Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]

Go down 
+33
Antoine de Mautor
Richard Coxon
Gianluca Desposito
Simon Wattman
Anders Nilsson
Jean-Marie Placais
Gérard Ryon
Frank Labédan
Pascal Le pihive
Mike Becnel
Ben Warren
Paul Nadeau
Samuli Leinonen
Victor Alcocer
Philippe Bousquet
Ludovic Tagli
Yannick Lampure
David Jundt
Neal Johnson
Yves Plaçais
Martin Audran
Jon Hicken
Tiago Malafaya
James Knowles
Abat Hernaez
Oscar Hardwick
Patrick Marucco
Joel Sixou
Lorenzo Arisi
Carl Larrad
Teemu Toikka
Jason White
Guillaume Siebert
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:59

Martin Audran wrote:

Thank for the advise, but I know what to do when I'm racing Wink

That's what Kimi Räikkönen says too...

...and then, his GPS fails and he ends up in Nelson Piquet's backgarden What a Face

Point is, you rather held me up for trying to close in on 5th place while you weren't close to Gui or Oscar Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:03

You're lapped, you're supposed to let the leader by.
I've seen some crazy stuff from backmarkers, including one that refused to let by in a straight, only to strike 2 cars at the following hairpin What a Face
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:22

You can watch the replay you know David.

I immediatly saw that I braked too late. I had very few time to decide if I had to dive in the hairpin or stay in straight line, not knowing if I would be able to avoid a massive crash with you.

So, I decided to dive, braking and downshifting as quick as I could (almost spining my car). Maybe it was not the good decision, but at least there was no big crash. I even warned you with my headlight. And yes, those headlight didn't mean: Let me pass!!! but it meant: I'm there, be carefull because I don't exactly know where I'm going.

I never wanted to pass you in this turn :smil20:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Oscar Hardwick
Club Driver
Oscar Hardwick

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:35

Well that was a shocker for me. Granted 3rd is 3rd and I will by no means complain about my 6th podium in only 9 races at HSO. That said can someone please tell me to NOT USE MEDIUM TYRES. I obviously have an aggressive driving style of some sort which leads to my rubber disintegrating at the first sign of bother.

Anyway. The race itself was ok. I would have liked to have finished further up that I was but again, can't really complain.

On the whole traffic this time out was much better than say round 1 was. I think I gave myself and some back-markers a few scares here and there but that was all just me reading my tyres badly. A few of the drivers at the back still need to desperately learn to either hold pace and line so I can overtake on the brakes or move off of the racing line. Braking or lifting on the racing line will cause me to hit you and it won't be on me. I cannot react at 5m away and you stamp on the brakes on the line I am taking at that stage. PLEASE ALWAYS, make it clear what you are doing so that I can judge what I should do correctly.

I think towards the end of the race when my car was in a very bad way I let past some back-markers who were outperforming me by a long way at that stage.

Overall an ok race, vastly improved race craft from everyone (me included) even those still making life more difficult that it needed to be.

I'll see you all next time out and maybe I can get something higher up that the bottom step on the podium.

Thanks,

Oscar.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 1:08

JP Campmajo wrote:
You're lapped, you're supposed to let the leader by.
I've seen some crazy stuff from backmarkers, including one that refused to let by in a straight, only to strike 2 cars at the following hairpin What a Face

I know that? Hello Captain JP Obvious lol!

Martin spun again at the hairpin a few laps later and Teemu and me had to take the long way around him, we weren't impressed on TS What a Face

Was that all because of your damaged car? I even more ask myself: Why push that much then Question

@Martin: I didn't saw the flashes, but at this race, I tend to look quite often into my rear view mirror(That way I also managed to escape Mr Bousquet and a tap by Jason White nearly sent me into a spin) and thus I saw you. If not, you'd have flown right into my car.

Be thankful I am most of the time a very cautious driver. The downshfting and braking wouldn't have been enough if I just steered in Razz

Anyway, onto the next race :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 1:39

Great thing that David is finally teaching Martin how to drive, the poor lad realy needed this u know :top: lol!
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 2:58

Antoine de Mautor wrote:
Great thing that David is finally teaching Martin how to drive, the poor lad realy needed this u know :top: lol!

Learn Martin... Learn :regl:

:rigol: :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 3:06

We all make mistakes. I think Antoine can say that more than anyone- especially when it comes to racing with this mod.

We all need to be gentlemen when we race and when we talk about the race. PMs for the personal angst please.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 7:35

Dés que quelque chose de désagréable se dit ( à tort) sur ce forum, on y retrouve JP et Antoine. Non pas pour calmer le jeu, ce serait trop simple, pour faire du sarcasme à 2 balles, leur fond de commerce. En ce qui concerne Antoine, admin, c'est la plus éclatante contre-exemplarité.

Allez y les gars, lâchez-vous contre moi maintenant, je viens de vous donner matière. vomissez votre bile :D
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tagli
Experienced Driver
Ludovic Tagli

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 7:38

bonjour
superbe course et bon comportement en piste comme d habitude ,de tres grand pilotes roule ici et c est agreable,pour ma part juste une petite erreur dans le dernier virage,a mie course je crois ,un freinage tardif a l interieur ,pneus avant droit hs les deux pied sur le frein je suis venu me poser sur l avant de phillipe bousquet et un autre pilote ,une jaguar je crois ,j espere ne pas l avoir toucher,si c est le cas j en suis desolé et j assume toute sanction si il y a lieu,sinon mon but etait de finir la course et se fut le cas.
merci a vous d organiser de tel evenement,et a bientot sur la manche 3.
bravo au podium et au finisseurs cheers
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 9:05

I enjoyed our battle, Ludovic. Smile Shame I couldn't keep up with you at the end, I didn't change tyres at all during the race and my Mediums were trashed by the end, not to mention the car had damage too.

I've learnt a lot about the car though, which is good, and I'm looking forward to taking that onboard for Hockenheim.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 9:44

The positive point of the race is that apparently the missing collision feelers that were added to the physics in the patch are working perfectly :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tagli
Experienced Driver
Ludovic Tagli

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 10:30

oui belle bagarre ben,se fut propre :conduit: et sans accrochages :clap: .merci
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 11:06

David Jundt wrote:
Point is, you rather held me up for trying to close in on 5th place while you weren't close to Gui or Oscar Razz
David Jundt wrote:
I know that? Hello Captain JP Obvious lol!

Doesn't seem that obvious for some people Rolling Eyes Teach me, master !
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:27

Well I didn't expect to win that one.
In the first lap I lost almost 3s on Oscar and Martin after a messy first turn. I had started the race with minimum boost, just to make sure I'll have enough fuel to finish the race, and the gap to Oscar did not grow too much. After 20 laps I switched to boost 3 and started to catch him, and eventually got by him a bit later as he was starting ran out of tires (sorry for the small bump in the last hairpin by the way :aie: ). Then Martin showed great generosity and gave me the win :hello: :first:

Lappers were almost perfect, thanks everybody Smile Only issue is that some drivers slow down on the racing line to let the leaders through and this is very dangerous when the leaders are just behind you (in a turn or exiting a turn). We cannot guess what you are about to do and by slowing down right in front of us, there's a big risk we'll just run into the back of your car. So if you want to slow down to facilitate the overtaking, do it off the racing line, or very early so that we can take another line. Wink

Thanks everyone for coming, see you all in the wide open spaces of Hockenheim next time :conduit:

=================
Hé bien je ne m'attendais pas à gagner celle là.
Au premier tour je perds presque 3s sur Martin et Oscar après un premier virage un peu bordélique. J'avais démarré la course au boost 1 pour m'assurer d'avoir assez de fuel pour finir, et l'écart avec Oscar ne grandissait pas trop. Après 20 tours je suis passé sur boost 3 et j'ai commencé à rattraper Oscar qui était déjà en difficulté avec ses pneus et ai fini par le passer. Puis Martin fit preuve d'une grande générosité en m'offrant la victoire. :hello: :first:

Les retardataires étaient presque parfait, merci tout le monde Smile Le seul problème venait de certains pilotes qui ralentissaient sur la trajectoire (dans un virage, ou en sortie de virage) pour laisser passer les leaders, ce qui peut être très dangereux quand on est juste derrière vous. On ne peut pas deviner ce que vous allez faire, et en ralentissant un grand coup juste sous notre nez, le risque est grand qu'on ne puisse réagir à temps et vous emboutir l'arrière. Donc si vous voulez ralentir pour faciliter le dépassement, faites le hors de la trajectoire, ou bien très tôt, que l'on ait le temps de changer de ligne Wink

Merci tout le monde d'être venus, à la prochaine pour les grands espaces d'Hockenheim :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:31

juste une question:

pour quelle diable de raison ai je été DISQUALIFIE !!!
au 55 ème tour je crois
je devait ètre neuvième a cette instant
restait 23 tours et patatra lol
je me retrouve spectateur dans les stands
je maitrise pas du tout RFACTOR
alors juste pour l info ce serai sympa de m'éclairer
... que je fasse pas deux fois la meme erreur

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:37

Je jetterai un oeil Pascal. Tu n'as pas pris une pénalité pour vitesse excessive dans les stands par exemple ?
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 16:42

non non
pas de stands pour moi
pneus hard et le plein
je comptait pas y passer
je vois pas de mémoire ce qui a aboutit a une disqualification

jeter personne
pas d aggression

a la limite je me demande si le fait de passer tres pres du muret des stands n en n'est pas la raison

quelques secondes avant d'ètre expulser de la course un affichage en haut a gauche de l'écran est apparu:
deux enormes fleches rouges lol
j'avoue ne pas avoir declencher de suite ne comprenant pas la raison ni le sens
encore moins le risque de me faire expulser comme un bandit lol
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 16:42

Im wrong the strategy, few fuel in my tank. Well i had a good race, but i dont listen the suggestions and i would like all in my head, and finally result are a disaster. Crying or Very sad
Smile
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 16:50

Pascal Le pihive wrote:
quelques secondes avant d'ètre expulser de la course un affichage en haut a gauche de l'écran est apparu:
deux enormes fleches rouges lol

ca t'indiquait le drive through. assez curieux car on peut pas couper, donc peut être non respect des drapeaux bleus ?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 16:53

Regarde ce topic Pascal : http://historicsimracing.123.st/t40-petits-trucs-sur-rfactor-tips-for-rfactor
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 16:55

Gianluca Desposito wrote:
Im wrong the strategy, few fuel in my tank. Well i had a good race, but i dont listen the suggestions and i would like all in my head, and finally result are a disaster. Crying or Very sad
Smile

Gianluca the fuel strategy is quite simple in this series with ~ 1 hour races : start with full tank, and adjust your boost to see the end of the race Wink Boost 2 should be enough for all races.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tagli
Experienced Driver
Ludovic Tagli

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 17:05

bonjour
oui je pense aussi au non respect des drapeaux bleue,qui sur se circuit etait tres difficile a gerer,dommage de finir comme ca Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Yannick Lampure
Pro Driver
Yannick Lampure

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 18:07

pas une bonne soirée pour moi. Sad

dans le tour de formation Jon Hicken me passe devant, j'ai pas trop compris en voulant reprendre ma place
on c'est touché et ma voiture a souffert, direction tordue.
pas cool le départ ensuite dans la chicane j'ai touché une Jag alors j'ai quitté j’espère qu'il n'y a pas eu de casse.
Back to top Go down
Jon Hicken
Club Driver
Jon Hicken

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 18:50

Yannick Lampure wrote:
pas une bonne soirée pour moi. Sad

dans le tour de formation Jon Hicken me passe devant, j'ai pas trop compris en voulant reprendre ma place
on c'est touché et ma voiture a souffert, direction tordue.
pas cool le départ ensuite dans la chicane j'ai touché une Jag alors j'ai quitté j’espère qu'il n'y a pas eu de casse.

J'ai été en attente pour vous, mais vous n'avez pas passé ... J'ai été un énorme fossé derrière la voiture en face parce que je l'attendais, mais quand le drapeau vert est allé Je suis juste allé.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]   Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Norisring [Feb. 10th]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next