Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Of Tanks

Go down 
+10
Jon Hawkins
Antoine de Mautor
Franck Mercurio
Alberto Ibañez
Eric Daon
Ludovic Tiengou
Pierre Pfleger
Diego Dário
Jukka Närhi
Carl Larrad
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 17:58

Jukka Maattanen wrote:
There seems to be a fair amount of those who are perfect and every defeat is due to their teammates being idiots, which they'll gladly say out loud Rolling Eyes

I Hear what your saying i use the Grille a lot which is SPG or whats known as Arty
now i can hit 10 tanks and weaken them in a game without killing one , i reguarly get moaned at
but this game is a Team game and you cant blame the Arty because you did not
do your job as a team .....

Another game i will get 6 kills and i will be the best thing since Slice bread sometimes
some people are just complete morons but you get that whatever game you play ...

It still wont stop me using my Grille i have better tanks but i love it ..... Wink

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 17:59

Quote :
every defeat is due to their teammates being idiots, which they'll gladly say out loud

Yeah, that's why I prefer Uboat or racing simulators: You are alone on your own, and you can't hide your faults. What a Face

BTW why am I a much better submarine commander than racer??? World Of Tanks  - Page 3 822172 I seem to be an also-ran in raicng games, but a frigging ace in Uboat sims with an amazing seaman eye World Of Tanks  - Page 3 788525

If only I could translate my Uboat performance into racing performance, I would be racing against Carlo every time World Of Tanks  - Page 3 18590 World Of Tanks  - Page 3 18590 Hmmmm Carlo mate, ever thought of a multiplayer Uboat game?? World Of Tanks  - Page 3 70110
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 18:07

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
If only I could translate my Uboat performance into racing performance, I would be racing against Carlo every time
You need a racing game with rain!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 18:25

Quote :
You need a racing game with rain!

LOL no, better with Destroyers throwing depth charges at you while you race ...

Wait a moment, wasn't that Carmaggeddon 2? World Of Tanks  - Page 3 18590

World Of Tanks  - Page 3 70110
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 18:32

I'm sure we could try and shove you off the track if it were of any help, but I'm sure that'd be against the rules scratch
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 18:47

Well, if torpedo attacks are within the rules, prepare to be blown to smithereens lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011 - 19:17

I Cant believe what your saying ....
You put Carlo in a sub and he would probably Blow you out the water lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011 - 0:37

I've picked up a few fans .... lol!

World Of Tanks  - Page 3 30196510

World Of Tanks  - Page 3 29923610

Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011 - 10:56

Don't need those girls to love World of Tank...but for something else lol! lol!

Alberto U-boot warfare wasn't a lonely hunt. Ever hear of "Ruddeltaktik" where many U-boots attacked in pack convoys? :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011 - 11:04

Quote :
Alberto U-boot warfare wasn't a lonely hunt. Ever hear of "Ruddeltaktik" where many U-boots attacked in pack convoys? World Of Tanks  - Page 3 788525

Of course, I have a library of about 25-30 books dealing with the subject World Of Tanks  - Page 3 228364 Attacks were coordinated to a point, but then executed individually by each Uboot unlike in other branches of the army or air forces, where coordinated movement with the other units is required. Wolfpacks were used just to concentrate uboats around a convoy, and make them attack the same night to overrun the defeces, but nothing else. It was up to each commander to take the oppotumnities, choose the target, etc.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011 - 12:06

I Think ive found my ideal combination pig

World Of Tanks  - Page 3 My_tan11

Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011 - 9:07

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
Alberto U-boot warfare wasn't a lonely hunt. Ever hear of "Ruddeltaktik" where many U-boots attacked in pack convoys? World Of Tanks  - Page 3 788525

Of course, I have a library of about 25-30 books dealing with the subject World Of Tanks  - Page 3 228364 Attacks were coordinated to a point, but then executed individually by each Uboot unlike in other branches of the army or air forces, where coordinated movement with the other units is required. Wolfpacks were used just to concentrate uboats around a convoy, and make them attack the same night to overrun the defeces, but nothing else. It was up to each commander to take the oppotumnities, choose the target, etc.

For germans yes. But not for the US Navy where radio communications where most current.
But you could do a multi player attack with rules of communications for both SH3 and SH4.

If I'm right the BdU was coordinating the Ruddeltaktik from Kernevel (mostly). The USN let the sub commander decided for themselves. But radio interceptions weren't common for japanese
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-06-24

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011 - 17:40

I too have become a Tanker as well!

Decided to go the SPG route as I seem to get killed less and cause more damage. at the moment only got a Stugpanzer 2 SPG but good fun.

My name on there is Vogonhammer (part reference to the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy)
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011 - 16:39

got an awesome 0% survival with my Wespe so far...and no kill at all. I'm even better with the BT-7 and my great 7% survival rate :D.
So I'm not sure the SPG is so a good way as that. But, well, I'm a TD guy :jp:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:43

Ludo most tanks are useless until you upgrade them to the max but i see you got 6 kills with your Panzerjager thats as many as i got with my Grille so well done with that ..... :clap:

Most people either go down the Tank or Td route my mate loves the Stug III , i myself love the Grille
although i did get into the PzrIII/IV then the VK3601 which i still have in my Garage
but ive just got the Big gun on my Tiger and thats started to pay me back now ......

But its also really nice to go back to my T2 Light tank now and again ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011 - 8:43

I was most proud of my performance with my little PzJgI. But I've got help from two others tanks which got shot searching my future kills to do that. I don't remember their names but they do a real great job knowing I'll be backing them. And strangely it's on the worst map for me: Himmelsdorf.

But the medals I'm the proudest is the "Sniper" I've got with my Hetzer (which, for once, fell into a evenly match game with tank from Tier IV and V..and not the usual Tier VI, VII or even VIII my Tier IV has not chance to scratch at all if the guys don't blunder (I shot once a Jagdpanther with my Hetzer...the guy stop right in front of me and show me his flank...then his back..three shots later he was gone) and the two "Invader" I got with my BT-7 (589XP won on that one) and M3 Stuart (against Tier VI and VII and with an astonishing coordination with a medium Tier VI. I scout and dodge bullets. I shot anything I see. And he was kind enough to let me capture the base by myself keeping his position to cover me)
Back to top Go down
Pierre Pfleger
Pro Driver
Pierre Pfleger

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011 - 12:47

Carl Larrad wrote:

But its also really nice to go back to my T2 Light tank now and again ... Wink

For the moment the T2 Light Tank is my favorite. I had so much fun with it.

Now I try to make my M5 better but I don't have fun with it at all. Big tanks blow me with one or two shots What a Face and it really makes me nervous... grrr ! :D
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011 - 14:53

Mine is the PzJgI. So much fun this little TD then it will be the M3 Stuart and the MS-1.

And I think I'll never go up to Tier IV as the matchmaking is really hell for those tanks
Back to top Go down
Pierre Pfleger
Pro Driver
Pierre Pfleger

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2011 - 18:55

C'est vrai que lorsque tu as un tiers IV le matchmaker te met avec les plus gros chars et c'est pénible. J'ai souffert avec mon M5, mais maintenant j'ai pu mettre un canon de 75 dessus et ça devient interessant. J'ai autant de puissance de feu que les gros et plus de rapidité, sauf que j'ai moins, beaucoup moins de blindage. En étant prudent j'arrive à voir la fin des parties et à bousiller des Tigres etc... Je reprends du plaisir. Cool

Le M3 Stuart n'est pas terrible au début comme c'est de plus en plus le cas lorsqu'on avance dans le jeu je crois, mais une fois qu'on lui met des upgrades c'est le pied ! Le mien est maintenant en "élite", et lorsque je le prends je suis souvent en tête de liste ou juste deuxième. Quand c'est comme ça c'est fun parce qu'on est en général plus puissant que les autres et on fait un carnage. Very Happy Le tout est d'etre assez patient pour améliorer la bete. J'ai failli abandonner le M5 plusieurs fois, mais je me suis accroché et maintenant qu'il a tout au max dont le gros canon, je ne le regrette vraiment pas (mais il n'est pas "élite" car pour ça il débloquer le ou les char(s) suivant(s) et à ce niveau ils demandent trop de points de recherche pour qu'on achète de l'or, car j'ai calculé qu'avec 130 points de moyenne il me faudrait 460 parties !!!). Donc, si on veut continuer dans l'arbre des lights, il faut payer... sinon il faut passer aux moyens. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Oct 2011 - 0:24

ce qui est ch... c'est que je me retrouve 80% du temps avec des differentiels +3/+4. Et là c'est injouable au possible même avec le Hetzer. Pour ma part je suis plutot dans la voie de ne pas acheter quoi que ce soit au dessus du Tier III qu'autre chose
Back to top Go down
Pierre Pfleger
Pro Driver
Pierre Pfleger

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011 - 11:33

J'ai pensé comme toi fut un temps et il est vrai que j'ai gardé des tiers II et III, mais tout de meme, maintenant que j'ai plus de 900 parties !!! Shocked j'ai pu me chercher un tier VI (le M4A3E8 Sherman) et là je mle retrouve la majeure partie du temps avec des tout gros. Mais mon blindage me permet de ne plus exploser en one shot ce qui est très désagréable, et mon canon leur fait des dégats. Pas des gros, mais si on tombe sur un Tiger II par exemple et qu'il est occupé à tirer ailleurs, on arrive à le finir. Mais j'hésite à monter plus haut car après ils sont tellement lourd qu'il se trainent et ça j'aime pas, j'ai l'habitude avec mes ricains d'atteindre un petit 60km/h. :conduit: :D

On n'en a pas parlé, mais avez vous testé l'artillerie ? En général je la prends pour me calmer lorsque j'ai pris deux ou trois raclées de suite. Quand on en a une assez puissante pour pouvoir viser sur toute la carte c'est plutôt fun. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 16:22

Arty is like looking paint drying...very boring from my point of view with little to win (very few XP as I have quite a bit difficulties to hit anything but luck) and much to lose (arty shells are expensive..and so are repairs when you get smoked by a rush. And credits gains are rather small).

I never had any impressions of helping when playing arty. Try to kill a KV13 with a Wespe...it's utopical. You'll do around 5-10% damage and then the tank disappears from your vision. And don' speak about the time to reload. You could nearly take a nap :D

It's also very slow and painfull to upgrade I've found. I've bought a Wespe and I don't think I'll ever go after anything else in SPG.

In 1080 battles I've just got two Tier V (one premium Matilda gift from a friend and a T34). And the more I play the more I think I'll never go for top tier as it's really a painfull task which nearly disgust me from the game.

Pierre si tu veux des chars rapides essaye les deux BT et le T50 ils sont encore plus rapides que les US. Avec un BT7 en +2 j'ai reussi à faire partir d'un coté, remonter la carte jusqu'au camp ennemi, franchir la largeur dans le camp ennemi et revenir dans mes lignes par l'autre coté en survivant aux attaques de 13 tanks en furie
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011 - 10:55

Nice Signature Pierre i watch all your progress
Ludo, Pierre, Jukka, Jon and you are all doing really well .... :clap:

I Love Arty but it can be frustrating sometimes ...

But it is the easiest way to get 6 Kills lol!
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011 - 9:47

TD is really a good way to have 6 kills too. Got twice "warrior" achievements with my tiny PzJgI.

I've also collected "scout" for the first time this WE (and twice). With the new MM, my M3 Stuart now have some chances of surviving a scouting raid.

For me arty is a pain to play. I've got hard time to have do damage to tanks. And a harder time to gain kill. The only thing I'm good at with arty is survival. But I'm rising slowly my proefficiency with it. It's really a very different way to play.
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2013 - 2:38

It's been a long time, but I still play WOT :top: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Of Tanks    World Of Tanks  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Of Tanks
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next