduced speed. This also damaged my rear, which made my car progressively more undriveable (I made it worse later when glancing the wall while fighting with it). It is not a good idea to be directly behind the car you are following, if you had been on the right side of the track nothing would have happened. I was forced to reduce speed because Yves and JP did, but it wasnt any hard braking.

I don't think I shall take any responsability for your damage on that one :smil20:

(EDITED after watching the replay)

Last edited by Alberto Ibañez on Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:24

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
it is not a good idea -and not necessary- to go braking and accelerating widly to warm up the tires when the caution has just begun.

Please people! Learn this! It is NEVER a good idea to do that! In fact, it is idiotic to do this constantly!
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:42

si quelqu un peut me donner la raison du pourquoi j ai pris une pénalité parce que je suis rentré aux pits , et on a ete plusieurs a le faire apres le message " pits ouvert dans le tour du leader " ( j ai ete le seul pénalisé ... ) et pourquoi on ressortant RF m a demandé de me placer derriere Rossi et donc de laisser passer plusieurs pilotes qui étaient derriere moi dans les pits .... scratch scratch

sinon pour ma pénalité j ai pas pensé a cette histoire de l interdiction d effectuer une pénalité sous SC , je pense que Vincent a vu juste , j ai donc fait 2 passsges dans les stands sous YELLOW et le 3 eme sous vert mais je me suis crashé a l entree ....

well done all finishers
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:59

Simple. T'es rentré à fond de cale dans les stands, et t'as dépassé le Safety Car sous drapeau jaune.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 18:32

Résumé de ma course:Trois petit tours et puis carton. :D :urgence: sur les onze tours.
J'étais passer de 9 en 4ème position,et puis freinage tardif a la chicane, :grrr: voitures dans les pneus,roue arrachée,aileron envolé.Déçu,j'aimais bien se circuit.
Bravo aux podium et a tous les pilotes. :flag:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 18:42

Quote :
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
it is not a good idea -and not necessary- to go braking and accelerating widly to warm up the tires when the caution has just begun.

Please people! Learn this! It is NEVER a good idea to do that! In fact, it is idiotic to do this constantly!

I was not referring to Pascal when I wrote that, just to be clear: He didnt do that when he collided with me. But many people did that during the caution laps and it's no good.

Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 18:47

Pas finisseur mais classé...9ème, alors que sans mon étourderie je pouvais terminer 7ème traquillement Rolling Eyes

Dommage parce que il n'est pas sûr que je termine souvent dans les 12 premiers des courses de ce championnat, 4 points de plus auraient été les bienvenus.

J'avais bien mené ma barque durant toute la course, évitant les pièges des restarts et pitant au bons moments. Jusqu'au dernier drapeau jaune où je me suis déconcentré alors que je roulais vite pour rattraper Yves derrière lequel je devais me placer Laughing  (désolé pour le minable jeu-de-mot...Embarassed )... Alors que mon chat de bord me disait "to slow warning"... J'ai raté un freinage en 6ème et taper les pneus, pas très fort, mais en voulant repartir le plus vite possible j'ai cassé le moteur sur un surrégime... Idiot Mad

Heureusement que j'avais parcouru plus de 92% de la course pour être classé... Je m'en serais voulu autrement... J'avais pas mal préparé cette course sur ce circuit pas facile, même si c'était un plaisir, ce mod est très très sympa.

Bravo à Rocky et au podium :top:  et à tous les participants :top:  et merci HSO Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 19:04

Pas besoin de couvrir une certaine distance pour être classé et marquer des points dans les championnats américains Philou Wink
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 19:22

Sorry alberto to press on your rear wing Embarassed
I was myself in sight outside for few seconds to verify the state of my right wheels and i was surprised by your braking  scratch
and I confirm in .......
You pushed  Ives in my wheels, but in not important........ Twisted Evil
Like that we had both broken cars :drink:
it was Ives is especially who suffered but you are right we must be more attentive under yellow flags or in race :top:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 20:27

It's OK Pascal, the main damage I had was from my own driving error later, I should have known that the car wasn't 100% ready to go through the turn that fast. We'll get revanche on the next one :hello:

Sorry if I pushed Yves, I can't remember that scratch but I always let the drivers who I know that are faster pass me (Unless for some reason I am going as fast as them like having a better car).
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 20:41

It might have been on the first lap, going into the first chicane. Yves was rather slow / careful, and you tried to overtake on the right, except that Yves went slightly to the right too and you touched.
Yves spun into Pascal, and then Philippe collected Yves. First caution.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:00

Found it in the replay, yes Yves exited the turn very slow and I was overtaking him on the right side and Pascal on the left. Yves probably saw only Pascal and turned suddenly right --> into me. I didnt expect that but went through despite touching due to the speed I had already. As he steered or bounced left, he collected Pascal. Sorry that this happened, but I dont think it was my fault, just a racing incident. I never changed my line and it was Yves who steered into me (No doubt because he hadnt noticed me and was making room for Pascal) :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:05

For me it is hard to tell if somebody is too agresive and too nervous, since I dont know you quite well yet, even i saw some roughness in first corners after restarts, and I was too carefull and trying not to touch anybody, I lost few places every time.. but its racing, its eat or be eaten. I prefer to be eaten for the moment, cuz I know my own frustration when somebody knocks me out of the game, but again, it is part of racing..

Im completely confused with PIT opening regulations during caution laps. what does it mean the first opening for lead wehicles? is it possible to enter the pits in this occasion, or? What if I enter while PIT closed, some kind of penalty follows??

thanx
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:08

Pits open for lead lap vehicles means you can enter the pits if you are in the same lap as the leader. If you are a lapped car, you must wait another lap to go to pits or you get a penalty.

Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:11

First lap during caution, you are only allowed to pit if you are on the lead lap. If you are one or more laps down, you are not allowed to pit. Longest line or drive through penalty will follow if you do pit despite that.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:14

Oh, thanks, that makes sence in my head now.

One more thing, is there any possible penalty if not catching the car/driver you are suppose to follow during caution lap.. Few times yesterday a had a big gap between me and the car in front of me, and before that car reached pace car, I was driving very fast, and under stress becose of that f*&%#n massage which drove me mad for being penalised... "driving to slow" or whatever!!!

Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:30

@Raul:

1998 CART - Rules wrote:
When the Safety Car is out, you must keep a normal pace until you reach the the line of cars behind the SC. Otherwise you'll get a penalty. Same when you exit the pitlane under yellow, you have to be quick enough to rejoin the SC.

Wink

@Greg: je pense que JP à raison. Ou alors tu as dépassé la vitesse limite dans les stands mais ça m’étonnerai.

Je tacherai de refaire un récapitulatif de tout ce genre de détails qui n'apparaissent peut être pas dans le réglo (je ne pouvais pas penser à tout :aie: ) ou que j'ai découvert en course (ce sont mes premières courses avec le yellow sous rF) histoire que ce soit clair pour tout le monde.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Feb 2015 - 21:41

Martin Audran wrote:
@Raul:

1998 CART - Rules wrote:
When the Safety Car is out, you must keep a normal pace until you reach the the line of cars behind the SC. Otherwise you'll get a penalty. Same when you exit the pitlane under yellow, you have to be quick enough to rejoin the SC.

Wink

Well, I know the rules, but I dont know why "race direction" is warning me that I am too slow, and Im driving normal pace... that is what is confusing me. Do they know Im in normal pace, or do I have some pre-ordered period in which I must catch the tail..

well, I was not penalised, so it is nothing of big importance at the moment, but those messages are distractfull...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]   Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Vancouver Indy Grand Prix [Feb 1st]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next