Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races

Go down 
+26
Matt Wright
Matias Estrela
Krzysztof Babij
Myfanwy Fflur
Rob de Vries
Martin Jaspers
Henry L. Smith
Marek Liolias
Isidoro Jauregui
Karel Marciniszyn
Mark Johnson
Gérard Ryon
Niklas Kirsten
David Purchase
Jim Carvalho
Bruno Chacon
Pascal Mikula
Stef Hermans
Rhys Gardiner
Mark A Warmington
Declan Brush
Austin Burchfield
Ricardo Magno
Darren Andrews
Honza Mild
Frank Verplanken
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Myfanwy Fflur
Club Driver
Myfanwy Fflur

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2022-10-23

1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jun 2023 - 22:44

Finally I can say I'm in (unless I got lost in the woods on Sunday)

Frank Verplanken and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
Krzysztof Babij
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2023-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jun 2023 - 9:02

Sorry guys, absent this time.

Back to top Go down
Matias Estrela
Club Driver
Matias Estrela

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jun 2023 - 15:07

presente

Back to top Go down
Matt Wright
Rookie
Matt Wright

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2022-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 3:26

I wasn't 100% sure if I could make it either but will be present. My partner has been battling covid all week and assumed she may pass it on but I have avoided it by the looks cheers

Back to top Go down
John Cook
Club Driver

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 10:23

i can make it

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 12:02

Here are the prequalified drivers for tonight’s races.

There are still four spots left for Race 1. If you have a car eligible for it but have not set a prequalifying time, you can join the race provided you declare your presence in this thread.

Race 2 is full with 20 cars present.

Race 1 – Under 2,000cc

Niklas Kirsten
Mark A Warmington
Martin Bayer
Darren Andrews
Matias Estrela
Pascal Mikula
Robin De Vos
Martin Jaspers
Stef Hermans
Jim Carvalho
David Purchase
Ragnar Loddelbrog
Declan Brush
Toby Johnson
John Cook
Frank Verplanken

Race 2 – Over 2,000cc

Matt Wright
Niklas Kirsten
Erwann Burguiere
Austin Burchfield
Isidoro Jauregui
Darren Andrews
Ricardo Magno
Rhys Gardiner
Gerard Ryon
Martin Bayer
Nicolas Hillebrand
David Purchase
Lari Salminen
Mark Johnson
Toby Johnson
Pascal Mikula
Declan Brush
Honza Mild
Gérard Ryon
John Cook

:hello:

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Rory MacDuff
Rookie
Rory MacDuff

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2023-02-22

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 12:21

Can be present as backup

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 12:23

OK :top: Martin thinks he won't be able to make it, in which case you're in.

Back to top Go down
David Purchase
Club Driver
David Purchase

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2023-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 12:25

Sadly I'm going to have to pull out of tonight's race.☹

It's a pure competency \ safety issue. I just can't string a lap together without losing control. Occasionally I can hang on to set a time but I'm not going to be able to keep things under control through a whole race on a tight track.

And I don't want to ruin anyone else's race.:urgence:

I have even tried pottering around really slowly but I still manage to crash on most laps. At that speed, it could be when someone is lapping me.

So good luck to all of you who've managed to tame this track, have a fun race :conduit: :champ:

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 13:22

Thanks for the notice David. Sorry you can't make it, but been there myself so know the feeling ^^.

Feel free to jump in if you have a late change of mind Wink

Darren Andrews and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Ragnar Loddelbrog
Rookie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2023-04-09

PostSubject: Present   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 14:16

Number 59 is Present

Back to top Go down
Erwann Burguiere
Rookie
Erwann Burguiere

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2022-12-11

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jun 2023 - 14:58

Present, sorry for the late notice.

Back to top Go down
Martin Jaspers
Rookie
Martin Jaspers

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2023 - 10:57

My race was very eventful again, but lots of fun. My start was actually decent this time and I made up some places, but then I was a bit too careful in the first laps and lots more places than I made up for at the start. On one of the first laps Frank flew by in Tarzan, but missed the corner and was unfortunately out 😦
More people had incidents and so I found myself behind Toby and in front of Jim Carvalho. We were slowly catching Toby when I made a mistake in Bos Uit. Jim caught up with me and was beside me going into Tarzan. I thought I left him space enough, but apparently not because we made contact and we both spun off, fortunately without hitting anything. It took me quite some time to get going again because I stalled the engine and so I found myself in last place. But there were still a lot of laps to go.
I overtook poor Declan quite easily in my Porsche vs his OSCA and was then chasing Jim and Toby again. They were both quite far down the road, about 15 sec, but I knew that things are not over until the finish flag, so I just tried to do consistent, fast laps.
I am not sure what happened but I overtook Ragnar at one point and Toby all of sudden was in sight. Ragnar was way faster than me and overtook me quite easily, but he had a major crash on the straight ending his race.
In the end I was able to use my Porsche to overtake Toby too, ending up 8th overall and 5th in class.
I thoroughly enjoyed the racing with all of you, Declan , Toby , Ragnar and Jim. Thanks!

Frank Verplanken, Jim Carvalho and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Stef Hermans
Rookie

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2023-04-10

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2023 - 17:42

I had a rather great race weekend.
The free practice went good, found decent pace and felt confident in the fact that I could reliably do laps in the 1.47 without to much of an issue.
Come qualy for the 1.5 and 2 liter race, wasn’t able to get the best time out of the car, which was annoying to me, was pushing to much with to little fuel and only managed a low 1.47 where i knew  1.46’s were more than manageable at the end of the session.
Eventually I was p8 on the grid and p4 in class
The race however went better than planned.
Had my best start so far and jumped up to p4 overall after T1 having jumped over John Cook, Matias Estrela, Robin the Vos and Ragnar Loddelbrog.
Was able to stay ahead of John until the end of the lap onto the straight where he flew past me in his 2 liter, and having Matias and Robin rather close to me when entering T1 on lap 2.
At the end of lap 2 Matias was able to get ahead of me and was able to be far enough ahead in T1 where I knew I lost the 1.5 lead.
Robin was still behind me but I was able to stay ahead until lap4 for T1 (AGAIN) to strike again and I went in to deep.
Robin got and stayed next to me for that entire section until the Rob Slotenmakerbocht where I didn’t want to make it 2 wide and conceded my position.
I wasn’t able to stay close enough on pure pace and I had a few skill issues along the way but I was able to keep everything in one piece.
Almost lost it twice when trying to make place for the race leaders when they lapped me(Skill issues stike once again) but in the end I was able to stay in P3 in class and ended a good  P6 in the race.

To Robin de Vos and Matias Estrela, i hope i was some good entertainment for you 2 in the first few laps, and to John cook, i hope i didn't influence your race to much in the end.

I really enjoyed the track, still go a lot to learn but I feel like I am getting there.
Onto Goodwill and I hope to race you all there.

Martin Jaspers and David Purchase like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races   1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1954 Round 5 - NAV Nationale Sportwagen Races
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2