Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Nascar mods?

Go down 
+17
Vadim Sadoshenko
Jason White
Dave Miller
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
Seb
finally gone :)
Tiago Malafaya
Carl Larrad
Ben Paulet
Russell Craven
Frank Verplanken
Alessio Campigotto
Jukka Närhi
Antoine de Mautor
Alberto Ibañez
Mike Becnel
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014 - 20:27

Hell i dont care what track we race. It could be Martinsville for all i care, Just as long as these cars get put to good use Smile

Yea Darlington would be awesome, it would make some very angry Sim Racers lol
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014 - 20:44

On the subject of ovals not being the popular races -- there are plenty of good simracers out there who love ovals.  Maybe Austin knows how we could win them over?   :hum:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014 - 20:50

I guess most of them are in the US, so the timezone will be a factor (Austin came here due to HSOA IIRC) but I know there are some EU leagues that run NR2003. None that do it with rFactor stock car mod, however.

A german guy that has raced sometimes with us, Carsten Theile, also races here: http://www.v8thunderonline.co.uk/

Maybe people from that league could be interested in oval racing here, but keep in mind that they are used to a different sim :hum:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014 - 21:48

Yea thats true Alberto but i also came here for a change of scenery because Iracing was starting to bore me to death!

Its not really the time the race is ran, because most of the people's i know will race any time. Its just that they all moved on and dont play Rfactor anymore and theyre in the Iracing Pro series so that gives them little time to do anything because there working all week on the setup for Sunday's Race.

I usually always post the open races on the Iracing forum they receive tons of good feedback and people who say they want to race but no one ever comes :smil20:

I'll see if some of the other guys who aren't running in the Pro series if they would be interested :top:
Back to top Go down
Dave Symonds
Rookie
Dave Symonds

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015 - 9:52

I see this thread has died, but I wanted to chime in on a couple of things concerning the GN63 and GN69/70 mods for rFactor.

I asked 'small block hero', the person who takes credit for the conversion of the GN63 mod, who he asked for permission to convert it from N03 to rFactor and never got an answer. I asked because I was never asked for permission and Delta Sim Racing, the site I've run for over 10 years, is the official home of the GN63 mod. I never gave anybody else permission to host the mod, let alone convert it, simply because I have never been asked. Delta Sim Racing became the home of the GN63 mod because when Northwest Racing/Black Widow shut down, the GN63 mod was gone with it. I begged Bill to please put the site up again so I could copy and keep it as part of Delta so the work that went into the mod wouldn't be lost. I begged and he agreed that I could host the site and mod. I don't know of anybody else that got permission to host it which is why I'm a bit upset when I see it at other places and that it was converted to rF.

While I'm upset somebody converted it without permission, what really upsets me is that it was converted with no attempt to make it accurate. I would give permission for somebody to convert it only if they were going to put work into making it accurate and that was never done. So while Delta Sim Racing is the home of the GN63 mod, I need to let everyone know that the rF conversion was not done with the consent of anyone involved in the N03 project and not done with the rightful owner. It was done without permission and done badly. If it were converted with permission, checks would have been in place to make sure it was a mod worthy of being raced.

As far as I know, Denis Rioux never gave anybody permission to convert the GN69/70 mods to rFactor. He only gave permission for the 55 dirt cars mod to be converted. I will ask him about that mod and see what he's got to say about it. If he gives me permission, I will work on it to get it more accurate. I'm fairly new to rFactor but I've got more than a decade of research into those cars under my belt.

Whoever did the conversion of the GN69/70 mod did not bother with making the cars even remotely accurate. I think they took the generic American Muscle Car mod physics and left it at that. The damned things weigh 2700# in the mod, which is ONLY 1200# less than the 3900# they should weigh. Everything but the car bodies are wrong and it's another project I'd like to work on and fix when I'd able to.

I want to be clear that I'm upset the conversions were done without permission and done badly, not that they were done. I've got them both on my hard drive and hope to work on them to make them worth using some day.

Forgive me for my rant. :hello:
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeltaSimRacing.com
Robert Thurman
Rookie

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 6:39

I agree. most conversions are pretty lame. Unfortunately 95% is conversions.
I love ovals and am still hopping someone will make a Saturday night at the races sim.
Back to top Go down
Dave Symonds
Rookie
Dave Symonds

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 7:54

I asked Denis Rioux about his GN69/70 N03 mod converted to rFactor and he gave the following response -

"I have not given permission to GN70 mod to others..., but if DeltaSimRacing wants to create new version for rFactor, he has my permission."

I also asked Bill Anderson about the GN63 mod and he gave this response -

"Delta is the only site that has permission to host the GN63 mod. No
permission was ever given by me to convert the mod to rFactor. Go ahead with your plans to
alter the rFactor physics if you want to."

So I've got permission from both the creators of the GN63 and GN69/70 mods and I'm thinking that since the mods out there are already using the models, it's a matter of giving them accurate physics, working mirrors, accurate cockpits and all the other things that go along with making a good mod. I'm still in the planning phase right now and might be in that phase for a while due to having to find a new job and a new place to live, which is taking a lot of my time.

I know there are many people here that know what they're doing when it comes to rF and I'm very new to it so I will be asking for any help with the projects once I get settled..
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeltaSimRacing.com
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 11:36

Sounds like we have something to look forward to Dave.

Hope you can find the time for these projects.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Lacaze
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015 - 0:41

Otherwise...

:D
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015 - 1:16

Ca faisait longtemps que j'avais pas vu ces logos Sierra Sports et Papyrus lol ! :top:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Nascar mods?   Old Nascar mods? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Nascar mods?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3