Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schumacher in coma after ski accident

Go down 
+9
Ben Warren
Mike Becnel
Jens Kraft
Guillaume Siebert
Richard Coxon
Matthew Allington
Greg Hunt
Jason White
Peter Blom
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

Schumacher in coma after ski accident Empty
PostSubject: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 23:00

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/schumacher-39-coma-39-critical-ski-accident-214924430--ski.html
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 23:18

Doesn't sound very good  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 23:21

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  Sad  Sad  accroche toi Schumi , 15 ans de ma vie tous les week end
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 23:37

It doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of this man. The first time I tuned into Formula 1, the man winning, was Michael.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeSun 29 Dec 2013 - 23:40

Edited because of a stupid comment I made rashly after reading a few things others had posted elsewhere. (Not posted here)

God be with you Michael

Last edited by Richard Coxon on Mon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:00

Richard Coxon wrote:
If he does die, Praying he won't, But all the haters will turn into lovers, and will make me sick.......

That's one sick first reaction. Definitely not a fan of the driver but I'm not sure a few banging wheels count when the guy's in coma ...
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:05

Emotions get the better of people, but its not my 1st reaction at all.

But I apologise if I offended anyone.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:15

Even the haters have every right to wish that Schumi survives!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 0:18

They do.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 1:03

If any of you guys don't follow former F1 chief doctor Gary Hartstein on twitter (Former_F1doc) he posted some very interesting things regarding Schumi's injuries.

Also just read Olivier Panis tried to visit but got turned away by hospital authorities.
Back to top Go down
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 2:42

Well

for me i started liking the guy a lot, when i was a child and i didnt know what he is doing.
when i see today the footage after i can judge his driving more, i love his skills. stalling an aerofoil in eau rouge (ground effect rather) and pre countersteering, doing qualifying laps and domiinating kart trophies till today make one thing:

the heart smiling of a racer. u dream to be as fast as u can go, he was faster than people could imagine. f1 drivers spin in his setup, his first race is p6 and after la source he is in p5.

he truly is a real speed guy, also, or especially in the worst cars, smashing the lap record in the old ferrari.

i am a huge fan of him. i defended his bad deeds often, some of him were too much to defend them. he wanted to win a lot. if he hadnt had that "disease" of a 14hour high powering day, the first that professional driver ahd in that way, leaving the benetton and ferrari factory at last person, has created some loops in his mind: to win for more a cost than it is fair. all fair and also unfair measures. (but rarely)

i learned some lessons in life he learnt at the end and after his career. that lessons are important. and u see that he learned about losing, fairness and being unable to win. (u could win more speed in a 92 or 95 car than today, no matter what the car was, he could make it a winner).

he learnt to be caught in fate. like in the computer desgned merceds, after giving up computers design, the mercedes was a race winner this year. he developed it.

and many people in our society are caught. if u arent a star, u cant get free of it. having to work in bad conditions.
still he said to the state of germany: if u make no special tax deal with me, ill take the money elsewhere.

and thats as unfair as cheating. no one has the right to grow up in a state, benefoit from what society and people have achieved and then turn the back to it for profit reasons.

after all i write it to tell you i made one decision:

he is the star that made f1 racing different, my "hero" of racing, despite i considered others to be better till i was finally convinced later. but his life isnt worth more than the life of any other human. i find it a bit strange, that he gets his personal doctor flown in from paris, who could / is scheduled to operate there (and could help there otherwise).
i admire he charitied money, some millions though. and still:

tahts the risk of life, he took some risk, and i wish him all the best, but in the end we kill many thousand other people by doing what we like. extract our wealth by paying them less than a dollar per day.
many humans are in trouble, and i wish everyone the same "best", all humans are equal in the end, may fate take him where he is scheduled to, i hope he wont stay in coma.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 3:05

Oh crap that just ruined the holidays. I hope he pulls out of this.
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 12:06

A true hero of mine.

Admittedly I wasn't a 'fan' of him as a child, mainly because he was the guy constantly beating all the different British drivers I supported! But I always had the respect for him, and sheer amazement at the things he could do. Despite being only 8 years old at the time, I was in awe of his talent when he won in Barcelona 1996, his win for Ferrari, in what was a dogshit car at the time.

When he re-joined F1 with Mercedes in 2010, I found myself rooting for the guy so much, to the point I cared far more about how he performed than my current favourite driver, Lewis Hamilton. Even though I knew it was coming, I was still devastated when he retired for good in 2012, but that now pales into comparison when you see the current situation. Barely slept last night. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 12:20

Ben Warren wrote:
A true hero of mine.

Admittedly I wasn't a 'fan' of him as a child, mainly because he was the guy constantly beating all the different British drivers I supported! But I always had the respect for him, and sheer amazement at the things he could do. Despite being only 8 years old at the time, I was in awe of his talent when he won in Barcelona 1996, his win for Ferrari, in what was a dogshit car at the time.

When he re-joined F1 with Mercedes in 2010, I found myself rooting for the guy so much, to the point I cared far more about how he performed than my current favourite driver, Lewis Hamilton. Even though I knew it was coming, I was still devastated when he retired for good in 2012, but that now pales into comparison when you see the current situation. Barely slept last night. Sad

Was glad to wake up and not see a follow-up really bad headline. Any updates in Europe?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 12:52

Nothing major, Just the stuff that has been posted after this mornings press conference in France.

Followed him all my life, couldn't describe the happiness I felt when he returned to F1 and watching him win his 1st titles for Ferrari.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 12:52

So far he has had surgery and is induced coma, which apparently is the normal procedure after brain surgery. Doctor says there's for now no second surgery needed.

At the present situation his professional career and wether liked or hated is completely irrelevant. He's just a guy who has had a skying accident and fights for his life. I wish him well as much as to anyone else who fights for his life against any injury or illness.

We just seem to care more just because we knew him and his current situation is public, which is a normal human reaction. I would care the same and wish well to anyone in the same situation, and I think everyone here also does, no sense in talking about his personal/professional feats now.

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 22:53

I grew to become a Schumacher-Fan as I started to watch F1(self-consciously) around 1998, I had a news article about the season start and Schumacher VS Häkkinen tucked to the wall for quite a long time(although I believe that one was the start of '99).

I really hope he'll come out alright.

I've already lost Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Colin McRae, I don't want to lose another hero before his time has come  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeMon 30 Dec 2013 - 23:00

Based on everything I'm reading, it sounds like it could go either way at this point.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeTue 31 Dec 2013 - 12:38

Doctors treating Michael Schumacher report a 'slight improvement' in his condition
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeTue 31 Dec 2013 - 12:47

Ben Warren wrote:
Doctors treating Michael Schumacher report a 'slight improvement' in his condition
Come on Michael, you can do it!  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeTue 31 Dec 2013 - 16:07

tres leger mieux il semblerait , c est deja ca , aller on s accroche Schum !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeTue 31 Dec 2013 - 17:55

Not gonna pretend I found any heartfelt sympathy just because this guy was in the media for so long.

I do understand Richard´s first comment - its true and has nothing to do with wishing Michael S. anything bad.

Thats the unforseen and unpredictable nature of life - lesson here: Care for each other as long as our health condition is good - shit like this can happen to anybody on way to many occasions.

Lets hope this has a black or white ending - Can´t imagine him typing his words into a speaking computer like Hawkins  :slurp: after racing the best machines mankind has developed.

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeTue 31 Dec 2013 - 19:43

I think the doctors are being extremely professional with their outlook, given the pressure they are under.
Making predictions on the outcome would only fuel speculation and cause the family more grief.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeTue 31 Dec 2013 - 21:05

I Wish Him Well  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Jens Kraft
Experienced Driver
Jens Kraft

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jan 2014 - 2:55

I have followed the press conference in German and i have seen a reporter going to the place of incident:

There was a girl lying off track.
He went over to help her up. After that he rejoined the track, but before there were some 50cm high, round, dark brown stones. they were covered in snow. He drove through them, it wasnt steep, 10% to 20%. behind a little drop off he mustve hit a stone which was invisible, the reporter had taken a camera with him. at that place he lifted up with his ski-s and hit a stone with the head.
he was conscious and wondering what happened. but then it all got more and more critical (maybe because of the bleeding inside the head) and the heli had to land whilst bringing him to the hospital becuase his circulation collapsed.

when he was in hospital it was alraedy a long time the high pressure in the brain/on the brain and leaving it without blood/oxygen.

the two damages have been operated but they dont know what parts of the brain has died/ not recoverable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schumacher in coma after ski accident   Schumacher in coma after ski accident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Schumacher in coma after ski accident
Page 1 of 1