Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 17:39

@ Gianluca: The lap was not too much, what is needed is a configuration in order to take 6 hours

@ Alberto: The setup was not particularly a qualifying setup, have you sought stability
For tires up to temperature it takes me about 2 laps

I'll do a test to consumption of gasoline and how to plan the pit stops

The English translation through Google must be pretty funny Laughing

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec 2011 - 17:58

Well since your setup had very little fuel, I considered it a "fast lap" setup. If I work on setups for the race, I usually do them with 1/2 tank full, and once ready I test them with full tank and almost empty for some laps to be sure nothing changes too much. With my tweaks I can do steady 1:08s with no problem and confidence.

The fuel consumption is not very high in this car, so I think with one hour or 1,5 hours stints we might not even need to have the full fuel tank each pitstop. Which would be good for pitstop quickness, tires and brakes Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 822172

EDIT:

Just finished a quick fuel consumption test, and I could do exactly 8 laps with 10 litres. Just after passing the finish line of the 8th lap, the engine started stuttering and stopped some metres later. It averaged some 1.38 litres per lap, according to the HUD I have installed. I was doing laps in 1:08 confortably, and with full tank (120 litres) I can do 1:09s also confortably. But with soft tires! We need to do a test to see what the softs hold before they are cooked.

So, 1.4 litres per lap means 85 laps with a full tank, or 99 minutes of racing with 1:10 laps. If we swap car after one hour, that would be around 51 laps stints, and we would need about 70 litres in the tank for each stint. Not bad, will keep the car behaving nice and the tires won't suffer that much Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 652294

This is all approximate calculations, we need to make averages from all of us and calculate with more precision.
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 12:55

I considered the possibility of buying a little better steering, mine, but at this moment i dont have money, then i think if any Driver would take my seat for this race, i can set me in stand-by, anyway if we cant found no driver i can race anyway:
The motivations are.
- I'm too slow at full fuel
- The feeling with the steering whell are too bad Mad
- Too high the risk to destroy the car.
Im not sure to make better.

And i know that, Jens are a fast driver, i dont want destroy yours race. Suspect pig

Sorry Jens for not having greeted the first. Welcome Jens! cheers
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 13:06

Jens will not be racing finally, he seems to have a GPL race in his league that day. Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 822172

Anyway, we can race ourselves and if someone else wants to take your place I have no problem. But don't worry about being slow, as I am also and what is required here is to be constant. I will PM you in the next days and we will arrange strategy and setup, which I have almost ready. We'll make more shorter stints with less fuel and that's it Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 652294
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012 - 11:52

Alberto ok i would make the race, but at last try i received by my controller a problem, someone know because at the high speed the car and the steeringwheel go to oscillation?
Though if i set the 1%/2% of dead Zone in my controller, the car dont go straight on track anyway. Suspect Mad

I'm seriously considering the opportunity to change the steering. :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012 - 12:49

Alberto i have reinstalled the mod in another directory, and then i try some lap online, with a my setup, i clean first 12laps with 25lap of fuel, the times was at first laps 1:12 - 1:11 - 1:10 an then the average was around 1:09.
after i have change the ForceFeedback from high to medium setting and my laps was better around 1second, and now the car go straight on. Very Happy

I do not know which medium or high setting for the FFB to choose, i need to try some laps. scratch
To high FFB setting seem i have more feeling but slow laps times
To medium FFB setting seem to fast car with a good feeling to the tyre on the ground, but less understeer feeling for example.
:smil20:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012 - 13:29

I will be concentrating in the tests for the final race setup this week. I'm more and more convinced that 1 hour stints will be the best for you and me, as we will be able to keep concentration better. That is about 50 laps per stint, so you can do some test runs with a fuel load for that. What we need is to be sure that we can have a pace that allows us to lap comfortably for a lot of time with the varying tyre degradation status, so adjust your braking and turn-in points accordingly to a safe margin. I will be more happy if we can do consistent and safe 1:10s, than if we do 1:08s alternating with 1:12s and some hairy moments affraid .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)   Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martini International Racing Team (Gianluca, Patrick, Alberto)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2