Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]

Go down 
+22
David Cid
finally gone :)
Elia Baragiola
Martin Audran
Alessio Campigotto
Greg Hunt
Franck Mercurio
Philippe Martinelli
Alberto Ibañez
Lorenzo Arisi
Steve Parker
Patrick Marucco
Guillaume Siebert
Vadim Sadoshenko
Yannick Lampure
Jon Hawkins
Ben Truffini
Tiago Malafaya
Vincent Beretta
Jean-louis Petillot
Pierre Closset
Frank Verplanken
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 18:59

Race server launched Wink
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 19:12

absent Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 21:05

As usual the most fun mod for me, even if I do almost no training for the races, the aussie tracks are easy to learn and always provide good racing.

Started confused as I could not see the green lights and fought a bit with Philippe, but saw that he had more pace and got out of the way. I had forgotten to do full left to right with my wheel before starting and the centre was offset due to not having reset calibration. Took some laps and a spin to get used, but from then on was always in the chase or chased. Managed to overtake Carl and build a 5 seconds lead, but racing alone was not fun and Philippe was too far in front and going faster, so decided to wait for Carl. To my surprise, it was Franck Mercurio who appeared affraid and overtook me, so I had to chase him. He got caught in a fight with David so i managed to catch and overtake, and from then on kept the pace steady until the finish line, where I found Ben Truffini doing the hooligan with his car and rammed him lol!

Nice race as always Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 652294
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 21:08

What a moron I am :doh: I miscalculated fuel consumption and had to pit for more fuel with 10 laps to go :doh: :aie:

Too bad, I was having great fun with Tiago, Pierre and Steve. :top: After an early mistake, I managed to close a 6s gap on them :conduit: and was about to try a move for the lead of the group... not to be... :smil20:

I could have ranked 4th, but I'm 8th, nevermind I had good fun :hihi:

Grats to Ben on his first HSO win!! :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Pierre Closset
Club Driver

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 21:11

What a race.

Startint 5th but I early lost 3 places because of sliding when I touch the break. Then I start a nice battle with Greg for a couple of lap, it was close but fair ! :top:
After that I manage to come closer of the groupe A car in front of me, thanks to their battle I come closer and begin to fight with Steve. I have to fight with him till the end but never has a chance to past, I was too slow at the acceleration lol!

By the way I finished 5th, same as the begining and 1st Groupe B car so that was a good race, champagne ! :champ:
Back to top Go down
Ben Truffini
Rookie
Ben Truffini

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 21:23

:champ: Opening a clos du mesnil for this one!

Sandown is a track with two main characteristics: kerbs and sand traps. To be quick, you must attune your car to the kerbs, mount a powerful engine, and attack the track.

To win, you must resist the temptation to go to the beach!

I knew this is a hard track on which to remain mistake-free for a full race length, so decided to drive within myself and my tyres. I hadn't predicted the speed of Lorenzo and Guillaume, who forced the Commode to be propelled at its limit for the majority of the race. Very good pressure from Lorenzo and bad luck to Guillaume, what happened to you after half-way man?

A word on the other drivers: superb and thoughtful driving when being lapped. Some of you must have an extra eye for the mirrors. Very rare to find a league with standards so high; I only know of one other. Thanks for having me race with you.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 21:43

It happened to me that Ben Paulet ruined my race by spinning in front of me, couldn't avoid him, flat tire, end of the story.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 21:50

Was in a comfortable 5th place until I made a mistake and Steve and Pierre passed me. Then the battle comes and was putting the pressure until lapping Carl; I signaled him so he knew that I was coming, he didn't slow down and saw Pierre at my side (3 wide), so I panicked a bit and missed T1. After that was nly a matter to bring the car home for 6th

Is the Mustang that bad??
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 22:00

What a superb race with antoine/pierre and tiago,20 laps of nose to tail racing affraid ,congrats to Ben :first: i had to work hard for my 4th,but what great fun,cheers guys :top: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 22:21

=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 22:40

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Was in a comfortable 5th place until I made a mistake and Steve and Pierre passed me. Then the battle comes and was putting the pressure until lapping Carl; I signaled him so he knew that I was coming, he didn't slow down and saw Pierre at my side (3 wide), so I panicked a bit and missed T1.

Sorry Tiago .... I Stuck to my normal racing line i guess i should have slowed down before the bend to let you both pass i also gave Gui a little Kiss as he was passing on the same corner Embarassed

Made a great start and then after the 1st corner met a spinning Bmw which i could not avoid .... :doh:

Alberto, Patrick , Franck it was a nice race while it lasted :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 23:03

Standings are updated on the site Wink .

No internet for me from 5 to 11 tonite Sad Crying or Very sad Mad
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 11:09

A la rue pendant les essais libres, je teste un nouveau setup pour la qualif mais il n'est pas adapté à ma voiture et c'est encore pire :D

je prends donc le départ 19eme et dernier avec mon setup d'origine
Heureusement je le trouve un peu mieux avec le plein et j'arrive à suivre et à m'amuser avec quelques camarades de route Very Happy
Merci à Alberto, Carl et Franck pour m'avoir tenu compagnie au moins jusqu'à mi-course, c'etait sympa :top:

Au final je fais 13eme et je marque même mon 1er point dans ce championnat comme quoi tout n'est pas négatif Wink

Bravo à Ben_2 pour sa belle 1ere victoire chez HSO et à Pierre pour sa nouvelle victoire de classe :top:

A la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:07

Complétement à la rue, j'ai fini par faire echap, sans même avoir cassé. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:14

petite bagarre bien sympa avec Pierre pendant les 3 . 4 premiers tours , puis apres un bon bout de temps seul jusqu a un demi tete a queue de ma part , la John m a dépassé et on s est bien bagarre jusqu a 3 tours de la fin .

felicitations a mon petit Ben qui a bien suivi le rythme lors des 9 premirs tours . j ai meme pense qu il avait l intention de me doubler :hihi: :hihi: .

grats Ben Lorenzo et Pierre :clap: well done all
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:16

Ben Paulet wrote:
Complétement à la rue, j'ai fini par faire echap, sans même avoir cassé. :frank:

Des excuses pour avoir niqué ma course eurent été bienvenues.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:19

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Ben Paulet wrote:

Des excuses pour avoir niqué ma course eurent été bienvenues.
Vi, j'avais oublié cette déconvenue. Toutes mes excuses, ça te va?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:22

Ouais ça fera l'affaire. :langue:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:35

Carl Larrad wrote:
Sorry Tiago .... I Stuck to my normal racing line i guess i should have slowed down before the bend to let you both pass i also gave Gui a little Kiss as he was passing on the same corner Embarassed

Made a great start and then after the 1st corner met a spinning Bmw which i could not avoid .... :doh:

Alberto, Patrick , Franck it was a nice race while it lasted :top:

No worries Carl, I'm not saying it was your fault, I just wasn't expecting that Pierre would also make a move, and since the Mustang has those efficient brakes, I knew I was doomed at the time I saw I wouldn't have enough space to enter the turn :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Ben Truffini
Rookie
Ben Truffini

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 12:45

Guillaume did you just have one crash or did something else happen too? I remember you were chasing for a while with a good pace after hitting Ben, impressive with a flat tyre... I thought "uh oh, can't slow down or he'll catch up"!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 13:03

Quote :
I knew I was doomed at the time I saw I wouldn't have enough space to enter the turn

I suspect you were actually doomed from the moment you only could get a Mustang Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 788525
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 13:44

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
I knew I was doomed at the time I saw I wouldn't have enough space to enter the turn

I suspect you were actually doomed from the moment you only could get a Mustang Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 788525

The car isn't terrible considering it's weight, I just hoped that it would have better brakes (IMO the worst brakes I've ever seen) and that it wouldn't be so far away from the Holden's pace
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 13:54

As I feel a sarcastic touch in your latest remark mates Twisted Evil Wink , I'd like to clarify something about changing of cars during the course of the season.
The rules in all our championships have always been that you book a car for the season and keep it (one will always find an exception to that, like the ill-fated 1970 SCCA National Championship series). This is to stick to reality as much as possible as most often in the real championships we recreate changing of team during the year was inexistant to marginal. Of course we have to be strict from the beginning because if we had allowed changing of cars along the year, most people would have changed at every race, usually to get the car best suited to a given track, therefore killing any concept of yearly season and championship.

Having said that, there is room in the rules for exceptionnal circumstances. These usually refer to a driver/car combination being either too slow or too fast compared to the rest of the field and necessitating a change for the sake of equity.

But Tiago mate you rarely, if ever, fit in this category. Take this year for instance : of our four running championships, you changed cars (against my admin advice) in the DRM and Euro GT series (influing considerably on the championship chase in the latter), wanted to do so in the ATCC (but I said no) and did not in the SCCA F5000 as you already have one of the best cars and fight for the title. And you do this every year ^^ . Even more so, three of these four mods were arch-raced here at HSO so you were bound to know which car suited you best at the time of booking and can only blame yourself if you didn't get a car you like. Tiago dude nothing personnal here, I love you, you know I do :drink: , but I had to clarify this point if only to de-nazify my reputation lol! !

:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 14:13

"Vous avez bien une amicale des anciens nazis ? un club ? une association peut-être ?" Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012 - 14:16

Frank Verplanken wrote:
As I feel a sarcastic touch in your latest remark mates Twisted Evil Wink , I'd like to clarify something about changing of cars during the course of the season.
The rules in all our championships have always been that you book a car for the season and keep it (one will always find an exception to that, like the ill-fated 1970 SCCA National Championship series). This is to stick to reality as much as possible as most often in the real championships we recreate changing of team during the year was inexistant to marginal. Of course we have to be strict from the beginning because if we had allowed changing of cars along the year, most people would have changed at every race, usually to get the car best suited to a given track, therefore killing any concept of yearly season and championship.

Having said that, there is room in the rules for exceptionnal circumstances. These usually refer to a driver/car combination being either too slow or too fast compared to the rest of the field and necessitating a change for the sake of equity.

But Tiago mate you rarely, if ever, fit in this category. Take this year for instance : of our four running championships, you changed cars (against my admin advice) in the DRM and Euro GT series (influing considerably on the championship chase in the latter), wanted to do so in the ATCC (but I said no) and did not in the SCCA F5000 as you already have one of the best cars and fight for the title. And you do this every year ^^ . Even more so, three of these four mods were arch-raced here at HSO so you were bound to know which car suited you best at the time of booking and can only blame yourself if you didn't get a car you like. Tiago dude nothing personnal here, I love you, you know I do :drink: , but I had to clarify this point if only to de-nazify my reputation lol! !

:frank:

Of course I have to blame myself because this year in almost every championship I registered myself a little late so no midfield cars available to me. I wasn't considering changing car for this series anymore since the last time I talked about it you said no, and I can take a no for an answer quite easily. In the DRM case I only wanted to change the Porsche to the BMW, not because I wanted to be faster (was always in the leading pack in every race :D ) but because I found the car buggy with the tyre issues where it shuldn't happen; not blaming anyone for this (specially Alberto) but I was feeling that all my efforts were in vain. In the Euro GT case, I must go against you, because I didn't change the car, I only driven Carl's car in the 1st race because there wasn't any available and due to Carl's absency in that particular race, choosing the Corvette when it became available.

My constant desire to change car is only in the pursuit of driving pleasure, not being faster; I'm with you guys for 4 years+- and this year is the first time I'm really fighting for the title in one of the championships.

Anyways, I won't change car and my previous post was only a kind of answer/feeling to Alberto about my doom in ATCC :D

Cheers :hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]   Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Sandown Park [May 16th]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next