Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]

Go down 
+15
Yannick Lampure
Carl Larrad
Jonatan Acerclinth
Samuli Leinonen
Philippe Martinelli
Ben Paulet
Vincent Beretta
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
Leo Menegucci
Richard Coxon
Mike Becnel
David Jundt
James Knowles
Guillaume Siebert
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 11:46

Once I posted the above I gave it about a minutes thought and realized the times were not being rewritten-and that my fast lap from last year would remain.

Apologies for my lapse in consciousness...:papy: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 18:49

Server launched, quali starts in 10min Smile
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 18:58

Arrived on time, so :conduit: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 20:26

Can't believe my luck over the past two weeks. Lap 1 turn 1 death last week and this week my car starts in the middle of some big black circle twice in a row. %^^&!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 

Thx for trying a restart guys. Same exact outcome both times. :aie: 
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 20:34

Really atrocious race for me.

Forst of all, apologizes to everyone I touched or made spun Embarassed 

Despite qualifying well and feeling quick in the Porsche, it seems that I had WAY different braking points & style than the rest of the field around me, and it caused some really embarassing situations. I was so much out of sync when braking with the Sports 5000 cars around me (A class I didn't always recognize well, which added to the confussion) that it became a true nightmare.

I went down to the end of the field and finally hit a kerb and damaged the car, after a horrendous show.

Apologizes again, not having raced on the net since before the summer and the difficulty of not locking brakes with these cars were a terrible combination :doh: 
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:01

disco Twisted Evil  La fin de course aurait été très difficile, je surchauffais l'arriere ...

Bravo au podium et aux finisseurs
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:13

Mike Becnel wrote:
Can't believe my luck over the past two weeks. Lap 1 turn 1 death last week and this week my car starts in the middle of some big black circle twice in a row. %^^&!!!  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 

Thx for trying a restart guys. Same exact outcome both times.  :aie: 
Sorry Mike Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:14

4th in class, so another top 5 on the stats chart. Less zeroes is a good thing Very Happy 
My apologies to Jan, I got in his way when he was trying to lap me and he spun :doh:  Hope I wasn't too big an impediment for the others; there were some hairy moments throughout. pale

James, what happened at the start?  You were stuck on the line for a long time.

Last edited by Jason White on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Leo Menegucci
Club Driver
Leo Menegucci

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:18

Did all I could to show I had different braking points with the heavy Lola...

First lap... 3rd turn...

Well, the result was a flat rear tire and lapped by everyone. No fun to continue.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:20

Results are up :flag: 
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:27

Tough race, Was a struggle to get on pace as only had tonight's practice to get a setup and learn the track, Had a good race with the other 5000 cars, But we all had our spins at one point or another! Glad i chose the hard tires as at the end i was catching up with Anders and Yannick, Assuming you guys used the soft tires?

Thanks again HSO and i'm very happy to take a class win :first: 

Makes us 1-1 now doesn't it Frank?? :hihi: 
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:31

Richard Coxon wrote:

I Think Frank wins the award for the most spins :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:32

Jason White wrote:

James, what happened at the start?  You were stuck on the line for a long time.
I am not certain..but it would NOT go. Really sorry for holding you guys up. Finally got the car going and making time on you, then would make a mistake and fall back, catch up, mistake, fall back, repeat, repeat. This happened about 3-4 times. Then you were off in turn 1 and I got by.

Jan Titz was very fast today....very impressive Jan.

Sorry Mike couldn't make it. Was looking forward to scarpping with you mate.

Really having fun with the 910-car felt really solid here. I let it down, but there was no way I would catch Jan, even without my mistakes and the messed up start..

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:37

Championship standings updated on the site Wink

:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:40

I just managed to take pole infront of Vincent, who came very close. I could have been better in S1, but I couldn't put it together.

The race wasn't really on and we had lost Mike&Leo Sad 

I barely kept the lead with late braking into T1 but got away. Then went off twice which enabled Vincent to close right in. I spun again, this time at T1(rear-ended the barrier), handinghim the lead. I guess Vincent was just waiting for another mistake after my first two incidents.

About 2-3 laps later he spun at T1 too, giving the lead back to me. After that, I opened a gap as Vincent ran into trouble(?) and Yves was already over 20s away.

It got a bit more exciting when I came to lap Jason&Gui. Barely managed to avoid Jason spinning, then came back ahead of Frank. I followed the 2000 cars into S2, then waited as Jason&Gui were still ahead. Frank came up to my inside, bumped the right side and spun to the inside into a tyre Sad 

This track is such a nightmare when you hit one of them, your car will never feel the same.

In the end, I lapped Richard at the last turn and took the win by about 8.9s ahead of Yves and Philippe.

:champ: :first: 

I love that Alfa, really nice car to drive, just the driver a tad error-prone :aie:

Well done to all finishers! Smile 

Btw: Mike, tell me about that Porsche of yours with the Mazda engine... What a Face 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:40

That was fun no practice and i had no setup before the race but i had good and bad memories of this track ... So i knew i could finish ..

The Flunder was terrible for understeer i found the car much easier with the heavier fuel load and had many nice laps with my old friend Jieffe but when the car got lighter he got away :clap:
Thanks for the setup at short notice Alberto the only thing i changed was the brake bias on the front
as i kept locking up but other than that it felt ok ...

Have to be happy with 8th place overall ...

Well done to David ,Yves and Phillipe and also Richard ..

Congrats all finishers :drink:  
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:17

I was having a good battle with Philippe until I hit a tire :doh: 
I got a puncture, but missed the pit entry and did almost 2 full laps at very low speed. After a very long pitstop I rejoined last on track (the game forgot to count that lap) but managed to grab the class win with 5 laps to go pig 
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:30

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I was having a good battle with Philippe until I hit a tire :doh: 
I got a puncture, but missed the pit entry and did almost 2 full laps at very low speed. After a very long pitstop I rejoined last on track (the game forgot to count that lap) but managed to grab the class win with 5 laps to go pig 
affraid 

You monster of a driver! :D 

Errr btw Gui: What would happen if we'd both win 4 races(or finish in exactely same positions) in our class? Who would be champion? Tie?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Oct 2013 - 3:26

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Can't believe my luck over the past two weeks. Lap 1 turn 1 death last week and this week my car starts in the middle of some big black circle twice in a row. %^^&!!!  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 

Thx for trying a restart guys. Same exact outcome both times.  :aie: 
Sorry Mike Neutral
Nothing you could so sir, thanks for the restart even if it resulted in another dose of :doh: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Oct 2013 - 9:50

David Jundt wrote:
Errr btw Gui: What would happen if we'd both win 4 races(or finish in exactely same positions) in our class? Who would be champion? Tie?
In that case the admin always wins, sorry!

No seriously I don't know yet, but I'm sure you'll be kind enough to avoid winning all races. What a Face

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 11:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jean-louis Petillot
Pro Driver
Jean-louis Petillot

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Oct 2013 - 11:38

oups !Embarassed 

oublié qu'il y avait une course hier

bon , vu que je serais en Asie pour la prochaine course , ma voiture est libre pour la fin de saison

désolé !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.corsicaracing.fr
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Oct 2013 - 14:26

Très bon résultats pour moi hier soir :third:  ce n'est pas souvent donc profitons-en Very Happy 

La course a été très amusante les quinze premiers tours, après j'étais un peu seul à la chasse impossible des Alfa de devant et vigilant pour que cela ne revienne pas de derrière.

On a bagarré avec Franky au tout début, puis il s'est loupé en dépassant Richard, alors que Richard partait à la faute un peu plus tard, me laissant le champs libre devant, en 4ème position... Mais derrière-moi la voiture bleue de Guillaume revenait très fort...
Avoir Gui dans mes rétros n'est pas très banal pour moi... Mais j'ai une 3L et lui est en 2L... Les deux lignes-droites du circuit donnaient l'avantage à mon moteur, alors que dans la partie téchnique du circuit c'était lui qui gagnait du temps. Il revenait coller à mon arrière à chaque début de la ligne de départ-arrivée et je le distançais à la fin de la partie rapide. J'ai résisté à ses assauts une bonne dizaine de tours et puis il a eu un ennuie et il a laché... Merci Gui c'était bien sympa!

J'ai essayé de garder le rythme jusqu'au bout et sur la fin la malchance de Vincent qui était 3ème m'a offert le podium... Une première en scratch pour moi et la poursuite d'une série faste de top 5 assez incroyable pour moi... (je vais me réveiller sans doute bientôt :D ).

Bravo David et Yves :top:  et à tous les autres participants :top: 

Merci HSO, à la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Jean-François Bovy
Pro Driver
Jean-François Bovy

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:37

Bonne course hier, sur un circuit qui convenait décidément mieux à la voiture que le champ de bosses de Karlskoga
j'ai eu de la bagarre de premier au dernier virage, 2 petites sorties de piste mais aucun problème notable, just a tiny front kiss with Carl in the middle of our nice fight Wink ... c'est finalement la régularité et quelques bons tours qui m'ont amené à la 6ième place finale
avec un petit échange de politesses pour la 5ième place avec Yannick dans les tous derniers virages, ça s'est joué à quelques chevaux pendant la dernière réaccélération, miam Smile

Comme d'habitude, l'agilité de la voiture compensait à peine les écarts de puissance dans la ligne droite
à ce niveau, les Alfa m'ont carrément impressionné (et Ben aussi je crois Wink)

bravo aux vainqueurs, mention spéciale au podium de Philippe et merci HSO :chinois:
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbgpl.be
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Oct 2013 - 1:31

David Jundt wrote:

Btw: Mike, tell me about that Porsche of yours with the Mazda engine... What a Face 
I beg your pardon sir...I now have a lovely red Lola with a Cosworth engine. I now suspect my car was made at me for choosing to switch to another car. Must be a female car and kicked me out of bed at the start. :grrr: 
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Oct 2013 - 12:09

Richard Coxon wrote:
lol! Razz 

Carl Larrad wrote:
I Think Frank wins the award for the most spins :D
I hope I got the award coz I worked hard for it :aie: :D !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]   Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Keimola [Oct. 6]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next