View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner

Number of posts : 3606
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:29

Great race while it lasted, started from pole which was good, but I spun exiting the chicane on Lap 3 or so, and then had to battle hard to catch Carlo and eventually overtake. The power of the Vette and the smoothness of my Porsche made it a very interesting battle, took me 4 laps from the moment I caught him up to actually get past for good ! Then I caught Gui while JP was disapearing in the distance, and pulled the same move but to no avail since he overtook me back on the long straightaway. I tried to push harder, but eventually spun the car in the 90° right hander at the back of the track and wrecked my car pretty badly Evil or Very Mad

Désolé Ben de t'avoir poussé en revenant en piste, je voulais rester bien inter mais avec ma roue crevé ca m'a fait sous-viré et je t'ai gêné pale J'espère que tu a pu dosé la Corvette comme il se devait par la suite :top:

Then I nursed it back to the pits just to wreck it again, terminally this time, in the pit wall. The damn thing wouldn't steer anymore ! Neutral

Anyway, great fun while it lasted, just a bit disapointed that I didn't finish it, but this mod is definitely the best for rFactor that's for sure :top:

Cya @ Laguna Seca ! cheers

Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:31

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Josh Harber wrote:
Guys thank you so much for letting me race Very clean drivers for the 2 laps I was in. Somehow I flipped my car lol

Josh I clearly said chatting wasn't allowed before the race and you did not respect that. That was your first race so that's ok this time, but i'll be less tolerant next time. :regl:

My apologizes I was kinda mad I flipped the car and said something then thought about the rule wont happen again

My ride.
Back to top Go down
http://rf.smakugames.com
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:36

Encore une super course au volant de ma BMW cls Very Happy
A partir de la mi-course il a fallu que je gère mes pneus pour pouvoir finir sans avoir à faire un stop
Je termine la course à la 10eme place au general et à la 8eme en GTO Very Happy
...mais avec seulement 2 points rouges sur mon pneu avant gauche :slurp:

Bravo à JP et Ben pour leurs belles victoires :top:
et merci à tous les pilotes pour leur fair-play en course Very Happy

Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:37

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
The bad news is, the Vette's tires could not do the whole race without a pitstop, so i'm gonna have to do another patch for that. And I think that concerns some other cars too.

Maybe it will be a good solution to use the same TBC on each class.

League Owner

Number of posts : 13538

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:38

=> RESULTS <=
=> REPLAY <=

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:40

Good race for me ...I am satisfied but ... we need to change the tyres? scratch We will make all the rece with no stops ? drunken

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:42

Wouhouuu cheers
I'm very happy with my race, :third: in GTU and 12th overall. :champ:
I take the start with 80L, it was definitely too much. So I was too slow and I never ran under 1.39 during the race.
First part was very interesting with Gianluca :top: I was disappointed to see you pitting (pedals problem? I saw your brakes lights turned on in straight before your pit).
After that I made the race without battle, but I gain a couple of positions.
20th to 12th, not bad again Laughing
This championship and 88DTM succeed me rather well. :banane:

edit: I finished the race with only one red point on my LF tire. :aie:

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 21:58

YEAH Thomas a very good race you have make :top:
Sorry for my lights ... i drove with foot resting lightly on the brake.. and maybe I should adjust the brake pedal --- X anyway i dont had problems with the brake scratch
nice battle! Congrats Thomas for your driving Very Happy
Congratulations to Vega for the last two rounds of battle! cheers

Last edited by Gianluca Desposito on Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner

Number of posts : 11663

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:10

I'm so stupid Sad . I knew I could not go the distance without pitting so I elected to start with 80L and to stop only to change the front tires around the 25th lap. The rears could go the distance if I nursed them and the stop would cost only 30s instead of 60s. It all went well except I gave the wrong orders to my pits and they changed the rear tires only Sad . So I had to do an extra pitstop. P2 in class is decent considering the big error I made Sad .

Grats to Ben who went the distance on one set of tires, great stuff :top: .

Honza what happened to you ?

Grats to JP :top: !

See yall in Laguna Seca !
:frank:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:12

Standings updated // Classements à jour

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:31

Bravo JP , Belle vitrine en 1 mois.:clap:

Pour moi course pourrie, tout va à peu près bien jusqu'au 10° tour où après quelques tours devant Pat je sors large et il en profite. A partir de là c'est la bérézina, les premiers arrivent déjà et à chaque drapeau bleu je m'écarte mais en plus je perds une place à chaque fois quasiment ( les petits malins...:raclure: ) et je me retrouve derrière les 3/4 des GTU. a chaque fois je reviens grâce à la BM dans la ligne droite, puis à chaque fois je perds le contact sur un drapeau bleu au gré des passages dans l'herbe. ( désolé Ludo la seule fois où je suis resté sur la trajectoire , c'est pour toi ..:D mais je venais d'en laisser passer un et il fallait quand même que je reprenne la route. ) . bref j'ai toujours été aux fraises sur ce circuit, pourtant je l'aime bien.Sad

PS : Gui , t'as oublié Luis Garcia dans le classement. :D

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:35

I too almost flipped my 'Vette! Managed to save it but it was close! Had no time to practice this week so I had no setup but decided to show up anyway. I had issues just getting there but made it in time to load the Sebring setup and start at the back. The gears were wrong just as the rest of the setup but fortunately I had a full tank so I figured I would just do the best I could and hope for a good result.
When I saw Carlo drop out then Gui I thought I had a shot at a top 10 anyway. Luckily more fell out and I just kept going. I ran 1:36s to 1:38s most of the race I think and the left side tires were showing cord but they held up to the end.
Had a few good battles along the way with some of the GTU cars. They could catch me in the twisty stuff and I'd drive by on the straights!

Maybe one pitstop should be mandatory....Gives us old guys a chance to rest!!!!! lol!
Great fun

Thanks and congrats to the podiums

Paul

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 22:45

It's a BMW Corvette? lol!

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 23:15

Thomas Cazorla wrote:

Of course... Razz

League Owner

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 1:08

Eric Plana wrote:
Thomas Cazorla wrote:

Of course... Razz

It happens because Paul's Corvette and Josh'BMW CSL have the same car number (#2), and so the same skin file name, "2.DDS". The same thing happen with Philippe's Pantera and Thomas' Capri with the number 31. I did not know that when I created the skinpack. Neutral

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 1:49

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Eric Plana wrote:
Thomas Cazorla wrote:

Of course... Razz

It happens because Paul's Corvette and Josh'BMW CSL have the same car number (#2), and so the same skin file name, "2.DDS". The same thing happen with Philippe's Pantera and Thomas' Capri with the number 31. I did not know that when I created the skinpack. Neutral

I can change my car number if this is an issue

My ride.
Back to top Go down
http://rf.smakugames.com
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 2:02

Carlo Pozzi wrote:
Could have finished the race instead, did some testing before that and i could have made it to the end

You must tell me your trick then. I lift off, around lap 29 to 35 just because I was concerned about the fuel and when I decided to go again..... not a chance, the left rear tyre was almost gone.... Was spinning all over the place.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but it would be indeed a close call, and struggling a lot with the car with still 5 laps to go wasn't really my intention (1/2 red square left RL tyre at lap 35 with Gui's setup)
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 7:27

So yesterday was not happy for me. Qualification is done well, and the second place was very good for me (Frank is an alien :jp: ) and time was my PB. In the half race i lost my concetration and spin Porsche, then lost 1 position. I wanted to go without a pit stop, so tempo in race was quiet then. 12 laps before the end of race i saw that it was impossible, then i prepared a pit stop in the next 2 laps . Unfortunately, at the same moment came my stomach problem which i had all yesterday and in the same lap when pit stop was needed i must go off to the toilet, omg. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lionel Demoment
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 7:52

Un retour plus tardif que prévu de chez le dentiste hier soir Crying or Very sad Bravo à JP, Ludo et Gérard :top:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 8:18

Course très tactique pour ma part. J'avais, pour une fois, un set de qualif ET un set de course. Bonne pioche pour le coup.
En qualifs ca part plutot mal. Impossible de trouver un tour clair et je roulais moins vite que mon PB...avec le plein. A quelques minutes je trouve une petite fenetre et je claque un 1.34.2 PB absolu cheers Me voici 6eme et premier non alien. De quoi être satisfait. Mais bon la course c'est autre chose.
J'avais fait des longs runs durant la semaine pour voir si tout tenait la route. J'avais vu que mon set de qualifs détruisait mes pneus et qu'ils ne pouvaient pas tenir 40 tours au final. J'ai donc assoupli quelque peu les ressorts et le différentiel. Ainsi la voiture agressait beaucoup moins les gommes et je pouvais tenir les 40 tours même si cela promettait d'etre chaud.
Au départ j'avais quelques craintes avec la Pantera de Jieffe qui pouvait déborder ma Porsche dans la ligne droite. Mais bon au green, Jieffe était assez loin. Je suis resté à l'intérieur et au V1 j'ai pu virer en tête (du groupe des individus de niveau moyen hein...pas de la course lol! )
Conscient que je ne pouvais absolument pas suivre les aliens devant moi, j'ai adopté un rythme plutôt sage dans le but de preserver au maximum les pneus. Devant je voyais les Corvettes qui faisaient fumer les pneus à tout les freinages et aussi en sortie à la réaccélération. Là je me suis dit "mon bonhomme, roule à ta main, préserve tes pneus. Au rythme où ils roulent devant ca va casser et détruire ces pneus. Si tu la joue tactique tu peux esperer un podium".
Derrière Jieffe disparait très vite, Gerard va lacher doucement prise. Devant je suis Tiago quelques tours. Très vite je reviens sur les attardés. Et là je ne suis pas très bon. Je perds beaucoup de temps vis à vis de Tiago dans cet exercice mais, ne voulant pas ré éditer l'accrochage de Sebring, je prends mon temps. Je vais très vite faire une course en solitaire. Mais bon j'adore le circuit donc cela ne me géne absolument pas.
Les tours passent puis je vois une corvette rouge sur le toit. Et hop une place de gagné. Puis tout les protagonistes vont abandonner les uns apres les autres. Et moi, avec mon train de sénateur, ben me voici troisième à mi course. Objectif atteint. Par contre bonjour le stress. A chaque attardé j'avais l'impression qu'une catastrophe allait arriver...ou que ma connection allait lacher.
Reste une dizaine de tours quand je vois soudain l'écart avec Tiago qui fond à vitesse grand V. "Les pneus" me suis je dit "ils sont cramés sur la Vette". J'ai alors poussé pour revenir et livrer un beau duel. Pas simple car mes pneus étaient aussi plutot usées à l'avant. Mais bon ca tenait. La voiture glissait mais pas trop. Et je suis revenu sur Tiago...pour le voir partir en toupie sous mon nez. Et là méga flip...je me suis vu l'accrocher et ruiner ma course. Je vais l'éviter je sais pas trop comment mais je pars dans le rail...que j'évite aussi. Grosse grosse chaleur là. Mais tout va bien se terminer.

Du coup je finis :second: . Inutile de dire la joie :banane: :banane: un podium avec une de mes voitures fétiches sur un de mes circuits fétiches lors d'une course pleine de maitrise tactique...wouawww que demandez de plus vu mon niveau cheers

EDIT: et meilleur consistency de la course...ouch c'est la fete de chez la fete sur ce coup là.

Last edited by Ludovic Tiengou on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 9:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 2399

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 8:44

Julien Lafon wrote:
... tout va à peu près bien jusqu'au 10° tour où après quelques tours devant Pat je sors large et il en profite...

Apres avoir fait un spin en debut de course je me suis retrouvé derriere toi pendant quelques tours et c'etait bien sympa :top:
J'ai pu remarquer que tu etais beaucoup plus vite que moi dans les lignes droites mais que tu avais aussi beaucoup plus de mal à negocier les parties sinueuses du circuit
Je suppose que tu avais mis un appui minimum sur l'arriére Question

Pro Driver

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 9:40

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Carlo Pozzi wrote:
Could have finished the race instead, did some testing before that and i could have made it to the end

You must tell me your trick then. I lift off, around lap 29 to 35 just because I was concerned about the fuel and when I decided to go again..... not a chance, the left rear tyre was almost gone.... Was spinning all over the place.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but it would be indeed a close call, and struggling a lot with the car with still 5 laps to go wasn't really my intention (1/2 red square left RL tyre at lap 35 with Gui's setup)

Was worried about the tyre wear in testing, so i did a full race distance and i managed to finish it with 1 red square left on the RL tyre, the only change i've made on the setup i gave you when we tested together was increasing the tyre's pressure a bit.

My laptimes after 30-35 laps with worn tyres were not so bad, was going about 1s slower than at the beginning of the stint
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 12:34

Well, maybe that's my problem.... Didn't do enough testing scratch
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:20

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Eric Plana wrote:
Thomas Cazorla wrote:

Of course... Razz

Je la trouve vraiment ratée la déco de ma Pantera, j'espère que tu pourras y trouver une solution Gui, c'est dommage pour une si jolie voiture...

Pour ce qui est de ma course, c'était très moyen, j'ai tout perdu aux stands en mettant de l'essence car je pensais (et je pense toujours) que cela ne passait pas... avec le changement des 4 roues en plus, la perte de temps était énorme... dommage!

Si non le début de course était sympa, j'essayais de garder le contact avec les Franck-Frank, en bataillant avec la Porsche GTU de Honza Mild, on s'est doublé plusieurs fois en bout de ligne droite, avant qu'il ne lache prise. Quand je commençai à revenir un peu sur "mes deux Frank-Franck", j'ai dû piter...

Je pensais être plus rapide que certains sur la fin de course, mais pas assez, je n'ai pu revenir et dépasser que des GTU, dont une avec laquelle cela a un peu frictionné...

Donc au final une course assez décevante pour moi.

Bravo JP et à tous les autres, merci HSO et à la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:41

Philippe Martinelli wrote:

Je la trouve vraiment ratée la déco de ma Pantera, j'espère que tu pourras y trouver une solution Gui, c'est dommage pour une si jolie voiture...

Ben c'est assez simple, va dans le repertoire "GameData\Vehicles\HISTORIC GT\HISTORICAL FIA GT\LM-72\LM72capri\CAPRI_LM72\52\skins" et supprime le fichier nommé 31.dds. Tu ne verra plus le skin Capri de Thomas, mais tu verra le tiens au moins.

Sinon je viens de faire quelques tours en Pantera sur Road Atlanta, j'ai une conso de 1,9L/tour, donc ça devait passer je pense. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Road Atlanta   

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Road Atlanta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next