Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Gold Star - Rules

Go down 
+15
Martin Jaspers
Pascal Mikula
Declan Brush
Guillaume Siebert
Jim Carvalho
Honza Mild
Rob de Vries
Christian Dauger
Darren Andrews
Gérard Ryon
Jukka Närhi
Bruno Chacon
Paul Nadeau
Lari Salminen
Frank Verplanken
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2022 - 20:17

Darren Andrews wrote:
Much of this becomes a non-issue once we are in our car of choice Smile Thanks Frank!

I still for the life of me can't decide on what entry to pick lol. So many tempting cars ! Talbot <3 ! OSCA <3 ! Aston-Martin <3 ! Gilby <3 ! I'm probably gonna let the universe pick one for me - let everybody book what they want and chose one among what's left. If there are any left that is :biggrin:

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2022 - 20:23

Just a reminder about HSO's policy on nicknames : they are not allowed either on the forum or on the servers :regl:.

For the server we'll let it slide for the Winter Testing, but come January 2 when we'll launch the prequalifying server for Gnoo Blas everybody needs to have edited their player name accordingly. Prequalifying times made with nicknames will be discarded without mercy 2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 1623587389

Rob de Vries likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rob de Vries
Rookie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2022-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2022 - 20:37

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Just a reminder about HSO's policy on nicknames : they are not allowed either on the forum or on the servers  :regl:.

For the server we'll let it slide for the Winter Testing, but come January 2 when we'll launch the prequalifying server for Gnoo Blas everybody needs to have edited their player name accordingly. Prequalifying times made with nicknames will be discarded without mercy 2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 1623587389

Oops, forgot to change my name over at the server
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2022 - 20:49

No worries mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2022 - 14:35

:yaa:

Frank Verplanken and Karel Marciniszyn like this post

Back to top Go down
Jim Carvalho
Club Driver
Jim Carvalho

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 3:31

Thanks for all the work, Frank. Another clarification: Do I need to pick a particular car number if there are multiple cars available for a given type? For example there are multiple “Porsche 550s” which are identical in specification. If I pick one particular car number, and someone else has just posted the same choice right before me, am I left without an entry? Or can I say in my post that I will take any other example that has the same specs?
Thanks for your patience with all our questions. :top:
Jim
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 9:32

Hey Jim ! That is a good question, I should have been more specific in the booking rules indeed.

You do need to mention the number you would like to book. In the example you mention with the Porsches, if you ask for the #36 works Porsche and someone simultaneously also asks for it, I will give #36 to the driver whose post appeared first, and #37 (or any other Porsche that has not been yet taken) to the driver whose post appeared in second.

The only downside to this will be that you might end up getting the car you asked for specs wise, but with a different skin. For instance if #36, #37 and #38 works Porsches are already taken and two people simultaneously ask for #39, I will have to give #39 to the one whose post appeared first, but will have to assign one of the Sonauto Porsches (provided one is still available) to the one whose post appeared in second.

Same thing for entries with two cars. For instance if two drivers simultaneously ask for the #40 Ecurie Rosier entry (that has a Ferrari and a Maserati), it will go to the driver whose post appeared first, while the second one will be assigned one of the Scuderia Guastalla entries (provided one is still available) that has the same combo as the #40 Rosier entry.

In the case of a driver ending up being assigned an entry with a different skin as in the two examples above, said driver will of course have the possibility to refuse it and ask for another entry.

There are 63 cars available, so hopefully there won't too many complications like this when the booking starts. At any rate we're counting on everybody's good will in such cases, knowing that we will do our best to make sure every driver wanting to participate gets a car he likes.

Cheers :hello:

Darren Andrews and Martin Bayer like this post

Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 18:57

I must say I'm amazed by the talent and dedication of that new little team Frank brought together, well done guys, it is great to see HSO back to such highs and I wish you a nice 2023 season :top:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2022 - 19:12

Cheers brother, means a lot coming from you ! 2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 3108518133 <3
Back to top Go down
Rob de Vries
Rookie

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2022 - 18:44

Hi Frank,
I don't know if you've read the latest @GPLaps' HRRC discord, but it seems to me the original mod creators are not (all?) aware of the changes that were made to their mod. Just posting this here to make you aware.

Frank Verplanken and Darren Andrews like this post

Back to top Go down
Declan Brush
Rookie
Declan Brush

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Casual conversation    2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2022 - 18:55

Would it be possible to start an HSO discord(I volunteer myself to help manage if okayed) or at least a channel here on the forum for casual discussion about this series.

Frank Verplanken, Darren Andrews and Jon Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
Darren Andrews
Club Driver
Darren Andrews

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2022-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2022 - 19:14

Declan Brush wrote:
Would it be possible to start an HSO discord(I volunteer myself to help manage if okayed) or at least a channel here on the forum for casual discussion about this series.
Hi Declan,

Thanks for volunteering! We are in the process of setting up a space on discord for HSO, which should be up and running over the next day or two!

I will post an invite here once we are up and running!

Frank Verplanken, Martin Bayer and Declan Brush like this post

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2022 - 19:54

I'm really sorry things escalated like that on the HRRC Discord... Most of it is due to HSO not having a Discord, we should have reacted quicker about that.

We are just so used to our old forum that we thought HRRC members interested in 2023 participation would naturally slide over to the forum regarding discussion about the project. But it's 2023 and it just doesn't work like that anymore. We will adjust to that accordingly.

My most sincere apologies again to Jake, Ian and Liam. I should have handled all this better. Way better. Totally my fault. No hard feelings I hope.

There also was a communications mishap with Mantas, who created the original physics of this fabulous mod, but it's all been cleared up now on this Christmas Eve. And as in the best Christmas tales there is a happy ending to it, leading to exciting prospects regarding the future of the mod. But more on that later :biggrin:.

In the meantime, a Merry Christmas to one and all !

:hello:

Bruno Chacon, Darren Andrews, Martin Bayer, Rob de Vries and Jon Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2022 - 22:25

Declan Brush wrote:
An HSO section is being built on the CMH Discord server right now! I won't post an invite because Darren said he'd send one once it's done and public but we're working hard and fast on it Wink

Darren Andrews likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Martin Jaspers
Rookie
Martin Jaspers

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2022 - 0:14

A question about the number of entrants for a race. In the rules for Gnoo Blas it says the 5 fastest drivers of each class qualify plus the 10 other fastest will start the race, but what happens if there are less than 5 drivers of a class trying to qualify? Will there be more than 10 “others” able to race then?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2022 - 0:37

Good question Martin :top:

I like to keep the rules as concise as possible in order not to deter people from actually reading them :D, so I did not include scenarios like this one and was keeping the explanation ready in the case they occurred in one of the rounds, or if somebody asked about it.

Yes, if one classe has only 4 drivers setting a prequalifying time for it, we will take the 19 drivers having satisfied the "top 5 in class" criteria, plus the next 11 fastest cars regardless of class.

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Martin Jaspers
Rookie
Martin Jaspers

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec 2022 - 9:39

Thanks, Frank. The rules was already quite a (clear) read indeed 😁
Back to top Go down
Rhys Gardiner
Club Driver
Rhys Gardiner

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2022 - 18:41

Unsure where to post this, but this thread seemed like the best place - if this would be better posted elsewhere, please let me know.

I'd like to do some testing on the server, but every time I try to join I get the "unable to install server mod" error.

I've installed the package as instructed - I've also unsubscribed and resubscribed to the base mod, deleted all files relating to the base mod and the HSO package before resubbing and reinstalling the package. nothing I've tried works.

Is there something I've missed here? the mod is fantastic and works fine in offline testing, but driving online is where it trips up.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2022 - 18:48

Hey Rhys, nice to see you :hello:

It should work if you have the base mod downloaded and installed, and then install the HSO package, that's weird scratch .

Have you tried only installing the base mod and then joining the server without having downloaded or installed the HSO package, so that the server can send you the files ?

Posting here is fine, but you can also join the Discord (https://discord.gg/mBHUwae7CH), maybe someone will find a solution to your problem faster than on the forum Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhys Gardiner
Club Driver
Rhys Gardiner

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2022 - 18:58

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Hey Rhys, nice to see you :hello:

It should work if you have the base mod downloaded and installed, and then install the HSO package, that's weird scratch .

Have you tried only installing the base mod and then joining the server without having downloaded or installed the HSO package, so that the server can send you the files ?

Posting here is fine, but you can also join the Discord (https://discord.gg/mBHUwae7CH), maybe someone will find a solution to your problem faster than on the forum Wink

Cheers Frank. tried that exact thing - uninstalled the HSO mod and downloaded the files straight from the server. Once it had downloaded and installed I got the exact same error!

I'll see if the discord will get me any luck.

EDIT: Solved! I had the Brianza oval addon installed and that was causing a conflict. Uninstalled that and I'm in.

Frank Verplanken likes this post

Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2023 - 19:36

Hi Frank, just to be sure...we have two cars in our slot, so we can choose which category we will run in Grand Prix? I guess we should say before the race, right? As it looks that at least in my case I would prefer to run in 2L category.
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2023 - 19:45

Hey Wink You can pick any of the two you want, but if there is prequalifying involved (not the case right now with 38 drivers for 40 slots but it could change before race day), the following rule applies :

Quote :
Drivers having booked an entry comprising two cars can use both in prequalifying sessions. However only the car in which he made his fastest time will be retained for prequalifying classification purposes.

:frank:
Back to top Go down
jean philippe legrand
Rookie
jean philippe legrand

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 19:30

Hi Frank, j'ai fait quelques course avec HSO en f3 l'année derniere, je serais partant pour le Goldstar 1953/54, mais pas avant quelques semaines (entorse poignet... Crying or Very sad ), dois je quand meme choisir ma voiture maintenant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.jpl-racing-photography.com/
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 21:02

Salut Jean-Philippe :hello:

Non il ne vaut mieux pas que tu sélectionnes une voiture maintenant car si tu ne peux pas rouler pour les trois premières courses 1953 par exemple tu perdras ta voiture pour absence (cf règlement).

Bon rétablissement en tout cas, et à bientôt en piste Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Wright
Rookie
Matt Wright

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2022-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar 2023 - 10:32

Are the race times going to shift with daylight savings?

(Please say yes so I don't have to get up an hour earlier when we stop DST)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Gold Star - Rules   2023 Gold Star - Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2023 Gold Star - Rules
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next