Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2020-01-23

OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Empty
PostSubject: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2020 - 16:52

:hello: how do we make the association between the OpenWeather application and a Rfactor2 server? thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://vfr.clicforum.fr/index.php
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 4:44

François Violet wrote:
:hello: how do we make the association between the OpenWeather application and a Rfactor2 server? thank you.

Can you rephrase your question? I am not sure I understand.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 9:08

We use that plugin : weatherplugin
You can find explanation how it works in the thread. :frank:
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 10:55

:hello: thank you Ben, I'm waiting for administrator rights to install and adjust the servers, here I have the installation method, you have to be an engineer! study

question: is OpenWeatherMap integrated into WeatherPlugin? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 11:14

The weather plugin can be used with different weather service, as Openweather, Darksky. We use Openweather.
It needs a subscription (free or not) to get a key allowing to receive weather information from their weather stations.
Note : Darksky was bought by Apple, and is therefore no longer usable for this plugin.
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 13:25

Arrow @Ben Paulet : Well tell me, question: if I rent a server from a supplier can I put the application or is the supplier who puts the application ?

EDIT: the supplier can put the application to us directly, I take care of nothing, it's convenient.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 10:06

Are you going to start a league François?  Smile
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 10:16

:hello:
It's complicated Alberto, we are trying to create a 6 hour event in Le Mans with the URD GTE mode and the new LOLA B12 Rebellion, I fear that it will be very difficult to recruit drivers and I do not want to advertise at HSO whom I love and who himself is experiencing difficulties. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 10:24

Je pense qu'on aura plus de facilité à continuer en français, pour moi c'est sûr.:D
François envoie moi ta (ou tes) question(s) par MP. :frank:
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 11:34

:hello: s'est ok ! le fournisseur des serveurs nous mettra la météo en direct à la demande , je disais que s'est beaucoup plus pratique pour moi et qui en plus n'a pas encore les droit d'administrateur sur les serveurs. Ensuite, Alberto me demander si nous lancions une ligue ... non, il y a en a tellement trop ! :doh: non, juste un open d’endurance pour la 28 juin, mais c'est un autre sujet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?    OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OpenWheater and Rfactor2 ?
Page 1 of 1