Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]

Go down 
+20
Claudio Navonne
François Violet
Otávio de Barros
Filippo Marazzi
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Christian Dauger
Frank Waschke
Jan Titz
Petr Hlavac
Matthias Weber
Honza Mild
Steve Parker
Mike Becnel
Jukka Närhi
Michal Janak
Jason Fitch
Jacob Fredriksson
Gérard Ryon
Yannick Lampure
Frank Verplanken
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 18:17

:clap: Fantastique voitures,elle ne pardonne pas l'erreur.Les cadrans,le bruit du moteur et la conduite en H :conduit: ,quelle plaisir et dans les ardennes Belges. cheers
Impressionner par la vitesse de Petr,dommage pour Steve.
Bravo a tous les pilotes qui ont franchi le :flag: C'était un vrai défi.Les ballots de paille n'ont pas survécu. lol!
Merci a l' administration HSO.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 19:13

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Sorry again for the mess, that kinda spoiled the fun a bit Sad. Thanks for your patience though :chinois:, it was really an admin's nightmare Rage

Still not sure what happened to be honest. It all went perfectly well until it didn't, at which point it became just loco.

Weirdest thing was to have Petr's car become invisible when we switched to race session What a Face . No idea why the formation lap was skipped either, as all the settings were correct. I could not log in as an administrator either, so that didn't help.

Thanks for the race, delay was no problem for me, shit happens - everyone has to calm down a bit. Admins are no magicians :langue:

Great cars, great physics, amazing track rhâââ lovely - my race went well, starting from P3 aufter god quali lap i gained another positions at the start, and i could hold the guys behind me some time. Great race with Jukka, made two mistakes, glad to survive them but couldn't get that position back at the end.

So, some administrative hints from my side: (i can help in the future, if you need some help, i'm admin for rf2 server some years now)
- problem with Petr disappearing was a glitch nobody can avoid, i've seen it in quali, but didn't write it because of the rules, so i wrote it in warmup, where Petr simply should have rejoined
- formation lap not workin is rfactor2 mistake, if the leader does not move when "begin formation lap" is shown, the game just skips the formation lap // so Petr has been invisible an no other cars moved, so formation lap was cancelled
- recon laps are aweful, on my league we have one random driver disconnecting every race. Tried it again and again, but does not work, so please just deactivate recon laps (they only cost time imho)
- please adjust "Delay After Race":90, in multiplayer.json for such long tracks

Hope i can drive next races :conduit: :drink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 23:43

For those not in the know, the guy (Petr) who just absolutely schooled our asses on track was effectively paralyzed just over three months ago. He has been hospitalized up until about a week ago when he went home. The physical therapy he went through had to be exhausting. His recovery is truly amazing and downright inspiring. Petr, you are the f—-ing man!

Timo made a quoting/editing error, he meant to post this on his own:

I will second that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Timo

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 1:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 23:47

Mike Becnel wrote:
Petr Hlavac wrote:
Ever since I moved my thumb three months ago, I knew i'll race again. But this exceeded all my hopes, wishes and expectations. I'm sure this was the best possible car/track combination and such result is an exception, but it feels great, anyway Cool It was a relatively smooth ride until I made two huge mistakes at LaSource. I stood on the brake but the car just won't slow down. Maybe my left foot slipped to clutch, maybe the strength in my foot simply faded. I don't know, but had to make two burnouts to get back on track (Ferrari has no reverse gear :doh: ). Steve passed me, but died at Masta shortly after. It was a pleasure cruise since then.

Thanks for solving the issue with server and letting me race!

For those not in the know, the guy (Petr) who just absolutely schooled our asses on track was effectively paralyzed just over three months ago. He has been hospitalized up until about a week ago when he went home. The physical therapy he went through had to be exhausting. His recovery is truly amazing and downright inspiring. Petr, you are the f—-ing man!

Yeah, Petr absolutely amazing job!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2020 - 23:48

Recon laps will be disabled for the foreseeable future. They may come back later but dead for now. Rules will be updated.
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2020 - 8:44

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Sorry again for the mess, that kinda spoiled the fun a bit Sad. Thanks for your patience though :chinois:, it was really an admin's nightmare Rage

Still not sure what happened to be honest. It all went perfectly well until it didn't, at which point it became just loco.

Weirdest thing was to have Petr's car become invisible when we switched to race session What a Face . No idea why the formation lap was skipped either, as all the settings were correct. I could not log in as an administrator either, so that didn't help.

During qualy I warped badly at least once per lap, so something was wrong with my internet. Turns out there was a short-circuit in the outlet my box is plugged on, and just as the race was going to start it went up in smoke, throwing me out of the server... So not only was it a shitty admin night for me, it was an awful racing one as well !

Too bad since this mod is such a joy to race with. Especially in close battle, thrilling stuff ! The differences between the cars look very close to the real deal, will be interesting to see how tire wear and fuel consumption weight in on that in longer races.

:flag:

1000 km series please Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2020 - 11:47

Matthias Weber wrote:
Admins are no magicians :langue:

"And now for my next trick, I'm gonna make the pole-sitter disappear !"  :D

Thanks for the tips Matthias  :top: . A weight off our minds to know most of these bugs are inherent to rF2 Smile.

"Delay after race" was adjusted before the race though, to 240. So was the admin pass and it didn't work either  drunken . Probably something on our end though Wink.

Thanks again, not unlikely we might ask you for advice in the future yes  :top:  :chinois:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2020 - 22:29

Good job on Petr for taking the win, lost nothing of his speed!

I picked the 1.5l class because I kinda had the most fun with it. At some parts I only had to lift/brake shallowly or keep going flat, that was fun.

I sadly went off the first time when Marazzi appeared to crash at Eau Rouge and got blocked behind the wall.

Regained the time(had a side impact with another wall somewhere), took the lead and looked set with some good times, then, due to the long wait and getting tired along with the long nature of the track, went too wide close to Blanchimont and flew off the track, long enough for Frank to gain the lead and Petr to lap me so I went home 2nd, a bit an unhappy ending to a good run.

I do understand the server trouble and the apparently small solution to Petr's problem, but I think it's still common sense to avoid chatting while a (shortened) qualification session is going on.

I am a bit astonished the whisper function is still relatively unknown, although it existed already in rF1 :D

I am just saying, keep in mind that I am trying to thread the needle at for example the infamous Masta Kink and a message popping up right before the entry might lead to me getting distracted(read or not) and missing the apex, slamming into a wall at around 200 km/h pale

Take into account the length of the track and you need some 8 minutes to maybe set another time. I just wanted to make people aware of that, no harm intended.

Btw: I admit I had two things I found "meh": Can't fault the modder for it, but I admit that the cars being based on the Cobra just didn't feel like their rl counterparts, couldn't help it.

Also, not sure if it's my wheel settings, but me feeling like snailing along at 200 while the bigger cars fly down the straight all the while I have time to notice the bumps jerking at my wheel was annoying me a bit too Razz

Otherwise fun though Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2020 - 0:11

That was a fun race,had same problem as David in qualy,when chat kept popping up and made me crash,after that i thought i might as well start at the back as there was no time to set a lap,started 18th and was up to 2nd by lap 2 affraid managed to catch the flying Petr on lap 8 and took the lead then lost concentration and crashed two corners later :urgence: ,Fantastic comeback Petr and well deserved win :clap: :top:

Fantastic mod and great fun :top:
Back to top Go down
François Violet
Experienced Driver
François Violet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2020-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2020 - 6:05

@Frank Verplanken :hello:  je suis impatient d'avoir les liens mod/circuit pour le Tour n°2 :clap:

Question : comment fait-on pour avoir la bannière en signature ? merci.
Back to top Go down
http://vfr.clicforum.fr/index.php
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2020 - 6:36

François Violet wrote:
@Frank Verplanken :hello:  je suis impatient d'avoir les liens mod/circuit pour le Tour n°2 :clap:

Question : comment fait-on pour avoir la bannière en signature ? merci.

Le topic de course pour Norisring sera publié aujourd'hui Wink.

Pour la signature, voir ce post Smile.
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2020 - 11:14

Great event, fantastic mod and track

I had problems in 15 minutes Q session and so only P14 (bale of hay in middle of the track, and an error at La source)...

During the Race I make an error in lap 2 on the bridge at Eau Rouge (sorry David J.) ...another error in lap 3 touching a wall ...so car with some damages was not so fast at start.

Many laps with Christian another minor error in lap 8 and then I destroy the car in lap 10...pity I just want finish Crying or Very sad

Congratulation to Petr :clap: and also to my team mate Steve (saving honor of Cats)

Thanks Admins

Also for me could be nice have longer race with this mod (maybe 500km 3/4 hours event could be possible for single driver, for 1000km could be difficult, at the moment we are not enough for cars with 2 drivers)
...maybe a 24hours Le grand circuit in 4 hours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2020 - 15:34

Ultimately I'd like to do either a Targa Florio or a Gran Premio Supercortemaggiore (Monza 1000 Km) with the mod this year Smile. In the meantime, the Rouen race we have scheduled with the mod early June is already a 2-hour solo race Cool.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Feb 2020 - 23:43

Just some random 4K Screenshot of the race, man that looks beautiful!
Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Overvi10

Link: --> HSO Spa 1954 on WuD Nextcloud

rhâââ lovely
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb 2020 - 13:32

cheers rhâââ lovely Beautiful Matthias, thanks a lot :top: Mind if I put some on the site, with credits of course ?
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb 2020 - 20:28

Frank Verplanken wrote:
cheers  rhâââ lovely Beautiful Matthias, thanks a lot :top: Mind if I put some on the site, with credits of course ?

Free for all, copyright © @HSO Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]   Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - 1954 Grand Prix de Spa [rF2 | January 26]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5