Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours

Go down 
+33
finally gone :)
Mick Chapman
Maciej Pasnicki
Osni Kniess
Alexandre Kieffer
Thomas Roth
Laurent Binet
Cole Fainter
Gérard Ryon
Luca Franca
James Knowles
Guillaume Siebert
Jean-François Bovy
Ruben Freitas
Patrick Marucco
Austin Johnson
Philippe Martinelli
Ricard Suanya
Antoine de Mautor
Tiago Malafaya
Jens Kraft
David Jundt
Thomas Cazorla
Martin Audran
Greg Hunt
Yves Plaçais
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
Cyril Derkir
Ben Paulet
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 0:05

That was quick, merci HSO for the administration and organisation of the race  :chinois: 

Again amazing the guys that did it all by themselves  Shocked  :clap: 

Congrats Mick for the SCCA victory  :champ: 

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 0:14

Yes I second what Alberto said, Great organisation and race once again. Thank you  :top: 

Yes I agree JP, quite a few things could be improved on the track, But  :smil20:  Done with now, Onto Laguna!  :yaa: 
Back to top Go down
Maciej Pasnicki
Rookie
Maciej Pasnicki

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 1:51

It was my first 6h race solo because my teammate didn't come Sad. But im happy in to the finish and 3rd in general classification is great result  :cowboy2:  . Thanks all, thx admins, see you in next race.  :hello: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 4:29

study I think Ford should have 21 points in the constructor's points Ben  :regl: 

Cole and I squeaked in that last GT point but we were Found On Road Dead Ford.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 7:08

Bravo a tous. A ben et antoine pour leur incroyable victoire, a tous ceux qui ont conduit en solo. A tous ceux qui n'ont pas pu aller au bout.
Merci pour rfmonitor
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:14

Un grand bravo à tous  :clap: 

Moins de 13 secondes entre les 2 premières voitures apres 6 heures de course  Shocked 

Ben et Antoine devant Stephane et Alexandre qui gagnent le GTU
Maciej, Gerard, Frank et Mick qui terminent la course dans cet ordre apres avoir roulé les 6 heures en solo  :hello: 
Jan et Robert la 7eme voiture à terminer la course
....et à tous les participants  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 9:27

I'm so happy.
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 10:18

Ben Paulet wrote:
I'm so happy.

Calm down ! :jp: 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 11:21

JP Campmajo wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:
I'm so happy.

Calm down ! :jp: 
Euh...non, happy up plutôt. Ma première victoire overall :p
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 13:12

Well done  :champ: :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 14:22

A lot of things to say about my race, I had a great time  :top: 

I had been enrolling Ricard in my little Porsche, it was our second endurance race together after Sugo last year  :conduit:. We knew that our main rivals would be the #44 Porsche of Alexandre and Stéphane, they were really quick indeed  affraid and we were hoping for a good result overall  :antoine: 

I had to wave the green flag so I could follow the first few laps on the server  :cowboy: and it was bloody awesome !  drunken The fight for the lead in the GTU class between Ricard, Alex and Rocky, with Yves and Gérard being around in their bigger GTO cars was absolutely amazing ! Ricard was leading, then he collided with Ruben lapping him and Alex was through, but when he firsted pitted we were back in the lead ! A few laps later, however, he missed a gear in the pit straight and BOOM, engine gone, our race was over  :doh: 

I was obviously disapointed but when you enter an endurance event you know these kind of things are bound to happen sometimes, better luck next time for our wee Porsche (or will it be a Porsche again  :spy:)

So I was driveless, and remembered that my buddy Ben was on his own due to Greg's connection issues. I knew some hardcore drivers were planning on driving for 6 hours alone, but I wasn't sure about what Ben had in mind, so I offered him to join him for a few stints. Yeah, joining a car in the middle of a race is an IMSA thing, that's even how John Paul won the GTU title in the finale in 1981  Shocked  (although some say he had a gun and big suitcase full of banknotes to make sure he got the drive  Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 1623587389

Well, Ben agreed, and there I was in the car for a stint.  :conduit: I hadn't tried the Capri before, and I liked it alright, although it would get pretty tricky on worn tyres  :yaa: 

I took over the car in 4th place, one lap behind the GTU 911 of the French duo. I was 1-2s a lap faster than Stéphane thanks to my amazing straight line skills  :hihi: and I made it my objective to overtake them and give the car back to Ben with a good gap so we could beat them, but this task was made difficult by the fact that :

- These guys were really really fast  :clap: 

- My tyres burned really quickly due to an over-aggressive driving style  Embarassed 

- The Capri had to pit ever 33 lap while the Porsche could do 45+ laps on the fuel.

So I knew we would spend 1 minute more than them in the pits at least, but I had a faster car, amazing challenge.  :antoine: 

I never actually got to see their car on the track, but I did overtake it during a pit stop and gave it back to Ben with 55mns to go I think, and a 45s lead over the 911 now driven again by Alex. JP had crashed just behind me (saw you in my mirrors, I was afraid it was my fault for a moment, maybe it was a curse that said that nobody could overtake me yesterday, and you were about to do so  :papy:) so it was now a fight for 2nd place.

We were really really short on fuel, and we knew Ben would probably have to do a splash and dash before the end, losing us some 25s at least. Alex was a bit faster so the fight was really on  :aie: 

I was calculating fuel consumption every 5 laps to see if you could make it, and at some point Richard retired too  affraid we were now fighting for the win ! At some point I calculated that we might be able to finish the race without a splash and dash, but Ben had to really ease on the throttle to make the fuel last  pale 

The gap went from 45s to 12s in this last stint, eventually we made it !! And won this opening race  :first: Very very unexpected, and completely awesome  :banane: 

The gap was even thinner in the B-sedan class (3 seconds !), and I would like to congratulate every team that made it to the end (and all the other), especially Maciej, Gérard, Frank and Mick for their incredible and succesful solo effort !! You crazy mofos, well done !  :top: 

Now that I'm leading the overall standing much to my own surprise, I might consider a move to the GTO class (although I'm not sure I can afford it, but the Witthington bros, Doc Bundy and John Paul Sr all told me they might have a good investement plan for me, we'll see)  :hum: 

See y'all at Laguna  :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 17:20

Mike Becnel wrote:
 study I think Ford should have 21 points in the constructor's points Ben  :regl: 

Only the best car of each make scores at each race  :regl: It's the case for 98% of the constructors championships in motor racing and the IMSA was no exception :D
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 18:48

:clap: HSO pour l'organisation.
:clap: Ben,Antoine  :first: Stéphane,Alexandre :second: :first: 
:clap: A tous les participants.
:papy: Franchement,je ne pensais pas terminer les 6 heures .
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 19:54

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:

Only the best car of each make scores at each race  :regl: It's the case for 98% of the constructors championships in motor racing and the IMSA was no exception :D

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 20:04

Rentré bien trop tard de weekend. Sad Désolé de ne pas avoir prévenu.
Bravo à tous les finisseurs, surtout les solistes!  :hello: 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 20:12

Sorry I Could not make it  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 21:36

First thing, Thank you to all participants.  cheers 

Superbe journée pour moi, il serait dur de dire autre chose. D'abord en tant qu'organisateur, on a pas eu de soucis technique de serveur, il a tenu les 6 heures de la course.
Je suis navré pour Cyril et Mateusz qui ont été DQ au départ, mais on ne fait pas de restart à cause d'une méconnaissance de la procédure ou de la piste. Car avec une course de 6 heures à suivre, on ne peut se permettre les restarts.
Une autre chose regretable a été cet incident d'AI, qui a causé des dégâts.  Embarassed 
Le départ semble s'être bien passé au green green d'Antoine. Tout le monde a été prudent, apparemment dans les premiers tours, merci à tous.
Pour ma part, je prends donc le départ, en apprenant 15 mn avant que Greg ,mon partenaire, a des soucis avec sa connection internet, et ne peut donc pas faire la course. Il a bien tenté mais a été déco jsute avant la mise en grille. Depuis quelques jours, il avait des coupures sur rfactor donc on s'en doutait un peu que ça allait se passer sans lui, mais là, ça devenait réel. Je dois donc partir pour 6 heures, tout seul.
Tout se passe plutôt bien, je suis 4ème à mon premier ravitaillement. Puis 10-11 tours plus tard, je sors large au gauche en bas des "S", et je vais taper les petites barrières jaunes de JP  :jp: . J'ai beaucoup de mal à repartir, étant bloqué devant par le muret et derrière par ces barrières. J'arrive à m'en dépêtrer et je rentre réparer tout ça. Perte de temps inutile, je m'en veux, je passe en 12ème posittion.  Crying or Very sad 
Je repars, et au milieu de ce relais, la lumière.  :D 
La voix de Toinou sur TS, qui me propose de prendre un relais car ils ont cassé leur voiture. Et qu'il n'a pas eu le temps de piloter. J'accepte et lui passe le volant en 4ème position à la fin de mon relais. Pas mécontent de passer le volant, je commençais à avoir un coup de mou.
Il s'arrache comme un beau diable et remonte le tour de retard. Devant JP/Philou sont loin, très loin, tout comme Richard/Alberto. On joue alors le podium. il me laisse la voiture, pour la dernière heure, avec une bonne cinquantaine de secondes d'avance sur Steph et Alex. De son côté, JP va avoir l'excellente :hihi:mais regretable idée de casser sa voiture. C'est alors Richard/Alberto qui prennent en tête. On pense dans un premier temps que j'aurai besoin d'un arrêt, mais Antoine après moult calculs m'annonce que je peux aller au bout. Puis m'annonce, 5 minutes plus tard, que ça pourrait ne pas passer, alors je lève le pied.
Entre temps, je vois Richard, qui lui aussi aimerait voir une capri vainqueur  :hihi: , rester immobile, il semble avoir tapé au même endroit que JP et moi même plutôt. Puis le timer ne m'annonce plus ses temps, à 12 tours de l'arrivée je prends la tête. Merci Richard, très gentleman de ta part. J'arrive à tenir Alexandre à une distance respectable grâce à l'avance d'Antoine, et je finis, pour la première fois, une course en tête toutes catégories confondues.  :champ: 
J'étais donc super content de ma soirée, bien évidemment.  Very Happy 
Tout n'a pas été parfait, je pense au 2 DQ du départ, et de cette AI, mais j'espère bien encore améliorer l'organisation de ce championnat pour les prochaines épreuves, afin de limiter ce genre de déconvenue. :smil20: 
Bravo aux fous furieux de la pédales et du volant qui se sont auto  Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 1623587389 , pendant 6 heures. Respect les gars.  :chinois: 
Merci, encore, à tous d'être venus, et j'espère bien vous revoir pour le deuxième round à Laguna Seca.  :frank:

Last edited by Ben Paulet on Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 21:41

Carl Larrad wrote:
Sorry I Could not make it  Neutral 
No problem Carl, we understand.  :frank:
Thomas Cazorla wrote:
Rentré bien trop tard de weekend. :(Désolé de ne pas avoir prévenu.
Bravo à tous les finisseurs, surtout les solistes!  :hello:
Comme punition, tu as le choix : faire la prochaine ou tuer un bébé chat à mains nues.  :hihi: 
A la prochaine, j'espère.

For the english spoken, I'm sorry for the no translation, but I haven't english skills to make an extended text. It's already limit in french.  :D 
Back to top Go down
Sergio Mengual
Club Driver
Sergio Mengual

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 22:26

Thanks to the work of Staff for this tournament congratulate all participants and congratulate those who completed the race.
For me this was my 1st race in this house and the truth is that I had a great, hold everything I could but in the absence of 40 minutes to finish, I was having great with Jan Titz  :banane:  but carelessness led me to break the suspension and wheel click  :doh: , then could not help destroy the engine hit some yellow barriers hurts  geek  ...... so near the end, but for the next race will be there for this car is fun to wear.
Thanks to Maciej for the set I was fine  :hello: .

Greetings.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 22:52

J'oubliais, Toinou, si par hasard vous cassez encore votre Porsche, je t'attends ici, copain. Si ça se trouve, tu es mon gri-gri.  :D 
Back to top Go down
Cyril Derkir
Experienced Driver
Cyril Derkir

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2012-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2014 - 1:36

Ben Paulet wrote:
First thing, Thank you to all participants.  cheers 

Je suis navré pour Cyril et Mateusz qui ont été DQ au départ, mais on ne fait pas de restart à cause d'une méconnaissance de la procédure ou de la piste. Car avec une course de 6 heures à suivre, on ne peut se permettre les restarts.

oui Ben je sais bien qu'il est hors de question de restarter sinon apres tu restarte pour les problemes de connexion les carrambolages au depart et au 4e restart tu restart pour les autres qui se sont crashés parce qu'ils etaient plus concentrés et ya pas de raison qu'on restart pour intel puis pas pour etc.......
et on perd toute l'intensité du départ

en fait j'avais pas capté qu'on avait la mise en grille en plus du tour de formation et ça m'a un peu déconcentré
j'ai voulu faire un tour de chauffe en plus apres je me suis dit j'en profite pour fumer un peu puis j'ai vu mon moteur à seulement 60% j'ai repris une autre caisse il me restait plus que 20sec pour sortir des standes à 1 sec pres j'ai vu le feu rouge j'ai pilé puis appuyé sur escape
quand j'ai vu que j'avais pas encore eu de message de diqualification je me suis dit que c'etait bon et j'ai cliqué sur annulé et là c'était le drame drapeau noire  :aie: 
tant pis ce n'est que parti remise mais bon dommage car je pense que c'etait un des plus beau circuit de la saison
bravo à tout les finisseurs et respect aux solos  :chinois: 
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2014 - 12:11

After a small talk with my teammate Diogo today about his performance at the race
Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Mma_s_tuchscherer11_576

he reached a very constructive conclusion
Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 BeatUpGuy

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2014 - 12:26

lol! lol! lol! Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 1623587389 

You are a great teammate, above all you never put pressure on your partner  :rigol: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2014 - 12:40

You're lucky you escaped the small talk after Watkins Glen 1970  :D 
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan 2014 - 13:00

It didn't take long for that to come up :D 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours   Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - The Road Atlanta 6 hours
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next