Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals Nation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 12:09

Voici un lien pour une pétition visant à changer le statut de l'animal dans le code civil. Celui-ci considère encore les animaux comme des « biens meubles », au même titre qu’une armoire ou une chaise. Evil or Very Mad 
http://www.30millionsdamis.fr/agir-pour-les-animaux/petitions/signer-petition/pour-un-nouveau-statut-juridique-de-lanimal-22.html
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 14:43

With due respect, as a jurist I find this petition quite nonesense and ignoring of some basics of the "droit"

The fact that animals are classified among objects relates, among other things, to the fact that they can have an owner. We do establish relations of ownship with animals, they can be ours and what is more important, our responsability. You can't put animals together with persons as different categories of a same thing and then go on saying that animals have owners, because that is more or less like reviving slavery.

This has nothing to do with the fact that animals do have feelings and that the law can, and shall protect them from abusing owners. But that is a matter that has nothing to do with how they are classified from the ownship relationship's point of view.

As an animal loving person (I really love dogs and birds especially) I support any measure that protects them (There is in the criminal code a punishment for mishandling them, for example), but as a jurist I know that there are logical limits to what you can do without causing contradictions and malfunctions in the legal system. The legal system is not isolated, it's a whole. You can't change essential parts like this without side effects.

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 16:53

Big time animal lover here. Get madder when someone hurts an animal more than sometimes when someone hurts a person. The person could shoot back if they prepared themselves. Animals cannot.

But...love wearing my leather belt, leather car seats, leather shoes and the steak I ate a few days ago. Chicken yesterday and whatever Mc Donalds puts in a cheeseburger.

What does the site say basically? All French and no conversion button.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 20:52

It is a petition for a modification in the civil law code, so that animals are in the same book as persons (Albeit in a different section, of course). The idea is to group beings with feelings.

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 21:25

Oh wow, lawyer heaven.

"Your honor my client has 9 lives and must be compensated for each..."
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 21:39

LMAO good one lol! 

Yeah, basically making animals legally analog to humans, at least in some aspects, creates lots of problems. Then there's the problem of where do you stop. Are bugs and critters to be included in that code? Coral? Spounges? Why not trees -we know there are reactions in their interior to "agressions", analog to what you would call "pain" in an animal.

The civil code is just a code about civil laws, it is intended to define what persons, family, property and heritage mean in the world of the civil law. Animals fit there when considered from the property point of view; when looking at them from a "sentimental" and "feelings" point of view, they are better protected in special laws (And there are some of them in many countries), because a civil code never was meant to "protect" that part of any being.

I also would shot many persons but think twice before shooting an animal, but my degree in laws precludes considering them anything more (Or less!) that what they arte in the world of civil law.

Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013 - 21:46

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Oct 2013 - 0:18

LOL, I need not even click. I know that episode well.

I am glad to say in the US if you abuse animals you get hammered. The laws are very strict. The news this evening mentioned there will be some new regulations on pet food. Seems the Chinese are sending over treats that are pretty much poison due to their horrible packaging. Something in the plastic causes a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeSat 26 Oct 2013 - 11:52

Mike Becnel wrote:
. Something in the plastic causes a reaction.
The plastic from oil. :hihi: 

In the french law, animals are considered for the law like a table, or a chair. They are devoid from feelings. When I look my cats, I can't believe that.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013 - 13:24

Ben Paulet wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
. Something in the plastic causes a reaction.
The plastic from oil. :hihi: 

In the french law, animals are considered for the law like a table, or a chair. They are devoid from feelings. When I look my cats, I can't believe that.
There is an additive the Chinese are adding to the plastic. Probably a releasing agent for the molds that they did not wash out.

French law is stupid if they treat animals that mundanely. Take my chair? I kill you (said like Jeff Dunham's Achmed the Dead Terrorist). Hurt my cats or dogs? I kill you slow and take pictures of the facial expressions.

Just be aware if the law is written poorly it will be nothing more than a lawyer industry retirement insurance package.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013 - 15:33

Quote :
In the french law, animals are considered for the law like a table, or a chair
I don't think that this is the whole thing. Doesn't the french law punish mishandling animals?

As I said, the civil code just regulates property, and like you said

When I look my cats

they are YOUR cats, a property of yours. That is why they are made analog to a chair and table, YOUR chair and table. You can legally BUY a cat, you can't buy a person. You can OWN a cat, you can't own a person.

Of course they have feelings, but the civil code regulates that you can own them, otherwise you would not be able to. Take them out from the property category and put them with persons, and you no longer will be able to buy a cat or own one Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitimeFri 1 Nov 2013 - 10:17

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
In the french law, animals are considered for the law like a table, or a chair
I don't think that this is the whole thing. Doesn't the french law punish mishandling animals?

As I said, the civil code just regulates property, and like you said

When I look my cats

they are YOUR cats, a property of yours. That is why they are made analog to a chair and table, YOUR chair and table. You can legally BUY a cat, you can't buy a person. You can OWN a cat, you can't own a person.

Of course they have feelings, but the civil code regulates that you can own them, otherwise you would not be able to. Take them out from the property category and put them with persons, and you no longer will be able to buy a cat or own one Neutral 
I say my cats as you can say my wife. Do you own your wife? You can still sadly buy a person too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animals Nation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals Nation   Animals Nation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals Nation
Page 1 of 1