Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit  Empty
PostSubject: Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit    Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2012 - 0:00

The New install has not gone quite as smoothly as i expected ...

There is now two Program files

(1) Program Files
(2) Program Files 86x

I Did not realise this before i installed rfactor and the G27 wheel
do you install rfactor to the (1) or (2) program folder .....

I Managed to get everything working ok on a Lite Install
but cant install the HGT Mod and working in my main rfactor Install ...

I Installed the G27 to (1) but it would not work properly when i go into the game
and i get what seems like two wheels appearing in the list is this normal ....

Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit  G27_wi10

Also i cant seem to go into windows and change the settings for the wheel by clicking on properties ...
It would appear that the Logitech files are placed in (1) and there is no way of changing this even if you download the latest 64bit drivers scratch

I Think (1) is for 32 bit files and (2) is for 64 bit files seems a bit of a pain in the ass ... :aie:

All 4gb of memory now shows up in Windows and my internet speed has shot up from 3mb TO 32mb
i thought something was holding it back so as long as i can get everthing else working ok it should be much faster .. :banane:

Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit    Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit  Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jan 2012 - 10:26

The logitech drivers will install in the 32bit (1) Program Files m8,also go into control panel /user accounts then on left panel, click change user account control settings,and set the slider to never notify,that will give you full rights over everything you install,then when you install somethng,right click mouse /run as administrator :top: as for rfactor install not sure as i have mine on another drive scratch but windows 7 will put it in correct program file (1) or (2)

ps did you download drivers for 64 bit windows from logitech Question which should be lgs510_x64.exe and yes it is normal for it to show 2 controllers as in your pic if you right click on the gamepad icon/in control panel/devices and printers/ which says logitech g27/click game controller settings/then click properties you will access wheel settings :top:
Back to top Go down

Rfactor 1 install on windows 7 64bit
Page 1 of 1