Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars

Go down 
+27
Rob Bakker
Anthony Petakas
Fred Gubbels
Richard Roberts
Kimmo Kononen
Tiago Malafaya
Fernando Almeida
Frank Labédan
Gianluca Desposito
Allar Foht
Jean-François Bovy
Olivier Mathieu
Vincent Beretta
Roberto Padrino
Yannick Lampure
Timo Vermeersch
Luis Garcia
Antoine de Mautor
Berkem Ceylan
Lionel Demoment
Eric Campillo
Ryan von Steinen
Patrick Marucco
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
Ludovic Tiengou
Guillaume Siebert
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 15:07

Richard Roberts wrote:
His father also nearly got killed by Ickx at le mans, I believe!

Both fathers were at the same spot as they're brothers...That's all. And both saw the car "taking off". One reacted promptly dodging the car. The other froze up but, fortunalety, wasn't in the path of the out of control car.
I've once try to speak about that crash but both my father and my uncle are quite mute about it. They just said they were there. I've let my father see the game 512S Coda Longa. He recognised it immediately..exept he said he saw it from a different point of view.

So yes ODS Tyrex and I we're related but we're not the same guy
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 19:29

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Mine almost killed Ickx for stopping the 1984 Monaco Grand Prix premarturely lol! .
I Remember that race very well know who would
have won it had it not been stopped early .....
Senna in the awesome Toleman or
Awesome Bellof in the Tyrell .......
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 19:32

Hehe yes would have been nice to see a Tyrrell win ! But then at the end of the year the victory would have been taken away from them anyway, as all their 1984 results have been Sad ... so Senna anyway I guess ^^ .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 20:24

Senna etait dans une toleman. Si ickx avait laissé faire quelques tours de plus, je crois que Prost aurait été champion cette année là. Mais avec des "si" ...
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2009 - 23:14

Oui mais Bellof, qui remontait Senna qui remontait Prost Wink , était dans un Tyrrell. Mais oui c'est vrai Prost aurait surement été titré !
Back to top Go down
Christopher Snow
Rookie

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 8:49

Paul Nadeau has agreed to team up with me for this event,* so in the interest of making our entry "official" ASAP (and thus making sure we get the model car we want), I'll register our claim now:

Paul Nadeau and I would like to claim car #45, the Martini 908-2.

[* Two notes: I'm in contact with a third driver too (who has not yet registered at HSO), and we may want to add him to the team as well--I'll assume this is not a problem, provided he does register here, correct?

I'm also assuming it will be possible to switch later to the #47 car instead (unless someone has already claimed it by then), true? We do not intend, any of the three of us, to drive any of the other team cars at all, so it's mostly a mere matter of "color preference" with us, I suspect... :D.]

CS

Last edited by Christopher Snow on Thu 3 Dec 2009 - 9:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 9:11

Christopher Snow wrote:
Paul Nadeau has agreed to team up with me for this event,* so in the interest of making our entry "official" ASAP (and thus making sure we get the model car we want), I'll register our claim now:

[* Two notes: I'm in contact with a third driver too (who has not yet registered at HSO), and we may want to add him to the team as well--I'll assume this is not a problem, provided he does register here, correct?

I'm also assuming it will be possible to switch later to the #47 car instead (unless someone has already claimed it by then), true? We do not intend, any of the three of us, to drive any of the other team cars at all, so it's mostly a matter of "color preference" with us, I suspect... :D.]

CS
I Think you will do well im glad you and Paul could make it
i was trying to think of a strategy last night so that you could drive the
Saltzburg 917 for the 1st 4hours but as usual im too slow LOL !!!! :doh:

Just need to change are tactics so im driving against Paul at the right time
as im looking forward to renewing are fight from Beunos Aires ....... Wink
Back to top Go down
Christopher Snow
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 9:31

Hehe: I saw your/someones suggestion actually about sharing a 917 ride, but frankly (and even though it's still my very favorite car ever), it's also a real workout to drive it around Nurburgring. In fact, it's SUCH a big beast, that you could say it's actually "too much car" for the track, particularly for drivers who would tire easily while wrestling with its heavier steering.

[Belgian driver Paul Frere drove both on the same day at Nurburgring back then and said as much]

----

In April 1970 Siffert was actually able to take a 908-3 around the old track in 7:41, while his best lap in a 917 was nearly seven seconds slower (7:47.7)...and the 917 also required a third pitstop for fuel...so it was a very easy choice for the factory teams to go with the smaller car for this particular race (and for the Targa Florio too, of course).

FWIW, Siffert's best lap in a 908-2 was apparently 8:00 flat, showing the considerable improvement made through the redesign and lighter component selection of the 908-3.

I do believe the "performance gap" between the two 908 variants here in our CSGT mods would be somewhat smaller, although if one of you 908-3 drivers can run a lap of 8:47 or better, I'll be proven wrong (that would be 19 seconds faster than my own best in the 908-2 so far, and so roughly the same time difference Siffert realized himself between the two models).

Looking forward to this race. :D

CS
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 12:19

Christopher Snow wrote:

I'm also assuming it will be possible to switch later to the #47 car instead (unless someone has already claimed it by then), true? We do not intend, any of the three of us, to drive any of the other team cars at all, so it's mostly a mere matter of "color preference" with us, I suspect... :D.]

CS

So I can already book the #47 Porsche 908 02 for Paul and you right ? No problem a third driver can join you after you booked the car Wink
Back to top Go down
Christopher Snow
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 18:48

Actually, I didn't hear anything from Paul suggesting that we "need" to have the yellow car, so we'll just stick with the #45 Martini car after all, thanks, Guillaume.

Still trying to contact that potential "third" driver (via email through another league-site), but I did talk to him online last night, and he's generally up to speed with things. Seemed pretty agreeable to the idea when we spoke about it.

He was part of a team that ran a CSGT/WSC 70 "24 hours of LeMans" (at L2R, I think) a while back, so he's got some experience with endurance racing, driver changes, using voice for coordinating driver changeovers, and with these mods too.

FWIW, he and I are racing "against each other" in a short race (just nine laps) on the same track Dec 7, using the VLN 2005 mod (but we're actually racing two different classes of cars)...so he knows the track. Or if he doesn't know it, he certainly will by the time we've finished practice, qual, and that race. :D

CS

Last edited by Christopher Snow on Thu 3 Dec 2009 - 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 18:58

The Dec 7 race must be the efnet race right ? Gui and I raced a bit at Tigeraid's cool league last year. I keep checking the schedule (always nice tracks) and all, one day I might pop up again Smile . But that's some 3:00am racing for us you know...
Back to top Go down
Paul Nadeau
Experienced Driver
Paul Nadeau

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 19:13

Carl Larrad wrote:

I Think you will do well im glad you and Paul could make it
i was trying to think of a strategy last night so that you could drive the
Saltzburg 917 for the 1st 4hours but as usual im too slow LOL !!!! :doh:

Just need to change are tactics so im driving against Paul at the right time
as im looking forward to renewing are fight from Beunos Aires ....... Wink

Hi Carl

When Christopher gave me the invite I immediately said yes just so we could do battle again Very Happy Hopefully I am faster with his setups than my own or it won't be much of a battle but it will be fun anyway. It looks like I will be doing the last 2 hours as Chris has other activities that day so he'll start and I'll finish. Were not sure yet about the middle.
Going to be fun

Paul
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 19:20

Ok so that makes 21 teams now Smile
Back to top Go down
Christopher Snow
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 22:23

Frank Verplanken wrote:
The Dec 7 race must be the efnet race right ?

Yes, that's the one. I started racing with them only a short while ago (in their six-week Monday night PCC_2007 series, which just ended), although I've raced them off-and-on too in "pickup" races since the HistoriX mod was first released last year. Good group of guys, I think, although I can't say I know any of them very well yet.

BTW, the third driver we're trying to add ran that same efnet PCC series. Still waiting to hear back from him today.

CS
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Dec 2009 - 23:29

Christopher Snow wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
The Dec 7 race must be the efnet race right ?

Yes, that's the one. I started racing with them only a short while ago (in their six-week Monday night PCC_2007 series, which just ended), although I've raced them off-and-on too in "pickup" races since the HistoriX mod was first released last year. Good group of guys, I think, although I can't say I know any of them very well yet.

BTW, the third driver we're trying to add ran that same efnet PCC series. Still waiting to hear back from him today.

CS
It would'nt be Brian Heitkotter, Gurney 67 or Reynard would it ....
Back to top Go down
Christopher Snow
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 1:10

Gurney67, yes.

Didn't occur to me to ask Bryan, although it should have--I spent most my time there chasing him. Only managed to win one race--he swept all the rest. Very, very tough to beat.

You guys have your collective "ear to the ground" around here I can see. :D
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 1:50

They where all my team mates in the Le Mans 24hr race .....Good Choice ....
Back to top Go down
Christopher Snow
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 7:44

Well, what are the odds? LOL

If I knew that, I forgot it (but I do think this is the first I've heard of it).

Can I ask if you and Gurney were able to find common ground in a Le Mans setup fairly easily? Or was it a real struggle?
I think you liked some things in the one I sent you the other night (for your 908-3)...and I have to wonder if it was very different than what you might remember about setups you ran before. Just as far as "feel" and "confidence inspiring," I mean.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Corliss
Club Driver
Glenn Corliss

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:34

Hi all, especially Carl! Smile

I'm happy to join Chris and Paul in the Porsche 908-2... not sure where we are with which number at this point... 45 or 47?

Carl, I didn't realize until I signed up and read this forum that this was the same race you told me about back when we ran the LeMans 24hr race. I thought I was going to be travelling back when you asked, so I couldn't accept. My plans changed, and I got that trip out of the way last week, so here I am. Didn't mean to snub you, pal!!! Smile

Looking forward to racing with you again, except this time we'll be on the track at the same time... well, possibly. Smile

Chris, I'm pretty easy with setups... whatever is working for you and Paul will surely be fine for me.

Is it true that we'll be able to change steering lock and brake pressure for each driver?
Back to top Go down
Kimmo Kononen
Experienced Driver
Kimmo Kononen

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:35

This is starting to get really boring. Every time there is a Nordschelife race something happens so that I either can't race, get disconnected, anything. I think I am a world record holder in number of practice laps done at this track without ever have made it to a race. Thousands of laps, no wait, we did a test race once... Anyway, so a relative passed away and I'm going to the funeral. On Friday, in Finland, so there is no way I can do the race. SadSad

So I suppose the #22 Ferrari 312 is avaialbe for someone else, unless Richard can find a replacement driver to do it with him. He'll have to decide what to do, but so far as I am concerned... Have a good time all the rest of you! Damn it...
Back to top Go down
Glenn Corliss
Club Driver
Glenn Corliss

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:38

Chris... quick, grab that 312!
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:49

Damn, hard luck Kimmo Neutral

Welcome Glenn.
Chris booked the #47 908, but if your teammates are ok you can still switch to that free Ferrari 312.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 20:29

Bad news for me too. It's looking increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to make the race as this computer is taking WAY to long to get sent. I have my end of the deal (money), but my dad in the States still hasn't packed it yet and still hasn't given me a date as to when he will ship it and how long it will take!! Mad

This is soo annoying! I was soo long forward to this, if anything changes, I'll let you know. But for now I feel very bad for Ludo and if anyone is interested to drive the 512 PLEASE join Ludo, he's working hard. I can stay "with" the team for translation (I speak French as well) but I just don't see myself making the race (it is next weekend right?).

Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 23:55

Sasha Sosnowski wrote:
. But for now I feel very bad for Ludo and if anyone is interested to drive the 512 PLEASE join Ludo, he's working hard. I can stay "with" the team for translation (I speak French as well) but I just don't see myself making the race (it is next weekend right?).

Mad Crying or Very sad

Don't be Sasha. It's life. I know the choice of the Ferrari 512 will have made many drivers flee. And they're a bit wrong as the car isn't so hard to drive even at Nordschleiffe. If you drive it smoothly (brakes a bit earlier and sligthly on the pedal. Be gentle on the throttle) it's quite a good car indeed. I find it even easier to drive with some pratice than the Alfa or the 312. And I'm much more faster on the 512 than the two others cars. My PBs are 9.22 on Alfa and 9.25 on 312 to a 9.14 in 512 or a 9.18 in Lola T70. I'm even faster on race time with the 512 (around 9.19-9.20) than my PB on the P3000.

I look like Kimmo indeed. I'll do much practises on the Ring for ECGT (and get disconnected after 3 minutes racing), DTM (absent for the race) now WSC. Haven't done thousands laps though just hundreds
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 0:34

Ludo i know your heart is on the 512 but the offer is there if you would like to join us with the dreaded Saltzburg 917 ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars   Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nürburgring 1000 km 1970 : Voitures disponibles || Available cars
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next