Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]

Go down 
+21
Ben Paulet
Gio Nuvoli
Timo Vermeersch
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Antonio Atzeni
Adam Hackman
Karel Marciniszyn
Honza Mild
Vadim Taciak
Francesco Bonardi
Greg Hunt
Mario Gassner
Steve Parker
Paul Velasco
Bruno Chacon
Petr Hlavac
Michal Janak
François Violet
Mike Becnel
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 21:24

@Mike

Whoops. Well...the other San Sebastians had a sunny day today - good for them :D
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 21:51

realy thinking about quit this season,

the Q was piese of shit, many slower cars specialy pited out skip into racing line, ignoringg cars on hotlap at al, then nobady tel no formation lap and there were cars sleep on grid totaly destroy quli efforts , after all the hits end totaly at end then too tyred by conditions and made mistake or tyres give up and lost wheel Sad

another bad race and i dion not know if the effort put in these races bring any joy or expected result
Back to top Go down
Francesco Bonardi
Rookie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2020-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 21:57

This race in a nutshell:

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 22:08

Francesco Bonardi wrote:
This race in a nutshell:

I saw “on recorder” and correctly cringed.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 22:25

so many unknown names and .......... .....

blue flag is only color

standing car is nothing why not punt into it, car on side , who cares , the start was total sh...

since start car behave a lot different than in warmup , rear grip decreased
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 22:38

What a difficult race!
Until I got to the server for qualifying, I hadn’t made any laps in the rain, my setup was exclusive for dry tracks and I had to improvise the car’s adjustments.
Good disputes with Paulo and Tomas. At least today I was not a nightmare for you Peter, I hope you enjoyed it.
Congratulations to the podium and I am very happy to score the first point with sixth place.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 22:47

Vladislav Zencov wrote:
Not your fault. Ligier in front of me fell asleep.
:doh: Sorry for the departure. I had cut the engine. I thought I had a formation lap. :smil20:

Last edited by Gérard Ryon on Sun 19 Apr 2020 - 23:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2020-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 22:57

difficult, long, blue flag to manage, too slow, but a unique experience in the rain. :doh:

I had leg cramps in 52 laps and until the end I thought about stopping the race because I was in a lot of pain.

Because of many withdrawals I finished the race in an honorable place because my level is low. I apologize for having bothered the other competitors, I tried to do my best. :smil20:

Congratulations to the winner, to the podium and to everyone who participated. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://vfr.clicforum.fr/index.php
Antonio Atzeni
Rookie
Antonio Atzeni

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2020-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2020 - 23:17

at the start I expected the formation lap, so I didn't move until they started in front of me. very hard race, impossible for me to get close to the cars in front, the spry of the wheels hid the entrances in the corners. however it was a lot of fun. the first two ran on dry?
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2020 - 8:18

The rain was an unpleasant surprise. Thankfully, Mick saved me by sending me his setup :top:  The first lap was funny. I had to pinch myself to make sure that i'm really 4th. I have no idea how it happened Very Happy Most of the race was a "Who makes more mistakes" contest with Antonio. He was clearly faster, but he simply made more mistakes. When I ripped my wing off with some 20 laps to go, I though the fight was over. However, Antonio made a similarly serious error later, so I passed him for 3rd in the end.

It was a long and very exhausting race, I'm glad I made it to the finish. The podium is an unexpected bonus, as there were many faster drivers. Those two aliens at the front were in a different league, unbelievable Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 3108518133 And I want to apologize to Marc Florkin, I sent him into the barrier while lapping him in lap 12. I clearly misjudged the situation, sorry Marc pale
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2020 - 12:45

Hi Guys , it was very hard race for everyone yesterday I think , for me was my first race under raining in simracing ( for sure was the same for a lot of us )  and it was really something different than usually , but after all it was fun first experience .

Adam made a better start than me , he tooks the lead , the first few laps was nice battle btw us . after I Overtook him and pull away .

The whole race  was a mentaly battle against the rain , the tyres and myself .  :first:

just a quick message to the lapped cars , I know that is not fun to be lapped , and I can understand this bad feeling maybe at this moment , but please guys , don t compet like you are in battle for the win with the leaders cars .this has no sense . Sincerely yesterday I was very surprise about attituds from some drivers ... ( i m not here for to give names and i don't will  ) .
ok rain maybe didn't help but it s not necessary to try to make the brakes after be lapped , or close the inside or outtside doors for half an lap ...

anyway grats to the guys respect as much as they can the blue flags , the rules , and more important the HSO spirit .

well done all finishers .

see you to Zolder   :hello:
Back to top Go down
Gio Nuvoli
Rookie
Gio Nuvoli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2020-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2020 - 14:12

Mike Becnel wrote:
Florkin Marc wrote:
Pour mon retour comme Kubica , je tente l'aventure avec la Mezzario , même si c'est une mauvaise voiture , on se battra en queue de peloton.....,je prépare ma valise pour Jarama

Le Vi' Papy
:papy:
Marcus
:cowboy:

If you run the well documented dumpster fire regularly you will be high on the “allowed to upgrade” list.

Olà I raced in Le Mans sunday with WSCC and the rain was quite an option!
Nothing
Not a single drop in 6 hrs.
Maybe the rain was entirely drained by Jarama?

I read about the “allowed to upgrade” list, can I join this?
Keep well
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2020 - 15:51

Gio when a car is available you want to switch to you can PM me. You can only upgrade once. Once you drive the new car you are stuck.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2020 - 17:15

Race results and replay available when Frank’s work allows. For those unaware Frank works in a healthcare related job and is under enormous stress. Real life has to get priority right now.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2020 - 12:38

Some little things, about inconveniences.

About no formation lap, it's almost totally my fault.
When I relaunched the server for the qualy, I removed the formation lap, because I thought (I don't know why), the fuel tank was maybe not enough. It happened in the 1st or 2nd race of the championship.
Sorry about that, however I wrote in qualy's chat that the server was set to 75 laps and no formation lap. And nobody noticed that, to tell me it was not good.

And 2nd point, is about weather.
Indeed, the plugin is connected to the "Port of Pollença" weather station, which is located to Balearic Islands. So it explain why you got rain.
We have to be more careful about the weather station to which the plugin connects.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2020 - 12:49

Ben Paulet wrote:
Some little things, about inconveniences.
And 2nd point, is about weather.
Indeed, the plugin is connected to the "Port of Pollença" weather station, which is located to Balearic Islands. So it explain why you got rain.
We have to be more careful about the weather station to which the plugin connects.

:rigol: :rigol: :rigol: :rigol: :rigol: :rigol: :rigol: :rigol:

But no worries Ben , in real was a lot of rain Sunday at Madrid too
so online weather  was correct :papy:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2020 - 13:13

Hoping that I didn't make a mistake. Normally race results and replay are available on website. :frank:

Drivers standings is updated too, but not the constructors standings (despite having read the rules, I don't understand, I'm so moron :D )
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2020 - 14:08

Sorry if I'm wrong: I came in sixth, I think I should have received 1 point. Or did I not complete the number of laps necessary for this?
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2020 - 14:14

Bruno Chacon wrote:
Sorry if I'm wrong: I came in sixth, I think I should have received 1 point. Or did I not complete the number of laps necessary for this?
You weren't wrong, it's corrected. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2020 - 15:29

Ben Paulet wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:
You weren't wrong, it's corrected. :frank:

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2020 - 1:21

A track that I really don't like. With rain it had everything to go badly wrong.
After all, unexpectedly, I ended up having one of the best starts that I can remember in a decade: until after turn 1 I... went from 17th to 8th!
I was very lucky, of course, but it could even have been better if I was even luckier, because in front of me there was a car that didn't start, it stood still and I had to go around of it.

Then, an unexpected adventure, but an interesting adventure, with some dispute with several but mainly with my 'team mate' Bruno (congs for that point). I couldn't keep up the pace, some failures (in the last 20 laps, due to several factors) and he did very well.

Last but not the least: too bad that some drivers continue to leave (the track) and return to it without the proper caution ...

congs to the podium
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]   Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Jarama [April 19th]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3