Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Driver required for 24hr sim race

Go down 
+8
Paul Nadeau
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
Patrick Marucco
Ludovic Tiengou
Timo Vermeersch
Guillaume Siebert
Richard Roberts
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 15:56

For anyone who is interested here are the provisional results ...

Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Result10
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 17:16

I'm too sadistic to put a end to your misery :D :D :langue:
Well one clue. I never was on the track with you on the wheel :jp:
Nonetheless good race of the ODS with the poorest car of the lot

But what a race..glad to have done it. I'm wear out so won't be at Misano tonight
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 18:54

Lots of familiar names Smile . Well done Yves for the top 10 :top: ! I see Claus 20th, just behind Franck Levasseur and our ODS pals. I see Efnet people were there too, and nice to see a Border Reivers team 8) ! How did the other HSO members do in the race ? Carl ?
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 20:13

Carl finished 17th with Effnet car. Brendan finished 4th with R4R. Mikael Taloc finish 16th with L2R. Yves finish 10th but his car crashed many times and very soon too. Claus finished 20th with Wolf (having a big battle in last hours with ODS)

As for me, well, I'm to shy and modest to say :D

Oups forget Franck 19th with the slowest car of the race. Nice job for that team :top:

Don't think I forget someone. Just a shame none HSO team attended the race
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 20:26

I Think Christophe Blin was in the 3rd Place 917 (#21)
I Drove the ODS 908 car in practice as they where unsure if they would have 4 drivers
it was a lovely car to drive handles really well but slow as hell on the Mulsanne ......

Hey Ludo Did you have any problems with disconnections .....
How many stints did u do and have you slept much ....

I was up for 22 hours before i had 2 sleep and i did 2 stints with the team ......

Last edited by Carl Larrad on Sun 25 Oct 2009 - 20:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 20:31

I read it was possible to restart from the pits if your car was destroyed, with only a 1 lap penalty. Appart from the fact that it shouldn't be possible (this should be simply the end), the penalty should be at least of 15 or 20 laps in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 20:49

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
I read it was possible to restart from the pits if your car was destroyed, with only a 1 lap penalty. Appart from the fact that it shouldn't be possible (this should be simply the end), the penalty should be at least of 15 or 20 laps in my opinion.

The realism in my eyes was not there as far as retirements i think if they had set the damage to 100% i think over the 24 hours it would have been a very long boring race as there would have been lots of retirements and a lot of dissapointed team mates ,i had a couple of near misses but nothing that would have made me press ESC ....

I Think this race was more about fun rather than realism ......They have proved that you can have a 24hr race with nearly 100 drivers in Rfactor
I Also Think you are correct in saying a harsher penalty should be imposed the 24 hours is not all about speed its about
team work and being a reliable driver ,this is what attracted me to it ....

One things for sure this wont be the last 24 hr race but a lot of things have been learnt the driver swap feature worked great for Rfactor and i cant see any reason why it could not be implemented in some shorter races ...I Dream of 6 hour group C races one day with Rfactor .....
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 23:15

Carl Larrad wrote:
I Think Christophe Blin was in the 3rd Place 917 (#21)
I Drove the ODS 908 car in practice as they where unsure if they would have 4 drivers
it was a lovely car to drive handles really well but slow as hell on the Mulsanne ......

Hey Ludo Did you have any problems with disconnections .....
How many stints did u do and have you slept much ....

I was up for 22 hours before i had 2 sleep and i did 2 stints with the team ......

So I've heard about the 908. Strange for a car so successfull in race. It win after all the category in 1970

I've changed the cable of connection as you did. And it works quite well. I've done two stints after midnight and slept 4 hours as I have to manage for the team TV, live report and to get informations required by my team mates about race facts. I was a better Jean Todt as Shumacher as it seems :D

Quote :

As said Carl, it's a better think to do so. If not they'll be not a single car at arrival. We were there to enjoy living a legend, to do a challenge (try to drive 3 hours straight as some teams did...I've in training and it's rather exhausting as we're not professional pilot. The real guys back in 1970..I can't imagine how they managed to do that races with only two men-crew).

And it was a first. So thy'll be some points to ameliorate for sure. May be penalties more harsh for crashes and more lightly for disconnection. Some of us asked why was crashes and disconnection equals in terms of sanctions. Something to do with the game which cannot distinguish between ESC resulting in a crash or a disconnection. Nonetheless almost every team was really pleased and happy to be there. Many ones have already said they'll be back as they got thrill, happiness, friendship, teamwork and a part of a dream. All this race was about. So, despise these, this was a true success
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 23:25

For me that's part of the thrill and the fun, to know that everything could be finished if I do the fatal error. That's what makes this race so hard and so special. No DNF at all, it's ridiculous in my opinion.

2 years ago Martin Antoine and me were doing a 24 hours race on GTP, and I crashed the car something like 3 hours after the start, the engine died and that was the end. I was really pissed off, for me and for my teammates (Antoine didn't take a single stint on this car, but managed to drive on another car), but that's racing ! We were back next year and finished 2nd Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 9:58

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
For me that's part of the thrill and the fun, to know that everything could be finished if I do the fatal error. That's what makes this race so hard and so special. No DNF at all, it's ridiculous in my opinion.
I Fully agree with what you are saying ,everyone no's im one of the slower drivers on HSO and i race mostly for fun i had no illusions that i was going to win Le Mans in the Matra but i am for the most part not a reckless driver and i would hope ive proved fairly reliable and i think if this race had been on HSO and we had had damage set higher it would have helped me out no end in the race ...Before i entered the race i did'nt even no about the ESC rule as i was a late entry.....

I Thought i was going to have to hit ESC as my car and wheel was pulling really badly to the left in my first stint i could not understand why as i had not hit anything hard but i went in the pits for an early pitstop and any minor damage to be repaired and New tyres fitted i came out and it was still the same my laptimes where suffering because of this ,i had a small powersurge or spike and i think it must have changed the calibration on my wheel completly out of my hands i did,nt hit ESC but i pitted again and we did a driverswap one of the reasons why we had so many pitstops ....

I Think my team mates hit ESC once in the night as the car was damaged not while i was at the wheel it was not an easy descicion to make as we where loosing 7 seconds a lap with 2nd best driver at the wheel we hit ESC did a driver change and got a newly repaired car totally unrealistic i no but it did take Bryan are best driver nearly 2 hours two unlap himself and to catch the driver infront back up ......

This was the first time a 24 Hour race had been run in rFactor & L2R have proved that it can be done .....
This was a very successful experiment but i can assure you that the ESC rule will be looked at when they race the 24hour race again and penaltys will be much harder ....

Im sure that if we ran this race at HSO then we could come up with a much better and more realistic solution for all ....

Quote :
2 years ago Martin Antoine and me were doing a 24 hours race on GTP, and I crashed the car something like 3 hours after the start, the engine died and that was the end. I was really pissed off, for me and for my teammates (Antoine didn't take a single stint on this car, but managed to drive on another car), but that's racing ! We were back next year and finished 2nd Smile

OMG So 2 years later has he forgiven you yet lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 9:59

Arrow RACE SUMMARY Arrow

As this was my first time racing with L2R or Effnet i had been told how competitive Bryan are team leader
was i was much slower than him and i was much slower in the race than i was in practice , i was paranoid
that i was letting the team down as this was the first time i had actually raced with them ,but once all of my team mates had driven i soon realised that a 24 hour race is not all about speed you need someone who can put lap after lap on the board without 2 much drama and thats where Captain slow comes in LOL !!!! :jp:

Bryan did the 1st stint as he was are quickest driver made an amazing start and cemented the team in 8th place way ahead of the other matra are 2nd best driver was at work and did not finish until 12pm so i took over the car next ....
I Was managing to keep a fairly good pace and kept hold of our 8th place when disaster happened server disconnected
i was panic stricken as i thought my disconnection troubles had come back ......... Embarassed

When i eventually got back onto the server it what soon apparent that everone had been disconnected everyone was thrown into confusion as to what was going on but we started racing again we pulled out of the pits and started the race again in group formation so P5000 then S5000 and then P3000 , This was the only part of the race i could not understand all the hard work done by Bryan was undone i started loosing places as i had completely lost my concentration i was tired and as i said earlier i had my wheel issues so i was more than happy to do a driver change early .... :aie:

I Handed over to are 3rd driver Gurney 67 and realised that i was not the slowest driver after all LOL !!!! I had found my eviltwin ,only joking Glenn ......again another driver who just banged in the laps without much drama .....A Few trips to the pits to repair minor damage but nothing major ..... Neutral

I Think Bryan took over again and he got us back upto something like 12th place amazing
driver especially in the dark , time for my 2nd stint just went to do a driver swap
and on Bryans inlap we gets another bloody disconnected server ... Mad

I could not believe it thats twice while im involved this was the session that i had been dreading as i had done about 3 laps in the dark in training and new i was going to be slow ,slower than normal LOL !!!Well lucky for me when they rebooted the server it was daylight again yeehah my prayers have been answered ...... Wink

I Continued putting in steady laps the matra is indeed a handful my team was also using the upgrades H Shifter and Manual transmission which made for much quicker gear changes but also made it tricky for me changing down thru the gears especially into 1st gear very easy to lock the rears up so i played safer and kept it in 2nd for a lot of the time which also affected my laptimes halfway into my 2nd stint my gfx got completely screwed and my race was as good as over on every braking point i had the words HOTEL all over the track so it was impossible to even see the kerbs my team mates could see i was struggling with my laptimes so they could see something was wrong ,so was again fortunate to see an earlier than expected driver change ...... :aie:

Reynard took over he had just got home from work at 12pm he had practiced and practiced and practiced racing in the dark as he new he was going to be are night time driver so he was a little surprised and dissapointed to be now racing in daylight hours after the earlier server disconnection ......

We had several driver changes after that i thought it safer not 2 continue after my gfx problem and Reynard had some hours to catch up i think it was reynard who had a big accident and damaged the car badly enough for the team to consider if it was worth hitting ESC with the penalties incurred it was not a choice we took likely but went for it we where nearly in last place Bryan took over and did an amazing job to get the car back up to 17th place unlapping himself several times and was onlu 23 seconds behind 16th place ......Like Ludo said this was all about team work i raced with 3 guys i did'nt even no i had never raced with before and i only did one driver change with Bryan in practice to see if everything worked ok ...... :drink:

If i was to race again i would love for us to have a team HSO and a better car now who would you put in your Dreamteam baggsy being Captain Slow in the HSO Junior team LOL !!!!

Hey Ludo come on mate spill the beans how did your team get on ....
I Even asked TYREX if he was you as i was convinced it was you but he would not answer me lol!

I Would like to thank all the well wishes and also my team mates
Bryan Heitkotter
Reynard
Gurney67

Most of all id like to thank Richard for inviting me
and also for all his help getting me up to speed with this race ..... :top:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 10:39

Carl Larrad wrote:
OMG So 2 years later has he forgiven you yet lol!

I hope so :D
Nah fortunately, if I remember correctly, we entered 3 cars that year and Antoine managed to drive on the other cars.
The next year, we entered 3 cars again, I drove a total of 18 hours on 2 cars lol!

Great summary Captain Slow :clap:
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 11:19

We've got a good race altogether and we've done a better results than expected. And I find myself better in managing the team than driving the car in fact.
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 22:22

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Ya,me and Damian have experienced blown motors and clutch failure -a parked car in the Porsche curves..But that's racin'..We came back this year and almost won the damn thing with a nice 2nd place to Antoine and Team Orion..We'd still like another shot but I don't think it's gonna be at Vader..But that's why we go back!"Racing is life,everything else is just waiting..." :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Christophe Blin
Rookie
Christophe Blin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: we finished at 3rd place in the S5000 and 4th place in S3000   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 19:53

Hi people,

those 24H were stunning. Patrick must be thanked for all the tremendous work he achieved and the fantastic tool he provided.

"Yes we can" race 24H hours on the same game session and that is fantastic

We really enjoyed the game and the ecurie Leopard finishes on 3rd place on P5000 and 4th on P3000... we are really happy and proud

Just a little technical feedback

First the alfa 33 had all the drivers in the same place so we didn't experience any issue with driver swaps and everything worked perfectly...

For the 917K, one driver was in toulouse (steff5l6) and all the driver swaps worked perfectly... we introduced a driver swap procedure (reboot computer, drive 1 minute in practice session, then log on and at least two laps before the swap) and it worked perfectly... even with the fact that we had the realfeel plugin combined with leoffb... we only had one problem when antoine suddenly crashed after a flash pitstop because we had an issue with the pedals of the G25... he suddendly had no steering anymore and crashed after the dunlop bridge and lost an wheel... we hit escape and wanted to go back on track but the car has not been repaired and was still on 3 wheels... then a second escape and it still was the same proble, 3 wheels... then we decided to disconnect and when we came back it was allright...

but this caused us the lost of the second place overall...

I personnally had some brake issues with the 917 at the end of the mulsanne straight or at other fast locations on the track, even if I was very carefull with the brake distances... the car suddenly lost a lot of brake power.. but as i am concerned with brake overheating sometimes in real trackdays i supposed that the brakes of the 917K were overheating too and that i had to preserve them... and it worked pretty well... i really think that the brake overheating was the reason

But else, evrything was perfect, we really made a good race !!!!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 7:36

Good article here about the 24hr race and a small explanation how L2RES Works

http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports4/motorsports_134a.html

and a nice video makes me want to do it all over again ....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver required for 24hr sim race   Driver required for 24hr sim race - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver required for 24hr sim race
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3