Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Citizen

Go down 
+3
Guillaume Siebert
Greg Hunt
Ben Paulet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul 2014 - 12:15

A game who seems very promising, I cross the fingers.

It could be the game who will sign my retirement simracing. :frank:
But I have time, the release is not previous before 2016.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul 2014 - 12:53

mais c est quoi ce jeu de bof ????  :D :D 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 11:59

La présentation du jeu en français : Présentation Star Citizen
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 12:09

Dommage c'est un MMO, j'aime pas les MMO, y'a des gens dedans :D

Mass Effect 4 ça j'attends :D
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 12:37

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Dommage c'est un MMO, j'aime pas les MMO, y'a des gens dedans :D

Mass Effect 4 ça j'attends :D
C'est aussi un jeu avec une partie solo, le module squadron 42.  :langue:

"Une campagne solo intitulée Squadron 42, est également prévue. Cette campagne scénarisée sera aussi bien jouable en solo qu’en mode coopération, ce qui permettra à vos amis de venir vous prêter main-forte en tant qu’ailiers, ou au contraire vous mettre des bâtons dans les roues en incarnant les PNJ ennemis. Si vous êtes courageux et assez habile pour finir les 62 missions de la campagne solo, vous pourrez importer votre personnage dans le monde persistant de Star Citizen, celui-ci bénéficiant désormais du statut de Citoyen, puisqu’ayant accompli son service militaire."
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 13:03

Ah cool Smile

Moi je joue à ça en ce moment, c'est à peu près le même budget je pense.

Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 14:22

Un nouvel épisode de skyrim?  :hihi: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 19:37

I am one of the people that crowd sourced Star Citizen. The combat module is out now and playable. The multiplayer version of that is also live but only a few have invitations to it. Like Gui, I am not a massive MMO fan. I will play the Squadron 42 mission all the way through prior to playing anything online. Many friends of mine from University play also. One owns one of the massive ships that needs a crew to man the turrets. That will be very fun.

I think I am Tiger99 in the game.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2014 - 19:39

I found that in the forum of RSI :

"The Hornet is about 300,000 polys, and the Bengal Carrier is about 7.5 million. (The carrier's hanger alone was 2 million.) These numbers can, and probably will change, as we get closer to final production."

Wow, and what about graphic card needed. affraid scratch 
Poor xjr-15 with these 25000 polys.  :D 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2014 - 19:51

Ben Paulet wrote:
I found that in the forum of RSI :

"The Hornet is about 300,000 polys, and the Bengal Carrier is about 7.5 million. (The carrier's hanger alone was 2 million.) These numbers can, and probably will change, as we get closer to final production."

Wow, and what about graphic card needed. affraid scratch 
Poor xjr-15 with these 25000 polys.  :D 

I am pushing it with dual NVidia 770s and it screams.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2014 - 21:41

Just watched the video , Looks pretty cool ..  Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jul 2014 - 23:33

Graphics look amazing, great pilot animations, but whats the point? Do you just fly around?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 2:54

Austin Johnson wrote:
Graphics look amazing, great pilot animations, but whats the point? Do you just fly around?

Current release is the beta of the combat module. Very much a work in progress. Long term it will be a persistant univers mmo. Read the website intro. There will also be an offline version which is the main attraction for me.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 3:04

Mike Becnel wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

Current release is the beta of the combat module. Very much a work in progress. Long term it will be a persistant univers mmo. Read the website intro. There will also be an offline version which is the main attraction for me.

I mean i get it but are you gonna be able to land on planets and build a base and destroy people lol. Now if that was in the pitch vid i would already have it.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 11:46

Austin Johnson wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

I mean i get it but are you gonna be able to land on planets and build a base and destroy people lol. Now if that was in the pitch vid i would already have it.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/project-status
On this page, you can see the WIP for the differents modules. As you can see, there will be not only flying battles ships, but available FPS too, to visit planet (looking for new aliens races, plants, animals, extract minerals, etc...) too. Some ships very huge will need several people to drive, for using weapons, etc..
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 13:12

Austin Johnson wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

All of the above and more. The thing people are really getting excited about is the game generates new systems and jump points on its own. There can theoretically be areas where only a limited number of people are aware of therefor pirates can set up bases and jump all over the damn place and always have a safe hidey hole since nobody will know their return jump point. It is supposed to take days and days of travel to reach new jump points so once one is found, unless the "owner" publishes its location it could take a long time before it is discovered again.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 14:38

Oh yes, I would like to find and to name a jump point.  :banane: 
And add a tollbooth at the entry. :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 14:53

Mike Becnel wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:

All of the above and more. The thing people are really getting excited about is the game generates new systems and jump points on its own. There can theoretically be areas where only a limited number of people are aware of therefor pirates can set up bases and jump all over the damn place and always have a safe hidey hole since nobody will know their return jump point. It is supposed to take days and days of travel to reach new jump points so once one is found, unless the "owner" publishes its location it could take a long time before it is discovered again.

Ok im sold how do i get it lol. Is there pvp right now? And will a single gtx 770 4gb work?
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 18:47

If you can run Crysis 3, then it's ok. It's the same graphic engine, the cryengine 3

Some videos of WIP, ships ads :
Wiki Special Videos
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014 - 12:19

I read that the private server will be available too, and RSI encourages modding for that.  :hum: 
Mike, are you ok with schema, outline? We could work on the creating of a ship on 3ds max.  :antoine:
Not a big one with 1 miles in length, but a little ship of ~ 30 meters, seems me possible.
We can put a 'merican V8 inside, in order to not desorient you.  :D
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:15

Ben Paulet wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014 - 14:49

Ben Paulet wrote:
I read that the private server will be available too, and RSI encourages modding for that.  :hum: 
Mike, are you ok with schema, outline? We could work on the creating of a ship on 3ds max.  :antoine:
Not a big one with 1 miles in length, but a little ship of ~ 30 meters, seems me possible.

It must only turn left otherwise I will truly be lost in the cockpit. Please do not forget the chewing tobacco spittoon and the hitching post for my horse since I am in Texas.  :cowboy: 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014 - 19:09

Ok, I start to modelize an asymetric turn-left ship, with spittoon. But for the horse, I think we should do it in a frozen meal before the big start in space.  :D 
But maybe, as a good 'merican, you need a holster for your gun?  :D 
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014 - 20:40

You guys dont forget to spray paint a huge #3 on the side.  lol!  Im serious though  lol! 
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2014 - 20:51

I don't know how one could be a Dillon fan :hum: 

:hihi: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Citizen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Citizen   Star Citizen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Citizen
Page 1 of 1