Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII

Go down 
+18
Mogens Nielsen
Frank Verplanken
Milt Minter Jr
David Cid
Jon Hawkins
Alessio Campigotto
Jukka Närhi
finally gone :)
Carl Larrad
Martin Audran
Yoann Quioc
Sanjin Haler
Stewart Amos
Seb
Jean-louis Petillot
Ben Paulet
Bruno Goujon
Antoine de Mautor
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 9:32

Thanks a lot to you guys who showed up for the race! :top: Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of drivers, but I'm happy to find out that the race was
good anyway! Very Happy

Gras to Mogens on a great win :chinois:

This is probably farewell to GTP indeed, since I can't seem to manage to attract enough drivers as I could do back in the days. :smil20:

Too bad, to me it's still one of the best sim around, but without a decent amount of racers it just can't be done anymore...

Anyway, once again, thanks a lot to you guys for sticking around to the end, and for holding GTP's colours high :first:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 12:04

Stewart Amos wrote:
Like Mogens,..after a Good sleep (here in Australia the race started at about 3.00am), and some time to look at and review the Race, I feel I Must reiterate how enjoyable this race was even with so few starters !!
Hey Stewart we could use more drivers like you in the GTP camp of the FSB league.
Because you are not only a great driver but also a great describer(author:-) of what happened for you in the race.
We need that in FSB. Most drivers love to read about others race experiences but dont really care themselves to use the time to write it.
I have humorous punked the FSB guys for that.
But it is probably because one of the great american icons is John Wayne. A man of few words lol!

But this FSB invitation also goes for the 3 other drivers. You would really fit in the faster part of the FSB GTP field.
Its only Yoann who would have to go for more consistency.
Making 1 or 2 hotlap times dont help you at all in a GTP race if you lack consistency. You have the speed but only need more patience.

Conserning all the registered drivers who didnt care to show up.... :antoine: :antoine:
This kind of behaviour is not only a problem for GTP races but a general problem for virtual events.
Its a general issue conserning peoples lack of feeling responsible when its "only" a virtual event.
Because when an event is only something happening on "the net" you allways hear some more or less trustwordy stories about the causes for not showing up afterwards.
Its probably a sad fact that people feel another kind of responsibility if involved with an event in the "real"/non virtual world.
Hopefully their attitude is better here pig

As a closing remark I will strongly repeat my invitation to join the only living GTP league on the planet.
We have almost a full field(!) GTP races every 6th week(10x a year).
And eventhough the racetime is 3 oclock in the night (danish local time) its allways the night between saturday and sunday.
So even for an oldie like me its just like a late nights partying as when I was young :drink:
I just use to sleep longer on sunday. Sleep

PS.
Thanks Sebastien for the pictures. :clap:
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 12:23

I will have to practice making donuts a bit more.
Miserable I admit :doh:
1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 _poord10
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 12:49

Quote :
Conserning all the registered drivers who didnt care to show up.... 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 195264 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 195264
This kind of behaviour is not only a problem for GTP races but a general problem for virtual events.
Its a general issue conserning peoples lack of feeling responsible when its "only" a virtual event.
Because
when an event is only something happening on "the net" you allways hear
some more or less trustwordy stories about the causes for not showing
up afterwards.
Its probably a sad fact that people feel another kind
of responsibility if involved with an event in the "real"/non virtual
world.

I think that at HSO generally people are commited to the championships and events, and only rarely do not show up. We even have race threads to confirm presence in each event.

But if I have to think how much of my scarce free time I have spent installing/reinstalling the game and seeking feedback/solutions these last weeks and making different tests to be able to race, it's plainly discouraging when in the end you do a dumb thing like not starting correctly from the launcher and have to go for another reinstall. I don't know if that was the case for others, but I have been all week here posting my problems, seeking solutions and doing reinstall after reinstall, and in the end it beat me and killed my morale. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mogens Nielsen
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:30

The reason I did formulate my remark as a general observation was to (try to) avoid to be perceived as expressing personal targeted insults.
But the fact is: that 14 did sign up (register) for the event and only 4 did actually show up.
I havent calculated the percentage!
But I see a slight collision between this fact and the description that "at HSO generally people are commited to the championships and events".

But I have to admit that its a fair reason to be demoralised when NR2003 dont accept a wrong menu selection.
End of discussion from here.

Hope to see some of you guys in planets last living GTP league. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 16:34

Quote :
Conserning all the registered drivers who didnt care to show up.... 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 195264 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 195264
Because
when an event is only something happening on "the net" you allways hear
some more or less trustwordy stories about the causes for not showing
up afterwards.
Its probably a sad fact that people feel another kind
of responsibility if involved with an event in the "real"/non virtual
world.

A lot of us had been suffering with problems with the game, and had marked our absence already, our names weren't removed from the Claiming thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII   1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 IMSA Camel GT Championship : Camel Continental VIII
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5