Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)

Go down 
+5
Ben Paulet
Frank Verplanken
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Empty
PostSubject: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2013 - 14:35

1974 SCCA National Championship

1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Affiche%20SCCA%20copiezag%20copie2

Historic GT & TC Mod

For this series we will use a specially made HSO add-on to the 1.95 version of the Historic GT&TC mod by the HistoriX mod team. Thanks again to Alberto Ibanez who created the HSO add-on :chinois:.

--> DOWNLOAD MOD part 1<--
--> DOWNLOAD MOD part 2<--
--> PATCH 1.95 <--
--> HSO 1974 IMSA-SCCA ADD-ON (patched 01-17-2014) <--

If you already have a standard HGT 1.95 installation you only need to download the HSO add-on. It will only add a carset to your installation and will not give you mismatches if you race elsewhere with the standard HGT 1.95 mod. You will need to select the HSO IMSA-SCCA-1974 carset in the player selection, where it is listed as a different mod from the standard HGT 1.95 one.

Note the Add-on was updated 12-26-2013. Please reinstall if you have a version prior to 12-26-2013. New version is 1.02.

Car Selection

The field is divided in two performance classes for sedans, for a total of 11 different cars :

A-Sedans (5,000cc) : AMC Javelin, Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Plymouth Barracuda, Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am
B-Sedans (3,000cc) : ALFA-Romeo 2000 GTAm, BMW 2800 CS, BMW 2002 Ti, Ford Capri RS 2600, Porsche 914/6 GT

The two classes will run concurrently in all of the SCCA races, therefore each driver is limited to one car for the season.

Car choice is fixed for the year. Changing of cars during the course of the championship will be tolerated under exceptionnal circumstances only.

If a driver should be absent at a given race, his car will not be made available for another driver for this particular race.
A driver missing two races in a row without any explanation on the forum, will have his car freed and made available for someone else to book.

Championship Rules

Two different drivers' championships will be held : one for each of the two classes of cars eligible.
In the spirit of the SCCA championship, the points championships based on the regular season races will be used only to determine the list of drivers invited to the American Road Race of Champions, the one-off race in which the titles in each class will be decided.

SCCA Championship points will also be obtainable in the six Enduro races part of the season's schedule. Only SCCA cars will be eligible to score SCCA points in those races, and they will score points towards the IMSA series.

Points System

At each race, this first ten classified drivers of each class will get the following points : 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1

A double round of points will be awarded at Enduro races : 40-30-24-20-16-12-8-6-4-2.

All the starters of a race will be classified, whether they finished the race or not, and will be eligible for championship points.

All results will count at the end of the regular season (no dropped scores).

The first 20 drivers in the final points standings of each class qualify for the ARRC finals to be held in Road Atlanta on December 7th.

Race Schedule

All of the season's races will be held on Sunday nights, on a weekly basis.

Each SCCA race meeting will feature a timed 1-hour race.

These times are CST (US Central Standard Time)

18:30 – Qualifying
19:30 – Warm-up and drivers’ briefing
19:40 – Race start

Race server password : hso74

Starts will be given standing on the grid, after one formation lap.

Training Server

A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently. Password : hso74

Race Start Procedure

--> Reconnaissance Laps <--

Behaviour on track

A few behaviour rules :

- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.

- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.

- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.

Application and Interpretation of the Regulations

HSO admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sat 22 Feb 2014 - 19:30; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeThu 26 Dec 2013 - 23:36

Patch uploaded 12-26-2013. See above.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 14:38

Going to sound really bad, But can i start my car (Javelin) In the 6 hour race (Or get someone else to start it) And then retire the car after 1 or 2 laps. that way i will still get the points as it says i will be eligible for points even if i don't finish

Just wanted to ask, Just its not really sporting. Just an option to keep me in the hunt for the SCCA championship, As i am hoping to do the full season, Even though it means very late Sunday night's at times.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 14:52

CHEATER

Burn him  1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) 1623587389 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 15:10

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
CHEATER

Burn him  1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) 1623587389 

lol!  Ok, i wont execute that plan!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:05

But if the admins allow you, I will drive my Cuda while I hand the Pontiac to Mike  :spy: 
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:10

Well you have to at least cover a lap in the car to get points anyway. Plus considering the rules of the SCCA championship, you really don't need that to have a shot at the title : with the regular season races being just a qualifying tournament deciding who will participate in the season finale, my guess is that you'll just need to score a handful of results to get a ticket for the ARRC finals.

Having said that it can be a good idea for a team of two drivers to start two cars in Road Atlanta. This way if one of the two has a problem in the early stages of the race, the team will still have the second one as a backup. This strategy was often used in real races at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:14

So is it whoever win's the final is the champion?

And didnt think i could have just 2 drivers, Would need 3, As you cannot swap drivers if for example Driver A is in the Porsche and Driver B is in the Javelin at the same time if the lead car didn't run into trouble.

But if its the case that its only the final that matters i wont field the car in the enduro's.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:17

The idea of starting two cars with two drivers is to have one as a backup if the other has a problem (crash, disco) in the first laps of the race. After 10 or 20 or xx laps the backup car has to be retired if the primary car is still running, if only to allow the driver of the backup car to get ready to take the wheel of the primary one Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:20

Ok we'll its something i'll have to discuss with Carl, But for obvious reason's, Now isn't the best time.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:31

Quote :
Well you have to at least cover a lap in the car to get points anyway. Plus considering the rules of the SCCA championship, you really don't need that to have a shot at the title : with the regular season races being just a qualifying tournament deciding who will participate in the season finale, my guess is that you'll just need to score a handful of results to get a ticket for the ARRC finals.

Having said that it can be a good idea for a team of two drivers to start two cars in Road Atlanta. This way if one of the two has a problem in the early stages of the race, the team will still have the second one as a backup. This strategy was often used in real races at the time.

Well I could start the race on the Cuda and Mike on the Firebird for two laps, then park the car in the garage or "accidentally" overrev it and destroy the engine  Wink and jump to Mike's car at the end of his first stint.

We will in the end relay on the sportsmanship of the HSO members, because if this is going to become (Much as in real life sometimes  :hihi: ) a matter of finding loopholes in the rules, then I must say that I have a degree in laws and make my regular living out of it (With quite a lot of success) and I can about turn any average admin crazy with legal questions. You know, I'm not an alien at racing, but sure as hell I'm one when it comes to laws  :spy: But we're here for the fun of it, and if this turns into another legal competition then I have enough of that in my real life job so I will go instead killing martians in a MMOG  :bangry: 

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 16:45

So if HSO ever need's a legal representative we know where to come  :hihi:   :top:  Or couldn't we afford you  :rigol: 

I knew what i proposed wasn't very sporting, That's why i asked if people would have a problem with it. I just thought i would need to do it to have a shot of the title as i didn't realise qualifying for the end of year ARRC Final's race was as important as it is, So as Frank said, Doesnt matter if i don't score points in all races.

But anyway, Wont be doing it now as i'm fully commited to Porsche for the IMSA series and that include's the Endurance races.

AMC will have to make do with me just at the SCCA races, Which by the way i cannot wait for tomorrow night. Should be a good battle with the other Sedan A cars  :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 19:45

Frank Verplanken wrote:
The idea of starting two cars with two drivers is to have one as a backup if the other has a problem (crash, disco) in the first laps of the race. After 10 or 20 or xx laps the backup car has to be retired if the primary car is still running, if only to allow the driver of the backup car to get ready to take the wheel of the primary one Wink.
Indeed, for Road Atlanta, Greg and me will start with our both capri, and after some laps, one will be let in the pitstop. :frank: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014 - 21:43

All comments perfectly legal. Make a lap and you're there.

Frank's comments are true, the final race is the biggy but bragging rights go MUCH further for the whole season.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 1:41

Guys im having a brain fart lol.  scratch  so in the last race is it the top 20 from both imsa and scca or combined 20 of both series.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 2:29

Just the SCCA.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 4:31

Ok sry my brain was going crazy reading the other posts  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 5:56

Correct, top 20 of SCCA.

Remember, the IMSA endurance races are also SCCA endurance races. Double points are scored in the endurance races.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 7:28

So how does the teammate thing work? How do you switch drivers?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 7:54

Driver swap procedure for rFactor here.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 10:05

Quote :

Ah, so we're playing like that?

Good to know.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014 - 19:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :

Ah, so we're playing like that?

Good to know.

Expect a change by enduro race 2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 13:51

What is the situation with the last round (AARC) round?

.....and, any suggestions how I can score points in both Championships(IMSA/SCCA) when the two grids are combined? I know I score IMSA points as well as SCCA points just by using the SCCA car. But I have been thinking about ebtering my IMSA GTO Porsche to try and get more points in IMSA as well.
As far as I can make out, as long as I do at least one lap in each car, I will be awarded points in both assuming both finish in point scoring positions)

I noticed, at the official Road Atlanta 6 hour race, there were many problems with driver change overs, and Rogue cars taken over my the "virtual AI dimension" Was this due to driver error or is there a risk/lottery doing driver swaps?

If this will take more than 1,001 words to explain, spare yourselves the effort Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 14:20

Quote :
I know I score IMSA points as well as SCCA points just by using the SCCA car. But I have been thinking about ebtering my IMSA GTO Porsche to try and get more points in IMSA as well.
As far as I can make out, as long as I do at least one lap in each car, I will be awarded points in both assuming both finish in point scoring positions)

If I understood the rules correctly, to score more points in IMSA you could book an IMSA car on their championship and run both that one and your SCCA car at the IMSA enduros, partnering with someone. Theoretically it should work with just two drivers, in reality due to rFactor constraints you will need three.

So for example you (Driver A) would start the race on your SCCA Capri and Driver B would start the race on your Porsche IMSA GTO. Then at the end of your stint you give the car to Driver C, who is waiting on the pits and resumes the race on the Capri, and you stay there till Driver B comes in with the Porsche and you pick it.

The idea is to run two cars between three drivers, one IMSA and one SCCA car.

Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jan 2014 - 14:26

Yeah 3 drivers for two cars is quite common and allows to drive both cars all the way, it is pretty good I've done several times  :top: 

As far as driver changes are concerned, I never any problem with them in 10+ races, but apparently what you need to do when doing one with this mod is join the server just before you take over the car, and when you join you immeditaly start the procedure of riding with your teamate. Then he pits, you get the car and you're fine  :hello: 
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)   1974 SCCA - Rules (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1974 SCCA - Rules (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next