Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another New Member

Go down 
+5
Ricardo Magno
Jan Kowalski
Antoine de Mautor
Guillaume Siebert
Jon Hawkins
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:19

Hi Everybody (sounds like sesame street? lol! )

I am rather new to all this sim-racing stuff but have had Rfactor a bit and done the odd bit of playing on it gradually turning off the aids to none (aside form clutch).

I am a motorsport nut however and have been working with my passion on other games including trying to set up a 1979 F1 mod on a game called Batracer (including some project cars), hence this mod including the Kauhsen is a dream!.

I hope to join you for Silverstone, I don't mind what in so if somebody tells me what I can have that would be great Laughing .

Cheers everybody.
Jon
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:27

Welcome at HSO Jon :hello:

I used to play Batracer too, but got tired of the too important random/luck factor.
Well the 1979 F1 mod is probably not the easiest way to begin in simracing, but why not Smile Do you have a steering wheel at least ?
Check the thread for the Silverstone race for the available chassis. At the moment none of them is available but i'm sure you'll find a seat before Sunday, we always have free cars before the races. And I think there's a high probability the Kauhsen will be free ^^
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:28

Croesawu Jon !

Hopefully there will be a free car for you for Silverstone Wink
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:31

Thanks guys.

I don't have a steering wheel yet but I am quite handy with the gamepad. (damn that fanatec breaking! Mad )
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:33

Can I turn up in a Kauhsen or something for Testing or Qualifying, just to tag along even if I cannot race?
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:35

I'm afraid you can't race with us if you don't have a wheel yet Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:40

Ok sorry I must have missed that, makes the loss of my Fanatec even worse now! Sad pale

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:42

Well we do have members racing without a steering wheel (Philippe Martinelli, Bernard Jeanmart), it only depends on how well you control your car. But we also had members using a pad and they were terrible on track.

You can come to tonite's qualifying session or just on the training server with the Kauhsen, but if it's not free for the race, you won't be allow to be on the grid. :smil20:

Last edited by Guillaume Siebert on Thu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:49

sounds fair enough, thank you.

It is like passing an ARDS test Laughing , very reasonable though, I understand why that is there.
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 22:01

I don't know about Bernard, but I know Philippe does have a wheel
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 22:25

Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Ricardo Magno
Club Driver
Ricardo Magno

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 9:08

Welcome Jon! Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 9:35

Welcome Jon :hello: !

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
But we also had members using a pad and they were terrible on track.

But then we also had members who were terrible on track with a wheel :D ! And we French all know our mate Libgo for instance who is racing with a gamepad and doing really well with it... But anyway you should consider switching to a steering wheel Jon (even a second hand one), as it is 90% of the fun Smile !

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jon Hawkins
Club Driver
Jon Hawkins

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 17:06

I would love to but as a student funds aren't brilliant for a few months (rally navigating also drains pennies quickly!) Neutral .....I might be of an average pace (for the car) but I hope to prove that I am a good well behaved backmarker Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 21:41

Hi Jon Welcome to HSO ....

My Red momo started playing up a few months back and i could not afford to splash out on a G25 they stopped making the G25 and they know go for silly money .....

So i managed to get another Red Momo of Ebay for £25 best money ive ever spent .... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010 - 18:09

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Logitech-MOMO-Racing-Force-Feedback-Steering-Wheel-/170502463590?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_JoysticksJoypadsGamepads&hash=item27b2bd2066

Don't forget... Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010 - 21:19

and anybody with dodgy pedals on there momo,this is how i fixed mine when i had one,cures the 90% throttle,and brakes sticking on :top:
http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010 - 22:47

Steve Parker wrote:
and anybody with dodgy pedals on there momo,this is how i fixed mine when i had one,cures the 90% throttle,and brakes sticking on :top:
http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html
Oh yeah... That's why I gave mine away Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Member   Another New Member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another New Member
Page 1 of 1