Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]

Go down 
+28
Florkin Marc
Timo Vermeersch
Rossetti Paolo
Alberto Ibañez
Tomáš Matoušek
Gérard Ryon
Claudio Navonne
François Violet
Francesco Bonardi
Mick Chapman
Vaclav Burda
Bruno Chacon
Gio Nuvoli
Frank Verplanken
Vadim Taciak
Petr Hlavac
Adam Hackman
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Antonio Atzeni
Paulo Rodrigues
Michal Janak
Steve Parker
Mario Gassner
Honza Mild
Karel Marciniszyn
Paul Velasco
Vladislav Zenkov
Mike Becnel
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 0:13

Thank you all for your congratulations!  :first:  :champ:

I really love this track. I think you noticed that today. I ran two races here (in rFactor 1 in F1 1988 and here in F1 1979) and both ended up with a Grand Chelem for me! Pole, fastest lap, lead all laps and win!

Mike surprised me very much with his aggressive, but at the same time clean overtaking. I watched him in the mirrors, but I didn't expect an attack. When I saw that he was going to overtake I thought "Hell, if I don't give him inside line - he will take me out from the race". As a result, I opened inside line to it and let him go forward. He took me for a punt. Immediately after this maneuver, I stuck to his back and began to press him. There was no place to overtake, and I didn't have the balls to overtake as aggressively as Mike had. I began to press him with all my strength, and even before the end of that lap, he made a mistake and I regained the lead.

Then I got away from my pursuers and started a race against time for myself. I tried to interrupt my lap times from lap to lap. And also tried to go fast enough to complete all 65 laps out of 65 in 2 hours limit. As a result, I began last 65th lap 1 second before the 2 hour limit expired! And finished all 65 of the 65 laps.  lol!

I did not make any pit stops in the race, but this did not stop me from showing my best lap at the very end of the race. I also spilled a lot of fuel.

Grats to Adam and Tomas, who were with me on the podium!
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 1:44

Aggressive? I was easily directly next to you long before the brake point and had the inside line. It was the only place I was fast enough to catch you and pass you in a wide space. The other areas where you were much slower were way too skinny to pass. I was not looking at you in the mirror when I passed. I was 10 car lengths ahead of you or more when I missed my turn in. I was day dreaming. I should not have raced I think.

The pass on Michal was a surprise. I did not expect to catch him out of the corner. He had wheel spin I believe.
Back to top Go down
Antonio Atzeni
Rookie
Antonio Atzeni

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2020-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 2:05

hello mike, it was not my intention to touch you, unfortunately the external side of my front wheels is out of my monitor, I was sure that the car would pass clean in the space you left me, my mistake. Tomorrow they will arrange my FOV better on these cars to prevent this from happening again. I had the same problem at turn 2 when I tried to pass Francesco Bonardi.
Sorry
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 2:24

Antonio Atzeni wrote:
hello mike, it was not my intention to touch you, unfortunately the external side of my front wheels is out of my monitor, I was sure that the car would pass clean in the space you left me, my mistake. Tomorrow they will arrange my FOV better on these cars to prevent this from happening again. I had the same problem at turn 2 when I tried to pass Francesco Bonardi.
Sorry

I edited my last post, I also hit you and did not realize it. Did so when I passed you back. I am glad you did not hit my wreck as I was trying to exit to monitor after wrecking a lap or two later.
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 8:39

Big congrats to the podium guys, and Vlad simply out of this world! Ahem, cough, cough... Alien!
When your teammate (Vlad) is 4-5 seconds faster on a lap than you (Me) it is fucking depressing from the moment you do your flyer until the race starts...
Got dive-bombed by a yellow car early in the race when I was getting comfortable and was stuck in the barrier - no damage, but took forever to get out. Was last by far and then tried to catch up, had a nice scrap with Steve then was alone and started making mistakes as concentration went and when I knew I was going to finish eighth I decided to park it after another conversation with a barrier.
Unlike the winner, I do not like this track with these cars, they were not made for the streets but great for cars you can keep out the barriers. URD DTM around here was crazy fun. 1979 F1 not.
Bring on the next one!
:flag:

Michal Janak wrote:
lap 30 T1 game freezes for a 1s (as happening tme to time, dont know why, all online applications are off on my PC for racing so only RF2 running Crying or Very sad
This happened to me in qualifying but the freeze was about 3-4 seconds and then did not allow me to ESC back to the pits had to force quit to rejoin. My ping was a steady 50-60...
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 9:37

I dont know what happened, my engine suddenly went silent, no flames, no blow just silent Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tomáš Matoušek
Rookie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 11:40

I want to apologize to Vlad for the complication. I wanted to release you safely, but then the shadow of the skyscraper confused me and I didn't hit the stopping point.
Otherwise, everything went as if in a dream. In the factory my guys probably improved the engine, otherwise it is not possible. Very Happy I couldn't believe 5 place in the qualification. It was exciting to fight the big boys in front. After all, in Argentina and Brazil I lost 7-10 seconds per lap. This race was about to survive and I survived and even at 3 place, amazing. Respect to all who have completed this hell. :champ:
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 11:47

Tomáš Matoušek wrote:
I want to apologize to Vlad for the complication. I wanted to release you safely, but then the shadow of the skyscraper confused me and I didn't hit the stopping point.
Otherwise, everything went as if in a dream. In the factory my guys probably improved the engine, otherwise it is not possible.  Very Happy  I couldn't believe 5 place in the qualification. It was exciting to fight the big boys in front. After all, in Argentina and Brazil I lost 7-10 seconds per lap. This race was about to survive and I survived and even at 3 place, amazing. Respect to all who have completed this hell. :champ:

No problem, mate. I looked in the mirrors and saw you. The difficulty of this corner is that there are no braking signs, my braking point was the lobby of the building, which was on the left. Congratulations on the podium!
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 12:33

Just the regular race for me, freezes galore in qualy so wasn't expecting much of the race. I did hope to cover a few laps though, but was not to be : 1-second freeze coming up to Congress in lap 2 --> armco --> wheel off --> over :smil20: . Very frustrating after so much preparation for a race I was looking forward to.

The race was very enjoyable to watch though :top: Plenty of battles down to the wire.

I saw Francesco's wild return on track live, that was a bit ugly but Francesco proved the gentleman by posting about it right after the finish :top: .

Bruno you have to give more room when faster people are catching you. Early on Mike caught you and was 8 seconds per lap faster than you : you should have made room to let him pass, especially on a track like this. Makes absolutely no sense to close doors and brake in the middle of the track like you did. Same thing later on when Gérard caught you. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 13:01

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Just the regular race for me, freezes galore in qualy so wasn't expecting much of the race. I did hope to cover a few laps though, but was not to be : 1-second freeze coming up to Congress in lap 2 --> armco --> wheel off --> over :smil20: . Very frustrating after so much preparation for a race I was looking forward to.

The race was very enjoyable to watch though :top: Plenty of battles down to the wire.

I saw Francesco's wild return on track live, that was a bit ugly but Francesco proved the gentleman by posting about it right after the finish :top: .

Bruno you have to give more room when faster people are catching you. Early on Mike caught you and was 8 seconds per lap faster than you : you should have made room to let him pass, especially on a track like this. Makes absolutely no sense to close doors and brake in the middle of the track like you did. Same thing later on when Gérard caught you. Evil or Very Mad

Ok Frank, at the next races i will do this. Thanks for the advertice
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 13:11

:top:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 13:28

Typical
i realy wanted to see this race
one of the best Carrera produced of the pack

what a bummer the broadcast went off
Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 15:08

Francesco Bonardi wrote:
I have to give my Excuse to Hackman for a REALLY BAD Rejoin after a loss of concentration.
Really Sorry Sad

(Watching the replay... For your information i was playing with Tablet as hotspot. I've not seen you.)

No worries Francesco. It happens.

Tough race. The changing shadows created an interesting challenge that I did not expect. The final chicane was super difficult the last several laps. Once again Vlad was in a class of his own. Congrats mate on another fantastic victory!
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 18:37

Mike wrote:
You clearly overdrove the corner and dive bombed him causing contact that took him out. But I did watch the replay from the time you left the pits and you politely let him go by. Also saw you carefully followed him. I would have dive bombed his ass also but I would have left him more room like I did this when passing Vlad in the same corner.

It was late last night to apologize to Bruno. I get up at 5:45 am, to start my work at 7 am. I didn't sleep well at night. Mike and Frank, we summarized the incident well. Adam , I'm glad that you finish after the contact at the start of the race.
My race is summarized, by 2 passages by the stands (2x32 sec) Repair front wing .10 th to finish 4th, in H shifters. Like in 79. I sweat, do not miss it.
Well done to the podium.
Back to top Go down
Francesco Bonardi
Rookie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2020-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2020 - 18:42

Adam Hackman wrote:
Francesco Bonardi wrote:
I have to give my Excuse to Hackman for a REALLY BAD Rejoin after a loss of concentration.
Really Sorry Sad

(Watching the replay... For your information i was playing with Tablet as hotspot. I've not seen you.)

No worries Francesco. It happens.

Tough race. The changing shadows created an interesting challenge that I did not expect. The final chicane was super difficult the last several laps. Once again Vlad was in a class of his own. Congrats mate on another fantastic victory!

It will not happen again Wink
I'm glad your car didn't took too much damage.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2020 - 21:26

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]   Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Detroit [March 15th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5