Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another newbie

Go down 
+6
Richard Coxon
Frank Verplanken
Yves Plaçais
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Audran
Petr Hlavac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015 - 22:23

Hello,

let me introduce myself. I'm a 32 years old citizen of Czech Republic. I fell in love with sim racing at the age of 6 when I first tried the Grand Prix Circuit by Accolade and I've been racing ever since. The most important milestone was 2004 when unlimited internet connection has finally reached Eastern Europe and I took part in my first online race ever with GPL. Grand Prix Legens became my passion for some 5 years and I raced in both national GPL championship, and most importantly one of the best European GPL leagues, the famous EOLC. I managed to win some races and also won the 2005 Continental Cup which is still one of my most cherished accomplishments.

After GPL, it was time for another challenge. I've begun racing in the Czech rFactor league, occasionally driving  modern cars, but mostly took part in vintage F1 championships. We've done seasons 1955, 67, 71, 74, 79, 85 and 92. The older cars, the less aero and grip, the better for me. That's where my comfort zone is and these old beasts gave me a few Czech championship titles. However, the ongoing 1992 season has been rather good which gave me some confidence to give it a try and take part in 2015 CART season here at HSO.

The first time I saw a CART race was the "roval" in Rio de Janeiro 1996 and I've become a big fan immediately. I'm sure that CART 1996-1999 has been and will forever be the best motor racing on this planet. Although the glory days are long gone, I still love Indycar, the Indy 500 is THE highlight of each year and I hope that the series will somehow get back to its former glory.

If I'll be allowed to enter the CART grid here at HSO, I don't expect to be anywhere near the top. These cars are way too fast, there are way too many things I'm not familiar with (boost settings, pit stops, yellow flags, different tyre compounds, etc). However, it would be an honour just to race these glorious monsters along the best vintage simracers from all around the world and relive the times when I cheered for my heroes like Alex Zanardi, Greg Moore, Paul Tracy or Dario Franchitti. Looking forward to some great racing!

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:36; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015 - 22:38

Hi Petr and welcome here!

Nice introduction :top:

Didn't you took part to the 2008 GPL World Cup? :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:02

Welcome Petr cheers

Another fast driver, another place I lose :doh:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:05

Bienvenue Petr ! :hello:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:11

Indeed I remember your name from the 2008 World Cup Petr Smile Nice to have you on board :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:13

Hi Petr, Welcome to HSO :drink:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:45

Welcome among us. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:13

Welcome to Hso Petr .. Interesting read ,good to have you among us :drink:

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:14

Welcome to HSO !  :hello:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:15

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Indeed I remember your name from the 2008 World Cup Petr Smile Nice to have you on board :hello:
Frank i remember you lol!
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:18

Carl Larrad wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
I Remember You Frank , Nice to have you onboard ... :clap:

:rigol: :rigol:

Welcome friend  :drink: Does anyone have the replays of those GPL races it would be cool to watch them again.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 22:10

Carl Larrad wrote:
Frank i remember you lol!

lol! lol! :drink:

Yes indeed Austin we have all 2008 WC replays stored on the ftp Wink . Some truly epic stuff in there I tell ya :jp:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sponsored content

Another newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie    Another newbie  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another newbie
Page 1 of 1