Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]

Go down 
+22
Gérard Ryon
Mick Chapman
Raul Jereb
Juha Bos
Jason White
Brian Janik
Greg DellaCella
Thiago Canola
Dave Miller
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Richard Wilks
Richard Coxon
Raymond Riddall
David Jundt
Adam Hackman
Jason Whited
David Sabre
Grant Riddall
Jason Fitch
David Jaques
Bruno Chacon
Alberto Ibañez
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 14:31

Cezariusz Czlapinski wrote:
I'd like to take care of Alberto's #5 Team Penske PC17 for this round Wink

Go for it Cezariusz!! Please I need help here! You get that pole position and lead most laps!!! lol! lol!

Last edited by Thiago Canola on Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 15:33

Mick Chapman wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Cezariusz Czlapinski wrote:
I'd like to take care of Alberto's #5 Team Penske PC17 for this round Wink

After talking about it, Richard will pass on the car and you can have it, Cezariusz. 

We would like to remind you all that in this last race the championship is decided between Thiago Canola and David Jaques, thus we did not want a too quick driver as Richard in the best car, so as not to cause interference in the tittle fight. So please, we ask everyone by all means to drive your race and do your best, but also take extra care not to cause any accident or incident with the title fighters, we would like the outcome to be based solely on track performance. Thank you  :chinois:

Well, as there is money involved, as to what actions I do, or don't take....I will* take this with a pinch of salt Wink

:conduit:

*might
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 17:19

:hello: Présent
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Dec 2019 - 6:06

I'll be broadcasting as usual Smile

Best of luck to all drivers for this one!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Dec 2019 - 17:00

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
I'll be broadcasting as usual Smile

Best of luck to all drivers for this one!

I'll get you graphics later today
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Dec 2019 - 22:22

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 18:59

#1 :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 19:06

Simon Wattman wrote:
#1 :conduit:

OK  :top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 19:38

The broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-pdRL_B4k
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 20:05

:conduit: i give a try
hope engine don t blow
crash may be near ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Dec 2019 - 20:07

Q started a few minutes ago, best of luck to all participants once again.
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 0:17

My big apologies Brian  Embarassed  the speed advantage at the end of the main stretch made me too enthusiastic on that move.
I was pretty sure that you are letting me through, as it wasn't fight for position (I was 2 laps down) and you were not covering the inside line.

But need to admit humbly after reviewing the replay- I misjudged the place/time for overtaking you :doh:
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 1:06

i think, even if you had the speed to go back up in the standings Cezariusz, you were too agressive tonight IMO.
finsihing the race may gave you the 8th place as you were nearly last near me.14-15th at this time.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 10:24

Well, first of all.

Congratulations David for the championship. That was a championship fight back for sure. Go back to Mid Ohio and anyone would of said your out of the running for sure with Thiagos pace and consistency..  absolutely brilliant Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 3108518133

Also well done Thiago, as I said your consistency was fantastic, the T87 is not the easiest to handle, has its perks but certainly struggles around tighter tracks but you managed it great!

My race last night was hugely satisfying for me. I realised after practise my pace was not close enough to the front runners so I sacrificed one lap pace for race strategy. Last race of the championship so I decided to go back to my 2017 roots and go for an offset strategy and go as quick as I can without conserving a single tire.

Start was paramount I cleared as much as I could and lucky the lower weight paid off as I managed to get into 2nd. From then on I knew it was a game of building the gap each stint to Jundt and Thiago. By the time my last stop came I had a bit of luck with Jundt and Thiago battling and giving me a few more seconds, so by the time I came out I was 8 seconds ahead with low fuel and fresh tires and only about 17 laps to go. So I paced myself to the finish and managed a well needed 2nd place. After my recent runs and mishaps I am very very pleased to of gained this one!!

Thank you to the Admins who organised this championship, year after year you deliver top quality and much sought after racing that you rarely find anywhere else! So thank you for that!

Jonatan and Alberto too. Broadcasting is top level and very much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 12:32

I want to start by thanking Mick Chapman for the excellent setup he offered me in practice. Mick, the car was fantastic! Consistent at all times and gave me the security I needed. Too bad you had no luck in the race.
In 2017, I lost my internet connection at the start and to me it seemed like a cursed track.
I knew this race would be torture, any distraction and it would be over.
I tried to get rid of Mathieu and Simon at a safe pace and thought of keeping pace with Ryon but thought better and decided that it would be better to ensure consistency rather than risk crashing in such a long race.
So my biggest concern now was not to get in the way of the drivers who were fighting for the title and all the others who were putting laps on me.
I tried to be as consistent as possible and benefited from the abandonment of others.
This championship was magnificent, as always the broadcasts were excellent, full of relevant content and information. Jonatan, Alberto, and Mr. White, TV stations if you were smart would hire you. Great team!
Too bad Jason Whited got out of the disconnect race, he was very combative in the race.
Finally, I want to congratulate David Jaques for the brilliant victory and conquest of the championship and also Thiago Canola for second place. From my point of view in racing, the driver who suffered the most attacks and knew how to handle the limitations of his equipment well.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 15:15

I want to thank all that stick with us through all this championship, thank you for making it so good, doesnt matter if you are slow or fast, thank you all, Congratulations to everybody, we are all here to have fun, i hope everybody did.

See you all in the next one.

:flag: :drink:

Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 15:36

Spent yesterday morning contemplating racing...was in a fairly shitty mood and just wasn't feeling it. Literally drug myself to the PC to launch the game, then mumbled and grumbled about the load time (yeah, was that bad)

...but, after I got in the car and starting doing some laps, I found myself in an ok place.
Decided to race, but wasn't going to fight. Somehow, that worked out and I found myself in a mostly lonely P5-P6, just what I wanted.
And that was all going well, until Jonatan came along and tagged me with the commentators curse. Suspect

lol!

In reality though, appears my ISP sent some kind of update through to my modem and it needed to reset.
I have no real clue why that caused (a rather strange) disco. Upon leaving the server, I found my connection claiming it was connected, yet I was having issues. A restart of all things fixed it, and that's the first time I've seen that issue...so now I'm all paranoid about whether or not I've figured out what happened, or if this is going to happen again (extremely rare problem for me these days, so it's quite annoying and worrisome)

Anyways, that sucked and I hope it was a one off thing due to this supposed 'update' or some such.

Really here just to thank admin for hosting this wonderful series. I've enjoyed these cars quite a lot and I'm going to miss them Sad

Big thanks to everyone who puts in work here...as well as all who consistently show up to race.
Big thanks to the broadcast crew for being faithful in that work as well (except Jonatan...I won't forgive you for this one :rigol: )

...seriously though. Thanks guys! Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 3108518133

Back to top Go down
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 16:20

Well, that wasn't exactly the way I was hoping to finish out my season. My apologies to Fitch and Wilks for almost taking you out in my mishap. I bought some Fanatec ClubSport Pedals during their Black Friday sale and in hindsight probably should have given myself a little more time getting used to them. It was a big change from the Logitech Red Momo setup I have been running forever...

Thanks to the admins for another memorable CART season! Thanks Jonatan for all the broadcasts! I was stoked to get my first pole and finish one higher in the points than the last time we did this. I came oh so close to that elusive first win, but hopefully an all oval USAC season will help my chances. Looking forward to what next season will bring!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 16:55

Standings seem a little wonky....has Alberto with 42 points in P11, while it places me P12 overall with 47 points.

Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 17:13

Jason Whited wrote:
Standings seem a little wonky....has Alberto with 42 points in P11, while it places me P12 overall with 47 points.
Sorted, sometimes the software is a bit wonky and if you're in a bit of a hurry or a bit tired, it's an easy mistake to make, because the software used becomes a bit cluttered with all the numbers :aie:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 17:37

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:
Sorted, sometimes the software is a bit wonky and if you're in a bit of a hurry or a bit tired, it's an easy mistake to make, because the software used becomes a bit cluttered with all the numbers :aie:

Thank you :chinois:

It was no problem, just noticed it when glancing at final standings and figured I'd mention it while here.

Thanks for all your work, Jonatan.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 18:34

I that this was going to be a tough race with 112 laps around here and sure enough it was. It was difficult to stay focused but I did finish after a couple of spins. Very Happy

Qualifying was better than I though that it would be and I started in 8th. I was thinking a top 6 finish would be good.
Everyone seemed to behave at the start :top: and off we went into the long race. I was running in 5th until a couple of spins dropped me down to 6th and then towards the end of the race it was just cruise around to the finish. :D

10th place in the championship, not bad for me.

Thanks to the admins who ran the series :top: and thanks for all of the broadcasts :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 23:21

Well, this race was a milestone for me, not a milestone to be proud of mind you. This is the first time I finished a season in the car I started it, but this year I actually had the foresight to find someone to share The Bandit with during my Work Season in the fall(THANKS Pascal!!)

I couldn't match my practice pace in Q for some reason, traffic was kind of an issue. I was really surprised with how far off the pace I was at the start. But I soldiered on, I needed to just finish and I did!

Tried to stay out of the way of the Faster cars, I think I did a pretty decent job, there were a couple times where I was just caught in the wrong spot. I learned my lesson in the middle portion and began slowing earlier later in the race. Only real problem with being lapped was Cezariusz ran into the back of me once while lapping me, I was offline, so I'm not sure what happened there.

No worries Hackman, spotted the aftermath when I came around the corner and was anticipating what happened.

Also, I think there's a scoring error for me as well, I scored 1 point for 12th so I should be tied with White for 24th or 25th place.

Welp, looking forward to a season of USAC next season as well as some NASCAR as well.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Dec 2019 - 0:15

:flag: Thanks HSO for great mod, season, and broadcasts.

:first: Congrats to David Jaques on all those wins and the championship.
:second: And to Thiago for his consistency and fight in sometimes a sub-par car. Took it to wire.
:champ: Pleased with 5th place after missing a few races and blowing a few chances

:clap: :aie: :drink: Thanks & Congrats to all who took part in this Championship. Lots of good battles and action throughout the entire grid and season.
With the dust settled and head cooled, I can say, It's really great racing with all of you! Most of the time :langue:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Dec 2019 - 20:57

Thank you to all the admins and people involved in creating the mods/tracks, truly fantastic what you have put on. We don't always mention/thank you enough, but we all do appreciate everything you do to make these series/races happen. Thank you!

Tiago it was great racing with you, amazing for it to end so close. You had the car deficit, I had the (self inflicted) points deficit. Every lap of the last 4 races were incredibly tense, and it wasn't over till the last lap of the season. Can't ask for more than that. Serious achievement with finishing in the points every race, i can only dream of such consistency.

Brian, Adam, Jason, you guys always seemed to be running good pace this season, great work!

Thank you to all that have worked with me in practice sessions and on the setup. Too many to mention, but wouldn't have made it without you. Arguably, I spend too much time practicing and working on the cars/setups. But this is the time where its a bit more relaxed and can talk and discuss, I really appreciate the comradery around here, thanks to all who spend time.

Bob Wilson, I certainly miss our setup discussions, thought of you often while trying to decide which changes to make.

It was a great season with many fantastic races and close finishes, looking forward to many more in the future.

Best,
Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]   Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 15 - Nissan Indy Challenge [Dec 8th]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next