Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]

Go down 
+38
Imre Bende
Lan Weingerl
Ben Paulet
Dave Miller
Michael Labelle
Jean-François Bovy
Stefan Maurischat
Sergio Mengual
Mario Gassner
Benni Steffen
Philippe Martinelli
Steve Parker
Jacob Fredriksson
Jean-louis Petillot
Ricard Suanya
Vadim Sadoshenko
Andrew Markowski
Gérard Ryon
Simon Wattman
Jan Titz
Jean-Marie Placais
Yves Plaçais
Daniel Gomez
Mick Chapman
Damian Baldi
Richard Coxon
Leo Menegucci
Guillaume Siebert
Marcelo Aiello
Matthew Allington
Balazs Kiss
Joel Sixou
Alessio Campigotto
Carl Larrad
Joshua Anderson
Austin Johnson
Jason White
Martin Audran
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:12

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Qualifying was a surprise getting it into the 3:04's, Race 1 was great with a fun battle with Ricard and Race 2 was a mess :doh: Got too close to Austin, tried to avoid contact and swung right too quickly. Threw the car into the wall and spun across into Martin, huge apology Martin :doh: :doh: So disappointed with myself :grrr:

Sorry alessio that was part me to, i was gonna let u by Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:16

Quali - Best lap hit by traffic... scratch

Heat 1 - Excellent getaway! :top: Then...

Braked too late for the first (proper) turn! Embarassed From then on, damage made life difficult, especially when holding off one of the 3.0 Porsches :aie:  Then my brakes gave up into Indianapolis and my front-right got caught in the fence Sad

Heat 2 - Quite possibly the most chaotic start I've ever witnessed in a league... :doh:
Admittedly, I was part of it too - I was caught out by how slow some of the cars were off the start and I took Svenja's wing off, then I looked in my wingmirror and saw her spinning round and oh..... pale
Avoided the carnage at turn two, then Steve blasted past with no rear wing! lol! Then I was caught out with how early he had to brake and had a very lucky escape myself. Then had another lucky escape (and another 3 positions in a flash!) at the Porsche curves, avoiding the remains of another collision! :drink:
After that, very quiet race, made positions as those ahead crashed. Very satisfied with 4th at the end of that heat :champ:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:18

Austin Johnson wrote:
Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Qualifying was a surprise getting it into the 3:04's, Race 1 was great with a fun battle with Ricard and Race 2 was a mess :doh: Got too close to Austin, tried to avoid contact and swung right too quickly. Threw the car into the wall and spun across into Martin, huge apology Martin :doh: :doh: So disappointed with myself :grrr:

Sorry alessio that was part me to, i was gonna let u by Embarassed

Np Austin, you held your line, I don't think you did anything wrong really
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:21

I think Matthew should be awarded a 1 race ban for displaying such Mad Horrible Music lol!
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:21

Results and replay are up on the website.

Overall standings here.

Sorry for the mess after the first qual, I don't know what happenned with the server scratch

I'm not happy about the starts crashes, especially in race 2 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 1623587389
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Richard Coxon wrote:
I think Matthew should be awarded a 1 race ban for displaying such Mad Horrible Music lol!

I agree with that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:23

Well I have to say that was the most enjoyable event I've done in quite some time, the car and track combo was always going to be good and a nice result for me made it even better Very Happy

Went for a very soft easy to drive setup, with a bit more downforce and even hard tires to make the car more predictable over the run. Lost a fair bit down the straight (was 'only' doing 206mph) but I could hold onto and catch most cars I saw in the Porsche curves. which was nice. the car felt really nice to me too.

First race survived the chaos and just kept pounding round for 8th.

Did the same in the second and got 6th

I know I didn't get that on pace but I had fun driving a great car on a great track

Thanks to all for a fun evening
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:24

Martin Audran wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

I agree with that Laughing

Hey!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:30

Dave Miller wrote:
Well I have to say that was the most enjoyable event I've done in quite some time, the car and track combo was always going to be good and a nice result for me made it even better Very Happy

Went for a very soft easy to drive setup, with a bit more downforce and even hard tires to make the car more predictable over the run.  Lost a fair bit down the straight (was 'only' doing 206mph) but I could hold onto and catch most cars I saw in the Porsche curves. which was nice.  the car felt really nice to me too.

I know I didn't get that on pace but I had fun driving a great car on a great track

Thats what its all about Dave Well Done :clap:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:32

Dave Miller wrote:

Went for a very soft easy to drive setup, with a bit more downforce and even hard tires to make the car more predictable over the run.  Lost a fair bit down the straight (was 'only' doing 206mph) but I could hold onto and catch most cars I saw in the Porsche curves. which was nice.  the car felt really nice to me too.

Nice 4th overall Dave!
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:34

Crikey I didn't realise I'd done that well Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ricard Suanya
Experienced Driver
Ricard Suanya

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:39

Great fun in both races. Very Happy
Qualifying went very well, considering that i had to do it with medium tyres because softs overheated too much. Lost pole in the very last minute to Alessio, who pulled a brilliant lap out of the bag.

Race 1 was a nice fight with Alessio from start to finish, we were very close, but when lapping Joshua, he spun, I couldn't avoid him and lost my front spoiler. I thought my race was over, but the car turned into a rocket on the straights, it was quite a bit slower in the corners, but overall my pace improved so I could eventually win the race. geek

Race 2 started with a great battle between Balazs, Alessio, Austin and me, with Martin just a bit behind. Alessio and Martin crashed first and after a while it was Balazs who slammed the wall, so only Austin and me remained in the fight until the end. My car was quite damaged from some small crashes, and trying to follow Austin I had a bigger crash in the penultimate lap, so I took it easy and finished second. Smile

Good fun, and thx Martin for the event. :top:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2014 - 23:43

Lightning speed congrats Ricard :champ:
Alessio did you swallow some nitrous
that Qualifying lap was insane :clap:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 3:04

Yea that was a great race! My first outing in these machines and i did better than i expected. Very Happy

First race was crazy, that first corner makes for a crazy start! I was just trying to keep pace with Alessio and Ricard they were blazing fast. Just tried too keep smooth so the tires would stay on the car and had some nice battles with Balazs. I was about 7 sec off the leaders on the last lap and the inevitable happend while pushing to hard in the esses, i spun a complete 360 and kept it going :aie: Luckily i was able to hold 3rd :top:

Second race was also a crazy one. There was some great battles up front!!! between all of us. That was awesome. Sorry again Alessio i looked at the replay i did move down a little but that was to only let you around. Couple guys crashed and before i could blink i was battling Ricard for first place. Eventually got around him with 2 laps left..... probably because he had some damage, then i just tried to keep it smooth for the remaining 2 laps and it was a success :banane:

Overall great race some minor hiccups but its racing right.These cars are really fun hope we can all get to race again :drink:

Thanks HSO for putting on another great race :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 9:50

Merci, Martin, pour ton dévouement  :chinois: , tu nous as fait passer une belle soirée !  :top:  :third:

Bon, t'aurais quand même pu éviter de sortir  :aie:  à mon poste dans la deuxième manche, en plus à l'endroit le plus craignos pour aller te chercher (c'est mon avatar qui t'a inspiré ? Laughing ), y' a pas pire ! Enfin, tu peux venir la chercher dans le sifflet un peu plus bas !
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 10:07

Martin Audran wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Don't forget race 2 guys Wink

Bah.... t'es la toi :bangry: :hihi:

Rentré trop tard et pas fait un tour d'entrainement Neutral
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:59

Race 1 went well for me,after getting through messy start had good battle with richard and Yves,was happy with 4th in end.2nd race was disaster,someone punted me off in first right hander at start which took my rear wing off,got going again and hit 222mph on mulsane straight affraid ,then clipped kerb which spun me into wall and race over.Well done to Ricard and Austin great wins :top:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 13:15

Haha Yves oui c’était pour te faire une dédicace que je m'y suis sorti aux deux courses :D Bon pour la deuxième je l'ai un peu cherché, j'avais une suspension cassée depuis le contact avec la voiture d'Alessio et j'ai voulu passer à la même vitesse qu'avec une voiture saine geek Bravo pour ta 3ème place au général!

@Gui: oui je m'en doute, je te taquinais :jp:
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 17:41

Thanks the organisation. It should be better, but I'm sick, and I had a hard headache so the concentrate to this cars was too much for me.
Grats Ricard, awesome speed. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 19:17

I made a short video from the R1. I would like to make from R2, but my fraps don't want to, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loArLO6H_0g
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 19:23

Nice short video Balazs. :top:
On which we can see a nice short cut from an yellow car. :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Stefan Maurischat
Club Driver
Stefan Maurischat

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 19:49

Very cool event! :clap:

But i never get a feeling for this crazy car, even after some practice... no way scratch So strategy was clear, floor it on the straights and try to get round that corners somehow :aie:

In Race 1 i could avoid all the crashes. At the end i managed to stay in front of Dave for many laps, well he had the slower car but it was good fun pulling away on the mulsanne and then try to stay in front at the corners :conduit: But then in the last lap some corners before finish i spun without any pressure Rolling Eyes and lost that place to Dave.

Race 2 again could avoid the crashes but after some overtaking i couldn't catch up the racers in front did some lonely laps and crashed at about lap 7, did a full lap to get to the pit for some duct tape :aie: but didn't work out so i had to retire.

So over all a very nice comeback to HSO, i'll be back! :spy:
Back to top Go down
Balazs Kiss
Club Driver
Balazs Kiss

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 21:44

Ben Paulet wrote:

lol!
I don't know that guy scratch

:langue: :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 22:15

Balazs Kiss wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

lol!
I don't know that guy scratch

:langue: :rigol:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 22:46

Balazs Kiss wrote:
I made a short video from the R1. I would like to make from R2, but my fraps don't want to, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loArLO6H_0g

Wow I hit that wall harder than I thought on lap 1. Thought I had collected someone else but I see I did not. Probably ruined 3 race seats though, mine not included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]   1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1986 Le Mans Sprint [October 26th]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next