Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970

Go down 
+4
Gianluca Desposito
Luigi Bonati
Guillaume Siebert
Stefano Banfi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefano Banfi
Rookie
Stefano Banfi

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-16

LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Empty
PostSubject: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 10:10

Does anyone knows the correct settings for P3000 in LEOFFB?

Thx
Stefano
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stetrompetito
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 11:26

I made settings for all prototypes some months ago (you have to set the steering ratio at 16° in your setup to use them correctly), you can download them here :
ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/Leo%20FFB.rar

You will find them in the LeoFFB/LM70 directory.
But be careful you can't change drivers if you're using this plugin. At least, it doesn't work for me, my G25 goes mad when I go into the car.
Back to top Go down
Stefano Banfi
Rookie
Stefano Banfi

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 11:57

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

But be careful you can't change drivers if you're using this plugin. At least, it doesn't work for me, my G25 goes mad when I go into the car.

Merci Monsieur! And what about realfeel and changing driver?

Stefano
Back to top Go down
Luigi Bonati
Club Driver
Luigi Bonati

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 12:37

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I made settings for all prototypes some months ago (you have to set the steering ratio at 16° in your setup to use them correctly), you can download them here :
ftp://91.121.135.76/rFactor/Leo%20FFB.rar

You will find them in the LeoFFB/LM70 directory.

We will have to try in order to avoid disagreable drawbacks!...
Ciao compare.
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 13:06

Stefano Banfi wrote:
Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Merci Monsieur! And what about realfeel and changing driver?

Stefano

I think it works but you have to reset the plugin after you jumped into the car or the FFB will be reversed. Im not 100% sure, you should better try it by yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 13:26

Reading to this.... sure we need to try RealFeel only. :smil20:
I have already installed some two plugin, anyway i move out of folder plugins the Leo's FFeedback. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 13:28

Is directly editing the FF-settings in the controler.ini file a problem for the online part? That's the way I have done it.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 13:46

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Is directly editing the FF-settings in the controler.ini file a problem for the online part? That's the way I have done it.

Timo

Timo you can help ?
I do not know exactly where to change a text string in "controller.ini" Neutral
Back to top Go down
Stefano Banfi
Rookie
Stefano Banfi

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 14:30

I'm gonna testing without realfeel and leo searching for the best setting in controller.ini. I will tell something to my mates

Italian Racers rulez! :top:

P.S. First i think we have to test togheter with realfeel only, and then we make the best choice.
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 16:24

Stefano Banfi wrote:
I'm gonna testing without realfeel and leo searching for the best setting in controller.ini. I will tell something to my mates

Italian Racers rulez! :top:

P.S. First i think we have to test togheter with realfeel only, and then we make the best choice.

I test only Real Feel after some lap with both the plugins (leoFFB and RealFeel). But the impressive on all 2 plugins are good for me... Instead only Real Feel are too light but I was tired from laps before. Sleep I need to re-try only Real Feel Plugin.

Italian Racers rulez! :top: :D
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 17:50

Gianluca Desposito wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

Timo you can help ?
I do not know exactly where to change a text string in "controller.ini" Neutral

I have adjusted the settings in the controller.ini with the Rosenhart settings for GTL as a basis, but seriously tuned down. I will post my settings tonight, when at home and give some indication as how to insert them.

Ciao ciao,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009 - 12:53

I promised to post here how I went about getting more feel in the steering wheel in the WSC70-mod. This had slipped my mind. Many appologies for that.

Anyway, this is what I did.

In the rFactor\Userdata\YourName-folder is a file called Controller.ini. You can open that file simply with Notepad and then edit it with Notepad.

In the file is a section called ForceFeedback. In that section, I have entered the values as schown below:

FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Ignore Controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers)
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.18500" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.05000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.0001000000" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force max change="100.00000" // Maximum change per second based on current difference between calculated and applied force, to help avoid jerky behavior (values under 15 or so should reduce jerkiness, 100 disables)
FFB steer force neutral range="0.00500" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force neutral function="0.00000" // Function to apply near neutral force location, in order to tune out FFB "deadzone" but keeping oscillations in check: 0.0=original, 1.0=new
FFB steer force exponent="0.77500" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="2.75000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip function="0.55000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 1.0) - lower values will make steering force decrease LATER as front tire grip is lost - try 0.3
FFB steer force grip weight="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.55000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6 (previously hardcoded to 0.4). How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer front grip fract="0.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 0.0), additional effect of front grip loss on steering force
FFB steer update threshold="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.28750" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="0.60000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.28750" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="0.90000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.28750" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.10000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.09500" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.10000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.02500" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.42500" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.75000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.30000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.12500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.25000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

That's how I did it.

These settings are based on the Rosenhart settings for GTL but are downtuned as the GTL FF is weaker as the rF one, so it didn't work. I use these with a G25 and FF-strength at -100% in the rF ingame settings.

Hope this helps.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Stefano Banfi
Rookie
Stefano Banfi

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009 - 14:30

Thx Timo, i'm gonna testing it.

Stefano
Back to top Go down
Ryan von Steinen
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009 - 15:59

We had the problem of wheel steering hard right when we did swaps at the L2R 24hr due to a teammate having Leo's installed. I wouldnt recommend it and have doubts of it being able to work at all even with resetting it. Once he removed the plugin, all went smoothly after that with swaps.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 0:43

Ive always used Leo's FFB Settings but i deleted the plugin for the 24hr LeMans race as i was told this
would interfere with other peoples races when they take over the car ........

Interestingly we all deleted plugins and decided to run with no plugins at all
but when i took over the car my steeing wheel decided to pull badly to the right ......

One thing i do no is even if you dont use any plugins before joining the race its a good idea
just to check your steering wheel on the same track but in an offline practice session ......
If you follow this procedure before you join the online race you should'nt have any problems
with your wheel pulling the wrong way ........
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 1:08

I must have tried twenty times, with different settings, to swap drivers using LeoFFB, it didn't work a single time, always had my steering wheel pulling to the right :smil20:

Without plugins, I never had problem with this mod or any other, but I know the "pulling to the right" thing is a common issue when swapping drivers. It seems to happen randomly.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 15:09

Has anyone tried the settings I posted above? Could be interesting to get some feed-back.
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 17:23

Sorry Timo I had try your setting for few day and dont remember if We (luigi and I or Stefano) have to use for drivers swap procedure, for this i cant help you for feed-back, i delete Leo's ForceFB because i have see the Ryan von Steinen's POST. Surprised

I have a new question! Somenone know that setting? in rFactor\UserData\Gianluca Desposito\Controller.ini
Default :
Quote :
Analog Control Filter="0" // 0 = off, 31 = on, or add which inputs you want filtered 1=throttle, 2=brake, 4=handbrake, 8=steering, 16=clutch

But i have set
Quote :
Analog Control Filter="31" // 0 = off, 31 = on, or add which inputs you want filtered 1=throttle, 2=brake, 4=handbrake, 8=steering, 16=clutch

Someone know if it is correctly!?
I have a Logitec Formula Force™️ EX.
Thanks!
:hello:
Back to top Go down
Tristan Bayless
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009 - 19:07

Gianluca - I do not know, sorry :-/ .

Timo - I qualified with your controller settings and was happy with how the steering felt. The caster effect on the steering is good, so it isn't too difficult to catch a big cross-up, and I can feel where the front end grip is pretty well. I am used to fine-tuned Leo settings, and your .ini settings get the wheel to feel pretty close to what I like. Thanks for posting!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970   LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEO FFB Setting for World Sportcar 1970
Page 1 of 1